Random Anime and Manga Thoughs

(May. 19, 2015  5:22 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: The bossy girl who slaps the guys for no reason(My most hated)
These are called Tsundare. Oh and you can't forget the main character always at the back of the class looking out/beside a window.

Quite a lot of anime are cliché, but I suppose it's because they are millions of anime out there and it's really hard to keep it original. They are still some anime out there that are actually original and doesn't contain most of the clichéd points you just made. However, the majority is low.

You also can't forget this is made in Japan and the Japanese have a whole different culture compared to Western countries. So while some stuff may seem stupid or over the top for us, it's actually quite normal for the Japanese.
I know, there are some Japanese humour I like and I understand that these character traits are used because there are many Animes, but for some reason, it's always the same combination of characters and tsundares are extremely tiresome and I usually get pissed of by them the most.
(May. 19, 2015  6:02 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I know, there are some Japanese humour I like and I understand that these character traits are used because there are many Animes, but for some reason, it's always the same combination of characters and tsundares are extremely tiresome and I usually get pissed of by them the most.
I do feel like they are too many Tsundares in anime these days that it makes it lack in quality. I'm not going to say I'd like them to be completely gone, but I would like some of the stuff they to be toned down a little. Personally, I'm not a Tsundare fan, but I don't hate them at the same time. I much prefer Yandare... They seem at least more enjoyable than Tsundare at the moment, imo.
(May. 19, 2015  6:44 PM)Kaneki-kun Wrote:
(May. 19, 2015  6:02 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I know, there are some Japanese humour I like and I understand that these character traits are used because there are many Animes, but for some reason, it's always the same combination of characters and tsundares are extremely tiresome and I usually get pissed of by them the most.
I do feel like they are too many Tsundares in anime these days that it makes it lack in quality. I'm not going to say I'd like them to be completely gone, but I would like some of the stuff they to be toned down a little. Personally, I'm not a Tsundare fan, but I don't hate them at the same time. I much prefer Yandare... They seem at least more enjoyable than Tsundare at the moment, imo.

They're, pretty cool I guess, I think they do have a certain element of being interesting and it's funny to see their strange behaviour. Tsundares are as uncreative as the Squidward type characters in cartoons IMO.
Anywhere I can watch Attack on Titan free online? its on youtube but really low quality and has a lot of glitches.
(May. 19, 2015  5:22 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: A staple of some anime character cliches:
The guy who is the hero
The comic relief friend rival
The bossy girl who slaps the guys for no reason(My most hated)
The girl who is suppose to be cute, who CLOSES HER EYES AND CLASPS HER HANDS TOGETHER!
The silent guy
The psychotic old man
The dead parents
The amnesia main protagonists
The evil sneaky girl who is overly unnatural
The dumb fat guy who eats a lot Oooh

Anime cliches:
The heartbeat moment for oh so edgy moments
The overly perverted moments when a girl bends down(typical Japanese humour I heard)
The over abundant of depressing moments and sad backstory
So many parents die
Overly violent even for a kids show

And... and AHHHH!
you described sao
Good thing I haven't watched it yet, no wonder DXFan619 hated it!
tbh SAO wasn't that bad, but I dont watch anime a lot so I might not know what is cosidered bad or good. I think the worst thing was trying tp include the elf game in the first season...
Some people really liked SAO, some people thought it was okay, others thought it sucked. I thought it was okay, some parts were good, other parts were eh.

I think we can all agree the fanservice was unreal.
(Jun. 18, 2015  7:31 PM)Echizen Wrote: Some people really liked SAO, some people thought it was okay, others thought it sucked. I thought was okay, some parts were good other parts were eh.

I think we can all agree the fanservice was unreal.

I know someone who thinks the story is really poorly writing and it's just plain bad. I think it's decent though, just the second part I found lame.

Lol definitely. Especially Tentacles with Asuna. That was just bad.
Yeah I didn't even bother watching the second part after the first episode. I kinda got bored lol.
(Jun. 18, 2015  8:08 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Good thing I haven't watched it yet, no wonder DXFan619 hated it!

I can confirm that everything he said was true.
No johns.
i need a series to watch like Guilty Crown/Code Geass/Attack on Titan.

Emglish dubbed episodes, Completed, preferably under 30 episodes per season.
You'd probably like Knights of Sidonia if you liked Attack on Titan. It's a mecha, its first season has 12 episodes, there's a dub, and its also available on Netflix. Second season's currently in its 11th of 12 planned episodes, which haven't been dubbed.

Psycho-Pass is a dystopian psychological thriller, has twenty-something episodes in its first season, and about half as many in its second season, a dub, and a movie coming up.

Madoka Magica is... Well, its pretty good if you can get through its first three episodes. Endure those and you're golden the next ten. Also has a few movies, not sure if they're dubbed too, though.

Those are just a few that I've seen.
[Image: 2zianbn.jpg]

GGO usernames.

Makes me wonder what they were in Japanese, haha.
I'd like to get into the games; but no fan translations exist I believe.
Sadly no, then again they are similar to the official english translated games for the wii, just not as much pressure on the relationship standard.
(Nov. 29, 2015  6:57 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: I know there are some who watches One Punch Man here!

I only know of the series because of internet memes, though after a few watchings it's nice....alright.
What do you mean it's "alright"? 9 episodes in and I can say it's on track to be up there with Naruto, Bleach, One Piece..
(Nov. 29, 2015  7:17 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: What do you mean it's "alright"? 9 episodes in and I can say it's on track to be up there with Naruto, Bleach, One Piece..

Opinions.

I just found it to be fine really...or alright to say the very least. though, that's just me.
(Aug. 14, 2014  7:09 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: Stand up (Digimon Xros wars)
New World (Digimon Xros wars)

Somebody in here likes something digimon related?!YES!
What's everyone's anime status?
Are you an otaku, weeb, filthy casual or an anime fan?
(BTW I'm a curious otaku myself)
Some of the recent animes I've been watching are pretty nice. Though carp man is a rather ... interesting.... one, terrible to think that people like that exist still in Africa. Then again it has like 5 movies so i gotta get to sitting then watching it.

(Dec. 15, 2015  11:03 PM)Zero4869 Wrote: What's everyone's anime status?
Are you an otaku, weeb, filthy casual or an anime fan?
(BTW I'm a curious otaku myself)

That's mmm, that's just lovely.