RC (Radio Control) Cars / Planes / Anything!

(Nov. 22, 2011  1:18 AM)Nano Wrote: I had a bunch when I was little

Now they sell X Mods instead Uncertain

There are normal XMods, then thousands of messages were sent to Radioshack to bring back ZipZaps.

Then they brought back the ZipZaps, exept they call them Xmods.
They are exactly the same.
Same motor, Same gear, same features, Same everything exept different box, name and controller.
And price, size, speed and tricks you can do?
From the videos I've seen, they're bigger, faster, and can drift.
I have Conquistador Nitro RC Monster Truck SKU: A3003T. Its just amazing, it makes short work of even the toughest terrains. If you are looking to race through mud, grass and even sand then this is the model for you with its long extra tough alloy shocks, bigger engine and stronger chassis

For more information click here.
My grand pa purchase a Radio control racing car for me. it uses 4 AA battery package power for the car and a 9V for the radio control. I've been using it for time and it's still going powerful. With frequent RCs', there a 4 time "quick" renew power supply.
aged care toowoomba
I enjoy radio controlled cars. I mainly buy Tamiya. The reason I mainly buy Tamiya is when I went to London, I saw Tamiya kits in Hamleys and then I saw some Tamiyas on the Gadget Show. I now have 4 Tamiya cars; the Lunch Box, the Roadhawk, the Blackfoot(not sure which one) and I have just ordered the holiday buggy kit. I find the lunchbox is hard to control and the Blackfoot is great at mud and off-road but I ordered the holiday buggy red edition for the beach as it is more suited to that kind of terrain I think
Over here in India, most of them get spoilt easily, others are quite expensive. So, I started making my own cars- first with a simple motor, then forward backward movement cars and finally a multi-directional one. It was fun making them. Although the car's outer-designs,i.e. Body were really bad.
I actually have a hobby people runner SC and jamming nitro scrt10. 4x4 and a lot of toy grade cars
I also have a hobby of racing rc cars at a track open on the weekends and have a short course truck.
I have a large collection of R/C cars and aircraft; I have a whole lot of cars, including one that goes about 20mph and cost me only $40. I also have an R/C airplane, but it's currently sitting unused in my garage because a tiny bracket fell of the tail assembly, which resulted in the elevator servo becoming disconnected. I will order a new tail as soon as I stop being cheap and actually spend the $7 it costs to replace.

EDIT: random funny thing-
My first R/C airplane, an Air Hogs something-or-other, lasted about ten minutes until my nine-year-old self managed to batter it to a pulp against the house.
An ongoing project I've had since october 2012, a 1/10th Batmobile. To be 4 stroke nitro powered by an OS FS56a plane engine so plenty of torque.

The picture below is the chassis and bodywork which weighs approximately 4kg! Lightening the design with the use of aluminium is key to it being useable haha. Enjoy!

well should have found this thread first, my RC collection:
Tacon Thriller 1/14 scale SCT from nitrorcx
Quantum Vandal 1/10 scale buggy from hobby king
Traxxas mini slash 1/16 scale
Pretty soon im gonna have these three models, they are on order (Whats taking them so long! its been 3 weeks havent received it)
Traxxas E-REVO 1/8 scale
Traxxas summit 1/8 scale
and the traxxas XO-1
might as well becuase im here, any information on the Tacon Thriller SCT 1/14 scale? Because upgrades or a link to someone who sells lipo batteries for this car would rock!
please feel free to ask me questions about R/C stuff, I have been into R/C for 5 years now, and have won 3 competitions.

(Nov. 10, 2011  7:13 PM)Cygnus Wrote: I used to play with them sort of stuff. I once got a remote control helicopter for Christmas and I opened it and decided to take it for a 'test flight'. So I stand there, getting ready to launch it. I then press the button, it hits the roof and falls down to the ground, broken.
ya, NEVER gun the throttle, as well as its tough on the battery, it probably will crash your heli!

(Nov. 10, 2011  8:51 PM)Nano Wrote: You make it sound like they don't.

I have owned many RC Helis over the years.
• Airhogs Havic Heli (Limited Target addition)
• Airhogs Reflex
• Airhogs Havic Heli
• Airhogs Havic Stinger
• Syma S107G

My favorite was the Syma. Airhogs is not a good company to buy helis from. Same goes with most of their products.

Sadly, my Syma is broken. I think the battery got disconnected, which should be easy to fix.
I even modded it to go faster. I took the rear propeller from a Havic Heli,and put it on the Syma. I then turned it upside down, to make it function correctly.
Such a nice little toy :]
Syma S107G? i have it, dont try and replace the battery, its hard enough getting it out without shorting the battery, plus its not worth replacing, the whole helicopter costs only 29$
sorry for triple post, im excited about threads like these! EDIT: if you really wanna go insane, get a fixed pitch helicopter, they can fly inverted sideways, any direction!
Anyone else into hobby grade rc these days?
(Oct. 29, 2020  7:24 PM)YishYash Wrote: Anyone else into hobby grade rc these days?

Replying the the asked question I don't have a speedometer and a speedometer test would useless because its just flips lol also to get a Teton to go 70 is going to be very very hard dang near impossible
I always wanted to get a RC plane. May get one for Christmas. Also battleship RC’s that fire at each other is something I really want too.
(Oct. 29, 2020  8:48 PM)Phantomflame Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2020  7:24 PM)YishYash Wrote: Anyone else into hobby grade rc these days?

Relying 5he the asked question I don't have a speedometer and a speedometer test would useless because its just flips lol also to get a Teton to go 70 is going to be very very hard dang near impossible

yeah lol flips are a big issue for me too. also it does seem pretty impossible that the teton can go anywhere near 70 so i want to just try it out for the heck of it. im curious to see what happens. maybe twin brushless might do the trick, a better body, 6s, ill try anything.
(Oct. 30, 2020  1:15 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2020  8:48 PM)Phantomflame Wrote: Relying 5he the asked question I don't have a speedometer and a speedometer test would useless because its just flips lol also to get a Teton to go 70 is going to be very very hard dang near impossible

yeah lol flips are a big issue for me too. also it does seem pretty impossible that the teton can go anywhere near 70 so i want to just try it out for the heck of it. im curious to see what happens. maybe twin brushless might do the trick, a better body, 6s, ill try anything.

Yeah try a wedge body maybe some weights but twin brushless is not really gonna increase speed just torque and you don't need more you actually need less to prevent flipping
(Oct. 30, 2020  1:53 PM)Phantomflame Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2020  1:15 PM)YishYash Wrote: yeah lol flips are a big issue for me too. also it does seem pretty impossible that the teton can go anywhere near 70 so i want to just try it out for the heck of it. im curious to see what happens. maybe twin brushless might do the trick, a better body, 6s, ill try anything.

Yeah try a wedge body maybe some weights but twin brushless is not really gonna increase speed just torque and you don't need more you actually need less to prevent flipping

Ah, that makes sense. I was thinking of running 2 motors with 2 pinions on a single spur but it does sound like it will increase torque significantly. I will probably need a lot of downforce so yeah a wedge body would be important. Delta plastik made this: https://deltaplastikusa.com/collections/...6-and-1-18 so im thinking of using that as the body. Maybe get contact foams for the rear and some other foams for the front. Weights I think im gonna need as well. I dont think this small 1/18th is gonna stay on the ground too long. For the front and rear I was thinking of using the latrax rally bumpers and all the parts needed to mount it since the bumper is foam.
By the way, ive noticed alot of similarities between the latrax and the slash platform. Latrax is basically micro slash. Telluride = Teton, Latrax Rally = Traxxas Rally, and Slash = Prerunner/SST. I can try and copy what people on yt do with their slash speedrun cars.
Btw, do you think its possible to move the motor location to where the esc and reciever are in that pic? i already have them moved to where the batteries are meant to be stored and I keep the battery where the esc/reciever used to be. I can try and expand the chassis to fit 2 batteries, one on each side as well to help out. I'm also thinking of getting a new transmitter and receiver, specifically the Dumborc x6 with the gyro. Its gonna be tough to get this at high speeds so its gonna be alot of trial and error.
Yeah as long as the pinion has the right mesh with the spur the motor can be pretty much anywhere but keeping it stable is the problem but if you manage to do that it should be fine
Also you might wanna look into these https://www.activepowersports.com/castle...medium=cse

https://m.banggood.com/Hobbywing-EZRUN-M...0QQAvD_BwE

They are a bit pricy but these two together are amazing i use these on my slash and sometimes on my rustler
My slash goes about 60 with these and stock gearing with the speed pinion can probably hit 70
(Oct. 30, 2020  5:31 PM)Phantomflame Wrote: Yeah as long as the pinion has the right mesh with the spur the motor can be pretty much anywhere but keeping it stable is the problem but if you manage to do that it should be fine
Also you might wanna look into these https://www.activepowersports.com/castle...medium=cse

They are a bit pricy but these two together are amazing i use these on my slash and sometimes on my rustler
My slash goes about 60 with these and stock gearing with the speed pinion can probably hit 70
Ah, those look real good. How much cells can that take? I'll look into it but it seems a bit pricey for me.
(Nov. 02, 2020  2:40 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2020  5:31 PM)Phantomflame Wrote: Yeah as long as the pinion has the right mesh with the spur the motor can be pretty much anywhere but keeping it stable is the problem but if you manage to do that it should be fine

Ah, those look real good. How much cells can that take? I'll look into it but it seems a bit pricey for me.

It can take 4s although I don't recommend it runs best on 3s i have this video that shows some of the power you'll get on 3s 
https://youtu.be/e2kFT9moKVg