Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Dec. 10, 2020  11:18 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Burst needs to make another antagonist who we don’t feel remorseful/bad for while also giving them proper/realistic motives. Either that, or they don’t make the antagonist a villain.

I completely agree. They can't seem to stick the landing on that front.
Arthur was a good villain but they tossed him away as Mr. Loser.
They did an excellent job with Red Eye and though I think Arthur had good elements to him, I wish his motivations had been fleshed out more. In addition I would have liked to have seen the wider effects of his actions. I feel like we didn't get much scope on that.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:20 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:19 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Rantaro should be the BIG BAD BOSS!

Yes, Rantaro is the Kumicho around here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:21 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:18 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Burst needs to make another antagonist who we don’t feel remorseful/bad for while also giving them proper/realistic motives. Either that, or they don’t make the antagonist a villain.

I completely agree. They can't seem to stick the landing on that front.

That’s why I love Arthur so much. He came from nowhere and wanted to get rid of WBBA to turn the good natured sport of beyblade into an evil and negative concept by using his HELL organization to dominate the beyblade world. Simple, realistic and effective. He was just a bad guy and that’s all there is to it.
I wanted Valt and Aiger to take down Arthur together
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:24 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:21 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I completely agree. They can't seem to stick the landing on that front.

That’s why I love Arthur so much. He came from nowhere and wanted to get rid of WBBA to turn the good natured sport of beyblade into an evil and negative concept by using his HELL organization to dominate the beyblade world. Simple, realistic and effective.

I personally want another Gwyn like villain that's mentally falling apart and that leads them momentarily to the side of evil.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:25 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:24 PM)Zeutron Wrote: That’s why I love Arthur so much. He came from nowhere and wanted to get rid of WBBA to turn the good natured sport of beyblade into an evil and negative concept by using his HELL organization to dominate the beyblade world. Simple, realistic and effective.

I personally want another Gwyn like villain that's mentally falling apart and that leads them momentarily to the side of evil.

I don’t quite mind that but the reason why I don’t like the idea is because burst has tried it too much and has also failed at it.
I think the evil Arman theories are fun, but Gwyn literally picks up the broken pieces of Ashindra and goes to repair it so they have no weight,
We all knew Amane was the final GT Boss all along. He waited for the precise moment to strike down on Drum
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:24 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:21 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I completely agree. They can't seem to stick the landing on that front.

That’s why I love Arthur so much. He came from nowhere and wanted to get rid of WBBA to turn the good natured sport of beyblade into an evil and negative concept by using his HELL organization to dominate the beyblade world. Simple, realistic and effective. He was just a bad guy and that’s all there is to it.

I like Arthur. I just wish we had a little more fleshing out. Especially when it came to the wider effects of his actions. I feel like we didn't really get to some of the wider ramifications of his actions.
Oh wait a second that is why fanmade battles exist
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:25 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I personally want another Gwyn like villain that's mentally falling apart and that leads them momentarily to the side of evil.

I don’t quite mind that but the reason why I don’t like the idea is because burst has tried it too much and has also failed at it.

When has Burst done that with anyone but Gwyn? Lui was just "Oooh I'm a meanie." Red Eye was just Shu that was manipulated in a time of weakness to be evil. Phi was just big angry cause he got Phoenix. Gwyn was mentally unstable and falling apart. We've seen him have breakdowns before.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:24 PM)Zeutron Wrote: That’s why I love Arthur so much. He came from nowhere and wanted to get rid of WBBA to turn the good natured sport of beyblade into an evil and negative concept by using his HELL organization to dominate the beyblade world. Simple, realistic and effective. He was just a bad guy and that’s all there is to it.

I like Arthur. I just wish we had a little more fleshing out. Especially when it came to the wider effects of his actions. I feel like we didn't really get to some of the wider ramifications of his actions.

I agree, and I think it’s mainly because he got sidelined big time.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:29 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I like Arthur. I just wish we had a little more fleshing out. Especially when it came to the wider effects of his actions. I feel like we didn't really get to some of the wider ramifications of his actions.

I agree, and I think it’s partly because he got sidelined big time.

I like Arthur cause you can tell he had emotion and was angry that he was losing so he forced Gwyn to also get him Eclipse armor.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:28 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote: I don’t quite mind that but the reason why I don’t like the idea is because burst has tried it too much and has also failed at it.

When has Burst done that with anyone but Gwyn? Lui was just "Oooh I'm a meanie." Red Eye was just Shu that was manipulated in a time of weakness to be evil. Phi was just big angry cause he got Phoenix. Gwyn was mentally unstable and falling apart. We've seen him have breakdowns before.

Shu was kind of like that too. I guess you could say that they haven’t done something EXACTLY like it but ultimately what I’m getting at is that we don’t need a sympathetic antagonist.
Arthur is better than every other villain
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:30 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:28 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: When has Burst done that with anyone but Gwyn? Lui was just "Oooh I'm a meanie." Red Eye was just Shu that was manipulated in a time of weakness to be evil. Phi was just big angry cause he got Phoenix. Gwyn was mentally unstable and falling apart. We've seen him have breakdowns before.

Shu was kind of like that too. I guess you could say that they haven’t done something EXACTLY like it but ultimately we don’t need a sympathetic antagonist is what I’m getting atZ

Gwyn wasn't really sympathetic I think. The whole thing with Gwyn was that he was with Inferno but not evil. More or less confused.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:29 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:27 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I like Arthur. I just wish we had a little more fleshing out. Especially when it came to the wider effects of his actions. I feel like we didn't really get to some of the wider ramifications of his actions.

I agree, and I think it’s mainly because he got sidelined big time.

That's absolutely the reason why. Now I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not the biggest fan of Gwyn. I think he took away from the potential that could have been mined from Arthur's arc as a villian. When Gwyn was introduced, Arthur was regulated to second fiddle very quick, and I think exploring Arthur's arc more would have been potentially more interesting than what we got with Gwyn. It was a huge missed opportunity that I mourn.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:30 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:30 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Shu was kind of like that too. I guess you could say that they haven’t done something EXACTLY like it but ultimately we don’t need a sympathetic antagonist is what I’m getting atZ

Gwyn wasn't really sympathetic I think. The whole thing with Gwyn was that he was with Inferno but not evil. More or less confused.

True, but there’s still some sympathy in that given that he didn’t fully understand the concept of friendship. We need someone who is legitimately evil/dark.
(Dec. 10, 2020  11:31 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Arthur=Ryuga
Gwyn=Brooklyn

Pretty much. By the way we need more Brooklyn's. Also Zeo was cool and Cerberus is a beast.