Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Jan. 15, 2021  5:33 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  4:15 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Well why not do that with every character? I’ll tell you, there’s not enough screen time for everyone to shine. We did get to see his layers especially how he acts tough when he really has insecurities about his power

I'm not advocating doing that with every character on screen. But the main characters do need development of this kind. Especially the villian. We barely got anything from Arthur. Why Is he so obsessed with power? Why is he so driven in this direction? That's how you add layers and dimension. It's a common conceit in storytelling that that the characters that truly need to be given dimension are the mains and the antagonist. That's a foundational storytelling and character building principle.

1. Arthur wasn’t the villain
2. This explanation is given. He simply wants to be the best.
3. There doesn’t have to be a reason as to why he wants more power
4. He’s not power driven as he does nothing to make himself stronger
(Jan. 15, 2021  4:05 PM)Zeutron Wrote: This Arthur debate has been going on for a millennium. Legend has it they are still debating whether Arthur is a good character or not.

yea it's at in impass this should be a agree to disagree thing.  Arthur didn't get more dept like a backstory cause all went to gwynn , hiro's burst world resolved around friendship which put gwynn in it's orbit and drum is the friendship guy so yea.  it was a given who was going to get that development if burst wasn't mostly friendship than it would've been different.  but this discussion should be drop cause I don't see both side coming to an agreement at all
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:03 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Synchro Lightning: Lightspeed Dive

What? lol that is what you think there gonna call it in the english dub.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:02 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  5:33 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm not advocating doing that with every character on screen. But the main characters do need development of this kind. Especially the villian. We barely got anything from Arthur. Why Is he so obsessed with power? Why is he so driven in this direction? That's how you add layers and dimension. It's a common conceit in storytelling that that the characters that truly need to be given dimension are the mains and the antagonist. That's a foundational storytelling and character building principle.

Not picking sides here but Arthur was definitely the central antagonist. Not saying he was the better one but he definitely was the central antagonist. Gwynn was more like a final boss who had no alignment.

(Jan. 15, 2021  6:03 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  4:05 PM)Zeutron Wrote: This Arthur debate has been going on for a millennium. Legend has it they are still debating whether Arthur is a good character or not.

yea it's at in impass this should be a agree to disagree thing.  Arthur didn't get more dept like a backstory cause all went to gwynn hiro all burst world resolved around friendship which put gwynn in it's orbit and drum is the friendship guy so yea.  it was a given who was going to get that development if burst wasn't mostly friendship than it would've been different.  but this discussion should be drop cause I don't see both side coming to an agreement at all

Honestly I don’t think they needed two “villains” for gt. While I personally like Arthur as a villain I think Gwynn alone was more suited since he is the better character in general and actually synergizes with the plot better but then again, we needed dark turbo.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:02 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: 1. Arthur wasn’t the villain

Not picking sides here but Arthur was definitely the central antagonist. Not saying he was the better one but he definitely was the central antagonist. Gwynn was more like a final boss who had no alignment.

He wasn’t central that’s for sure. He was more of a Hyde character.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:07 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Not picking sides here but Arthur was definitely the central antagonist. Not saying he was the better one but he definitely was the central antagonist. Gwynn was more like a final boss who had no alignment.

arthur is my leats fav character
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:07 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Not picking sides here but Arthur was definitely the central antagonist. Not saying he was the better one but he definitely was the central antagonist. Gwynn was more like a final boss who had no alignment.

Sure he was, the “on the lines” conflict of the story was Inferno vs Wbba. Gwynn wasn’t really “antagonistic” in nature when you truly think about it. He didn’t want to destroy Dragon because he resented Drum or took pleasure in other peoples suffering. He was doing it to prove a point and satisfy his obsessions. Such an awesome character.
gwynm wasn't really a villain he was just confuse about the meaning of friendship and proving that with calculation anything is possible but drum was the anomaly for gwynn he couldn't figured out what's going on . but gwynn had zero malice in him his a good boi
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:14 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: gwynm wasn't really a villain he was just confuse about the meaning of friendship and proving that with calculation anything is possible but drum was the anomaly for gwynn he couldn't figured out what's going on . but gwynn had zero malice in him his a good boi

Gywn the god boi lol
they vibing at the merry go round
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8nRB57Pc8IQByHAPuA45...Q&usqp=CAU]
(Jan. 15, 2021  5:51 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  5:33 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm not advocating doing that with every character on screen. But the main characters do need development of this kind. Especially the villian. We barely got anything from Arthur. Why Is he so obsessed with power? Why is he so driven in this direction? That's how you add layers and dimension. It's a common conceit in storytelling that that the characters that truly need to be given dimension are the mains and the antagonist. That's a foundational storytelling and character building principle.

I literally already explained that lol.

He created a false image of himself with power to be perceived as strong cause he actually weak. More power strengthens the image. He also wants to be a king cause even if he's weak everyone will have to submit to him.

That's one way to look at it, but that's not how I perceive it. I didn't see anything from him that indicates that. No dialogue that expresses that or inner thoughts that reveal that.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:13 PM)Pixi Wrote: oh my god its all the beypops
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrDkVYEXezgQmKbCw5qXA...A&usqp=CAU]

Ugh they included Silas even though they sidecasted him in turbo. Remember when everyone was super hyped because we thought we were getting a Chouzetsu system Satan.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  5:51 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I literally already explained that lol.

He created a false image of himself with power to be perceived as strong cause he actually weak. More power strengthens the image. He also wants to be a king cause even if he's weak everyone will have to submit to him.

That's one way to look at it, but that's not how I perceive it. I didn't see anything from him that indicates that. No dialogue that expresses that or inner thoughts that reveal that.

It's clear he has insecurities about his power level. he went straight to Gwyn and demanded to get a part that would make him unbeatable.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:02 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

That's not acutally true. Everything he did lends to him being obsessed with power. He wanted to change the blading league based on the premise of power. He states as much. And very much was the central antagonist. He was the one that was driving this whole Wbba vs Inferno train.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:30 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:02 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: 1. Arthur wasn’t the villain

That's not acutally true. Everything he did lends to him being obsessed with power. He wanted to change the blading league based on the premise of power. He states as much. And very much was the central antagonist. He was the one that was driving this whole Wbba vs Inferno train.

He wanted Power not just to have power. He wanted to use it to hide his insecurities. That's the main point at the core.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:29 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote: That's one way to look at it, but that's not how I perceive it. I didn't see anything from him that indicates that. No dialogue that expresses that or inner thoughts that reveal that.

It's clear he has insecurities about his power level. he went straight to Gwyn and demanded to get a part that would make him unbeatable.

To accomplish his goal of changing the blading league since he lost to Dante which was a roadblock to his goal. All of this was in his pursuit to change how blading is done worldwide. Not due to any insecurities. There's nothing from him that indicates that.

(Jan. 15, 2021  6:31 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:30 PM)Admiral W Wrote: That's not acutally true. Everything he did lends to him being obsessed with power. He wanted to change the blading league based on the premise of power. He states as much. And very much was the central antagonist. He was the one that was driving this whole Wbba vs Inferno train.

He wanted Power not just to have power. He wanted to use it to hide his insecurities. That's the main point at the core.

There's nothing indicating that. Not a single scene that reveals that.
Comparisons:
Boa's launch form
[Image: 0IUzX3.gif]
Red Eye's launch form
[Image: IfRkqv.gif]
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:31 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:29 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: It's clear he has insecurities about his power level. he went straight to Gwyn and demanded to get a part that would make him unbeatable.

To accomplish his goal of changing the blading league since he lost to Dante which was a roadblock to his goal. All of this was in his pursuit to change how blading is done worldwide. Not due to any insecurities. There's nothing from him that indicates that.

He literally was fuming when he demanded Gwyn to make a better part. The despair in his face as he was beaten. He wants to be powerful cause he's actually weak. Literally everything points to him actually being weak. With the gimmick exploited he always loses cause he didn't have an actually bond with Apocalypse, he just wanted to use it so he seemed powerful.
some more beypop images because why not
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:35 PM)Pixi Wrote: some more beypop images because why not

One of them is broken.
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:36 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2021  6:35 PM)Pixi Wrote: some more beypop images because why not

One of them is broken.
sad.