Questions about the WBO

Is it possible for me to buy the world beyblade organization
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:17 AM)Attila Wrote: Is it possible for me to buy the world beyblade organization

Yes, with C A P I T A L I S M

Seriously though, I'm not sure why you would want to buy the WBO...
(Oct. 15, 2021  4:10 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:17 AM)Attila Wrote: Is it possible for me to buy the world beyblade organization

Yes, with C A P I T A L I S M

Il pay my way out of my ban, and then allow nsfw content. Thats my evil plan right there 😈
(Oct. 15, 2021  4:41 AM)Attila Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  4:10 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Yes, with C A P I T A L I S M

Il pay my way out of my ban, and then allow nsfw content. Thats my evil plan right there 😈

I will not let you turn this site into 4chan! I will recruit the bravest WBO members to form an alliance that will put an end to your evil!

...wait a minute, isn't that the plot of BurningSands's fanfic? Welp, I'll just prepare for the copyright infringement...
(Oct. 15, 2021  4:56 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  4:41 AM)Attila Wrote: Il pay my way out of my ban, and then allow nsfw content. Thats my evil plan right there 😈

I will not let you turn this site into 4chan! I will recruit the bravest WBO members to form an alliance that will put an end to your evil!

...wait a minute, isn't that the plot of BurningSands's fanfic? Welp, I'll just prepare for the copyright infringement...

I WILL JOIN YOUR TEAM!!!!!
YOU WILL NEVER SUCCEED ATTILA!

I think you'll need permission. And I doubt the WBO would allow being bought by you. 
Also who actually owns WBO?
The WBO is owned by Fighting Spirits Inc., an NFPO registered in Canada. I believe the directors consist of Kei, Mana and Bey Brad. Buying it would be very complicated. If you want something similar that you have control over, you can try to create a splinter. Doing so to be a creep about a kids tv show where the characters are underage would perhaps be inadvisable, regardless of your own age, and even making jokes about it on a site where parents may view it is something I would consider exceptionally poor form.

As for how it is run, used to be that the committee mostly decided organisational matters collectively (though IIRC a couple people had votes weighted a little more heavily), obviously since this organisational change I couldn't say exactly how everything is really run, especially given I have been away a while. At least nowadays we have people like Shindog and Wombat who are quite active within the community. It is a big improvement, and I do hope they do get consideration internally because they are more in touch with much of the community than those who don't really interact (and face more direct criticism because of it). But, it's not really my place to say, I guess 😅
Hey guys I've been away for a little while and I see somethings have changed. Such as "fighting spirits inc." I'm assuming also some kind of connection to mall of toys and a few other things. While I have a few questions, I'd rather just as this one first,

Would there ever be a WBO app? I see there is now a discord but I'm talking about an app dedicated to the site.
(Oct. 31, 2021  8:28 PM)Latios300000 Wrote: Hey guys I've been away for a little while and I see somethings have changed. Such as "fighting spirits inc." I'm assuming also some kind of connection to mall of toys and a few other things. While I have a few questions, I'd rather just as this one first,

Would there ever be a WBO app? I see there is now a discord but I'm talking about an app dedicated to the site.

Why would it need an app?
(Nov. 01, 2021  1:10 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2021  8:28 PM)Latios300000 Wrote: Hey guys I've been away for a little while and I see somethings have changed. Such as "fighting spirits inc." I'm assuming also some kind of connection to mall of toys and a few other things. While I have a few questions, I'd rather just as this one first,

That way, most of us won't have to connect to the internet, open Google, type in "World Beyblade Organisation", click on the link to the site, then sign in EVERY SINGLE DAY. Btw, I'm not trying to sound like a smartass or anything, I'm just making a point.
Coding is already hard enough and the mods dont really have a reason to make an app. Making an app, like making a game or website, required just as much coding effort. The staff members here already have a lot on their plate and I wouldnt pressure them into making an app

Im not sure how many people are in the same position as me, but I kinda dont sign into the website everyday. The button that remembers my login info and account works just as much as it works on laptop. And theres not a lot of major complications that come with using the WBO on mobile. Idk, I am mostly a mobile person so perhaps I am used to it
(Nov. 01, 2021  1:22 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  1:10 AM)th!nk Wrote: Why would it need an app?

That way, most of us won't have to connect to the internet, open Google, type in "World Beyblade Organisation", click on the link to the site, then sign in EVERY SINGLE DAY. Btw, I'm not trying to sound like a smartass or anything, I'm just making a point.

Save a bookmark of the page to your home screen (idk if this works on iOS mind EDIT: apparently it does). Also if I type the letter W my browser auto suggests it.
(Nov. 01, 2021  2:24 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  1:22 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: That way, most of us won't have to connect to the internet, open Google, type in "World Beyblade Organisation", click on the link to the site, then sign in EVERY SINGLE DAY. Btw, I'm not trying to sound like a smartass or anything, I'm just making a point.

Save a bookmark of the page to your home screen (idk if this works on iOS mind EDIT: apparently it does). Also if I type the letter W my browser auto suggests it.

Ooh, I didn't know that lol. Thanks.
(Nov. 01, 2021  1:22 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:

Between my phone and my PC (I never close the tab on my phone, on PC I have a bookmark), I've never had to log back in. If you're not staying logged in, you're either signing in via an incognito tab, or you've never checked off "Remember Me" when signing in. Besides, is it really that much work to type "beyblade wbo" into google?
(Nov. 01, 2021  1:10 AM)th!nk Wrote:

To make connecting easier with replies, posting, etc.

(Nov. 01, 2021  1:46 AM)BurningSands Wrote: Coding is already hard enough and the mods dont really have a reason to make an app. Making an app, like making a game or website, required just as much coding effort. The staff members here already have a lot on their plate and I wouldnt pressure them into making an app

Im not sure how many people are in the same position as me, but I kinda dont sign into the website everyday. The button that remembers my login info and account works just as much as it works on laptop. And theres not a lot of major complications that come with using the WBO on mobile. Idk, I am mostly a mobile person so perhaps I am used to it

Well that's what I'm thinking cuz a lot of times you might post something, but since there is no app, you don't get the notification and if your having a busy day or week, you don't log in and don't see the reply.

I know everyone is busy and has their lives but I was just wondering if an app was something the team had been thinking of within the last 2 years of me not logging in here
(Nov. 01, 2021  4:47 AM)Latios300000 Wrote:

To make connecting easier with replies, posting, etc.

(Nov. 01, 2021  1:46 AM)BurningSands Wrote: Coding is already hard enough and the mods dont really have a reason to make an app. Making an app, like making a game or website, required just as much coding effort. The staff members here already have a lot on their plate and I wouldnt pressure them into making an app

Well that's what I'm thinking cuz a lot of times you might post something, but since there is no app, you don't get the notification and if your having a busy day or week, you don't log in and don't see the reply.

I know everyone is busy and has their lives but I was just wondering if an app was something the team had been thinking of within the last 2 years of me not logging in here

How is it any easier than just bookmarking the website to your home screen? That way you can use browser add-ons as well. A lot of the reason for apps being preferred by sites is to prevent adblock etc. For the WBO, I don't see a return on the significant effort required.
(Nov. 01, 2021  4:43 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  1:22 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: That way, most of us won't have to connect to the internet, open Google, type in "World Beyblade Organisation", click on the link to the site, then sign in EVERY SINGLE DAY. Btw, I'm not trying to sound like a smartass or anything, I'm just making a point.

Between my phone and my PC (I never close the tab on my phone, on PC I have a bookmark), I've never had to log back in. If you're not staying logged in, you're either signing in via an incognito tab, or you've never checked off "Remember Me" when signing in. Besides, is it really that much work to type "beyblade wbo" into google?

It kind of is when my laptop runs at an amazingly slow speed when typing something in.
(Nov. 01, 2021  6:55 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  4:43 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Between my phone and my PC (I never close the tab on my phone, on PC I have a bookmark), I've never had to log back in. If you're not staying logged in, you're either signing in via an incognito tab, or you've never checked off "Remember Me" when signing in. Besides, is it really that much work to type "beyblade wbo" into google?

It kind of is when my laptop runs at an amazingly slow speed when typing something in.

You can also bookmark to your desktop on a laptop Smile

Is it just typing that slows it down, or the search bar specifically? May need to clear history or something.
are they going to add more to the mall of toys
(Nov. 01, 2021  4:58 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  4:47 AM)Latios300000 Wrote: To make connecting easier with replies, posting, etc.

How is it any easier than just bookmarking the website to your home screen? That way you can use browser add-ons as well. A lot of the reason for apps being preferred by sites is to prevent adblock etc. For the WBO, I don't see a return on the significant effort required.

You don't get notifications on your phones notifications feed. You still need to enter the site to see if there are any notifications. And if your having a busy day, you just forget about it till when ever you log back in, even if its many days or weeks later.

Entering the site through the phone browser isn't what's a problem. For example, I almost never download apps, so much so that I went 1 year by using reddit just by the phone browser before I noticed it would just make more sense to use it on the app to get notifications.

As I said, I was just wondering if an app was in the works or thought about within the past 2 years of me last being here, since I see a lot has changed.
(Nov. 01, 2021  2:04 PM)Latios300000 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  4:58 AM)th!nk Wrote: How is it any easier than just bookmarking the website to your home screen? That way you can use browser add-ons as well. A lot of the reason for apps being preferred by sites is to prevent adblock etc. For the WBO, I don't see a return on the significant effort required.

You don't get notifications on your phones notifications feed. You still need to enter the site to see if there are any notifications. And if your having a busy day, you just forget about it till when ever you log back in, even if its many days or weeks later.

Entering the site through the phone browser isn't what's a problem. For example, I almost never download apps, so much so that I went 1 year by using reddit just by the phone browser before I noticed it would just make more sense to use it on the app to get notifications.

As I said, I was just wondering if an app was in the works or thought about within the past 2 years of me last being here, since I see a lot has changed.

People were calling for it 8 years ago still with little reason. Browser based sites are still able to set notifications though I'm not sure if mybb supports that, but personally I just subscribe to threads with email notifications on. Seems like a very minor thing to make and manage an app for though, but I do agree that more engagement would be good, perhaps it would drive it, if not in a way that I like.
(Nov. 01, 2021  2:25 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  2:04 PM)Latios300000 Wrote: You don't get notifications on your phones notifications feed. You still need to enter the site to see if there are any notifications. And if your having a busy day, you just forget about it till when ever you log back in, even if its many days or weeks later.

People were calling for it 8 years ago still with little reason. Browser based sites are still able to set notifications though I'm not sure if mybb supports that, but personally I just subscribe to threads with email notifications on. Seems like a very minor thing to make and manage an app for though, but I do agree that more engagement would be good, perhaps it would drive it, if not in a way that I like.

There is the e-mail notifications like you said, the issue with that is not every email you get is notified on your notifications screen, at least not on my phone😂 sometimes 3 days go by, I don't log into my email thinking I got no new mail since i wasn't notified, only to see like 15 new emails. 

Maybe I'm just trying to make it more convenient for me by asking that question idk. Either way works, I was just curious is all.
(Nov. 01, 2021  2:44 PM)Latios300000 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  2:25 PM)th!nk Wrote: People were calling for it 8 years ago still with little reason. Browser based sites are still able to set notifications though I'm not sure if mybb supports that, but personally I just subscribe to threads with email notifications on. Seems like a very minor thing to make and manage an app for though, but I do agree that more engagement would be good, perhaps it would drive it, if not in a way that I like.

There is the e-mail notifications like you said, the issue with that is not every email you get is notified on your notifications screen, at least not on my phone😂 sometimes 3 days go by, I don't log into my email thinking I got no new mail since i wasn't notified, only to see like 15 new emails. 

Maybe I'm just trying to make it more convenient for me by asking that question idk. Either way works, I was just curious is all.

That's definitely a phone issue. Check your sync settings and that your mail app doesn't have power saving enabled anywhere!

To answer - generally the idea has been that it is not worth the significant investment required.
when are they going to fix the organizers guide
(Nov. 01, 2021  3:01 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: when are they going to fix the organizers guide

What issue are you having?