Questions about the WBO

oh,ok
that made things clear
thanks Cannon
So what exactly does the WBO do on Bey Days? What are Bey Days?
(Jan. 17, 2013  1:24 PM)Barreto Wrote: So what exactly does the WBO do on Bey Days? What are Bey Days?

Basically it is a huge celebration we make for Beyblade. Among other things, we try to hold as many tournaments around the world, in as many countries as possible, within those two days, like a marathon. You should read some of the previous BeyDays announcement topics though.
(Jan. 21, 2013  2:07 AM)lightninpegasus Wrote: how do you battle?

You can't battle on here you must battle in a area where there are tournaments near you but if you want to battle online (this link is for you >http://beybladebattles.com) but i recommend real life tournaments since there more realistic.
So, just a few questions about the rule book:
  1. It says "The Rev-Up Launcher must be used either in the same method as with a Beylauncher, or with its proper use, by revving it up." And then it says it can only be revved up during the countdown. I was told otherwise at a tournament, that you could only use it like a Beylauncher
  2. When a Beyblade leaves the play area, it is out of play and cannot return to in play. What if it ricochets off of an opponent/wall and goes above the wall of the stadium, but lands inside of it? Technically, it left the area of play, so it should be considered out of play, but it continues to spin in mid-air, and can feasibly return to the area of play, so what would be the ruling on this issue?
  3. An Illegal Modification is applying stickers to parts of the Beyblade not designated for stickers, "e.g. around the outside edge of a wheel". What about Wheels such as Ray or Diablo where the outer edge of the wheel is designated for stickers?
I know this is really splitting hairs, but I feel some of my questions raise a reasonable point.

Also, will the rule book be updated soon to include Zero-G?
(Jan. 21, 2013  2:44 AM)Wombat Wrote: So, just a few questions about the rule book:
  1. It says "The Rev-Up Launcher must be used either in the same method as with a Beylauncher, or with its proper use, by revving it up." And then it says it can only be revved up during the countdown. I was told otherwise at a tournament, that you could only use it like a Beylauncher
  2. When a Beyblade leaves the play area, it is out of play and cannot return to in play. What if it ricochets off of an opponent/wall and goes above the wall of the stadium, but lands inside of it? Technically, it left the area of play, so it should be considered out of play, but it continues to spin in mid-air, and can feasibly return to the area of play, so what would be the ruling on this issue?
  3. An Illegal Modification is applying stickers to parts of the Beyblade not designated for stickers, "e.g. around the outside edge of a wheel". What about Wheels such as Ray or Diablo where the outer edge of the wheel is designated for stickers?
I know this is really splitting hairs, but I feel some of my questions raise a reasonable point.

Also, will the rule book be updated soon to include Zero-G?

1. You were told wrong then ...

2. In the air is not necessarily out of play.

3. Then it is obviously fine.

The Rulebooks already include Zero-G ...
(Jan. 21, 2013  2:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 21, 2013  2:44 AM)Wombat Wrote: questions

1. You were told wrong then ...

2. In the air is not necessarily out of play.

3. Then it is obviously fine.

The Rulebooks already include Zero-G ...

OK, thank you. I was just reading an out of date rule book, sorry.
Ive seen the post that people make and they post on the wrong threads,. So my question is why are these peopl rude on thers post they should just politely say *you posted on the wrong thread wbo member* then give them them the right place to post it.
(Jan. 21, 2013  3:16 AM)BB4DBattler Wrote: Ive seen the post that people make and they post on the wrong threads,. So my question is why are these peopl rude on thers post they should just politely say *you posted on the wrong thread wbo member* then give them them the right place to post it.

That is indeed what should happen. If you see a post that you believe is very rude, then you should report it.
(Jan. 21, 2013  3:16 AM)BB4DBattler Wrote: Ive seen the post that people make and they post on the wrong threads,. So my question is why are these peopl rude on thers post they should just politely say *you posted on the wrong thread wbo member* then give them them the right place to post it.

But they are saying it politly (but i could be wrong and some times they might shout at you, you will never know.) the member who is telling that other user is just giving them a seggestion so they won't do the same mistake next time, there just trying to help and they do say where they should post it...

Edit: Beaten...
Here's my list of questions-
1.If Kai-V reports a post,then to whom does the complain go to?
2.Why is the Libra clear wheel banned from WBO tournaments?
3.Can the pre-HWS Libra be used in WBO tournaments?
4.How long can a WBO tournament last?
5.how big can a size of a signature be?
6.Does the beypoint system affects due to the age of the participant?
7.Why isn't there elaborated guidelines for Posting Test Results?From what I've seen and understood,I think the WBO should-
1.Ask for proof photos of authors of testing thread,that they really own the parts,all that was used,from the stadium to the the launcher grip.
2.They should mention what surface was underneath-imagine testing GF-it'll surely have different results in moving the stadium,when used under a marble surface,and when used under a rough surface like a carpet.
I hope I haven't hurt anyone with these questions
I answered the questions I can. Smile

1. Back to herself, and all of the Committee will see it as well.
2. It is not.
3. -
4. However long, but most people have a time that they would like to start, and a time that they have estimated to end.
5. 500x200 for an image, but it is preferred that big sigs are put in spoilers.
6. No age limit on the WBO, which includes all tournaments, and site events.
7. -
By my 6th Question,I meant does the Beypoints system get affected due to the participant's age.
like for example,if a 5-yr old comes to the tournament,most probably he'll lose to the big boys.
So is the WBO lineant on that kid,or is the system the same for everyone,of all ages?
Everybody is treated equally here, regardless of age. You'll be surprised at how successful some of our younger members can be in a competitive environment.
No.
the beypoints system doesn't consider your age as to which you should lose or gain beypoints.
you're considered as a Blader,and you're put in a category of a 'Blader',not Under-8,Under-16,etc.
Your 7th question does make some kind of sense,as,
1.Many might post imaginary combos
2.Post combos without testing,or,without having a legal stadium
2.The surface should really really matter.Forget GF-even attack types such as Flash has proven to shake stadiums
(Jan. 21, 2013  6:57 AM)Shaina Wrote: 7.Why isn't there elaborated guidelines for Posting Test Results?From what I've seen and understood,I think the WBO should-
1.Ask for proof photos of authors of testing thread,that they really own the parts,all that was used,from the stadium to the the launcher grip.
2.They should mention what surface was underneath-imagine testing GF-it'll surely have different results in moving the stadium,when used under a marble surface,and when used under a rough surface like a carpet.
I hope I haven't hurt anyone with these questions

In the future, feel free to discuss it in that particular thread you mentioned.

We always try to promote new tests on parts and combinations as much as possible. While your suggestions are valid, there is a fine line where the prerequisites to post test results become too much, enough to discourage them from being posted.

Having said that, sometimes, we do get reports on test results which lack credibility, at which time, most of you will have realized it, and confronted the tester anyway. So, for me personally, it's a working system already.

As for your second inquiry, imo, a simple post asking the surface condition is all that is needed. Why complicate things by making it a 'rule'.....
And to add to that, any member serious about testing would provide ample information, as well as a fair testing condition.

So it's really the members' choice to test properly, we only require the minimum standard.
That's a bug in MyBB, which will be fixed in the next release. It happens when the thread's title is longer than 82 characters, and the "RE: " pushes it over 85. You can fix it in the full reply screen just by removing the "RE: " in the beginning of the post subject (found beneath Username).
Oh, I see. Thank you!
Are members with darker orange names Veterans or Advanced Members?
(Jan. 28, 2013  4:16 AM)Phoenic817 Wrote: Are members with darker orange names Veterans or Advanced Members?

There are no darker orange names.
I believe Phoenic817 meant the bolded orange names. IIRC, those are forum moderators.

Sorry if I missed something painstakingly obvious but what was the maintenance earlier today about?