Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts

(Mar. 19, 2012  3:47 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2012  12:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is indeed pronounced "zay-o", but written "ZO".

Oh wow, I never knew that!
I always thought it was supposed to be "Zee-oh"

Considering the fact that Z is pronounced as "Zee" in many countries (in others they say "Zed"),
ZO is quite plausible. Smile

As for the ratings, wow those are quite fantastic! Its true that it never managed to get such high ratings, but probably something good happened in the anime which led to an increase in ratings, or something bad happened to the other animes which indirectly led to the increase in ratings...
Actually, you're partially right;
It was pronounced Zee-o in the English dub, but it was pronounced Zay-o in the Japanese version. Like Gingka was pronounced Jin-ga in english dub but Gin-ga in Japanese.
(Mar. 20, 2012  2:40 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Or, the dub version is over edited. Place high bets on many cut out and edited scenses, as well as re-written dialouge that makes no sense whatsoever

Special Move: Cosmic Pegasus Final Drive! Tired

Lol, I can imagine a phone call between Hasbro and Nelvana.

Hasbro: Hey, can you edit this carp out of the anime?
Nelvana: What? *reads paper*
Nelvana: YOU FREAKIN DUMB????!!!?!?!? WE'RE NOT DOING ALL OF THAT carp!!!
Hasbro: Unhappy but why???
Nelvana: Cuz' we don't have time to edit that much!
Hasbro: but we changed our beys...
Nelvana: DON'T CHANGE THE BEYS THEN.
Wut:

*3.4%(*3.2%) 03/11 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
*2.3%(*3.4%) 03/18 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D

How does that happen?

US Ratings (March 24):
CARTOON NETWORK 2.0/10 Avg. (7a-1p)
Johnny Test 1.2/15; Redakai: Conquer the Kairu 1.3/10; Beyblade: Metal Masters 1.9/12; Pokemon B&W: Rival Destinies 1.9/9; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 2.2/10; Thundercats 2.0/9; The Green Lantern 2.1/9; Young Justice 2.0/8; Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens (1x90) 2.6/12; The Looney Tunes Show 1.9/9

Due to differences in ratings metrics it's really difficult to compare the ratings between the US and Japan. Japan might have a higher audience share, but likely a lower viewer count, etc.
In Zero-G there is a character named Kaito and in my storie the main character is named Kaito. If you want to read it, I will PM you the name of the storie
US Ratings (April 1):
CARTOON NETWORK 1.6/8 Avg. (7a-1p)
Johnny Test 1.3/15; Redakai: Conquer the Kairu 1.1/9; Beyblade: Metal Masters 1.6/10; Pokemon B&W: Rival Destinies 2.1/11; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 2.2/10; Thundercats 1.6/7; The Green Lantern 1.8/8; Young Justice 1.6/7; Level Up 1.4/6; Level Up 1.6/7; Level Up 1.7/8; Level Up 1.7/8
Can you explain what that actually means because to me it means nothing. Like what does the 1.6 in 1.6/10 mean?
(Apr. 07, 2012  5:29 PM)Ultra Wrote: Can you explain what that actually means because to me it means nothing. Like what does the 1.6 in 1.6/10 mean?
It means 1.6 out of 10 people watch beyblade metal masters on cartoon network.
When is beyblade metal masters episode 37 coming out in english online
(Apr. 07, 2012  6:19 PM)GalaxyPegasus80 Wrote: When is beyblade metal masters episode 37 coming out in english online
It is still being encoded will post download link when it comes out.
(Apr. 07, 2012  6:11 PM)beybladetiggy Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2012  5:29 PM)Ultra Wrote: Can you explain what that actually means because to me it means nothing. Like what does the 1.6 in 1.6/10 mean?
It means 1.6 out of 10 people watch beyblade metal masters on cartoon network.

Not quite. The first number refers to the amount of total households with television watching the show. Last year Nielsen reported 116 million households. So Beyblade had 1.6% of that 116 million, which is about 1.85 million viewers if I'm doing my math right. [Don't quote me on this figure since I'm not certain this actually works with the k 6-11 stuff] The second number refers to the percentage of total households watching TV at that time. Meaning, that at 8AM 10% of all the TVs turned on in the U.S. were watching Beyblade.

That 10% figure may seem very high, and there's a reason for that. The numbers reported are for the kids 6-11 demographic. Meaning 10% of all TVs turned on by kids 6-11 were watching Beyblade.

It's confusing.
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
Why is beyblade still 12 minutes long ya think with a new series 30 minutes by now tch how annoying.
(Apr. 09, 2012  5:14 PM)Clonetos Wrote: Why is beyblade still 12 minutes long ya think with a new series 30 minutes by now tch how annoying.

... Cross Fight B-Daman still exists, and it needs to be accomodated.
Cross Fight B-Daman is on it's 27th episode now, has introduced the "Ultimate Evil Machine" and still hasn't been renewed. There's a slight possibility that Beyblade could recover it's timeslot in September.
Despite my love for Cross Fight B-Daman I hope there'll be only one season for now (and that no other series about plastic toys besides Beyblade takes its timeslot then).
Both series seriously need more time for developing characters, fights, etc. (the story in general, too). Though Cross Fight B-Daman managed to handle it a little better than 4D did.
It would still be a little too early to hear about Cross Fight be renewed for a second year, this tends to happen during the final cours of the series. (so somewhere after episode 39 or so) I wouldn't doubt that it gets renewed, and I think it can work for Beyblade a little better now that they can craft the show specifically for these shorter run times. (though I'd still love for a return to its old run time)
Tsubasa looks like he could be Ryuga's cousin, and Masamune looks like he could be Doji's son! Tsubasa should adopt Yu.
(Apr. 11, 2012  8:59 PM)Fakirs Duck Wrote: Tsubasa looks like he could be Ryuga's cousin, and Masamune looks like he could be Doji's son! Tsubasa should adopt Yu.
What are you talking about Tsubasa doesnt even resemble Ryuga.Yuu cant be Doji son i think it is supposed to be Tsetuya wataragani very crafty and very intelligent cheater just like Doji.
Aw my gosh you're rightz!!
Implying Daidouji is a cheater.

Also implying that the way Tetsuya cheats can be considered as intelligent.

Seriously, why does everyone think someone has to be a relative of another character. Are all your friends or enemies your parents or siblings? And you don't even know them?! (Okay, that Ryuuto-thing is an exception)
Daidouji isn't supposed to be older than 25 (as far as I remember Takafumi Adachi's response to the question what age the characters are he said something like that he imagined him to be a young adult, didn't he?)
Yeah, Daidouji totally seems to be the kind of person who makes babies in primary school.

And you get to see Watarigani's real parents...
(Apr. 11, 2012  9:10 PM)beybladetiggy Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2012  8:59 PM)Fakirs Duck Wrote: Tsubasa looks like he could be Ryuga's cousin, and Masamune looks like he could be Doji's son! Tsubasa should adopt Yu.
What are you talking about Tsubasa doesnt even resemble Ryuga.Yuu cant be Doji son i think it is supposed to be Tsetuya wataragani very crafty and very intelligent cheater just like Doji.

Yes, Tsubasa does resemble Ryuga. He has the same skin and hair color, and their face designs are very similar. Plus, I never said anything about Yu being Doji's son. I just said that Tsubasa should adopt sweet little Yu. I mean, he already treats Yu like a son.
*3.1%(*2.3%) 03/25 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade 4D

For some reason the ratings for the last 4D, and first Zero-G episode weren't released.
(Mar. 02, 2012  3:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2012  6:06 AM)Whywil Wrote: Im'a try and make my own Fusion Wheel...wish me luck!
(Jun. 22, 2009  1:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: She doesn't have one.
Actually, I remember seeing her beybattle in the anime.(This is for real!)
She battled only ONCE in ALL of the anime. In Metal Fusion -The Fearsome Libra-
She battled cause Leone was about to break, and she launched it through his King Lion Tearing Blast. Her bey was exactly- Mad Gasher145F. There ya go, Neji! (too many words!)

Read the date of the posts you quote. Obviously back then Madoka had no Beyblade.
Then tell me, dear friend, what do you make of this picture?http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120327155914/beyblade/images/c/c5/Madoka.jpg
Back then. In trying to sound smart, you just lower yourself in the ground more and more.
*2.1%(--.-%) 04/08 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-G
*1.9%(*2.1%) 04/15 (Sun) 8:30am-8:45am TV Tokyo Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-G

Wow

Edit: From here on out for Zero-G rating reports check out the episode threads.
Sometimes, in Metal Masters, it looks like Tsubasa's pants are gonna fall off!