Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Aug. 21, 2019  4:07 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Anyone wonder how someone like Hyde/hearts managed to pay for, imagine, and actually build the dread tower

Well he is royalty. Maybe brought equipment similar to that of the Snake Pit?

(Aug. 21, 2019  4:13 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Ha nice answer

Also valt really stinks how did he get this far with barely anything

Not sure what you mean by barely anything. That's a bit unfair to Valt though, he trained pretty hard (he was better than Shu before the start of the show) through the show, had a lot of good friends and rivals to push/help him improve, and got back up after some slumps. Really the only problem I have was the inconsistencies with his Awakening taking over 30 episodes from Sword Flames all the way till his battle with Quon, but otherwise, I think he's a contender for one of the better Beyblade protagonists.

If you hate him, that's fine, its your opinion, no one's gonna judge you anyways.
So I recently looked into Sisco’s dub name Silas and it turns out that Silas was a Early Christian leader in biblical history which is kind of ironic considering Silas’ bey Satomb.
(Aug. 22, 2019  1:01 PM)Tommykats Wrote: So I recently looked into Sisco’s dub name Silas and it turns out that Silas was a Early Christian leader in biblical history which is kind of ironic considering Silas’ bey Satomb.

Intended, I guess. Nice “easter egg” though!

I wrote a post about Laban but the page refreshed.
Here’s the TL;DR: Laban couldn’t use his powers at all, he just played Jenga
(Aug. 22, 2019  5:35 PM)faaaafnir Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2019  1:01 PM)Tommykats Wrote: So I recently looked into Sisco’s dub name Silas and it turns out that Silas was a Early Christian leader in biblical history which is kind of ironic considering Silas’ bey Satomb.

Intended, I guess. Nice “easter egg” though!

I see it more like a meaningful name the dubbers gave him. The term easter egg usually refers to hidden references to popular works or “for fun” type of things that viewers can spot out. Its also for inside jokes between employees of a company (hence why Google planned so many easter eggs; they were goofing around)

It also kinda fits since Silas legitimately grew to be a leader (or at least a decent second in command) and was responsible for BC Sol winning the finals. The old him would've just quit or just use the team as an excuse to get to Free.
Johnny from the original series looks a lot like Gingka
How come in the last battle of Phi vs Aiga Phi aura turned to a rainbow color. This has been on my mind since the first time.
(Aug. 23, 2019  6:14 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: How come in the last battle of Phi vs Aiga Phi aura turned to a rainbow color. This has been on my mind since the first time.
Either that was a hit to Phi's true resonance when he's not relying on the dark resonance, or the animators had way too much fun working on episode 50. Or it could be a reference to the colored wings Phi has. IDK, its weird.
(Aug. 23, 2019  7:16 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2019  6:14 AM)Achilles25 Wrote: How come in the last battle of Phi vs Aiga Phi aura turned to a rainbow color. This has been on my mind since the first time.
Either that was a hit to Phi's true resonance when he's not relying on the dark resonance, or the animators had way too much fun working on episode 50. Or it could be a reference to the colored wings Phi has. IDK, its weird.

Thanks man.
One thing I thought was a completely missed opportunity was making a series where Tokonatsu/Toko is one of the main characters (or at least the Fubuki of the series) after he was assigned as the new leader of the BeyClub for good in Episode 42 of Super-Z/Turbo.

Whilst I wasn't big on him in the first two seasons, I really liked his character in Super-Z and wished they had more focus on him trying to live up to his brother Valt in GT. That would've also given us a new Trident which would've been a huge bonus.
(Aug. 25, 2019  7:37 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: One thing I thought was a completely missed opportunity was making a series where Tokonatsu/Toko is one of the main characters (or at least the Fubuki of the series) after he was assigned as the new leader of the BeyClub for good in Episode 42 of Super-Z/Turbo.

Whilst I wasn't big on him in the first two seasons, I really liked his character in Super-Z and wished they had more focus on him trying to live up to his brother Valt in GT. That would've also given us a new Trident which would've been a huge bonus.
I really don’t know if i would have traded Air Knight for a Gt Trident Cause that means we wouldn’t have gotten kit even tho i love both their characters and really wanted to see toko be more than he was
(Aug. 25, 2019  9:47 AM)Requim Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2019  7:37 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: One thing I thought was a completely missed opportunity was making a series where Tokonatsu/Toko is one of the main characters (or at least the Fubuki of the series) after he was assigned as the new leader of the BeyClub for good in Episode 42 of Super-Z/Turbo.

I really don’t know if i would have traded Air Knight for a Gt Trident Cause that means we wouldn’t have gotten kit even tho i love both their characters and really wanted to see toko be more than he was

I mean I wanted Toko to be one of the main characters in GT, not Super-Z.
(Aug. 25, 2019  10:35 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2019  9:47 AM)Requim Wrote: I really don’t know if i would have traded Air Knight for a Gt Trident Cause that means we wouldn’t have gotten kit even tho i love both their characters and really wanted to see toko be more than he was

I mean I wanted Toko to be one of the main characters in GT, not Super-Z.
We got 4 beys left in the main lineup to be announced. Would it also be fine if Toko got another bey that just so happened to start with the letter T? He could act show up in the story similar to Kitt and work out pretty well.
Weird and stupid flex: the background/minor characters in Burst so far are so enjoyable.

Season 1: Idkw, but for some reason Haruto and Kyoji keep popping into my head. Even the rest of the Rideout's crew were pretty fun to watch especially dealing with a second in command in their team as Lui. Between Wakiya's lackeys, the other minor teams, the only really minor character I didn't like was Shin Komazaki. They hyped him up to be like the Dickenson of Burst but after episode 1 its like he never existed.

God: Not talking about the B tier members like Sasha and Rick, they're supporting (love them), but all the others members of BC Sol. There's at least 10 to 20 of them, and despite Free leaving and the massive losing streak against Daina, they stayed with the team longer than Jango and Stan ever did. In a normal anime, they would've just bolted but they're still there.

Choz: The Rebel Bey Club. They were there for the jokes, but they were still pretty damn funny. Helps they cared about Ranjiro more than the writers did. Seriously surprised that by the final arc they just didn't rejoin the BeyClub since by that point, everyone in the school were basically a Beigoma united front lol.

Plus the moms, between Valt's, Ken's, Aiga's and Kitt's, Burst just has great parents overall. Seriously, the last time there was a mom pre Burst, they were either dead or MIA. At least the original trilogy had Judy and Daichi's mom.
(Aug. 28, 2019  1:29 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Weird and stupid flex: the background/minor characters in Burst so far are so enjoyable.

Season 1: Idkw, but for some reason Haruto and Kyoji keep popping into my head. Even the rest of the Rideout's crew were pretty fun to watch especially dealing with a second in command in their team as Lui. Between Wakiya's lackeys, the other minor teams, the only really minor character I didn't like was Shin Komazaki. They hyped him up to be like the Dickenson of Burst but after episode 1 its like he never existed.

God: Not talking about the B tier members like Sasha and Rick, they're supporting (love them), but all the  others members of BC Sol. There's  at least 10 to 20 of them, and despite Free leaving and the massive losing streak against Daina, they stayed with the team longer than Jango and Stan ever did. In a normal anime, they would've just bolted but they're still there.

Choz: The Rebel Bey Club. They were there for the jokes, but they were still pretty damn funny. Helps they cared about Ranjiro more than the writers did. Seriously surprised that by the final arc they just didn't rejoin the BeyClub since by that point, everyone in the school were basically a Beigoma united front lol.

Plus the moms, between Valt's, Ken's, Aiga's and Kitt's, Burst just has great parents overall. Seriously, the last time there was a mom pre Burst, they were either dead or MIA. At least the original trilogy had Judy and Daichi's mom.

Interesting. My main gripe on Burst is that they continue to shun female characters as weak ones. Can't we have a fanservice at least for the guys to have an attractive yet strong female lead? I mean, in other anime they have MASSIVE HUGE BOUN- (ehem) fanservice that kept the people come back for more. Burst God and Chouzetsu already had a darker theme, so why not add some fanservice on GT (which seemed to only rehash the darkness plot from the two): Shu --> Aiga/Phi/Hearts/ --> Delta
(Aug. 28, 2019  1:52 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2019  1:29 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Weird and stupid flex: the background/minor characters in Burst so far are so enjoyable.

God: Not talking about the B tier members like Sasha and Rick, they're supporting (love them), but all the  others members of BC Sol. There's  at least 10 to 20 of them, and despite Free leaving and the massive losing streak against Daina, they stayed with the team longer than Jango and Stan ever did. In a normal anime, they would've just bolted but they're still there.

Interesting. My main gripe on Burst is that they continue to shun female characters as weak ones. Can't we have a fanservice at least for the guys to have an attractive yet strong female lead? I mean, in other anime they have MASSIVE HUGE BOUN- (ehem) fanservice that kept the people come back for more. Burst God and Chouzetsu already had a darker theme, so why not add some fanservice on GT (which seemed to only rehash the darkness plot from the two): Shu --> Aiga/Phi/Hearts/ --> Delta

Forgot two things: Don't even hate Zac's fangirls, they know to support an underrated and amazing person like Zac. And Pot's trainees are pretty damn funny for what he puts them through.

I mean it is a kids show at the end of the day. I just want female bladers who are just as well written as everyone else. Plus if you really want female fanservice, just watch Valkyire winning every intense battle its in lol. That being said, having female characters exist for the sake of fanservice is tasteless: people like characters with personality, depth, fun dynamics, and intrigue, just having it is basically an excuse to only see them for nothing more then their body when we're supposed to be interested in them as a person. For example, Xhaka has a six pack but he earned that through hard core training and exercise, showing that his physical power is great, but he's the type to put effort to be a better blader. And people like Sasha since she's nice person in a sea of judgmental hypocrites who supports her team and friends and is willing to get stronger even if she's outmatched. Making a female character's chest big adds little.
(Aug. 28, 2019  2:30 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2019  1:52 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Interesting. My main gripe on Burst is that they continue to shun female characters as weak ones. Can't we have a fanservice at least for the guys to have an attractive yet strong female lead? I mean, in other anime they have MASSIVE HUGE BOUN- (ehem) fanservice that kept the people come back for more. Burst God and Chouzetsu already had a darker theme, so why not add some fanservice on GT (which seemed to only rehash the darkness plot from the two): Shu --> Aiga/Phi/Hearts/ --> Delta

Forgot two things: Don't even hate Zac's fangirls, they know to support an underrated and amazing person like Zac. And Pot's trainees are pretty damn funny for what he puts them through.

I mean it is a kids show at the end of the day. I just want female bladers who are just as well written as everyone else. Plus if you really want female fanservice, just watch Valkyire winning every intense battle its in lol. That being said, having female characters exist for the sake of fanservice is tasteless: people like characters with personality, depth, fun dynamics, and intrigue, just having it is basically an excuse to only see them for nothing more then their body when we're supposed to be interested in them as a person. For example, Xhaka has a six pack but he earned that through hard core training and exercise, showing that his physical power is great, but he's the type to put effort to be a better blader. And people like Sasha since she's nice person in a sea of judgmental hypocrites who supports her team and friends and is willing to get stronger even if she's outmatched. Making a female character's chest big adds little.

Good and valid points. I guess I really can't expect much from a kid's anime, but y'know, anime ti-*shot*

In all seriousness, I could've appreciated Chouzetsu and GT (add God while we're at it) if they had at least one female lead support (those who actually would get a Beyblade release too) that can stand against numerous male Bladers. We only see the females in each series "fight" but not necessarily showcase anything rad. Nika, Sasha, and Ichika were all given carp Beys with carp combos (so how would they even win against a carp stock say, Blast Jinnius), heck, they fight the current Layer System with an outdated Layer System. I'm not sure if you even understand what I mean, but basically everything on the Burst seasons scream "patriarchy" and don't really give the female population a bite of the cake. 

In reality, tournaments garner a handful of female Bladers at least, but the anime and manga (probably, since I can't really read Japanese stuff for now) only put the gals either as bench warmers or spectators or cannon fodder.
How old are the characters at this point shu looks like an adult?
(Aug. 28, 2019  9:16 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: How old are the characters at this point shu looks like an adult?
Allegedly all the main bladers are either preteens or teens. Right now Valt should be 14. And don't ask how Wakiya and Shu are able to afford to own national bey clubs at the age of 14/15 lol.
(Aug. 28, 2019  9:16 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: How old are the characters at this point shu looks like an adult?
Shu is 14 in GT.

Beyblade Burst and Beyblade Burst God Bladers are at least 16 years old because Valt join to senior tournament in 1st chapter and senior tournament is over 16 years old.
(Aug. 28, 2019  9:44 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
Allegedly all the main bladers are either preteens or teens. Right now Valt should be 14. And don't ask how Wakiya and Shu are able to afford to own national bey clubs at the age of 14/15 lol.

Well wakiya makes sense after all his rich . So he just ask daddy to buy him a natonal bey club . Shu is the one  that's mysterious they only reason can think of Is wakiya again bought the bulls and just give it to shu are alexander gilten give it to him. This is the reason why I wanted a side Story from the manga on when and how he got the new York bulls cause the last time we saw shu he was back to japan and training so when did he go back to the bulls and live in America something happen during the 2 years gap between the end of God and the star of cho z that would involve shu with gilten and the snake pit thing that result on him being the new owner/manager of the bulls. I was also curious to when and what made built cho z spriggan cause it kind of look he had a cho z awakening system before valt made his but we want get those answers anymore.
I actually dont understand the Shu getting a Beyclub thing too. I mean, its America and someone young like Shu can even GET AN OFFICIAL JOB? Either my brain is fried from school or Im missing something
(Aug. 30, 2019  1:51 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I actually dont understand the Shu getting a Beyclub thing too. I mean, its America and someone young like Shu can even GET AN OFFICIAL JOB? Either my brain is fried from school or Im missing something

If I remember correctly, Shu's parents were like laboratory people, so they must be raking in money. Shu became a Spin Emperor in Burst Dual Layer System season, and that probably garnered him enough reputation to go overseas in God, and eventually through his fight against Valt he was able to probably gain enough fame and fortune to lead his own Beyclub as a profession (probably like a coach/club owner in sports).

I'm basing just on the anime, if you can see, so things may have panned out differently in the manga (which I don't have access to)
(Aug. 30, 2019  1:56 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Aug. 30, 2019  1:51 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I actually dont understand the Shu getting a Beyclub thing too. I mean, its America and someone young like Shu can even GET AN OFFICIAL JOB? Either my brain is fried from school or Im missing something

If I remember correctly, Shu's parents were like laboratory people, so they must be raking in money. Shu became a Spin Emperor in Burst Dual Layer System season, and that probably garnered him enough reputation to go overseas in God, and eventually through his fight against Valt he was able to probably gain enough fame and fortune to lead his own Beyclub as a profession (probably like a coach/club owner in sports).

I'm basing just on the anime, if you can see, so things may have panned out differently in the manga (which I don't have access to)

don't think about it too hard. It is a cartoon.