Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

Why Did Flame Libra not have a Spirit, was it too hard to make or did it not work?
(May. 20, 2019  2:27 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote: Why Did Flame Libra not have a Spirit, was it too hard to make or did it not work?

You've gotta admit, if a sentient scale came out the bey it would be hard to make it look cool or take it as seriously. The advantage of Byxis and Horogium was that their "spirit" designs sorta worked for their moves. Byxis had that Destiny Needle move which used the compass needle to push beys around, that looked cool! Horogium does a Space Time Warp move and a giant clock symbol shows on the stadium, it makes sense and looks cool. I honestly couldn't tell you how a scale would work though. Same with a Crown or Harp standalone in the cases of Crown and Lyra.
Yeah, back then I wondered why some Metal Fight Beys didnt really have any BitBeast/Spirit versions. And years later, until now. I figured they would look stupid in some or most cases. I wouldnt mind a “humanized” version, though. Say, a woman or a man holding a scale/harp/etc and special effects that follows
(May. 15, 2019  1:14 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(May. 14, 2019  6:52 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: yea the crescent haired guy gives I'm the new longinus owner. the silver hair looks like he could own the new bahamut if not him than the guy with hat will be it's owner. but both longinus and bahamut getting new owners is most likely going to happen Just like fafnir.  looks like valt is the only from the original cast that's going to be present at least for this season.

Boa should return. By now he's at the age where he'd be a normal aged blader.

Speaking of bladers, out of the Cho-Z bladers outside of Koji, how would to rank all the Cho-Z bladers in terms of strength....blading prowess. Aiga's number one now, but would Phi and Valt be number 3 and 2 or then. And more?

Going off the top of my head without any thought.
Aiga>Valt>Phi>Shu>Free >Hearts>Lui>Kitt>Xhan>Count Night>Evol>Fubuki>Kyle>Laban>Suoh> Ranjirou>Houi>Toko

kitt,xhan ,night,fubuki,laban are supposed to be stronger than lui....
(May. 20, 2019  2:27 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote: Why Did Flame Libra not have a Spirit, was it too hard to make or did it not work?

Yeah they would have a hard time showing it.
(May. 20, 2019  9:42 PM)Zeutron Wrote:

Yeah they would have a hard time showing it.
Would a scale be that out of place though? Xhaka's was a sword in season 1 and that only turned off one person.
(May. 20, 2019  5:11 PM)yellow flash Wrote:
(May. 15, 2019  1:14 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Boa should return. By now he's at the age where he'd be a normal aged blader.

Speaking of bladers, out of the Cho-Z bladers outside of Koji, how would to rank all the Cho-Z bladers in terms of strength....blading prowess. Aiga's number one now, but would Phi and Valt be number 3 and 2 or then. And more?

Going off the top of my head without any thought.
Aiga>Valt>Phi>Shu>Free >Hearts>Lui>Kitt>Xhan>Count Night>Evol>Fubuki>Kyle>Laban>Suoh> Ranjirou>Houi>Toko

kitt,xhan ,night,fubuki,laban are supposed to be stronger than lui....

Earl Knight, Evel Oxford and Kyle Hakim are definitely the weakest
Wanna know something I hate. When you watch the opening for Chozetsu and Turbo, you see Valt in both....and yet all of the comments section are talking about how they miss Valt and how he's not in the show. Humanity bothers me so much sometimes.
(May. 21, 2019  1:12 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(May. 20, 2019  9:42 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah they would have a hard time showing it.
Would a scale be that out of place though? Xhaka's was a sword in season 1 and that only turned off one person.

That's burst though. The two series are about 7 years apart from eachother so maybe TT changed the way they designed the bit beasts. But a scale would be pretty weird though.
Im just gonna be honest here: Id be really scared if theres some sword in the air and ready to hack me. A scale? I think I would roll over laughing
(May. 21, 2019  8:12 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Im just gonna be honest here: Id be really scared if theres some sword in the air and ready to hack me. A scale? I think I would roll over laughing
unless it falls down on you and burns your soul to damnation when the scales drop not in your favorite.
Thank god Yu is a good kid.
(May. 21, 2019  8:12 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Im just gonna be honest here: Id be really scared if theres some sword in the air and ready to hack me. A scale? I think I would roll over laughing

You'd better be careful as you might just see a giant scale dish weigh down and... probably not crush anything.

Oh and another random thought and it might be toyline related but why didn't Libra have GB145? The way it's shaped and weighted makes a lot of sense for it's scale motif to me. Not to say it doesn't work for the ballerina Virgo of course. Although perhaps a fan like track would've worked since putting out your arms in ballerina actually slows you down not speed you up.
(May. 21, 2019  11:03 PM)Jinbee Wrote:

You'd better be careful as you might just see a giant scale dish weigh down and... probably not crush anything.

Oh and another random thought and it might be toyline related but why didn't Libra have GB145? The way it's shaped and weighted makes a lot of sense for it's scale motif to me. Not to say it doesn't work for the ballerina Virgo of course. Although perhaps a fan like track would've worked since putting out your arms in ballerina actually slows you down not speed you up.

Should I die in fear or die while laughing? Lol
France has interviews with Hiro Morita AND a translated manga version? What the..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhimooqLu-c
If a libra scale statue falls on top of any of us, we're dead. Alright, moving on.

Beywheelz? Am I the only person who can say something positive about it besides the theme song and that it ended?

Given how well Ken, Sisco, Fubuki, and Amane turned out tend to be well liked, yeah, let's just make a defense type blader and bey the next protagonist. Aiga and Suoh turned out well Smile Yeah, some of them are broken espeically when they first show up (COUGH COUGH Ukyo, Quon, Wakiya, Joshua, PHI), but so is every protagonist once they reach a certain point.

Also I just realized all of the First Big Five have weaknesses:
1) Fafnir needs to be hit hard and fast enough to counter its wings and the drain parts, and those that can increase speed by the outer edge circle near the top of the stadium can counter his Break(er) attacks.
2) Burst Longnius before he activates Metal Dragon Crush....or dodge Metal Dragon Crush and counter attack hard enough it hit the fourth layer.
3) Attack Jinnius from above to hit his layer or deflect his forge disc.
4) Overpowered Fang Attack, attack at a different trajectory, and spin steal for Shelter Defense.
5) Attack just as his bey reaches Triple Impact and aim for everything but the sword.
6) Trick Satan's owner into a different strategy and barely launch your bey in the stadium.
(May. 24, 2019  2:13 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Given how well Ken, Sisco, Fubuki, and Amane turned out tend to be well liked, yeah, let's just make a defense type blader and bey the next protagonist. Aiga and Suoh turned out well Smile Yeah, some of them are broken espeically when they first show up (COUGH COUGH Ukyo, Quon, Wakiya, Joshua, PHI), but so is every protagonist once they reach a certain point.

1) Fafnir needs to be hit hard and fast enough to counter its wings and the drain parts, and those that can increase speed by the outer edge circle near the top of the stadium can counter his Break(er) attacks.
2) Burst Longnius before he activates Metal Dragon Crush....or dodge Metal Dragon Crush and counter attack hard enough it hit the fourth layer.
4) Overpowered Fang Attack, attack at a different trajectory, and spin steal for Shelter Defense.
5) Attack just as his bey reaches Triple Impact and aim for everything but the sword.
6) Trick Satan's owner into a different strategy and barely launch your bey in the stadium.

Eh, I'd hardly call Ukyo "broken" no matter what TV Tropes says about defense type bladers. He beat Daina but lost at least one point against him, same with Rantaro although in his case, Ukyo confirmed he didn't give his all, his losses outweighs his wins. Another thing is that almost every blader starts out strong, their debuts are supposed to show them winning. Joshua being super strong in his debut made sense considering he is a big 5 member, his introduction should show that he earned that title.

Phi is a major character, so he'd be broken of course, it's no different from non defense type bladers such as Lui, Free, Shu, Xhaka etc. Phi is really the only defense blader I can consider "The Ace" alongside the likes of Lui, Shu, Free, Zac, Xhaka, Valt and Aiga. I don't count Sisco or Josh because while undeniably strong, they never felt as strong as those characters for their respective seasons. Lui was ranked right above Sisco yet their power differences are clear.

Now Quon I can see why he'd be called "broken" since he easily wiped the floor with Valt and was pretty much Xhaka's equal.

Wakiya was good in his debut too, but later on he was vastly overshadowed by non defense type ace bladers, and Wakiya was supposed to be the strongest defense blader in the first season (at least he probably is?).

As for the whole "Big 5 have weaknesses" thing, pretty much every blader has weaknesses, it shouldn't be different with them just because they're the ace bladers.
(May. 24, 2019  2:13 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Beywheelz? Am I the only person who can say something positive about it besides the theme song and that it ended?

It had decent animation, I suppose. Oh and I do like a few characters like Jin, Nicole, Gigante, David, Lucy, Matthew and Ryan. The rest of the characters, meh.

Besides that, Beywheelz was watchable but was just kind of bland and average to me with a few likeable characters but suffered from mostly copy and paste characters and a really predictable twist. It's nothing special but it's certainly nothing terrible, like BeyRaiderz.
(May. 24, 2019  2:27 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(May. 24, 2019  2:13 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Given how well Ken, Sisco, Fubuki, and Amane turned out tend to be well liked, yeah, let's just make a defense type blader and bey the next protagonist. Aiga and Suoh turned out well Smile Yeah, some of them are broken espeically when they first show up (COUGH COUGH Ukyo, Quon, Wakiya, Joshua, PHI), but so is every protagonist once they reach a certain point.

Eh, I'd hardly call Ukyo "broken" no matter what TV Tropes says about defense type bladers. He beat Daina but lost at least one point against him, same with Rantaro although in his case, Ukyo confirmed he didn't give his all, his losses outweighs his wins. Another thing is that almost every blader starts out strong, their debuts are supposed to show them winning. Joshua being super strong in his debut made sense considering he is a big 5 member, his introduction should show that he earned that title.

Phi is a major character, so he'd be broken of course, it's no different from non defense type bladers such as Lui, Free, Shu, Xhaka etc. Phi is really the only defense blader I can consider "The Ace" alongside the likes of Lui, Shu, Free, Zac, Xhaka, Valt and Aiga. I don't count Sisco or Josh because while undeniably strong, they never felt as strong as those characters for their respective seasons. Lui was ranked right above Sisco yet their power differences are clear.

Now Quon I can see why he'd be called "broken" since he easily wiped the floor with Valt and was pretty much Xhaka's equal.

Wakiya was good in his debut too, but later on he was vastly overshadowed by non defense type ace bladers, and Wakiya was supposed to be the strongest defense blader in the first season (at least he probably is?).

As for the whole "Big 5 have weaknesses" thing, pretty much every blader has weaknesses, it shouldn't be different with them just because they're the ace bladers.
I see Yugo was the exception to the rule.

Counter question, would you consider Sisco a protagonist given his character arc. If Sisco got an upgrade, I think he could beat Lui one day.

I'll give Wakiya this, he's done the second most amount of damage to the Four Emperors: he would've beaten Xhaka had Double Impact didn't exist and got a point off of Shu without cheating.

So between Ken, Quon, and Wakiya, if Ukyo sucks, between those three, who's the best? Actually Akira too since he managed to Burst Zeu(s)tron.

As for the weaknesses, yeah, obviously, I just like they had them despite seeming broken.

(May. 24, 2019  2:28 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(May. 24, 2019  2:13 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: Beywheelz? Am I the only person who can say something positive about it besides the theme song and that it ended?

It had decent animation, I suppose. Oh and I do like a few characters like Jin, Nicole, Gigante, David, Lucy, Matthew and Ryan. The rest of the characters, meh.

Besides that, Beywheelz was watchable but was just kind of bland and average to me with a few likeable characters but suffered from mostly copy and paste characters and a really predictable twist. It's nothing special but it's certainly nothing terrible, like BeyRaiderz.
I'm adding Marche and Sho, they were fine.

Funny how the two most polarizing seasons (Wheelz and Shogun Steel) were the ones that basically added a female blader...wheeler....character that actually takes part in the start.
Isn't it funny how it went from Valt, the main character being Japanese and Free, a Fafnir owner being Spanish, yet in Gachi it's the total opposite (I'm assuming), so it's like, Drum the main character is Spanish while Fumiya is Japanese and a Fafnir owner.
(May. 24, 2019  11:56 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Isn't it funny how it went from Valt, the main character being Japanese and Free, a Fafnir owner being Spanish, yet in Gachi it's the total opposite (I'm assuming), so it's like, Drum the main character is Spanish while Fumiya is Japanese and a Fafnir owner.
And that is glorious.
(May. 24, 2019  11:56 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Isn't it funny how it went from Valt, the main character being Japanese and Free, a Fafnir owner being Spanish, yet in Gachi it's the total opposite (I'm assuming), so it's like, Drum the main character is Spanish while Fumiya is Japanese and a Fafnir owner.

So true...another double entendre of the night.
Dumb question I should know but I don't. How is left rotation so powerful?