Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

its astonishing how Takao Aoki came up with a whole manga and anime series just to promote sale of toys. myanimelist He can easily be said as a marketing genius!
(Mar. 19, 2019  8:54 AM)Megacharizardx Wrote: Am I the only one who hates the lack of female characters in Beyblade??
Yeah Beyblade burst has got shasa guten , honey guten ,Nika ,and someone in rebel bey gang but they're not enough
female character strong enough to be relevant in the anime would be recieved well by the masses
Attack on titan has Mikasa Ackermann
Pokemon has Cynthia ..
Why not Beyblade?
Yeah I agree
He's damn amazing How's Rising going, I haven't heard much about it since chapter 1.
It would be amazing if the creators of the show put a female blader and one that actually battles a lot. Not like sasha or nika.
There is no strong female character in many animes
Even in Pokemon there is no female rival for ash
(Mar. 19, 2019  8:54 AM)Megacharizardx Wrote: Am I the only one who hates the lack of female characters in Beyblade??
Yeah Beyblade burst has got shasa guten , honey guten ,Nika ,and someone in rebel bey gang but they're not enough
female character strong enough to be relevant in the anime would be recieved well by the masses
Pokemon has Cynthia ..
Why not Beyblade?

In fairness: 
13 out of 78 bladers/characters in the original trilogy were female.
Metal Saga, Madoka was the most competent female, Sophie was part of an op team and could beat Yu one on one, Selen beat Masamune, and Lera was the only one to counter Jigsaw's invisible attack.
and Sasha's pretty good.

But then again
Hillary didn't do much in the long run despite being entertaining
None of the good/likable female Metal Saga characters were main protagonists and bladers...you could argue Hikaru but her character role got cut quicker than B Daman's chances of airing on United States tv for more than two years.
And if you say Burst should have a cool female blader, some girl will call you a fake feminist male cuck online and get angry at you. (long story)

I'd think it'd be cool if we at least had a main/supporting female blader who was a fun and competent and rival and had good character development like most of the characters in Burst. Defense or Balance would work out fine. Just handle them like Daigo or Ken and we should be fine

Dawn had a carp ton in Diamond in Pearl though, Zoey, Jessie, Ursala, and some of his best gym battles were against women (loved Ash vs Maylene)

Ironically, Sasha has a better win record than some of the rest of the cast.
(Mar. 19, 2019  2:57 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
Pokemon has Cynthia ..
Why not Beyblade?

In fairness: 
13 out of 78 bladers/characters in the original trilogy were female.
Metal Saga, Madoka was the most competent female, Sophie was part of an op team and could beat Yu one on one, Selen beat Masamune, and Lera was the only one to counter Jigsaw's invisible attack.
and Sasha's pretty good.

But then again
Hillary didn't do much in the long run despite being entertaining
None of the good/likable female Metal Saga characters were main protagonists and bladers...you could argue Hikaru but her character role got cut quicker than B Daman's chances of airing on United States tv for more than two years.
And if you say Burst should have a cool female blader, some girl will call you a fake feminist male cuck online and get angry at you. (long story)

I'd think it'd be cool if we at least had a main/supporting female blader who was a fun and competent and rival and had good character development like most of the characters in Burst. Defense or Balance would work out fine. Just handle them like Daigo or Ken and we should be fine

The original series was the best handling female bladers like Ming Ming who even beat daichi one of the deutaragontists
And there were atleast bladers who could battle like Mariah, Emily ,someone from team psychic who battled ray in v force,and Julia

Mfb was bad  but definitely better than burst

Burst has no competitive female bladers
We got Shasa guten who is no better than any generic blader,who got destroyed by free
Nothing better 
I used to think Akira was a girl LOL ,until I heard him getting termed as a he by someone in epsiode 48
The original series had a few pretty competent female bladers like Mao/Mariah, who beat Rai twice and even beat Ray and Max once in some battle royale. It was played for laughs but still. She only ever lost a few times if I remember correctly, notably against Ray and Kai.

Julia got a lot better as the series went on, at first her 1 on 1 skills were pretty poor but she got better as it went on, managing to beat Miguel by herself. In a tag team she beat Takao and Daichi, although Takao was in a bad state so this probably isn't fair.

Ming Ming has never lost a fight. She won every fight she was in, except for an inconclusive battle against Rai and Rick tagged with Moses.

Emily also one shot Max at one point, and also beat Gao, unfortunately that was it for her win besides against the president.

Queen beat KAI, although she did tag with King. But she also beat several major characters like two of the Saint Shield bladers with him.

Out of every female blades, four got a beyblade physically made, and all were RBV beys. Gabriel, Thunder Pegasus (which is insanely pricey by the way!), Venusian and Trygator 2. I'm a bit reluctant to count the recoloured Galeon which they passed off as Galux.

For MFB, the strongest female blades was probably... Sophie? Sophie did manage to beat three of four Gan Gan Galaxy members, although she was tagged with Wales and Julius. I don't think Sophie has ever won a battle by herself but she seemed pretty competent.

Hikaru had a lot of wins against a less skilled Kenta, and a few generic bladers and some HD soldiers, but that was it.

Mei Mei has only ever beaten generic bladers, she drew once against Tsubasa and Yu, but she was paired with Chi Yun.

Selen beat Masamune by herself, but she did have to cheat to win. Her only other victory was 4 vs 1, Garcia family vs Yu Tendo.

Ren Kurenai is decently skilled, she put up a fight against Zero, she lost quite a bit at first but got better. She managed to get revenge against Genjuro and one shot him which was awesome.

Funny thing is that their beys, besides Selens was released officially. Yeah I'm counting the Aquario that got rereleased.

Burst had Shasa, who has decent skills for a generic blader. She one shot a representative of The Royals, and she beat Valt one point, but it was to demonstrate her newly cleaned tip. Still she got a fair amount of wins, and I liked her not because of her skills, but because she was a fairly likeable character for a generic blader.

The rest are not that notable, Nika who doesn't blade that much, Sarah from BC Galleon who isn't really a proper character, doesn't talk but she did beat Stan. Gumita is just one of Ranjiro's henchmen and that's it.

None of their beys were released but hey... I guess you can easily make G2.V.Cy in accurate colours.
Ming Ming....yeah she was both cool, a good blader, and annoying at once.
Really wish they did a bit more with Sasha and the other 2nd tier Bladers since they had unique alternative versions of the season 1 beys, a (Stamina? Defensive) Gaia, (and I can't remember the rest). She still was just a cool character overall.

Yo, I felt so bad for Gumita when she tried to get Suoh to cooperate with Ranjirou on the battleship cruise. Though I hate watching Ranjiro lose, I'm glad Suoh got karma for hurting her.

Same with my thoughts on Digimon and YuGiOh, I think one day the main protagonist should be a girl. It'll teach boys girls are just as cool and capable and get more marketing for both. Tokusatsu Gagaga pointed out the greatness in that.
Where can i watch episodes without the anoying Japanese letters in the top right?
Would beyblade be the same if it had a romance element?
(Mar. 21, 2019  9:20 PM)DreamBlade Wrote: Would beyblade be the same if it had a romance element?

aw heck no
(Mar. 21, 2019  9:20 PM)DreamBlade Wrote: Would beyblade be the same if it had a romance element?
Ray and mariah(they end up marrying each other)

Burst and mfb is clean tho
Jinbee Wrote:Ren Kurenai
Kurenai!? As in Shu Kurenai!? Tongue_out
I mean, I like ships and all but in a mainstream show about spinning tops, romance would be unnecessary. I mean,, imagine the plot is Beybattling just to win over and save a princess from evil guy
is Kurtz real hair color green or blonde?
(Mar. 22, 2019  1:00 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I mean, I like ships and all but in a mainstream show about spinning tops, romance would be unnecessary. I mean, imagine the plot is Beybattling just to win over and save a princess from evil guy

I'd go for it lol

It beats having a story centred around someone going emo and wearing a poor disguise to go hide evil and hide from his friends.

BTW, I'm kidding (though I wouldn't rule out romance).
The reason theres approximately no girl bladers of note in Burst is entirely the result of CoroCoro trying to market to young boys. Both Morita and Takafumi have mentioned in extraneous material or social media posts that they've tried to include more women, (Takafumi even mentioned he wanted to have a girl protaganist at one point iirc?) but the CoroCoro editors shot them down, because I suppose giving even one female character in the franchise any focus or respect would give the whole series cooties. Sexism, thy name is CoroCoro.
(Mar. 22, 2019  2:22 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: The reason theres approximately no girl bladers of note in Burst is entirely the result of CoroCoro trying to market to young boys. Both Morita and Takafumi have mentioned in extraneous material or social media posts that they've tried to include more women, (Takafumi even mentioned he wanted to have a girl protaganist at one point iirc?) but the CoroCoro editors shot them down, because I suppose giving even one female character in the franchise any focus or respect would give the whole series cooties. Sexism, thy name is CoroCoro.

Sexism over capitalism (assuming that female audiences would add to huge sums of money)? Something looks odd here
(Mar. 22, 2019  2:24 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Sexism over capitalism (assuming that female audiences would add to huge sums of money)? Something looks odd here

It's a longstanding sexist marketing tactic. Explicitly creating articficial divides between what toys and games are for what gender has been around before any of us were even thought of. One can only hope that at some point marketing executives will see sense, but I'm not holding my breath any time soon, lol.
(Mar. 22, 2019  2:22 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: The reason theres approximately no girl bladers of note in Burst is entirely the result of CoroCoro trying to market to young boys. Both Morita and Takafumi have mentioned in extraneous material or social media posts that they've tried to include more women, (Takafumi even mentioned he wanted to have a girl protaganist at one point iirc?) but the CoroCoro editors shot them down, because I suppose giving even one female character in the franchise any focus or respect would give the whole series cooties. Sexism, thy name is CoroCoro.

And what a perfect time to make a cootie catcher out of their Corocoro magazine covers!

But yeah, my immature joke aside, I guess I do sort of see their logic behind it, I don't agree with it personally and I think it's silly to believe that adding even one relevant female blader would do terrible things to the series but whatever. The creation of Shasa would probably only be a further risk of making fans want a strong female blader. It was cool that Morita and Takafumi even considered it though, that's enough for me.
At this point, I'm glad the creators considered this. Sasha was a good compromise so I hope they see that as a good example to jump off of.

Did I ship her with Zero/Zyro or Takanosuke? Either way, that explains Shu's potential, his mother is a fire elemental. Well there's always fanfiction.

Speaking of fanfiction, I just saw....a youtuber talking about GT having the potential to be better than Chozetsu. I'd ask what is everyone's problems about Chozetsu (honestly, Ranjirou needed more, Suoh, Fubuki and Hoji shouldn't have been dropped power scale wise), but would've have been better had Aiga getting other bladers and friends to develop their own reasonance vs Phi taking the strongest bladers and forcing them under the dark resonance.