Question about the rubber tip of Takara Seaborg

Hi,

Context - until this week I had not owned a beyblade in almost 2 decades so apologies of any of this is obvious to WBO resident expert bladers. 

I purchased a new seaborg 1 and when looking around I saw some reoccuring references to the rubber tip of said seaborg (Takara specifically?). I couldn't totally decifer the situation from a search of the forums, but it seemed it may wear down after only a handful of spins? o.o 

Would anyone be kind enough to fill me in on the situation?  I purchased the bey to use, but I don't wanna disrespect it and immediately destroy something almost as old as me...
Hi, I've moved this to the PLA subforum where people who know the answer are more likely to see it.

The tip doesn't wear that quickly to be honest, either in normal mode or inverted. The plastic on the stock colour tends to get quite brittle with age, especially the AR, however.
(Jul. 26, 2022  8:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hi, I've moved this to the PLA subforum where people who know the answer are more likely to see it.

The tip doesn't wear that quickly to be honest, either in normal mode or inverted. The plastic on the stock colour tends to get quite brittle with age, especially the AR, however.

Thank you! That's helpful! Maybe I should get some bursts if I want to actually battle them. Would be a shame to see an original get destroyed...
(Jul. 26, 2022  4:00 PM)Citrus27 Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2022  8:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hi, I've moved this to the PLA subforum where people who know the answer are more likely to see it.

Thank you! That's helpful! Maybe I should get some bursts if I want to actually battle them. Would be a shame to see an original get destroyed...

Most plastics are still fine to battle with, I battle mine very regularly. I try to note significant fragility on PlasticsDB but if you want a relatively quick response on anything you might be considering buying or using, jump on the WBO Discord because a bunch of us PLA afficionados are lurking there 😊
(Jul. 26, 2022  4:02 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2022  4:00 PM)Citrus27 Wrote: Thank you! That's helpful! Maybe I should get some bursts if I want to actually battle them. Would be a shame to see an original get destroyed...

Most plastics are still fine to battle with, I battle mine very regularly. I try to note significant fragility on PlasticsDB but if you want a relatively quick response on anything you might be considering buying or using, jump on the WBO Discord because a bunch of us PLA afficionados are lurking there 😊

Thank you, I had been having a look at your site earlier this week! 😌

I may drop by the disc sometime.