Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jan. 22, 2023  1:00 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  12:03 AM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: You can still be the best at something and lose to others. Valt almost lost to Aiger in his first battle.

I Am going to have to agree with Darkus on that one being the best doesn't equal not being able to win a certain opponet, its not because he or she is weaker it can be a matter of compatibility & Match up but doesnt mean that he or she isnt stronger. In example would be lets say a Martian manhunter fights Firestorm but Firestorm comes out on top it wouldnt be because Firestorm is stronger but because martial manhunter has fire weakness (its in his head) or another one would superman fighting a human who's full armored with a kryptonite Suit his going to lose that fight but because his weaker but cause its a bad match up for him. That happens in fiction with alot of characters
I actually don't entirely disagree. The tag battle between Lui and Dante and Valt and Rantaro is a prime example. It made sense that Valt lost that given that Dragon destabilized Valtryek and left it wide open to Raid Upper. What I was pointing is to examine the context of the particulars of the battle. There are times though when it doesn't actually make sense for a character to lose a particular battle though. It's not always reasonable.
(Jan. 22, 2023  12:51 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  12:24 AM)g2_ Wrote: I guess you're right, but in Valt and Hyuga vs Free and Lui, Valt was the first to lost, while Hyuga beat them both

He didn't lose. He gave Hyuga a boost to knock them out. Without it, Hyuga wouldn't have been able to take them out.
Oh, then I guess Valt wins that one.
(Jan. 22, 2023  8:35 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  12:51 AM)Admiral W Wrote: He didn't lose. He gave Hyuga a boost to knock them out. Without it, Hyuga wouldn't have been able to take them out.
Oh, then I guess Valt wins that one.

Unless they face off against each other in a 1v1, Valt never really beat Lui. But we all know that Valt > Lui.
(Jan. 22, 2023  1:42 PM)Cath Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  8:35 AM)g2_ Wrote: Oh, then I guess Valt wins that one.

Unless they face off against each other in a 1v1, Valt never really beat Lui. But we all know that Valt > Lui.
He did, when he was with Hyuga. Hyperion knocked them out because Valkyrie gave him a boost.
(Jan. 22, 2023  2:30 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  1:42 PM)Cath Wrote: Unless they face off against each other in a 1v1, Valt never really beat Lui. But we all know that Valt > Lui.
He did, when he was with Hyuga. Hyperion knocked them out because Valkyrie gave him a boost.

That was still the power of Hyuga. Unless you think Hyuga is the weakest blader out there and was carried by every legendary blader, the whole boost thing is the same as the Lui and Drum vs Rantaro and Valt.
(Jan. 22, 2023  5:24 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  2:30 PM)g2_ Wrote: He did, when he was with Hyuga. Hyperion knocked them out because Valkyrie gave him a boost.

That was still the power of Hyuga. Unless you think Hyuga is the weakest blader out there and was carried by every legendary blader, the whole boost thing is the same as the Lui and Drum vs Rantaro and Valt.

That's not really accurate. Neither blader in Lui and Dante vs Valt and Rantaro got a boost. In the tag battle with Valt and Hyuga vs Free and Lui, Valt gave Hyuga a huge boost by having Valtryek launch Hyperion forward with insane force, without which Hyperion would not have been able to knock them out. The Hizashi bros success against the Legends mostly came from teamwork maneuvers. They for the most part weren't able to take on Blading Legends by themselves.
(Jan. 22, 2023  2:30 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  1:42 PM)Cath Wrote: Unless they face off against each other in a 1v1, Valt never really beat Lui. But we all know that Valt > Lui.

*1v1*
(Jan. 22, 2023  6:08 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  5:24 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: That was still the power of Hyuga. Unless you think Hyuga is the weakest blader out there and was carried by every legendary blader, the whole boost thing is the same as the Lui and Drum vs Rantaro and Valt.

That's not really accurate. Neither blader in Lui and Dante vs Valt and Rantaro got a boost. In the tag battle with Valt and Hyuga vs Free and Lui, Valt gave Hyuga a huge boost by having Valtryek launch Hyperion forward with insane force, without which Hyperion would not have been able to knock them out. The Hizashi bros success against the Legends mostly came from teamwork maneuvers. They for the most part weren't able to take on Blading Legends by themselves.

I don’t really want to argue about Valt beating Lui he has never done so in a 1 v 1. Has Valt beat Lui? No. Since you are using the excuse of Hyuga getting boosted by Valt, could Valt have beaten Lui and Free the same way without a boost?
Valt giving Hyuga the power boost to win the match doesnt give Valt a direct win against Lui thats a team win not a individual win so Valt still hasnt beat Lui an a 1 VS 1. And besides Hyuga is the one that would get the credit cause 1 its his bey that finish the job, 2 its his bey that still manage to handle the boost from Valkyrie. Hyuga could've mess up and both loses if this give Valt the indidual win against Lui Than shu also beat Lui in their tag match when shu accelarate The end Gimmick yo finish off both drum and Lui. Thats like saying Messi beat Buffon by giving Ronaldo the assit to make the goal it doesnt work thats way the one who would get the glory would Ronaldo cause his the one who put the ball in the back net he.  Being provide in opening Is called an assist not
(Jan. 22, 2023  6:49 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  6:08 PM)Admiral W Wrote: That's not really accurate. Neither blader in Lui and Dante vs Valt and Rantaro got a boost. In the tag battle with Valt and Hyuga vs Free and Lui, Valt gave Hyuga a huge boost by having Valtryek launch Hyperion forward with insane force, without which Hyperion would not have been able to knock them out. The Hizashi bros success against the Legends mostly came from teamwork maneuvers. They for the most part weren't able to take on Blading Legends by themselves.

I don’t really want to argue about Valt beating Lui he has never done so in a 1 v 1. Has Valt beat Lui? No. Since you are using the excuse of Hyuga getting boosted by Valt, could Valt have beaten Lui and Free the same way without a boost?
You mean 2v1 against Free and Lui obviously he will lose. Hyuga can't give Valt a boost because Hyperion doesn't have rubber parts.Valt beat Free and Lui because he gave Hyuga a boost. The only reason Valt didn't beat Lui is because 3 battles was Longinus debut. Lost Longinus beat Valkyrie in his debut, Nightmare Longinus too, and Bloody Longinus couldn't beat Valt in his debut. Valt already burst Longinus several times. Valt stomps Lui, the fact that he beat Free and Lui with a whimp like Hyuga, says a lot. Plus, Lane creamed Lui twice while Valt beat Lane.
(Jan. 22, 2023  7:37 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  6:49 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: I don’t really want to argue about Valt beating Lui he has never done so in a 1 v 1. Has Valt beat Lui? No. Since you are using the excuse of Hyuga getting boosted by Valt, could Valt have beaten Lui and Free the same way without a boost?
You mean 2v1 against Free and Lui obviously he will lose. Hyuga can't give Valt a boost because Hyperion doesn't have rubber parts.Valt beat Free and Lui because he gave Hyuga a boost. The only reason Valt didn't beat Lui is because 3 battles was Longinus debut. Lost Longinus beat Valkyrie in his debut, Nightmare Longinus too, and Bloody Longinus couldn't beat Valt in his debut. Valt already burst Longinus several times. Valt stomps Lui, the fact that he beat Free and Lui with a whimp like Hyuga, says a lot. Plus, Lane creamed Lui twice while Valt beat Lane.

Lane destroyed Valt and the other legends which makes him the best blader ever in your logic. He also did it AFTER his debut.
Sense we using the logic of Valt beating Lui and free cause he ws the one who give Hyuga the boost. Then no one should complain that if it wasnt for rantaro sacrife Valt wouldve lost to lain during their 2 VS 2 against shu and lain Sense assit now apprently means you win lol or ranjiro beat both Rantaro and Valt cause he give aiga that boost. Valt couldnt beat lain 1 VS 1 just like Lui so thats not a good example at all to determine whos better. Anyway its obvious Valt os stronger its that simple
(Jan. 22, 2023  6:49 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  6:08 PM)Admiral W Wrote: That's not really accurate. Neither blader in Lui and Dante vs Valt and Rantaro got a boost. In the tag battle with Valt and Hyuga vs Free and Lui, Valt gave Hyuga a huge boost by having Valtryek launch Hyperion forward with insane force, without which Hyperion would not have been able to knock them out. The Hizashi bros success against the Legends mostly came from teamwork maneuvers. They for the most part weren't able to take on Blading Legends by themselves.

If you'll notice, not once in any of my replies have I ever once said Valt has beaten Lui. I broke down the particulars of how the battle was won. Can he beat Lui? Of course. Valt's the strongest blader in the world. Has he beaten Lui 1v1? No. And I'm not disputing that.
(Jan. 22, 2023  10:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  6:49 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: I don’t really want to argue about Valt beating Lui he has never done so in a 1 v 1. Has Valt beat Lui? No. Since you are using the excuse of Hyuga getting boosted by Valt, could Valt have beaten Lui and Free the same way without a boost?

If you'll notice, not once in any of my replies have I ever once said Valt has beaten Lui. I broke down the particulars of how the battle was won. Can he beat Lui? Of course. Valt's the strongest blader in the world. Has he beaten Lui 1v1? No. And I'm not disputing that.

I wasn’t taking a shot at you. I just didn’t like the tag team case someone else made. I understood your case. I 100% agree he can beat Lui, but he hasn’t done so.
(Jan. 22, 2023  11:17 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  10:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote: If you'll notice, not once in any of my replies have I ever once said Valt has beaten Lui. I broke down the particulars of how the battle was won. Can he beat Lui? Of course. Valt's the strongest blader in the world. Has he beaten Lui 1v1? No. And I'm not disputing that.

I wasn’t taking a shot at you. I just didn’t like the tag team case someone else made. I understood your case. I 100% agree he can beat Lui, but he hasn’t done so.
Yes he did beat Lui, just not one on one. Im not even counting the times he burst Longinus alone.

(Jan. 22, 2023  10:13 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  7:37 PM)g2_ Wrote: You mean 2v1 against Free and Lui obviously he will lose. Hyuga can't give Valt a boost because Hyperion doesn't have rubber parts.Valt beat Free and Lui because he gave Hyuga a boost. The only reason Valt didn't beat Lui is because 3 battles was Longinus debut. Lost Longinus beat Valkyrie in his debut, Nightmare Longinus too, and Bloody Longinus couldn't beat Valt in his debut. Valt already burst Longinus several times. Valt stomps Lui, the fact that he beat Free and Lui with a whimp like Hyuga, says a lot. Plus, Lane creamed Lui twice while Valt beat Lane.

Lane destroyed Valt and the other legends which makes him the best blader ever in your logic. He also did it AFTER his debut.
No, Lane had plot armor. And Valt was wrecking Lane until he pulled that random bs Variant Disaster. And let's not act like Lane took on Valt and Rantaro alone, Shu helped him and he also tanked syncro lightning. The only reason Valt needed Rantaro to sacrifice himself, is because he needed to reserve stamina to beat Shu.

(Jan. 22, 2023  10:25 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: Sense we using the logic of Valt beating Lui and free cause he ws the one who give Hyuga the boost. Then no one should complain that if it wasnt for rantaro sacrife Valt wouldve lost to lain during their 2 VS 2 against shu and lain Sense assit now apprently means you win lol or ranjiro beat both Rantaro and Valt cause he give aiga that boost. Valt couldnt beat lain 1 VS 1 just like Lui so thats not a good example at all to determine whos better. Anyway its obvious Valt os stronger its that simple
Yes, Ranjiro beat Valt and Rantaro. The context is important, Ranjiro beat them because he gave Aiga a boost but yes, he did win. Valt beat Lui fair and square, just not one on one. Honestly Valt beating Lane and Shu with a teamate like Rantaro is much more impressive than beating Lane alone.
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:38 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  11:17 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: I wasn’t taking a shot at you. I just didn’t like the tag team case someone else made. I understood your case. I 100% agree he can beat Lui, but he hasn’t done so.
Yes he did beat Lui, just not one on one. Im not even counting the times he burst Longinus alone.

(Jan. 22, 2023  10:13 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Lane destroyed Valt and the other legends which makes him the best blader ever in your logic. He also did it AFTER his debut.
No, Lane had plot armor. And Valt was wrecking Lane until he pulled that random bs Variant Disaster. And let's not act like Lane took on Valt and Rantaro alone, Shu helped him and he also tanked syncro lightning. The only reason Valt needed Rantaro to sacrifice himself, is because he needed to reserve stamina to beat Shu.

Valt only burst Longinus twice lol. Also IMO I don't think Lane had plot armor. I feel like Variant Disaster is a trump card he had just in case he ever came into a situation where someone broke the barrier. And yeah it backfired 2 episodes later against the battle with Shu.
(Jan. 22, 2023  10:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote:

You gotta give it to him, beating Free and Lui with a rookie like Hyuga is much more impressive than just beating them solo.

(Jan. 23, 2023  10:46 AM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:38 AM)g2_ Wrote: Yes he did beat Lui, just not one on one. Im not even counting the times he burst Longinus alone.

Valt only burst Longinus twice lol. Also IMO I don't think Lane had plot armor. I feel like Variant Disaster is a trump card he had just in case he ever came into a situation where someone broke the barrier. And yeah it backfired 2 episodes later against the battle with Shu.
Lui battled Valt 3 times when it was Longinus debut, he was in a very big disadvantage. Ever since season 2 final, Valt was constantly much more impressive than Lui. And I don't understand your point, Shu also burst Longinus twice, Free burst him once, hell, even Aiga burst him twice. Valt still beat Lui and Free too, just not one on one, he did it with a rookie teamate, if you ask me, it's much more impressive than beating Lui one on one.
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:47 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2023  10:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote: If you'll notice, not once in any of my replies have I ever once said Valt has beaten Lui. I broke down the particulars of how the battle was won. Can he beat Lui? Of course. Valt's the strongest blader in the world. Has he beaten Lui 1v1? No. And I'm not disputing that.
You gotta give it to him, beating Free and Lui with a rookie like Hyuga is much more impressive than just beating them solo.

(Jan. 23, 2023  10:46 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: Valt only burst Longinus twice lol. Also IMO I don't think Lane had plot armor. I feel like Variant Disaster is a trump card he had just in case he ever came into a situation where someone broke the barrier. And yeah it backfired 2 episodes later against the battle with Shu.
Lui battled Valt 3 times when it was Longinus debut, he was in a very big disadvantage. Ever since season 2 final, Valt was constantly much more impressive than Lui. And I don't understand your point, Shu also burst Longinus twice, Free burst him once, hell, even Aiga burst him twice. Valt still beat Lui and Free too, just not one on one, he did it with a rookie teamate, if you ask me, it's much more impressive than beating Lui one on one.

Also Bell burst Lui twice as well.
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:56 AM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:47 AM)g2_ Wrote: You gotta give it to him, beating Free and Lui with a rookie like Hyuga is much more impressive than just beating them solo.

Also Bell burst Lui twice as well.
Yes, yes he has. And Lui burst him countless times, it doesn't really matter, context is very important.
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:57 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:56 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: Also Bell burst Lui twice as well.
Yes, yes he has. And Lui burst him countless times, it doesn't really matter, context is very important.

Bursts against Lui: 

Lane: 2 bursts
Valt: 2 bursts
Shu: 2 bursts
Bell: 2 bursts
Free: 1 burst
Aiga: 1 burst
Hikaru: 1 burst
Hyuga: 1 burst
(Jan. 23, 2023  11:03 AM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:57 AM)g2_ Wrote: Yes, yes he has. And Lui burst him countless times, it doesn't really matter, context is very important.

Bursts against Lui: 

Aiga burst him twice, I'm counting the draw.
(Jan. 23, 2023  11:21 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2023  11:03 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: Bursts against Lui: 

Aiga burst him twice, I'm counting the draw.

I'm not counting that. Tiebreakers don't count imo but if you want to add it then that is okay. Also, if that logic is valid then wouldn't that mean Free burst Longinus 69 times in God?
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:47 AM)g2_ Wrote:

(Jan. 23, 2023  10:46 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: Valt only burst Longinus twice lol. Also IMO I don't think Lane had plot armor. I feel like Variant Disaster is a trump card he had just in case he ever came into a situation where someone broke the barrier. And yeah it backfired 2 episodes later against the battle with Shu.

Valt is one of my favorite characters, but I think we should stop the whole Burst thing. Valt bursted way more than Lui throughout his 6 seasons of burst.
(Jan. 23, 2023  12:29 PM)Achilles25 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2023  11:21 AM)g2_ Wrote: Aiga burst him twice, I'm counting the draw.

I'm not counting that. Tiebreakers don't count imo but if you want to add it then that is okay. Also, if that logic is valid then wouldn't that mean Free burst Longinus 69 times in God?
I mean, of course. He didn't win a burst finish, but he burst him. Also, why 69, Bruh? 🤯🤯🤯

(Jan. 23, 2023  12:39 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2023  10:47 AM)g2_ Wrote: You gotta give it to him, beating Free and Lui with a rookie like Hyuga is much more impressive than just beating them solo.

Valt is one of my favorite characters, but I think we should stop the whole Burst thing. Valt bursted way more than Lui throughout his 6 seasons of burst. 
Obviously because he was the main character he would face more defeats, so was Aiga, Drum, Twins, and Bell.
(Jan. 23, 2023  1:09 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2023  12:29 PM)Achilles25 Wrote: I'm not counting that. Tiebreakers don't count imo but if you want to add it then that is okay. Also, if that logic is valid then wouldn't that mean Free burst Longinus 69 times in God?
I mean, of course. He didn't win a burst finish, but he burst him. Also, why 69, Bruh? 🤯🤯🤯

(Jan. 23, 2023  12:39 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Valt is one of my favorite characters, but I think we should stop the whole Burst thing. Valt bursted way more than Lui throughout his 6 seasons of burst. 
Obviously because he was the main character he would face more defeats, so was Aiga, Drum, Twins, and Bell.

Even excluding his protag seasons, he has still burst more than Lui.