Raging Roktavor testing

I disagree with the rumor that Raging Roktavor is top-tier, and wanted to test it against four different beys. If it wins ¾ times I’ll agree. It seems to burst incredibly easily, but it has high stamina.

Raging Roktavor R2 HS testing:

VS: King Kerbeus K2 LP

R1 SF for Roktavor by 5 spins maybe?
R2 BF for Kerbeus in 3 hits. Roktavor bursts easily.
R3 N/A

Kerbeus because of burst.

VS: Wild Wyvern W2 VO

R1 ROF Roktavor wins
R2 SF Roktavor wins
R3 N/A

Not bad, but this is Wyvern we’re talking about. Roktavor didn’t even burst the king of bursting itself.

VS: Victory Valtryek V2 BV

R1 BF Valtryek V2 wins
R2 N/A
R3 N/A

Valtryek, VALTRYEK, wins. (If V2 was going to win, it would be by a burst)

Roktavor didn’t pass the test, but it will battle Spryzen S2 anyway. If it can win, I’ll give it Top Tier.

VS: Storm Spryzen S2 KU

R1 Somehow, Roktavor with a SF (Roktavor is good at SF, I’ll give it that.)
R2 Spryzen with a BF on Roktavor
R3 Let’s pretend this is a 3/5. Spryzen gets another Burst Finish.

So, I hope this is enough to convince you guys of Roktavor being maybe B-Tier at most, not S-Tier.
I don’t want to cause controversy with this thread, but if you disagree, please post below. I have had bad experiences with Roktavor R2, but maybe you guys have had different luck? This is my testing only, don't hate. Thanks! –Pankace04
Here's the thing
Tests against another beyblade should be at least 10-20 rounds, not just 3
(Jul. 13, 2017  11:20 PM)Mage Wrote: Here's the thing

And he has to test against recognized top tier combos in a Burst Standard Stadium. Only then can the results be valid. Use stuff like Roktavor R2 Heavy Variable or Gravity Revolve as your combos to test R2.
Ok, thanks for the tips. This is my first time testing, and I have won just once with Roktavor against a Variable phase two Valtryek V2. It won only because Valtryek pitted itself. And I was using a standard burst stadium for my tests. Could you guys tell me how to make my tests more accurate? Thanks!
(Jul. 14, 2017  12:04 AM)Pankace04 Wrote: Ok, thanks for the tips. This is my first time testing, and I have won just once with Roktavor against a Variable phase two Valtryek V2. It won only because Valtryek pitted itself. And I was using a standard burst stadium for my tests. Could you guys tell me how to make my tests more accurate? Thanks!

Just try to keep the beys at similar launch speeds. The Hasbro stadium is a bit less accurate but shouldn't skew results too much. Takara stadiums are really expensive anyways. Try to test R2 or whatever layer in attack, defense, and stamina setups to see it's strong points. Do 20 tests and count percentages.
(Jul. 13, 2017  11:26 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2017  11:20 PM)Mage Wrote: Here's the thing

And he has to test against recognized top tier combos in a Burst Standard Stadium. Only then can the results be valid. Use stuff like Roktavor R2 Heavy Variable or Gravity Revolve as your combos to test R2.

gravity is very prone to bursting maybe down or knuckle would be better.if it has high stamina but low burst defense then maybe it could shine as a staller on a setup like Hasbro R2 knuckle zephyr. also i think on whatever setup u are testing R2(whether u r testing it as an attack or stamina type or a staller) test it against the following top tier combos for 20 rounds.
i would suggest that u test hsasbro R2 on these setups against those combos i have mentioned
 hasbro R2 knuckle/down/heavy variable/extreme/ accel (use sliding shoot method to launch it)
hasbro R2 knuckle/down/heavy survive (launch it in the middle of the stadium like a standard stamina or defense type with full power)
hasbro R2 knuckle/spread/gravity zephyr/accel this combo is a staller so launch it in such a way that it rides the tornado ridge and avoids contact with the opponent.
Stamina
yedrion/kerbeus knuckle/gravity/spread survive

Defense
unicorn/kaiser kerbeus heavy/knuckle/down survive

Attack
Valtryek/valtryek V2/Roktavor heavy/gravity/knuckle accel/zephyr/extreme.
(Jul. 14, 2017  12:07 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2017  12:04 AM)Pankace04 Wrote: Ok, thanks for the tips. This is my first time testing, and I have won just once with Roktavor against a Variable phase two Valtryek V2. It won only because Valtryek pitted itself. And I was using a standard burst stadium for my tests. Could you guys tell me how to make my tests more accurate? Thanks!

Just try to keep the beys at similar launch speeds. The Hasbro stadium is a bit less accurate but shouldn't skew results too much. Takara stadiums are really expensive anyways. Try to test R2 or whatever layer in attack, defense, and stamina setups to see it's strong points. Do 20 tests and count percentages.

Ok, thanks. I had my sister use non-Roktavor beys, so Roktavor was actually launched harder than it's competition. I'll try some of the combos, do longer tests, and get back here. Thanks! (Would videos be helpful or not really?)

I think Roktavor R2 is only really good in Stamina/attack setups. I can't really see defense, and with R2 VO I had a low success rate.
(Jul. 14, 2017  2:08 PM)Pankace04 Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2017  12:07 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Just try to keep the beys at similar launch speeds. The Hasbro stadium is a bit less accurate but shouldn't skew results too much. Takara stadiums are really expensive anyways. Try to test R2 or whatever layer in attack, defense, and stamina setups to see it's strong points. Do 20 tests and count percentages.

Ok, thanks. I had my sister use non-Roktavor beys, so Roktavor was actually launched harder than it's competition. I'll try some of the combos, do longer tests, and get back here. Thanks! (Would videos be helpful or not really?)

I think Roktavor R2 is only really good in Stamina/attack setups. I can't really see defense, and with R2 VO I had a low success rate.

yup videos would be helpful if u can make and post one.also are u using orbit?using TT drivers on a hasbro layer makes it illegal.
Orbit on what? I know TT with Hasbro is illegal and I'm not using it. I am using orbit from Wyvron W-2 on Wyvron W-2. This orbit is Hasbro, and not illegal. I would like to use Takara drivers, but I know not to. I will try to post soon, but I just moved. My arena will arrive in two days, it's an attack type arena, but right now I'm using a frisbee as an arena and it will not be accurate. I will try to post in the next week. Some of my family is coming to visit but I will try my best! It might not be orbit but I thought that Wybron W-2 you had orbit as a driver. Correct me if I'm wrong please! : )
(Jul. 16, 2017  1:55 AM)Pankace04 Wrote: Orbit on what? I know TT with Hasbro  is illegal and I'm not using it. I am using orbit from Wyvron W-2 on Wyvron W-2. This orbit is Hasbro, and not illegal. I would like to use Takara drivers, but I know not to. I will try to post soon, but I just moved. My arena will arrive in two days, it's an attack type arena, but right now I'm using a frisbee as an arena and it will not be accurate. I will try to post in the next week. Some of my family is coming to visit but I will try my best! It might not be orbit but I thought that Wybron W-2 you had orbit as a driver. Correct me if I'm wrong please! : )

Hasbro Wyvron W2 has Massive instead of Orbit
Hasbro will make a Orbit with A2 though
Can't wait, I was confused. Z2 has orbit, not W2. Right. I like massive fine though. What do you guys think about K2 Heavy Massive? Would that be good? I haven't lost with it yet, but just made it yesterday. How many stars would you give it out of 5? Also, with Deathscyther banned is Doomscizor any good?
(Jul. 16, 2017  2:45 AM)Pankace04 Wrote: Can't wait, I was confused. Z2 has orbit, not W2. Right. I like massive fine though. What do you guys think about K2 Heavy Massive? Would that be good? I haven't lost with it yet, but just made it yesterday. How many stars would you give it out of 5? Also, with Deathscyther banned is Doomscizor any good?

z2 has weight not orbit

doomscizor got nerfed so it bursts almost every battle. it straight up sucks
(Jul. 16, 2017  2:45 AM)Pankace04 Wrote: Can't wait, I was confused. Z2 has orbit, not W2. Right. I like massive fine though. What do you guys think about K2 Heavy Massive? Would that be good? I haven't lost with it yet, but just made it yesterday. How many stars would you give it out of 5? Also, with Deathscyther banned is Doomscizor any good?

I'd give ur combo a 3/5
K2 as a layer has very poor stamina(would be better if replaced with Kerbeus) and Massive can be replaced with Survive or maybe even Zephyr to make it a tornado staller

Massive is outclassed by basically every other defensive driver. Survive, Defense and even Needle or Press are better alternatives. Massive can be easily thrown around by attack types due to to it's larger circumference but at the same time has higher friction with the stadium making it less burst resistant. I am currently testing Hasbro's defensive drivers (Press, Defense, Needle, Survive, Revolve and Massive) and Massive so far is the worst in KO resistance and the second worst in burst resistance (only to my badly worn Revolve that needs replacing).
(Jul. 14, 2017  8:49 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2017  11:26 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: And he has to test against recognized top tier combos in a Burst Standard Stadium. Only then can the results be valid. Use stuff like Roktavor R2 Heavy Variable or Gravity Revolve as your combos to test R2.

gravity is very prone to bursting maybe down or knuckle would be better.if it has high stamina but low burst defense then maybe it could shine as a staller on a setup like Hasbro R2 knuckle zephyr. also i think on whatever setup u are testing R2(whether u r testing it as an attack or stamina type or a staller) test it against the following top tier combos for 20 rounds.
i would suggest that u test hsasbro R2 on these setups against those combos i have mentioned
 hasbro R2 knuckle/down/heavy variable/extreme/ accel (use sliding shoot method to launch it)
hasbro R2 knuckle/down/heavy survive (launch it in the middle of the stadium like a standard stamina or defense type with full power)
hasbro R2 knuckle/spread/gravity zephyr/accel this combo is a staller so launch it in such a way that it rides the tornado ridge and avoids contact with the opponent.
Stamina

Defense

Attack

Gravity isn't as prone to bursting though. Its surely less resistant then Knuckle but not as huge margin. And also note 1 thing Tornado Stallers are more prone to attackers due to they are moving (everything that moves someday meets tornado rdidge so #BeyzingFIRESTORM) unless you have faster launch and can dodge it.

@[Pankace04] You need to do a 10/20 rounds test in Takara Tomy stadium (Standard Type only) to back up your test. And Ragtovor is top-tier on Attack drivers.

BTW just asking you using Single layer one or Ragtovor R2?
(Jul. 16, 2017  7:03 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2017  8:49 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: gravity is very prone to bursting maybe down or knuckle would be better.if it has high stamina but low burst defense then maybe it could shine as a staller on a setup like Hasbro R2 knuckle zephyr. also i think on whatever setup u are testing R2(whether u r testing it as an attack or stamina type or a staller) test it against the following top tier combos for 20 rounds.
Stamina

Defense

Attack

Gravity isn't as prone to bursting though. Its surely less resistant then Knuckle but not as huge margin. And also note 1 thing Tornado Stallers are more prone to attackers due to they are moving (everything that moves someday meets tornado rdidge so #BeyzingFIRESTORM) unless you have faster launch and can dodge it.

@[Pankace04] You need to do a 10/20 rounds test in Takara Tomy stadium (Standard Type only) to back up your test. And Ragtovor is top-tier on Attack drivers.

hes using R2
(Jul. 16, 2017  9:25 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2017  7:03 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Gravity isn't as prone to bursting though. Its surely less resistant then Knuckle but not as huge margin. And also note 1 thing Tornado Stallers are more prone to attackers due to they are moving (everything that moves someday meets tornado rdidge so #BeyzingFIRESTORM) unless you have faster launch and can dodge it.

hes using R2

Oh I see. Pankace04 we meant Ragotovor single layer is top tier not R2 lol
(Jul. 16, 2017  9:54 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2017  9:25 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: hes using R2

Oh I see. Pankace04 we meant Ragotovor single layer is top tier not R2 lol

hasbro r2 hasnt been tested so maybe tmight be good.
Oh. I agree that R1 is top tier, but R2 is TERRIBLE. Try it out against any Bey, instant burst or Ring Out. I'm sorry I got so mad, I just really believed that R2 was bad and wanted to prove it. Maybe I just said Roktavor and not Roktavor R2? Thanks!