Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:53 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:50 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I can't wait for the Legends Festival!
Same here. You know what I’m hoping for that I think you may also be hoping for? A tournament like  the god bladers cup where all the bladers in a particular group battle one another to decide who moves on to the semis and finals. In my opinion it’s a lot more entertaining and fun than an elimination tournament.

Agreed. You get to see a lot more with a round robin style tournament.
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:53 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:50 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I can't wait for the Legends Festival!
Same here. You know what I’m hoping for that I think you may also be hoping for? A tournament like  the god bladers cup where all the bladers in a particular group battle one another to decide who moves on to the semis and finals. In my opinion it’s a lot more entertaining and fun than an elimination tournament.
Yeah tho considering it might be the last arc to close things up
(Jun. 02, 2009  2:56 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: *May contain Spoilers*

Seemed appropriate to make this here. I didn't really want to make a new thread just for V-Force and there was no where else appropriate to put random thoughts regarding the anime and manga. Well anyway, straight to the point.

I'm taking screenshots of V-Force for BeyUK. Sitting through 15 episodes is plain torture! I'm taking screens from the Italian version. The music stinks, the animation is sucky. I'm mean this is just dreadful. By far the worst season out of the three.

The only goo thing that has come out of the V-Force season was the bigger involvement of the Bit Beasts and having the Bit Beasts appear as solid creatures rather than clear beings. Seeing the bit beasts battle it out as well as the blades was great!

I absolutely agree with u lol.
(Jul. 05, 2020  11:14 PM)Yalldodo Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2009  2:56 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:

I absolutely agree with u lol.

I'm gonna have to agree too unfortunately, V-Force is by far the worst season of the original trilogy and in my opinion, one of the worst seasons of any Beyblade seasons. Whilst Zero-G is technically worse due to its mediocre writing and poor character balance, that season's biggest crime for me was that it was just a boring and average season, whether V-Force was more frustrating in my opinion which is why I dislike V-Force more.

A lot of people consider the first Beyblade season the weakest of the trilogy, due to the poor animation, simplistic plot and cheesiness, but at least it was entertaining and had a lot of fun moments.

To me, V-Force is a very problematic season personally. To sum it up, when it's good, it's good, but when it's bad, it's absolutely painful. And I won't even get to how V-Force contains what I think is the entire Beyblade franchise's absolute worst episode, because I've talked about that episode so many times already
As I'm thinking about Rise/GT, I would have preferred a different ending.
printing out and mailing this to ADK Emotions (Sunrights) which deals with all the licensing advertising, and pretty much everything to do with beyblade outside of JP. Prob wont work but I'll give it a shot.
[Image: HHiI0xk.jpg]

(Jul. 06, 2020  2:22 AM)Admiral W Wrote: As I'm thinking about Rise/GT, I would have preferred a different ending.

a completely different arc for the ending, or a different outcome for WBBA vs HELL?
(Jul. 07, 2020  12:42 AM)snoc Wrote: printing out and mailing this to ADK Emotions (Sunrights) which deals with all the licensing advertising, and pretty much everything to do with beyblade outside of JP. Prob wont work but I'll give it a shot.
[Image: HHiI0xk.jpg]

(Jul. 06, 2020  2:22 AM)Admiral W Wrote: As I'm thinking about Rise/GT, I would have preferred a different ending.

a completely different arc for the ending, or a different outcome for WBBA vs HELL?

Just the last battle really. Would have preferred it if it had been Delta vs Dante with Dante finally overcoming his rival. Then they could have had that battle between him Valt and Aiger at the end.
I wisely liked to see valt and Aiga used more. Woulda been cool to see valt step in and battle gwyn or arthur
In case anyone wondering, there's nothing interesting in the code for the secret renders (Lane and Shu)

Google translate sucks for translating things, but the tweet says opening and wallpaper. I get the wallpaper part, but what do they mean by Opening?
(Jul. 07, 2020  3:45 PM)snoc Wrote: In case anyone wondering, there's nothing interesting in the code for the secret renders (Lane and Shu)

Google translate sucks for translating things, but the tweet says opening and wallpaper. I get the wallpaper part, but what do they mean by Opening?
Sparking revolution opening from what I assume
(Jul. 07, 2020  4:13 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2020  3:45 PM)snoc Wrote: In case anyone wondering, there's nothing interesting in the code for the secret renders (Lane and Shu)

Sparking revolution opening from what I assume

Thats what I thought too, but we already got V2 like a few days ago......maybe a sneak peak of a Shu scene in the V3 version.

we hit 2k retweets on the renders, expecting Lane soon. Im guessing Late tmrw we'll get the Shu render
https://mobile.twitter.com/Hiromorita_/s...lade.jp%2F
Translation
From that quote i can assume delta will be back in sparking or maybe not
(Jul. 08, 2020  11:54 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/Hiromorita_/s...lade.jp%2F
Translation
I feel like it doesn’t indicate anything particular and it’s just Hiro Morita being nice. I’m surprised Hiro Morita personally knows the anime voice actors to be honest.
(Jul. 08, 2020  12:32 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2020  11:54 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/Hiromorita_/s...lade.jp%2F
Translation
I feel like it doesn’t indicate anything particular and it’s just Hiro Morita being nice. I’m surprised Hiro Morita personally knows the anime voice actors to be honest.
True, it’s cool he reaches out to people working on the anime.

I hope we get more villains like Gwyn. It really dives into he more psychological aspect of a character, and some of the moments with him were just disturbing. Like when he heard Drum echoing in his head, that scream felt genuine and was really unnerving (and that's a good thing). Gwyn was the second "villain" (well more like chaotic neutral) of GT, but I wish he had more screen time so he could get some more development.
I was just sitting thinking and I decided that I would bring up this question: what is a major character in any season of beyblade burst who wasn’t actually a main cast member but one whom you think really felt like one or should have been one ? For me the first character who comes to mind is Boa. Boa legitimately felt like a main cast member and his character was definitely explored with his intense drive to get better and character development alongside and his constant screen time. Unfortunately he was just a major cast member but he is surprisingly returning in the sparking manga!
I guess this is random. 14 minutes ago beyblade official tweeted, so the probability of them seeing the goal reached and releasing the render is high rn.

Battles in the manga don’t take a long time, so we should get a sneak peak of drum and dragon at the end of the chapter ( most likely )

Manga Speculation (Chapter 5 spoilers, speculation beyond that point)
Chapter 5: Hyuga and Hikaru vs Lane, when everyone goes home the next day drum showcase up at the brothers home with his new dragon.

Chapter 6: After eating drum challenges the brothers with his new bey. They go to the bombers to battle. Hyuga goes first and drum wins with a burst. Outside the bombers they hear clashing, outside lane has beat Delta. Drum confronts him since he was being rude and fight him. It’s a double ring out, and lane leaves.
I love how in the manga Aiga finds Valt literally dead in the woods
(Jul. 11, 2020  10:42 PM)snoc Wrote: I love how in the manga Aiga finds Valt literally dead in the woods

Valt's dead?
(Jul. 12, 2020  12:10 AM)Flame-Byxis Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2020  10:42 PM)snoc Wrote: I love how in the manga Aiga finds Valt literally dead in the woods

Valt's dead?

No, he was starved.
(Jul. 12, 2020  12:11 AM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  12:10 AM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Valt's dead?

No, he was starved.

R.I.P Aoi Baruto.
That's when Valt called him a monkey. That was hilarious.
How I'm guessing the episodes will play out
episode 17:
Hikaru and Hyuga had returned from battling, and are working at the restaurant. They decide they want to join the legends festival, so they go to the bombers to train. They call the rival bey club over (with Ranjiro) and during the battles Hikaru gets just enough points. Hyuga is jealous so during a match he tries to go full power but fails. He goes outside and starts crying since he can't join his brother in the festival. Hyperion talks to him and tells him to keep on going, and he will find what he can use to win. Hyuga goes to Ranjiro later in the day to battle, and uses a strategy where he barrages Ragnarok so it loses stamina then knocks it out the stadium, bursting it. Hyuga gets enough points and celebrates at the restaurant.

episode 18:
Word has started spreading from the rival beyclub that Hikaru and Hyuga are dominating their local scene. Drum had just created his new dragon so he goes to check them out. He goes to the bombers looking to battle, but Hikaru and Hyuga aren't there. Drum is confused but knows of a training center nearby, and goes there instead. In reality, Hikaru and Hyuga are just being lazy at home, but one of the members of the bombers saw Drum and informed them that he's come to battle the brothers. The 2 get excited and run off to meet him. Drum arrives and the training center and sees some bladers, so he battles them as a warm up. Hikaru and Hyuga get to the center and sees a ton of bladers and bursted beys on the ground, with Drum looming over them. Drum said he beat these bladers as a warm up an here to battle the brothers. They are surprised, but accepts their challenge. Hikaru goes first and uses his 10 bladed defense mode, but the rebounding wings on Dragon knock Helios into a wall and burst it. Hyuga is fired up and challenges him next.
About V-Force, that season was garbage. Worse than zero g, but atleast better than the beywheelz raiders stuff. What I think happened was they didn’t know what direction to go in after season 1 after tysons victory as world champion. As that’s their first series. But if we are still talking about OG Beyblade, in my opinion, G revolution redeemed it, and G revolution is my favorite beyblsde season ever
I'm gonna be honest and you are free to disagree, but I think at this point I'm so worn out with the character, Shu. Like, as a character, I think he's served enough time on the screen and needs to dial back a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like Shu as a character and he's one of my higher ranked characters in my personal opinion but at this point, I just don't want him to have as much focus anymore. He's becoming the Tommy Oliver of Beyblade Burst in terms of spotlight stealing and it needs to tone down. Like, every season he appears in, they always feel the need to give him a big role in the season instead of just have him being a recurring supporting character like how Free and Lui were in Cho-Z and Superking. 

Yes, I know Shu is an incredibly popular breakout character that will get fans watching the show (and he is certainly one of my more favourable characters), so they need to give him plenty of screen time but it just feels like he takes a lot of focus at the expense of other characters (who aren't the protagonists, the main antagonist or Valt).

In the first season, Shu was one of the most important characters and was the reason Valt wanted to strive to become the best. He was a mentor to pretty much every one of his friends, was one of the Spin Emperors and was a rival to the main antagonist for that season, Lui. His bey was the only one that broke too.

In Beyblade Burst God... need I say more? He was Red Eye and the main antagonist of the series, being the only one who had his mid-evolution from Legend Spriggan to Spriggan Requiem in the God series (I mean, Valt had Strike God Valkyrie but eh... it was still God Valkyrie with a Battlizer lol).

In Beyblade Burst Cho-Z, he was Aiga's mentor and coach (and Aiga was the main protagonist at the time) and was involved in Fubuki's development.

In Beyblade Burst Superking, he's one of the Legendary Bladers, which is fair enough, but then he's also Lean's coach and mentor (and Lean is one of the major characters, possibly the main antagonist). Whilst that's not inherently bad, I personally think it would be cooler if Alexander Gilten/Theodore Glass returned and mentored Lean instead to regain his former glory of having the strongest blader in his team.

I'm surprised he didn't make an appearance in GT and have him inspire Gwyn to be a blader or something.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking, but I think Shu's spotlight should be toned down a bit. Not saying he has to fade into the background, but I'd rather he was just a recurring supporting character in Superking.
(Jul. 15, 2020  2:44 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I'm gonna be honest and you are free to disagree, but I think at this point I'm so worn out with the character, Shu. Like, as a character, I think he's served enough time on the screen and needs to dial back a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like Shu as a character and he's one of my higher ranked characters in my personal opinion but at this point, I just don't want him to have as much focus anymore. He's becoming the Tommy Oliver of Beyblade Burst in terms of spotlight stealing and it needs to tone down. Like, every season he appears in, they always feel the need to give him a big role in the season instead of just have him being a recurring supporting character like how Free and Lui were in Cho-Z and Superking. 

Yes, I know Shu is an incredibly popular breakout character that will get fans watching the show (and he is certainly one of my more favourable characters), so they need to give him plenty of screen time but it just feels like he takes a lot of focus at the expense of other characters (who aren't the protagonists, the main antagonist or Valt).

In the first season, Shu was one of the most important characters and was the reason Valt wanted to strive to become the best. He was a mentor to pretty much every one of his friends, was one of the Spin Emperors and was a rival to the main antagonist for that season, Lui. His bey was the only one that broke too.

In Beyblade Burst God... need I say more? He was Red Eye and the main antagonist of the series, being the only one who had his mid-evolution from Legend Spriggan to Spriggan Requiem in the God series (I mean, Valt had Strike God Valkyrie but eh... it was still God Valkyrie with a Battlizer lol).

In Beyblade Burst Cho-Z, he was Aiga's mentor and coach (and Aiga was the main protagonist at the time) and was involved in Fubuki's development.

In Beyblade Burst Superking, he's one of the Legendary Bladers, which is fair enough, but then he's also Lean's coach and mentor (and Lean is one of the major characters, possibly the main antagonist). Whilst that's not inherently bad, I personally think it would be cooler if Alexander Gilten/Theodore Glass returned and mentored Lean instead to regain his former glory of having the strongest blader in his team.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking, but I think Shu's spotlight should be toned down a bit. Not saying he has to fade into the background, but I'd rather he was just a recurring supporting character in Superking.
Yeah agreed i mean he is just sasuke in burst