[Raleigh, NC, 8/8/15] Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: North Carolina

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: Beyblade_Bursts_Onto_the_Scene_World_Beyblade_Or.png]
SATURDAY, AUGUST 8
Pleasant Valley Promenade, 6260 Glenwood Ave, Suite 109, Raleigh, NC
BURST FORMAT

Tournament Registration: 11AM
Tournament Start: 12PM

From seemingly out of nowhere, the third generation of Beyblade has burst onto the scene!. North Carolina Bladers, this is your chance to get a first hand opportunity to try out the new Beyblades from this exciting, explosive new series, receive one for yourself to take home, and trade parts with other players to build the best Beyblade you can!

First 7 Participants get a brand new Beyblade to use and take home!
And listen, we're not asking for those products back at the end, no way! Those are really gifts for the community! The first 7 Bladers to arrive at the tournament will randomly pick one Layer, one Disk, and one Driver from the Beyblade Burst items shipped to the host, and leave with it at the end!!

What happens if there are more than seven players, do you ask? Quite simply, these first seven, lucky Bladers will be asked to share with the players who came in later to the event when they are not playing in an official battle with it already. Their Beyblade will be returned at the end, because the host will have written down who got what.

Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Beyblade Burst Events + Extra Credits!
To help subsidize the high cost of importing some of the new Beyblade Burst items from Japan, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene events, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport, the total cost would be $15 at a Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene event), and there will be no prize reimbursement. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the more we can afford to do for the community in the future! We're actually going to be losing money despite this entry fee, and for those that receive a Beyblade, it will be much cheaper to get one that way than it would be to import one yourself (although we certainly hope you all do this after playing with them!). However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the championship, all participants in Qualifier Series tournaments will receive the following:
  • +1 Extra Credit to be used for prizes from our awesome Blader Rewards, on top of whatever they would have normally earned.
  • New Passport Holders will earn +2 Extra Credits, rather than +1, 2 Face Boosters from the list above, rather than just 1.

"But what about my BeyPoints? I've never played Beyblade Burst!"
No problem! The first Beyblade Event in every region will not count towards the BeyPoint System. Think of it as an opportunity to experiment and just focus on having fun with the new series.

Of course however, there will also be Faces and Credits to play for. Wink

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It is set to launch in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beywiki article covering it: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...lade_Burst

And be sure to check the Beyblade Burst - Bey News Forum Thread for the latest news on the series as it is announced.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADEBURST #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: North Carolina, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Dark_Mousy
Ritsuka
Defstamina88
Thunder Dome
VarAriesXD
TheBlackDragon
Angry Face

Possible Attendees:
egg shmack

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 09, 2015  5:02 PM)ZachBob Wrote: One thing I noticed when judging burst matches was that sometimes it is very hard to make a ruling on a double burst finish or a burst/ko finish. Mainly due to the clear plastic shield blocking your view, it can be very hard to see if a bey touched the wall and burst or touched the other bey. For burst tournaments in the future I suggest that we have 2 judges for every match; one on each side of the stadium.

Hm, you are asking for something impossible in certain regions, but I suppose that if people globally find Beyblade Burst tournaments quicker anyway, it may as well be extended by the fact that you have to wait for the two judges to be available each time too hah.
(Aug. 09, 2015  5:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2015  5:02 PM)ZachBob Wrote: One thing I noticed when judging burst matches was that sometimes it is very hard to make a ruling on a double burst finish or a burst/ko finish. Mainly due to the clear plastic shield blocking your view, it can be very hard to see if a bey touched the wall and burst or touched the other bey. For burst tournaments in the future I suggest that we have 2 judges for every match; one on each side of the stadium.

Hm, you are asking for something impossible in certain regions, but I suppose that if people globally find Beyblade Burst tournaments quicker anyway, it may as well be extended by the fact that you have to wait for the two judges to be available each time too hah.

I know it would be a huge pain haha. But if available I think it's a good idea. That's all. Smile

(Aug. 09, 2015  1:16 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(May. 07, 2015  2:44 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Also the winner of this event will have a guaranteed spot in the Beyblade Burst event on August 8th in Raleigh.
Also this didn't happen. I won that event and got in to see Zackbob and Dark_Mousy playing out to see who got the last burst (also the both already had a burst beyblade themselves). So yeah all the Bursts ran out...thought I had one guaranteed but oh well.

Thunder, I feel really bad that you were forgotten, that was really messed up man. Dark and I are gonna do what we can to make it right tho Smile please pm your mailing address to one of us. Love you man
(Aug. 09, 2015  8:54 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Also, gg Def. We played each other 4 times today, and that's, like, almost half our total BeyBattles in today's event alone, lol.

Funniest thing is that I believe we went 2-2 against each other, too. XD I believe that was also the first time I edged out Dark in a tournament since the tournament where I got my only gold face...
(Aug. 08, 2015  8:52 PM)Wombat Wrote: From the testing results and tournament results I've seen I personally think we still haven't actually decided on the best Disk for Attack yet. Heavy obviously adds weight, but Central, Spread, or Wing might have a better distribution or give more speed. I also think I read somewhere on one of Zoroaste's threads that Spread has the best LAD.

How soon is that going to be? I get that Burst is the current generation of Beyblades but until they become available outside Japan there should still be MFB tournaments at least semi-frequently. Not everyone is allowed to order Beyblades online, and not all hosts are going to have the resources to do this kind of tournament where they buy a bunch of Burst stuff and then give it away/lend it out. If the WBO wants to attract new members at this point in time we don't want to come off as exclusive (for lack of a better word).

That makes sense, especially for Valkyrie which has better Stamina than Spriggan. I was using Spread a lot before the tournament on my Attack combos, but switched to Heavy inexplicably. The use of Heavy at Toronto was probably more a result of people copying what others were doing than anything else. That said, based on my own testing I do believe Heavy is the best for Stamina combos.

Well, when I say it will become the 'standard', that doesn't mean too much in reality. There's going to be nothing stopping people from hosting MFB tournaments. I just mean that since it is the new series, it obviously will become the most popular as time goes on because it is an ongoing and evolving series, unlike Plastics, HMS, and MFB/Zero-G which are all old and established to a greater degree. So, it makes sense to invest in Burst than it does in MFB right now because activity in that format will decrease slowly.

Even right now I don't think it makes any sense for the WBO as an organization to be placing any importance on Plastics, HMS, and MFB: we have to look towards the future with Beyblade Burst because that's the series that is more likely to draw new people to our site, or draw old people back out of retirement (as we have already seen). It's the series we need to support if we want our community to have a healthy and prosperous future. After Burst becomes more established, supporting old generations in any meaningful way beyond special nostalgic "Remembrance Day" events, or as secondary tournaments to Burst Format events to appease hardcore players doesn't make sense. Looking to the past won't push us forward; it will only hold us back and over time, make us appear more "exclusive" than supporting Burst right now may appear. I mean, just think about what Plastics and HMS events are like these days.

If we want to attract new members right now, we need to do more events like Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene where everyone can go home with a new Beyblade and have a chance to try out the new series in an unranked, fun, but still competitive atmosphere. And it is absolutely our intention to continue the campaign in other regions if we can afford it moving forward. We're not asking hosts to find the resources to buy a bunch of Beyblade Burst products to give away/lend; we're asking the community to help us out through hosting more events and through donating to help us afford to continue purchasing these "Starter Packs" for hosts!

So in fact, even though we are promoting Burst heavily right now, the fact of the matter is that MFB tournaments for the time-being are what will support us financially. There needs to be a balance, though. People should host those tournaments because they love MFB, but they should also be striving to support Beyblade Burst and take the opportunity to host an event with them as soon as it becomes feasible for their community (which we can hopefully help with by sponsoring more "Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene" events Smile).

(Aug. 09, 2015  1:16 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I honestly didn't expect many people to show up at 10 AM and earlier. Registration began before 11. I was even more surprised when the majority of people who arrived had not posted on the thread. I was quite shocked regardless that it was first come first serve.

Is is true that you started registration before 11am, Dark_Mousy? Did the tournament start at 12pm? Although, I guess it might not have mattered for Thunder Dome if there was 7+ people already there before 11 ...

(May. 07, 2015  2:44 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Also the winner of this event will have a guaranteed spot in the Beyblade Burst event on August 8th in Raleigh.
Also this didn't happen. I won that event and got in to see Zackbob and Dark_Mousy playing out to see who got the last burst (also the both already had a burst beyblade themselves). So yeah all the Bursts ran out...thought I had one guaranteed but oh well.

That's really terrible ... unfortunately we can't do anything about that since that was a promise Dark_Mousy made independently. Unhappy

(Aug. 09, 2015  1:16 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Yeah those things plus the fact I'd have to pay $20 to play (10 for passport, 5 for Burst fee and 5 for store fee) while actually getting no beyblade burst at all made me not play.

The only advantage to buying a Passport at this event was an extra Credit, so you could have just paid $10. Sucks that there has to be a store fee, though. I know you guys really love Game Theory, and they sound like a great venue, but especially in the summer you guys should maybe try some outdoor venues sometimes.
Agree with Kei that Burst is what's important for the WBO to focus on, in terms of producing content and drawing in new members. But MFB is obviously very popular and I would expect to see active tournament activity for at least two years from now. But by that point, Burst will be launching internationally, and obviously that's where the WBO will focus.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about seeing MFB drop off the radar here entirely until Burst launches. But it's going to be up to local communities to keep their playerbases interested.

Re: 2 judges per stadium, that doesn't seem super-likely to me. But I think judges will get better at determining bursts over time. Maybe we should produce a little video for judges showing different close matches and saying how we would call them.
(Aug. 09, 2015  7:02 PM)Kei Wrote: Is is true that you started registration before 11am, Dark_Mousy? Did the tournament start at 12pm? Although, I guess it might not have mattered for Thunder Dome if there was 7+ people already there before 11 ...
I got to Game Theory right at 1030am. And there was already a line. Some people lined up at 9am to get in line. We had people come as far as Missouri to play in the event. I started registration about 10:50. And i took the first 7 people in line. Most of them were kids who just found out about Beyblade.

Check your PM we are trying to rectify this.

(Aug. 09, 2015  1:16 AM)Kei Wrote: Yeah those things plus the fact I'd have to pay $20 to play (10 for passport, 5 for Burst fee and 5 for store fee) while actually getting no beyblade burst at all made me not play.

The only advantage to buying a Passport at this event was an extra Credit, so you could have just paid $10. Sucks that there has to be a store fee, though. I know you guys really love Game Theory, and they sound like a great venue, but especially in the summer you guys should maybe try some outdoor venues sometimes.

It had a high likely hood of raining yesterday, so an outdoor venue wouldn't have been the best for us.
Yeah, it will be a while before MFB drops off the radar completely. I just meant to say that where we can, we should be taking steps towards the future by focusing much of our effort on Burst.
(Aug. 09, 2015  7:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Re: 2 judges per stadium, that doesn't seem super-likely to me. But I think judges will get better at determining bursts over time. Maybe we should produce a little video for judges showing different close matches and saying how we would call them.

That sounds pretty awesome, actually. That could be very helpful.

I'm still concerned about visibility when a bey bursts or is knocked out on the side closest to the judge tho Grin
The only major problem I'm thinking of right now is, what is Hasbro gonna do? Are they going to drastically change the beys like they did with Metal Fury/4D only to then do something like Hyperblades again near the end of the series, and what about Beyloggers? As most of us know American companies like Hasbro who handle the production of merchandise from shows like Beyblade, tend to cut costs in the kind of materials they use and how like with almost every stadium Hasbro has come out with since Metal Fusion, the accuracy to how the one in the series is. Which brings me back to the Beyloggers, there is no guarantee that they will be producing them or if they do that their version will function just like the Japanese version does. I mean Hasbro didn't even produce a new light or string launcher for Shogun Steel/Zero G like Takara Tomy did (both of which were shown being used in the show). There's really no way to stop them from completely changing the way their version looks and functions compared to how they are in the show. It just really frustrates me that bladers and fans of the series like myself who can't afford to pay for the Japanese products, we get the "short end of the stick" when it comes to what Hasbro's products are like compared to Japan's.
We don't know what Hasbro will do. Unhappy
Yeah. They hopefully should stick rather close to the TT ways. For fear that it they may not sell well otherwise. They did pretty good on everything except stadiums and metal fury, so we should be kinda hopeful that they will not mess it up too bad, at least with the initial release
I am not too certain we did receive the results for this event, but perhaps we missed something, so be sure to point us to the right direction if you already submitted them, I suppose.
I tried distributing the Credits and Faces for this tournament, but it turns out that BanditMaj had no reason to be included in a tiebreaker with Ethanq42 and LeoneXD. Is there just a mistake in one of BanditMaj's matches where he should have been a winner instead of a loser, or is there really an error of miscalculation, @[Dark_Mousy] ? This affects only how many Credits will be given, thankfully.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jzgaO...96X1E/view
(Dec. 21, 2015  5:53 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I tried distributing the Credits and Faces for this tournament, but it turns out that BanditMaj had no reason to be included in a tiebreaker with Ethanq42 and LeoneXD. Is there just a mistake in one of BanditMaj's matches where he should have been a winner instead of a loser, or is there really an error of miscalculation, @[Dark_Mousy] ? This affects only how many Credits will be given, thankfully.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jzgaO...96X1E/view

It would just be a miscalculation. Whemever we judge a match its imeedistely put in the challonge.
Man, there are also two huge mistakes in the finals. When you have time, it will be important to correct the spreadsheet with the real battle results, so that they get processed properly when we end up with a Burst section in the Beypoint System.

And the Credits and Faces are all wrong in the sheet about them ...
OK, so the Faces and Credits have been given, with the exception of LeoneXD's because we have no idea who he is, it seems. I am also not certain at all that ginga#1 is the one who participated at this event considering that he has not logged in since the beginning of 2014 ... Can anyone confirm if he is really a new Member ?

And of course, as mentioned above, the spreadsheet really needs a lot of important corrections.
It was actually spelled Gingka#1 . He is on my referrals list. And LeoneXDZ also in my referrals.
Alright, thank you for clearing that up, ZachBob. The spreadsheet requires a lot of corrections though, since we may be processing Burst format results sooner than later ... I will move this to the Event Archive sub-forum just because so much has been processed about this tournament, but things will have to be fixed before another event can happen.