Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

The episodes today were sick! The marathon was awesome.
I watched it too, it was pretty good, Ginga's voice was cool
I watched BSS ep 18 and wow I'm stunned on how much deeper Gingkas voice has become. Its a lot like the beginning of Beyblade Metal Fusion. I'm liking it.
Can you guys make up an answer about a link between seasons
The first series (dub) is streaming on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/beyblade

And it looks like it'll be getting a DVD release in June in North America:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IE6SYZU
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IE6SV76
So after many months I finally got around to watching the Zero G Special episodes in the English dub!! Grin
...& they were absolutely terrible. I actually really liked Metal Fight Beyblade & Zero G, but these extra episodes were just unnecessary &, to be honest, sort of a waste of time.
Karura was cool, yo.

Clearly, even if those episodes were scheduled and prepared already, they really needed the anime not to be cut short like that. With more development, it would have been a lot better.
I saw most of them, they were "ok" for me. Not the best, not the worst.

I thought it was alright, but the introduction of those new characters was really sudden, as was Doji's return.

If a second season had been made/more episodes, maybe I'd feel differently, though.
Daidouji being a robot was, in my opinion, a clear sign they had run out of ideas, hah. Still, I am certain that is what would have happened if Bakuten Shoot Beyblade had had a fourth season : I really wish the fans petitioning for a continuation of that instead of Metal Fight Beyblade would understand that too ...
(Mar. 20, 2014  3:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Daidouji being a robot was, in my opinion, a clear sign they had run out of ideas, hah. Still, I am certain that is what would have happened if Bakuten Shoot Beyblade had had a fourth season : I really wish the fans petitioning for a continuation of that instead of Metal Fight Beyblade would understand that too ...

The fact alone that he "died" or how ever you'd like to put it, twice, yet returned twice (even as a robot), wasn't the best idea, honestly.

I mean, in Season 1, I really enjoyed the character of Doji, in 4D- he was alright, yet in Zero-G, I really didn't enjoy it much. The fact that it was just Merci/robot wasn't that intriguing at all, haha.

When he turned into that giant robo-top-thingy, I swore that's where Hasbro got the idea for Beywarriors. (Beywarriors Cyborg= Doji Top?) Tongue_out
Karura was pretty cool, I'll admit that. I found myself really zoning out while watching it though & usually I'm pretty engaged. It was sort of odd, considering that I really loved the Zero G anime when I watched it over a year ago; I'm not sure if it is just that my interests have changed since then (probably not) or that the specials were evidently worse. I feel like the new characters weren't as developed as they could have been and the battles simply weren't interesting. Had they ended it with Zero seeing Ginga one more time after his victory in the final episode and a few flashbacks to MFB it would have been perfect, but they had to go and ruin a good moment by throwing together a last-minute plot with very one-sided characters. I was especially disappointed that Kira's past wasn't touched on in the anime, as I think I mentioned before while discussing the Zero G series.
(Mar. 20, 2014  3:31 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Karura was pretty cool, I'll admit that. I found myself really zoning out while watching it though & usually I'm pretty engaged. It was sort of odd, considering that I really loved the Zero G anime when I watched it over a year ago; I'm not sure if it is just that my interests have changed since then (probably not) or that the specials were evidently worse. I feel like the new characters weren't as developed as they could have been and the battles simply weren't interesting. Had they ended it with Zero seeing Ginga one more time after his victory in the final episode and a few flashbacks to MFB it would have been perfect, but they had to go and ruin a good moment by throwing together a last-minute plot with very one-sided characters. I was especially disappointed that Kira's past wasn't touched on in the anime, as I think I mentioned before while discussing the Zero G series.

Yeah, it was mentioned in the Manga, I think.

They could have done a much better job with character development throughout the season, not just the lost episodes, in my opinion. Yet at the same time, the point to add new characters for the last few episodes did not make much sense, at all.
There was very little character development in the series all-together, but then again, they didn't have a year's worth of 23 minute episodes to work with so I'll let that slide. But really, the only way you could make that worse is by adding in a few characters whose backstories are only hinted at or mentioned in passing. There just wasn't any emotion in the final episodes & it left me with a poor lasting impression.
(Mar. 20, 2014  3:33 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Yeah, it was mentioned in the Manga, I think.

They could have done a much better job with character development throughout the season, not just the lost episodes, in my opinion. Yet at the same time, the point to add new characters for the last few episodes did not make much sense, at all.

It was obviously for the Beyblades, as well as some a tribute to the few old fans who know the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade main characters, but where the hell are the tops, the main reason for them ...
In one of the episodes with team Garcia, Madoka said RSF was Rubber Sharp Flat. Some bey expert...
A super old commercial for the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade 2001 anime :
Wo, memories Grin I have an old HMS commercial and another from V-Force Smile

Hosted on youtube in this moment, so if you can't see them wait some minutes and re-try.

Other commercial found on the web (Click to View)
Yo, so I just had this random thought about the anime which rarely happens since I'm not a fan of the MFB anime at all, but was Virgo the only metal system beyblade that appeared in the entire anime?
(May. 12, 2014  9:17 PM)Tri Wrote: Yo, so I just had this random thought about the anime which rarely happens since I'm not a fan of the MFB anime at all, but was Virgo the only metal system beyblade that appeared in the entire anime?

No, Mei Mei also used Aquario 105F, as far as I remember.
(May. 12, 2014  9:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 12, 2014  9:17 PM)Tri Wrote: Yo, so I just had this random thought about the anime which rarely happens since I'm not a fan of the MFB anime at all, but was Virgo the only metal system beyblade that appeared in the entire anime?

No, Mei Mei also used Aquario 105F, as far as I remember.

Also, a bunch of generic people in Zero-G would use Aquarios as well.
I just meant main protagonists/antagonists, thanks though!
In the midst of V force and it's just pissing me off. Hilary's okay now but Tyson, good lord Tyson...
To the person that said VForce sucks, Dj - Disappointed ......Why was there only 39 episodes in Metal Fury??
(May. 29, 2014  8:49 PM)xShArKDiVeRx Wrote: To the person that said VForce sucks, Dj - Disappointed ......Why was there only 39 episodes in Metal Fury??

There were the normal 52 if you count the "lost episodes". The dub made it 26 by combining 2 into one.

EDIT: Actually you're right I misread your post as Zero-G. Sorry.
(May. 29, 2014  9:28 PM)Woumb@ Wrote:
(May. 29, 2014  8:49 PM)xShArKDiVeRx Wrote: To the person that said VForce sucks, Dj - Disappointed ......Why was there only 39 episodes in Metal Fury??

There were the normal 52 if you count the "lost episodes". The dub made it 26 by combining 2 into one.

Actually that was Zero-G. He was talking about Metal Fury, which is 4D.

4D's timeslot on TV Tokyo got cut in half approximately half-way to accomodate the new anime of B-Daman. Whether TAKARA-TOMY could not afford a whole other thirty-minute timeslot, whether Beyblade was not popular enough, whether they thought B-Daman would be just as unpopular anyway or whether they simply wanted to directly apply to Beyblade's fanbase, we will probably never know.