Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Brooklyn is my favorite villain of all time, honestly
(Sep. 15, 2019  11:27 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Brooklyn is my favorite villain of all time, honestly

Probably mine too
(Sep. 15, 2019  11:27 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Brooklyn is my favorite villain of all time, honestly

I like him, I really do. But personally I think Zeo from G-force/2002 is my favorite with Zeo from Metal Masters coming in a close second. In third would be Lui/Ryuga.
What do you guys think of the connection between Delta and Diaboros: healthy, toxic, manipulative? Any speculations?
(Sep. 17, 2019  2:52 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: What do you guys think of the connection between Delta and Diaboros: healthy, toxic, manipulative? Any speculations?

irdk, it just seems that Delta is projecting his warfreak/bloodlust through Diabolos, as some sort of justification to be a jerk/show-off during battles. He just proves the fact that you go bad when your focus/goal is not socially in line with your means (it all started with Shu, then Aiga, then now Delta)
I was thinking about it and I don't hate Agia but I also don't like him, same with the whole Cho-Z Series
Just a thought. I feel like there should be more female bladers. Like Nkia with Nepstrius and Kris with Khalzar. But I'll know that'll never happen. Because.
You know what’s been so interesting imo? Chozetsu and GT are the most hated of the Burst seasons (from what I’ve seen), but oddly enough, some people who hated season 3 but like season 4 are appalled by how split GT is. Its gotten so weird that those who like it keep asking why those that don’t are judging GT’s characters and plot when the same people did the same thing with season 3 and every beyblade season in general. Then again if you like or dislike a show, you’re judging it based on how much you like/it so either way, its ironic, but do you.

This isn’t a Chozetsu or GT debate (imo GT has been enjoyable to me overall), its just really interesting to witness. Though this isn’t like a large majority of people, most beyblade fans I talk to outside of who are dub watchers are enjoying season 3 so good for them. I mean, at the end of the day, don’t take shows (or fictional media in general) too personally, especially Beyblade but just talk it out and have fun.

Oh yeah, and Drum (Dante in this case) VA is confirmed to be Erika Harlacher. She’s such a good VA.
(Oct. 03, 2019  2:57 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: You know what’s been so interesting imo? Chozetsu and GT are the most hated of the Burst seasons (from what I’ve seen), but oddly enough, some people who hated season 3 but like season 4 are appalled by how split GT is. Its gotten so weird that those who like it keep asking why those that don’t are judging GT’s characters and plot when the same people did the same thing with season 3 and every beyblade season in general. Then again if you like or dislike a show, you’re judging it based on how much you like/it so either way, its ironic, but do you.

This isn’t a Chozetsu or GT debate (imo GT has been enjoyable to me overall), its just really interesting to witness. Though this isn’t like a large majority of people, most beyblade fans I talk to outside of who are dub watchers are enjoying season 3 so good for them. I mean, at the end of the day, don’t take shows (or fictional media in general) too personally, especially Beyblade but just talk it out and have fun.

Oh yeah, and Drum (Dante in this case) VA is confirmed to be Erika Harlacher. She’s such a good VA.

I actually need to catch up on GT. Cho-z and GT are like night and day. One is dark, the other is light-hearted.
(Oct. 03, 2019  2:57 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: You know what’s been so interesting imo? Chozetsu and GT are the most hated of the Burst seasons (from what I’ve seen), but oddly enough, some people who hated season 3 but like season 4 are appalled by how split GT is. Its gotten so weird that those who like it keep asking why those that don’t are judging GT’s characters and plot when the same people did the same thing with season 3 and every beyblade season in general. Then again if you like or dislike a show, you’re judging it based on how much you like/it so either way, its ironic, but do you.

"Then again if you like or dislike a show, you're judging it based on how much you like it", how is that ironic? Of course people are going to judge how much they like or dislike a show by... how much they like or dislike the show... that's having personal tastes (there's usually reasons why they may think that way or not), it's completely subjective, not objective.

While Chouzetsu does feel split just like GT (assuming you mean how it changes a lot of cast members), you have to understand that in GT, some of the more popular characters are absent, such as Free, Lui and Shu, which might explain why people are easier on Chouzetsu feeling split and harder on Gachi.

While yeah, I agree that people shouldn't take fictional shows too seriously, people are allowed to be critical of it should they choose to, once again that's people expressing their personal opinions, which they have the right to. This just seems like it's following the stigma that "It's just for kids, and therefore people can't be critical over or dislike". It just seems like a weak defense to deflect criticisms of shows or movies should people have any.
(Oct. 03, 2019  2:57 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: You know what’s been so interesting imo? Chozetsu and GT are the most hated of the Burst seasons (from what I’ve seen), but oddly enough, some people who hated season 3 but like season 4 are appalled by how split GT is. Its gotten so weird that those who like it keep asking why those that don’t are judging GT’s characters and plot when the same people did the same thing with season 3 and every beyblade season in general. Then again if you like or dislike a show, you’re judging it based on how much you like/it so either way, its ironic, but do you.

So you're actively belittling anyone who doesn't like GT so far? That's good to know... Look, I respect you and whatever opinions you hold but this seems very condescending IMO, so I'm going to go ahead and respond to all the points you've made.

And I know some Burst fans have told detractors that "If you don't like it, don't watch it" and yeah, that's a fair point. At one point, I did want to take a break from watching it but then I realised how will people form an opinion without watching the whole season (though of course, there are exceptions to this) which is why I still watch GT despite having a very meh reaction so far It's not finished yet and it could become decent later on. That and because I am a fan of the Burst franchise.
(Oct. 03, 2019  9:01 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

So you're actively belittling anyone who doesn't like GT so far? That's good to know... Look, I respect you and whatever opinions you hold but this seems very condescending IMO, so I'm going to go ahead and respond to all the points you've made.

And I know some Burst fans have told detractors that "If you don't like it, don't watch it" and yeah, that's a fair point. At one point, I did want to take a break from watching it but then I realised how will people form an opinion without watching the whole season (though of course, there are exceptions to this) which is why I still watch GT despite having a very meh reaction so far It's not finished yet and it could become decent later on. That and because I am a fan of the Burst franchise.

No of course not, who would go out of their way to say bad stuff about anyone just cuz they like something they don’t? They told me that they like GT, then saw people who hate GT, and then got mad at those people who hate it. So I asked when what they thought of ChoZ and they said they hated it so much and asked how anyone could like it. Yeah, never force yourself to do something to appease people, its just up to you.

Basically your reaction was basically what I was going to tell them (its okay if others don’t like it, just don’t judge or say rude things people to based on that) but I chose not to cuz I didn’t want to start an argument. It wasn’t anyone here, its been a few people from different sites and such.

Sorry, I probably should’ve worded that better.
(Sep. 07, 2019  11:40 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: Pot Hope is only good and considered "Heaven's child) because he got a GT Bey (which is kinda OP in the anime due to that lock reversal gimmick).

Blind is rich but also a dumb character unfitting for Dread Bahamut.

We really need more older characters to return from Season 1 to save GT series (or at least grace us with GT versions of Deathscyther, Kerbeus, Ragnaruk, Xcalibur, Zeus, Odin, Jormugand, Wyvern, Anubis, etc). I really don't care if they will just recycle teeth from the existing GT Chips, but I really want to see more of the older Dual Layers get their own revival release. It's like TT has just given up on innovating and improving their designs and just went with FTISSMC (f*** that innovation s***, sell more carp) with their budget.

Not really sure how GT story would pan out, but hopefully it is something better and it should happen soon, cuz the only things that help me cling to the series are the recurring characters from the previous series.
Previous characters wouldn’t be as special if they returned every season. They would only give cameos to popular characters anyways similarly how they give evolutions to the popular beys. I would want a GT Deathscyther and Wyvern though.
(Oct. 03, 2019  1:03 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2019  9:01 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: So you're actively belittling anyone who doesn't like GT so far? That's good to know... Look, I respect you and whatever opinions you hold but this seems very condescending IMO, so I'm going to go ahead and respond to all the points you've made.

No of course not, who would go out of their way to say bad stuff about anyone just cuz they like something they don’t? They told me that they like GT, then saw people who hate GT, and then got mad at those people who hate it. So I asked when what they thought of ChoZ and they said they hated it so much and asked how anyone could like it. Yeah, never force yourself to do something to appease people, its just up to you.

Basically your reaction was basically what I was going to tell them (its okay if others don’t like it, just don’t judge or say rude things people to based on that) but I chose not to cuz I didn’t want to start an argument. It wasn’t anyone here, its been a few people from different sites and such.

Sorry, I probably should’ve worded that better.

Ah right, thanks for clearing things up. My apologies for the confusion and misunderstanding then, I must've read it wrong.

But yeah, it's good to respect other people if they like something you don't or vice versa.

Even though I've been very critical about GT, I'm not going to write it off as a mediocre season yet until the season is finished and there are some positives for the season like the nice animation, cool battles, the light-hearted tone and Fumiya (my favourite GT character so far) just to name a few. Plus, I think marutti said that we might be getting more focus on Amane, which I do hope because there seems to be something that's building up based on the Heaven Castle arc.
I wish that the Burst Avatars appeared more. It sucks that they only appear in special moves.
Also I’m trying to finish G-Revolution rn, should I watch V-Force after that? I heard pretty mixed things about it. (Maybe I’ll watch Metal Fury instead. lel)

Also can I post my Beyblade fanart here? Or would it be self promotion(couldn’t find the right word)?
(Sep. 20, 2019  3:11 AM)DreamBlade Wrote: Just a thought. I feel like there should be more female bladers. Like Nkia with Nepstrius and Kris with Khalzar. But I'll know that'll never happen. Because.

I agree with you. I also wanna see some more female bladders but that's true. It won't happen! :-(
(Oct. 04, 2019  6:21 PM)faaaafnir Wrote:
Also can I post my Beyblade fanart here? Or would it be self promotion(couldn’t find the right word)?

p sure you can. You can make your own thread to show art, or find an existing one (if any). Im always up to see fanart of the characters!
(Oct. 04, 2019  11:21 PM)beyguy99 Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2019  3:11 AM)DreamBlade Wrote: Just a thought. I feel like there should be more female bladers. Like Nkia with Nepstrius and Kris with Khalzar. But I'll know that'll never happen. Because.

I agree with you. I also wanna see some more female bladders but that's true. It won't happen! :-(

It just feels like the Burst writers need to go, “what’s the worst that can happen” and just go for it. They wrote Sasha pretty well/decently (depending on you who ask in case) for a supporting character/non-important blader. She’s not even part of the core 16. Sasha got more to do and better development than some bladers in her own season, came before, and after.
Plus, they don’t have to do a spinoff manga where its all girls like the Beyblade Battle Saint Lolita (though the plot for that sounds kinda interesting), just write for females and give them beys. Don’t make all of them jobbers (and if one has to be a jobber, give character development like Wakiya in God because wins/loss don’t necessarily make you a great character).
And they don’t really have to worry about catering to the female demographic. Put Shu and Zac in the same episode, have them do what they do best and everyone will be squealing.
Hey, two very odd questions:
1. If you were writing a Beyblade Burst fanfiction and you were making several OCs, would you keep the same first name as name of the bey rule or would you ignore it?
2. Which beyblade character do you primarily associate with the color black?
(Oct. 04, 2019  6:21 PM)faaaafnir Wrote: I wish that the Burst Avatars appeared more. It sucks that they only appear in special moves.
Also I’m trying to finish G-Revolution rn, should I watch V-Force after that? I heard pretty mixed things about it. (Maybe I’ll watch Metal Fury instead. lel)

I disagree. In the other Beyblade seasons the avatars appeared a lot. That took away from the actual Beyblade battle itself and made it feel more like Pokemon. I came here to watch tops battle, not beasts.
I got my copy of Volume 13 yesterday.  I’ll share some tidbits as I’m reading it.

[Image: IMG-2388.jpg]

Evel Oxford’s role in the manga is quite different from what we saw in the anime.  He does not appear to work for Hearts or have any affiliation with him.  He visits Beigoma Academy one day looking for a battle with Aiga.  Before the match, he glances around and says, “So this is what they call a ‘school’? I have never been to one.”   It’s implied that he was homeschooled and grew up very isolated.  Aiga gets an idea for how to defeat Egis’ suction cup driver from earlier horseplay with a toilet plunger.  Evel admits that one can learn some useful things from school.  Though he’s been handed a crushing defeat, he leaves with a humble smile, wishing Aiga luck in the title match.  

It is common for foreigners and expats raising families in Japan to homeschool their kids, and with a surname like “Oxford,” this may be the case with Evel.
(Oct. 11, 2019  1:51 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Hey, two very odd questions:
1. If you were writing a Beyblade Burst fanfiction and you were making several OCs, would you keep the same first name as name of the bey rule or would you ignore it?
2. Which beyblade character do you primarily associate with the color black?

1) If ya wanna be generic and follow the rules/patterns of Burst, then go for it. If you wanted to make a unique character — such as a character who wants to be like Valt one day — then feel free to ignore the Bey name rule!

2) Im not quite sure. There have been purples and stuff, but I feel like black is pure edge, you know?
According to Japanese users on twitter, Gwynn's VA is Sumire Morohoshi. She voiced Maru from Beyblade Zero-G/Shogun Steel.

Also, Gwynn's full name might be "Gwynn Ronny"?

https://twitter.com/ah_nub_onero/status/...32550?s=19
Maybe something about Gwynn?

https://translate.google.com.au/#view=ho...けになるかもしれんな
The most popular anatoganists of each seasons all have white hair.
(I am talking about Kai, Ryuga, Sakyo(? Was this his name?) and Shu and mmmmaybe Phi)

Also I just remembered Beywarriors Cyborg exists. Did anyone watch it? If so, how was it? The artstyle actually looks nice(better than MFB’s artstyle IMO) compared to Beywarriors Raiders.