RS Discussion

sorta seems RS makes smash attack combos have little use Pinching_eyes
looking foward to seeing results agaisnt quetz

thanks for the testing kei ^^
Definatly gonna have to get one now.
Okay i get it's 'rubber', but what does the S stand for in RS?
Why not try searching around first? The answer is easily found.
(Aug. 31, 2010  10:52 AM)momiji manju Wrote: Why not try searching around first? The answer is easily found.
uh yeah RS is to short for the search function and i have no clue what blade it's from....so yeah not searching it up anytime soon...well not without someone at least telling me the blade it's from...
Grand Ketos T125/WD145RS

I asked this same question here:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...#pid344309
So...Rubber sharp then huh? interesting. i think thoguh due to wear/tear i'll stick to Wide ball for a while.
The only way to get one is through a random booster and even then there's no certainty or you could buy it separatly but that will be expensive, they could $70 separatly on Ebay.com. Sonokong might release it separatly though which is what everyone else is hoping cause they did that with Earth virgo which was from a random booster too.
hmm? sonokong...earth virgo...thanks i needed that info.

and dont worry if i do go for an RS, i'll be willing to buy my way through to it.
(Aug. 31, 2010  5:33 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2010  5:29 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Oh carp... I wonder how MF Libra GB145RS will perform...

Uhh yeah, sorry guys ... Libra is not getting reinstated lol.

That's what I thought.

It'd be interesting to see results vs. Libra ...RS if you have time though.
Preferably against something like MF Lightning L Drago 90/100RF/R2F and the 'Libra Killer' MF Pegasis 145RF if you can.
That's what I thought too. My libra will never see tournament play I guess. I don't think MF pegasis 145RF would do very well against MF libra GB145/R145RS since it didn't do well against the other combos with RS for the bottom.
(Aug. 31, 2010  2:18 PM)megablader2 Wrote: That's what I thought too. My libra will never see tournament play I guess. I don't think MF pegasis 145RF would do very well against MF libra GB145/R145RS since it didn't do well against the other combos with RS for the bottom.

Yeah, but confirmation of it would still be nice and see how it'd compare to the low attackers.

Maybe there'll eventually be plans to ban RS too [Image: teehee.gif]
I really hope not. This will make Defence usable again cause it was getting crushed by all the new attack combos.
i thought rs would be KO easily but i guess not
Can anyone who has RS make a video? Eg MF Earth bull/Aquario GB145 vs MF pegasis 145RF.
MF Earth Aquario GB145RS vs. MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF (145 height)
MF Earth Aquario GB145RS: 8 wins
MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF: 1 win
1 draw
RS win percentage: 89%

MF Earth Aquario GB145RS vs. Quetzalcoatl 90RF
MF Earth Aquario GB145RS: 5 wins
Quetzalcoatl 90RF: 0 wins
RS win percentage: 100%

MF Earth Aquario GB145RS vs. Quetzalcoatl 90R2F
MF Earth Aquario GB145RS: 9 wins
Quetzalcoatl 90R2F: 1 win
RS win percentage: 90%

Didn't want to do too many tests, as I don't want my RS to wear down so quickly, but these should be telling enough.

MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF did surprisingly poor against the RS custom, though I do suppose this can be attributed to the fact that, unlike MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F, it has trouble knocking RS off balance. Knocking RS off balance was the key to MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F's success against RS, I think; it becomes easier to KO (and outspin) that way.

As for Quetzalcoatl, while it was able to lift MF Earth Aquario GB145RS considerably at the beginning of battles, it wasn't able to send it flying any considerable distance.

(Aug. 31, 2010  2:24 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Maybe there'll eventually be plans to ban RS too [Image: teehee.gif]

Naah, I doubt it. RS has as many flaws as it goes strengths.
ok, so defense is able now... but attack :\ all the top tier attack combos doing too poorly now . we need to try this against force smash and destabilizers
(Aug. 31, 2010  5:28 PM)mchlbant Wrote: ok, so defense is able now... but attack :\ all the top tier attack combos doing too poorly now . we need to try this against force smash and destabilizers

Umm ...

(Aug. 31, 2010  5:08 AM)Kei Wrote: MF Earth Aquario R145RS vs. MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F
MF Earth Aquario R145RS: 3 wins
MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F: 15 wins
2 draws
RS win percentage: 17%

MF Earth Aquario GB145RS vs. MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F
MF Earth Aquario GB145RS: 9 wins
MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F: 9 wins
2 wins
RS win percentage: 50%

Though we have been getting much higher win percentages for Attack types recently before RS was released, 50% is still quite good for an Attack type versus a Defense type.

And I haven't done testing yet, but I can pretty much guarantee that destabilizers will obliterate RS due to it's poor balance and stamina.
haha sorry i didn't know those were destabilizers
(Aug. 31, 2010  6:47 PM)mchlbant Wrote: haha sorry i didn't know those were destabilizers

What? You mean MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F? It destabilizes, yes, but it isn't really designed to be a destabilizer, and only works in that fashion because of RS's poor balance. It's an Attack type.
Kei, If you don't mind, could you possibly test MF Quetz CH120CS against the RS combos?
I don't have an RS, and I'd like to see how it would perform.
(Aug. 31, 2010  9:05 PM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: Kei, If you don't mind, could you possibly test MF Quetz CH120CS against the RS combos?
I don't have an RS, and I'd like to see how it would perform.

My CS has always acted funny, so any tests I conduct with it would not really be valid ... I need to get a new one.
Honestly, if RS has poor stamina, CS may become the new staple attack bottom. IMHO at least.
Ha, I went to sleep last night thinking what combo's might have a high win rate against RS and came up with CS based combos and destabilizers, seems as though I've been beaten to the punch Pinching_eyes_2

To be honest I'm still a little worried about the preliminary testing of RS and how it's indicating how much of a game breaking piece this may soon quickly become, this could turn out to be the whole Libra issue all over again; turning the game into rock, paper, scissors. Who knows, I could be jumping the gun a little as we need more testing against RS using non-conventional attack type combinations such as CS and destabilizers, but the signs are there.

Or at the very least this could transform the game to becoming orientated around destabilizers, spin stealers and low height stamina combos.
This is great.

RS really gives Defense customs that boost they needed. Not that they are hurting currently, but this definatly helps them out. RF apparently has no effect on it, but R2F seems to do well. R2F should be looked more into to be used against combos with RS.

If bladers begin using RS, there will possibly be an increase of bladers using F or XF, simply to maintain some sort of Stamina to outlast RS. Using F may sacrifice some offensive power, but sometimes it is worth it.

CS will probably be best though. Cant say for sure though, I really hope to see some testing of combos using CS against combos using RS.