RS vs. RDF vs. RB vs. CS vs. RSF : Rubber Tip Stamina Comparison

[Image: imag0657f.jpg]

RS vs. RDF vs. RB vs. CS vs. RSF
A Rubber Defense Tip Stamina Comparison

Per a request from Th!nk, I did some tests to see which of the rubber defensive tips spin the longest compared to one another.

The tests were 20 rounds each with all ties and KOs redone.

Both Beyblades were Duo Hades AD145___, and every five rounds I swapped the tips.

The results seem to imply that the tips' stamina go in the following order:

CS >= RSF > RB > RS > RDF

Test Results

CS: 81.3% Average
CS Results (Click to View)

RSF: 77.5% Average
RSF Results (Click to View)

RB: 66.3% Average
RB Results (Click to View)

RS: 25% Average
RS Results (Click to View)

RDF: 0% Average
RDF Results (Click to View)

Video

Really? RDF did that bad? I'm assuming that if you want a defensive tip with the most stamina, CS would be the best. Exactly how did RDF do that bad?
(Mar. 02, 2013  10:17 PM)PikaBlader15 Wrote: Really? RDF did that bad? I'm assuming that if you want a defensive tip with the most stamina, CS would be the best. Exactly how did RDF do that bad?

It just straight-up stops spinning before all of the other tips. The RS results are what really surprised me.

EDIT: I can make a video if it's desired

Note that RDF would be absolute king if you're facing something spinning the opposite direction.
So RDF is good against left, but not against right, right? Also, a video would be great, although it would take a while.

Edit: Assuming RDF is right and opponent is left.
It seems that CS would be the best. Nice tests Ingulit! I had really high hopes for RDF, but it did bad... Maybe you can also make a thread on EWD, WD, PD, D, and SD? Overall, great tests. Smile
Great testing! I still can't believe RDF did that bad tho! I thought for sure RB would be last!
I just finished recording a video and am uploading it to Youtube now!

EDIT: carp, this is taking forever to upload and I have to go to a dance. I'll leave the video uploading and I'll post the link this evening.
Well RDF is a bulky piece of rubber. It is notable soft too, so I'm not that surprised it did so horrible for stamina.
Stamina-wise, RDF is only good for its ability to precess, which is useful when facing opponents in the opposite spin direction. This is part of the reason why combos like L Drago Destroy, L Drago Guardian, ____ Dragooon, etc. BD145RDF were/are popular.
I'm still shocked RDF lost to RS, it always seemed better to me... I'll take a look at it myself when I get time, haha.

Anyway, thank you so much for doing these. I really appreciate it, we've needed something more concrete like this for quite a while.
Nice video, maybe because of RS point, it creates a smaller amount of surface area, incresing stamina. (Of course, this is probably new, but I've only been on here for sveral months, so yeah...)
So many people didn't believe me when I said that RB has unusual stamina for a rubber tip and was better than RS and RDF haha.

Great tests either way Ingulit! Surprised that RDF lost to RS considering dat wobble, but your tests are not lies so it's all good.

If needed I can try to put up a comparison on Friday, seeing how I have all of these tips. However, it will be hell to sit through, so if you actually need it I will do it.
(Mar. 04, 2013  12:40 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: So many people didn't believe me when I said that RB has unusual stamina for a rubber tip and was better than RS and RDF haha.

Really? I thought it was a known fact since not long after Jade Jupiter came out that RB has unusually high Stamina. I remember even beating some CS-based combos with it back then.
I feel that it's a bit unfair for RDF since opposite spin battles are still relatively common. If you could do similar tests but with opposite spin wheels, that'd be great. Gravity left vs Gravity right for example.
It'd basically be the same but with RDF at the top, I'd think. Everyone knows about RDF's LAD and how that works for opposite spin matchups at this point anyway.

Kei: Ga was basically the one who publicised the fact, haha.
Great tests! This is very helpful for us blader's.
I'm surprised that RSF did pretty well..
Anyway, thanks for this awesome test!
(Mar. 04, 2013  10:47 AM)Real Madrid Wrote: Great tests! This is very helpful for us blader's.
I'm surprised that RSF did pretty well..
Anyway, thanks for this awesome test!

The issue with RSF is that its defense is very similar to CS's (based on those old tests we had as well as my informal observations from messing around with MF-H Duo Cancer E230__ vs MF-H Flash Escolpio GB145R2F the other day). I'm not entirely sure why it does so poorly defensively, but it really doesn't seem significantly better than CS, at least in that setup (and I've seen similar with BD145, too, though testing would be nice...)

There's also the whole two versions of RSF thing, but they both seem very similar defensively to me, dunno about stamina though.
(Mar. 04, 2013  6:45 AM)Uwik Wrote: I feel that it's a bit unfair for RDF since opposite spin battles are still relatively common. If you could do similar tests but with opposite spin wheels, that'd be great. Gravity left vs Gravity right for example.

(Mar. 04, 2013  6:57 AM)th!nk Wrote: It'd basically be the same but with RDF at the top, I'd think. Everyone knows about RDF's LAD and how that works for opposite spin matchups at this point anyway.

Yes probably, but might as well put an end to any assumption once and for all. Opposite spin stamina battles (Spin equalizing battles) are still stamina battles. It's as important as same spin stamina battles.

Also Ingulit, you did swap the bottoms mid battle right? Since no 2 wheels are identical performance-wise, despite them being the same wheel. Especially in 4Ds.
Yeah, he said on facebook while he was testing that he switched them every five rounds.

Out of curiosity, what setups would you advise for opposite spin testing that would give useful, valid and reliable results?
Like Th!nk said, I swapped tips every five rounds.

I think Gravity vs. Gravity would be the only really fair way to test left vs. right. I can totally do that, but getting those results will take a good while since there will likely be a lot more KOs that'd have to be discarded.
The contact points of gravity are still different in opposite spin, particularly the sloped sections, which I recall having an effect on its performance, so at the very least run some control tests first to see if there's a major difference that will interfere with results...
Maybe you can test it with BD145? So there won't be any KOs.
But I know it's hard to have 2 same BD145..
Maybe also use the Stamina Perseus clear wheel (if you have it, of course) to reduce recoil and KO's?