Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

My opinions on Valt

First I gonna bust up Valt Fans by saying he has plot armor
Second I gonna bust Aiger Fans by saying Aiger Power level is this:
++++++++++++++++++++
Valts power level:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lemme Explain How Cause we know Valt was not going all in out on Aiger and even then he almost beat him.

For Valt having plot armor he doesn't need it but he has it How? Here:
1.In the battle against Zac he was literally winning but Hiro decided to give Zac some Plot armor which Confused the situation so they gave Valt some plot armor too but he didn't need it to win

2.In turbo when the stadium broke Valt vs Lui It was actually Lui who had plot armor cause they didn't want Lui to lose that fast It happened with Aiger too! Valt had Plot armor but but Didn't need it!!!
(Aug. 20, 2020  5:58 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: My opinions on Valt

++++++++++++++++++++
Valts power level:

Lemme Explain How Cause we know Valt was not going all in out on Aiger and even then he almost beat him.

1.In the battle against Zac he was literally winning but Hiro decided to give Zac some Plot armor which Confused the situation so they gave Valt some plot armor too but he didn't need it to win

2.In turbo when the stadium broke Valt vs Lui It was actually Lui who had plot armor cause they didn't want Lui to lose that fast It happened with Aiger too! Valt had Plot armor but but Didn't need it!!!
Couldn't have said it better myself.
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:01 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2020  5:58 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: My opinions on Valt

++++++++++++++++++++
Valts power level:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hahaha good one Loki 😂
Honestly this may just be me — considering that Beyblade relies on plot armor, so its naturally the deal — but plot armor kinda sucks imo. Not just for Beyblade, specifically. More like, the trope in general somehow bothers me but with Beyblade, even moreso because everyone can predict what will happen
I don't think anyone expected Valt to lose to Lui at the end of S1.
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:14 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I don't think anyone expected Valt to lose to Lui at the end of S1.

Im not necessarily talking about wins and losses — plot armor in general refers to stuff how things in fiction happen because its meant to happen. For example, Valt is expected to face against Lui because protagonist rights, really. In a lot of fictional works, main characters eventually face the villain and potentially get a happy ending. Or the protagonist advances on with an expected path because, of course, plot reasons. There are plenty of more examples of what constitutes as plot armor, but as Beyblade fans, I think we know more. Again, not saying that it isnt wins and losses — just saying theres more examples than that

Edit: of course, plot armor in Beyblade means the protagonist cant get a bad ending. If that were the case, expect Valt to lose his major battles in the first half of the first season and he wont go as high up. I hope this is easy to understand!
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:19 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:14 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I don't think anyone expected Valt to lose to Lui at the end of S1.

Im not necessarily talking about wins and losses — plot armor in general refers to stuff how things in fiction happen because its meant to happen. For example, Valt is expected to face against Lui because protagonist rights, really. In a lot of fictional works, main characters eventually face the villain and potentially get a happy ending. Or the protagonist advances on with an expected path because, of course, plot reasons. There are plenty of more examples of what constitutes as plot armor, but as Beyblade fans, I think we know more. Again, not saying that it isnt wins and losses — just saying theres more examples than that

Edit: of course, plot armor in Beyblade means the protagonist cant get a bad ending. If that were the case, expect Valt to lose his major battles in the first half of the first season and he wont go as high up. I hope this is easy to understand!

I wouldn't classify that as plot armor it's narrative structure. All good stories have a structure to them. Most use the three act structure. In the three act structure the protagonist faces the antagonist at the climax, if that's plot armor, then most stories in history are filled with plot armor.
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:26 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:19 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Im not necessarily talking about wins and losses — plot armor in general refers to stuff how things in fiction happen because its meant to happen. For example, Valt is expected to face against Lui because protagonist rights, really. In a lot of fictional works, main characters eventually face the villain and potentially get a happy ending. Or the protagonist advances on with an expected path because, of course, plot reasons. There are plenty of more examples of what constitutes as plot armor, but as Beyblade fans, I think we know more. Again, not saying that it isnt wins and losses — just saying theres more examples than that

I wouldn't classify that as plot armor it's narrative structure. All good stories have a structure to them. Most use the three act structure. In the three act structure the protagonist faces the antagonist at the climax, if that's plot armor, then most stories in history are filled with plot armor.

You do have a good point. Though, I cant say much for the other instances of the series. There has been a notable amount of protagonists in Beyblade who get the right-of-way in order to advance the plot. These protagonists are hardly removed from a tournament or notably bump down in progress, which is usually saved for other characters. Plot armor also accounts for audiences knowing that the story cant exist without the protagonist succeeding, basically — its only natural for Valt to move up. I wonder what Beyblade would be like if there was a downer ending occasionally, or if the protagonist finds extra difficulty in moving on. But of course, protagonists getting the expected stuff is natural in Beyblade and Beyblade is nevertheless amusing to watch and take part in
I wouldn't say its plot armor. More that the story structured itself too where Valt always ended up happy or accomplishing a goal (also winning most of his battles).

Aiga’s story had a good up and down structure and no big problems, however unnatural plot armor was added in. This didn’t really fit, as they made a character always win in a story about the effects of losing.

Rise isn’t over yet so I can’t completely comment on Drum, but his story is structured around his growth with his bey with no added plot armor elements.
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:33 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:26 PM)Admiral W Wrote: I wouldn't classify that as plot armor it's narrative structure. All good stories have a structure to them. Most use the three act structure. In the three act structure the protagonist faces the antagonist at the climax, if that's plot armor, then most stories in history are filled with plot armor.

You do have a good point. Though, I cant say much for the other instances of the series. There has been a notable amount of protagonists in Beyblade who get the right-of-way in order to advance the plot. These protagonists are hardly removed from a tournament or notably bump down in progress, which is usually saved for other characters. Plot armor also accounts for audiences knowing that the story cant exist without the protagonist succeeding, basically — its only natural for Valt to move up. But of course thats natural in Beyblade and Beyblade is nevertheless amusing to watch and take part in
In writing, plot armor is usually understood to be a certain amount of immunity given to the protagonist. As result, they overcome obstacles that given their current status in the story, they shouldn't be able to. Protagonists succeeding is certainly not unique to beyblade or even anime. Most stories involve the protagonist eventually overcoming their obstacles, what makes their overcoming that obstacle believable and reasonable or not, is how they get there. What makes Valt's eventual rise to the #1 blader in world reasonable, is his learning from the many setbacks he suffered on his way to the top. All the training he did. That and many other things made his overcoming his obstacles reasonable and believable.
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:41 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:33 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: You do have a good point. Though, I cant say much for the other instances of the series. There has been a notable amount of protagonists in Beyblade who get the right-of-way in order to advance the plot. These protagonists are hardly removed from a tournament or notably bump down in progress, which is usually saved for other characters. Plot armor also accounts for audiences knowing that the story cant exist without the protagonist succeeding, basically — its only natural for Valt to move up. But of course thats natural in Beyblade and Beyblade is nevertheless amusing to watch and take part in
In writing, plot armor is usually understood to be a certain amount of immunity given to the protagonist. As result, they overcome obstacles that given their current status in the story, they shouldn't be able to. Protagonists succeeding is certainly not unique to beyblade or even anime. Most stories involve the protagonist eventually overcoming their obstacles, what makes their overcoming that obstacle believable and reasonable or not, is how they get there. What makes Valt's eventual rise to the #1 blader in world reasonable, is his learning from the many setbacks he suffered on his way to the top. All the training he did. That and many other things made his overcoming his obstacles reasonable and believable.

Again, thats fair and you have a good point. Perhaps Ill see that the first season was somewhat not aided by plot armor. Valt seems like a legitimate character for the most part, though some instances seemed rather questionable and did not have happened when it should have (or at least, in my opinion). Especially within the second season. I do agree that Valt losing against Lui was a nice twist, considering how we are very used to Beyblade protagonists winning. Some instances couldve been better but I think the writers didnt want to butcher the plot, so Valt would come off as overall fine
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:48 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:41 PM)Admiral W Wrote: In writing, plot armor is usually understood to be a certain amount of immunity given to the protagonist. As result, they overcome obstacles that given their current status in the story, they shouldn't be able to. Protagonists succeeding is certainly not unique to beyblade or even anime. Most stories involve the protagonist eventually overcoming their obstacles, what makes their overcoming that obstacle believable and reasonable or not, is how they get there. What makes Valt's eventual rise to the #1 blader in world reasonable, is his learning from the many setbacks he suffered on his way to the top. All the training he did. That and many other things made his overcoming his obstacles reasonable and believable.

Again, thats fair and you have a good point. Perhaps Ill see that the first season was somewhat not aided by plot armor. Valt seems like a legitimate character for the most part, though some instances seemed rather questionable and did not have happened when it should have (or at least, in my opinion). Especially within the second season. I do agree that Valt losing against Lui was a nice twist, considering how we are very used to Beyblade protagonists winning. Some instances couldve been better but I think the writers didnt want to butcher the plot, so Valt would come off as overall fine

I'd say S2 even built upon what S1 did in regards to Valt's growth. He had to learn a lot of hard lessons from the many setbacks he suffered. Watching his and BC Sol's many losses in the European and World League made their eventual win all the more satisfying. And even when we reached the midpoint of the season, he suffered another crushing defeat at the hands of Lui. Why? Because he wasn't powerful enough yet to take him down. Earlier in the season he got crushed by Red Eye not once but twice. He wasn't powerful enough yet, he still needed to grow as a blader. Inch by inch we saw him getting closer to his goal. When he came face to face with Shu in the finals of the international bladers cup, he brought everything he learned from all those setbacks and that training, and all the strength he amassed across the season to bear in that battle and finally defeated his greatest rival. All of that hard work finally paid off. They really did an excellent job with his development over the course of those two seasons.
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:56 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2020  6:48 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Again, thats fair and you have a good point. Perhaps Ill see that the first season was somewhat not aided by plot armor. Valt seems like a legitimate character for the most part, though some instances seemed rather questionable and did not have happened when it should have (or at least, in my opinion). Especially within the second season. I do agree that Valt losing against Lui was a nice twist, considering how we are very used to Beyblade protagonists winning. Some instances couldve been better but I think the writers didnt want to butcher the plot, so Valt would come off as overall fine

I'd say S2 even built upon what S1 did on regards to Valt's growth. He had to learn a lot of hard lessons from the many setbacks he suffered. Watching his and BC Sol's many losses in the European and World League made their eventual win all the more satisfying. And even when we reached the midpoint of the season, he suffered another crushing defeat at the hands of Lui. Why? Because he wasn't powerful enough yet to take him down. Earlier in the season he got crushed by Red Eye not once but twice. He wasn't powerful enough yet, he still needed to grow as a blader. Inch by inch we saw him getting closer to his goal. When he came face to face with Shu in the finals of the international bladers cup, he brought everything he learned from all those setbacks and that training, and all the strength he amassed across the season to bear in that battle and finally defeated his greatest rival. All of that hard work finally paid off. They really did an excellent job with his development over the course of those two seasons.

I believe Valt is widely recognized as the best burst protag since he was the first and had the most time as a burst main. The extra time allowed for more and better development in a few ways.
Ill give Valt credit for being a believable protagonist, so consider this an agreement! C: The previous series’ protagonists were a lot more idealistic and powerful compared to Valt’s willingness to practice

Speaking of protagonists, I kinda dont agree with Burst’s protagonists past Valt. Yep, eventually Valt and his peers grow up and move on with their own businesses, but something about the newer protagonists seem kinda off to me. Not sure what exactly, and that Im pretty sure Im the only one who feels this way. Something about the other protagonists doesnt stack up to Valt’s to me, for some weird reason
(Aug. 20, 2020  8:49 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Ill give Valt credit for being a believable protagonist, so consider this an agreement! C: The previous series’ protagonists were a lot more idealistic and powerful compared to Valt’s willingness to practice

Speaking of protagonists, I kinda dont agree with Burst’s protagonists past Valt. Yep, eventually Valt and his peers grow up and move on with their own businesses, but something about the newer protagonists seem kinda off to me. Not sure what exactly, and that Im pretty sure Im the only one who feels this way. Something about the other protagonists doesnt stack up to Valt’s to me, for some weird reason

I doubt your the only one Who feels that way when it comes the other protagonists, like you in my opinion their not on same level of Valt as a main i think its cause of they dont have they same character built as valt what I mean by that they didnt get the time as valt to be built up.  To me i always view aiga, drum as a masamune type of character their good as rival but Not really as a main. Thats why I think valt should've stayed as main while aiga, drum are new strong rival same with hyuga And hikaru but thats Just me. They other mains are good but yea you see the difference
(Aug. 20, 2020  8:49 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Speaking of protagonists, I kinda dont agree with Burst’s protagonists past Valt. Yep, eventually Valt and his peers grow up and move on with their own businesses, but something about the newer protagonists seem kinda off to me. Not sure what exactly, and that Im pretty sure Im the only one who feels this way. Something about the other protagonists doesnt stack up to Valt’s to me, for some weird reason

I like Aiga for being a bit more unique from the other Beyblade protagonists, but I do see what you mean. Valt does feel like he has a bit more development, especially in regards to his skills though he did have a season more than the other protagonists in Burst.

Whilst I think Drum is okay and is a likeable character, he doesn't really stand out for me (and no, his scary faces do not count for me unfortunately) and feels there's something... missing with him though I can't really put my finger on what it is. Hikaru and Hyuga do still have a lot of episodes left to show off their stuff, so I won't judge them yet. But if I had to give my current thoughts on them so far, they're simply just okay for me so far but haven't offered much yet, despite their unique duo main protagonists concept. Again, they still have room to improve so I won't give my definite thoughts.
(Aug. 20, 2020  8:49 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Ill give Valt credit for being a believable protagonist, so consider this an agreement! C: The previous series’ protagonists were a lot more idealistic and powerful compared to Valt’s willingness to practice

I agree. The following protags don't stack up to him. He had a certain charm as a character that I don't think the succeeding ones were able to capture. As far as the ones from earlier series are concerned, Valt feels more grounded then them. I never saw the first generation of beyblade so I can't speak to it, but as far as metal fight and the succeeding protgas after Valt, they just are not on the same level. I root for Valt in a way I never have for the other beyblade mains.
It would be cool if they brought Gwyn back to help either one of the twins IF one of their beys break and help create a new one.
It's just me or Ken Daigo and Rantaro are based on Kurama Hiei and Kuwabara? The designs and personalities are so similar

Daigo even uses a headband to cover jagan
Do you guys prefer Gachi or Sparking?
(Aug. 22, 2020  1:25 PM)g2_ Wrote: Do you guys prefer Gachi or Sparking?

What about you? Personally I prefer sparking as it has a huge potential. But let us see
Sparking. Gt pretty much went downhill after Gwynn was introduced. They had a good thing going with Arthur, who, in my opinion was the first proper beyblade burst antagonistic blader but they totally ruined it with all the bey breaking and Gwynn junk.
(Aug. 22, 2020  1:27 PM)Vtryuga Wrote:

What about you? Personally I prefer sparking as it has a huge potential. But let us see
I think Sparking is a billion times better, and Lane is actually a great villain and intimidating, unlike Arthur and Gwynn.
Gacha was the worst serious of them all in my opinion, heck I stopped watching the anime and came back at episode 46, it was boring in my opinion.
(Aug. 22, 2020  3:51 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Gacha was the worst serious of them all in my opinion, heck I stopped watching the anime and came back at episode 46, it was boring in my opinion.
I honestly agree, it was the weakest burst season.