Random Thoughts 3 - interesting posts only please

Or better yet... get the TouchSmart PC
(May. 13, 2009  2:53 AM)jsc Wrote: Or better yet... get the TouchSmart PC

I'm very familiar with the Touchsmart; however I'm in university and I require a laptop. Plus the components are weaker than what I could get in a mainstream HP desktop.
(May. 13, 2009  2:59 AM)Artie Wrote: or best of all buy a mac

Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing when the computer I have now inevitably gets horribly outdated/craps out on me.
(May. 13, 2009  2:59 AM)Artie Wrote: or best of all buy a mac

I 've been using Mac since OS 8; but I won't buy a macbook because I absolutely loathe office for Mac. Considering that and firefox are the primary software used on my laptop it doesn't make sense to get one.
(May. 13, 2009  3:26 AM)Khel Wrote: I 've been using Mac since OS 8; but I won't buy a macbook because I absolutely loathe office for Mac. Considering that and firefox are the primary software used on my laptop it doesn't make sense to get one.

What exactly do you not like about it? Seems to suit my needs, but I'm not sure what you'd use it for.

Oh, and Firefox isn't all that great on OS X.
I might have to learn how to use macros for excel soon. This functionality is unavailable on the mac version. Plus I just really don't like the interface it.

I like the mac but the laptop is going to be primarily an 'office' style computer it won't work for me. I'll probably end up getting an imac for my desktop since that is where all my media goes.
I don't know guys, Firefox has been working fine for me on OS X Speechless
I am going to stick with XP until I get my own computer, which will mostly be used for internet/photoshop/D3.
(May. 13, 2009  4:06 AM)Kei Wrote: I don't know guys, Firefox has been working fine for me on OS X Speechless

safari is better
Safari can't scroll between tabs... firefox is much more versatile with all of the addons like TabMixPlus and Xmarks.
In order to make sure the items arrived for BWR in time, I had to remove the clothes from my shipment so it would be less likely to get caught in customs. So much for wearing fly new clothes to AN. Unhappy
Hey you might still be able to. That means you have to pay heaps more now though Confused
(May. 13, 2009  9:18 AM)josh-jf Wrote: Hey you might still be able to. That means you have to pay heaps more now though Confused

Nah, I'll be constantly ordering stuff from MOJ anyway, so it won't really affect my finances much more than usual. It's a delay more than anything else, and I bought a lot of clothes specifically for the warm weather in Toronto, so it's a bit annoying.
Why ? What happend, Synesthesia ? (I got the name right finally..) if you don't mind me asking ...
(May. 13, 2009  9:21 AM)Raykon Wrote: Why ? What happend, Synesthesia ? (I got the name right finally..) if you don't mind me asking ...

Pretty sure he's responding to me.
(May. 13, 2009  9:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nah, I'll be constantly ordering stuff from MOJ anyway, so it won't really affect my finances much more than usual. It's a delay more than anything else, and I bought a lot of clothes specifically for the warm weather in Toronto, so it's a bit annoying.

You still have a decent chance though brad. Dont lose all hope yet Smile
No, it's absolutely impossible for various reasons to get the clothes in time for AN.
Aww that sucks man. Unhappy its really unfortunate.
I'm cleaning my room right now, and I just pulled like half a pack of Puss in Boots playing cards out of a hole in my wall.
wtfff
(May. 13, 2009  9:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Pretty sure he's responding to me.

Hahaha, Oh welll, I didn't know that.
(May. 13, 2009  9:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: In order to make sure the items arrived for BWR in time, I had to remove the clothes from my shipment so it would be less likely to get caught in customs. So much for wearing fly new clothes to AN. Unhappy

No super sexy jacket Unhappy

Not cool
The papers this morning stated that by mid autumn, early winter, they suspect that 1/3 of the worlds population will have contracted swine flu... This is really getting scary.
(May. 13, 2009  4:45 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: The papers this morning stated that by mid autumn, early winter, they suspect that 1/3 of the worlds population will have contracted swine flu... This is really getting scary.

What paper is this? I seriously have doubts about the integrity of such a paper