Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Dec. 10, 2020  11:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:29 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I agree, and I think it’s mainly because he got sidelined big time.

That's absolutely the reason why. Now I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not the biggest fan of Gwyn. I think he took away from the potential that could have been mined from Arthur's arc as a villian. When Gwyn was introduced, Arthur was regulated to second fiddle very quick, and I think exploring Arthur's arc more would have been potentially more interesting than what we got with Gwyn. It was huge missed opportunity that I mourn.

That’s completely how I felt too.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:29 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I agree, and I think it’s mainly because he got sidelined big time.

That's absolutely the reason why. Now I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not the biggest fan of Gwyn. I think he took away from the potential that could have been mined from Arthur's arc as a villian. When Gwyn was introduced, Arthur was regulated to second fiddle very quick, and I think exploring Arthur's arc more would have been potentially more interesting than what we got with Gwyn. It was huge missed opportunity that I mourn.

Athur still got his moments but I get your point I think (as a big Gwyn fan).
What I want to see is someone who uses beyblade as a means of powering some external desires. Maybe someone who uses beyblade for political power since it has huge influence in the beyblade world.
I think Gwyn is cool cause he was originally intended to be a girl and Hiro Morita actually tried to get past his editors. Also the fact that the has breakdowns and how he tries to find his answer.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:33 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:32 PM)Admiral W Wrote: That's absolutely the reason why. Now I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not the biggest fan of Gwyn. I think he took away from the potential that could have been mined from Arthur's arc as a villian. When Gwyn was introduced, Arthur was regulated to second fiddle very quick, and I think exploring Arthur's arc more would have been potentially more interesting than what we got with Gwyn. It was huge missed opportunity that I mourn.

Athur still got his moments but I get your point I think (as a big Gwyn fan).

He had some good moments, but there was so much that could have been explored that would have made for a truly fantastic closing arc.
Elsa 2.0 could be the next Mr. Try to steal the Star Fragments villain
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:34 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:33 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Athur still got his moments but I get your point I think (as a big Gwyn fan).

He had some good moments, but there was so much that could have been explored that would have made for a truly fantastic closing arc.

The problem is that even with a backstory all that really would've happened either way is that he would be big angry and seek out a means to defeat the main cast, which is what he did by recruiting Gwyn.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:34 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I think Gwyn is cool cause he was originally intended to be a girl and Hiro Morita actually tried to get past his editors. Also the fact that the has breakdowns and how he tries to find his answer.

Yeah it was basically a loophole. They still used a female voice actor for Gwynn whom herself used a female pitch for Gwynn. I think that Hiro still wants us to consider Gwynn female even though he couldn’t canonically make it happen due to his editors.
If gwyn was female Gwyn would look cute lol
Gwyn also has some fantastic facial expressions
[Image: gc6Vxjb.jpg]
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:38 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Gwyn also has some fantastic facial expressions
[Image: gc6Vxjb.jpg]

That creeps me out
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:35 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:34 PM)Admiral W Wrote: He had some good moments, but there was so much that could have been explored that would have made for a truly fantastic closing arc.

The problem is that even with a backstory all that really would've happened either way is that he would be big angry and seek out a means to defeat the main cast, which is what he did by recruiting Gwyn.

Not necessarily. Understanding the why would have been in of itself interesting, if done right, and more than that, it would have been great to see the effect of what he was trying to accomplish on the entire blading world. There are so many interesting directions they could have gone with that. But we didn't get any of that due to the introduction of Gwyn.
I heard that Gwynn actually destroyed apocalypse in the manga is that true?
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:40 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I heard that Gwynn actually destroyed apocalypse in the manga is that true?

I think thats fake
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:40 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:35 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: The problem is that even with a backstory all that really would've happened either way is that he would be big angry and seek out a means to defeat the main cast, which is what he did by recruiting Gwyn.

Not necessarily. Understanding the why would have been in of itself interesting if done right and more than that it would have been great to see the effect of what he was trying to accomplish on the entire blading world. There are so many interesting directions they could have gone with that. But we didn't get any of that due to the introduction of Gwyn.

Fair, but that doesn't mean Gwyn himself his bad imo. Just kind of limited Arthur.

(Dec. 10, 2020  11:40 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I heard that Gwynn actually destroyed apocalypse in the manga is that true?

Its true lol

Gwyn's pretty fierce in the manga huh
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:40 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:40 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Not necessarily. Understanding the why would have been in of itself interesting if done right and more than that it would have been great to see the effect of what he was trying to accomplish on the entire blading world. There are so many interesting directions they could have gone with that. But we didn't get any of that due to the introduction of Gwyn.

Fair, but that doesn't mean Gwyn himself his bad imo. Just kind of limited Arthur.

Its true lol

Not in of himself bad, just an unfortunate distraction.
Im getting a breakdown hearing Gwyn breaking Apocalypse
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:40 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:40 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Not necessarily. Understanding the why would have been in of itself interesting if done right and more than that it would have been great to see the effect of what he was trying to accomplish on the entire blading world. There are so many interesting directions they could have gone with that. But we didn't get any of that due to the introduction of Gwyn.

Its true lol

Yeah that does sound pretty fierce. I guess Arthur was getting in the way.
Mostly everything is better in the manga.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:43 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Mostly everything is better in the manga.

Yeah pretty much.