Proposal: Possible Rule and Deffinition changes for Beyblade Burst

(Apr. 13, 2022  1:53 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  1:38 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Has anyone taken the time to calculate the number of pure attack drivers compared to other types? I have a feeling we’ll see a pretty massive unbalance in that regard.

Yes actually, correct - this is because attack has a unique win condition. Defense and Stamina both aim to outspin things as a primary wincon, so they blur together. The cut off for pure attack is where you say "I forfeit any hope of outspinning defense to put everything on KO". So there are far fewer of them - it is why they were impacted so badly by the driver variant rule in fact. There are also only so many ways to make a pure attack tip. I wish TT would release a Dash Hunter-S size tip (with good rubber). 

Oh I guess there's also like fresh Merge and uhhhh... Maybe Impact for what that thing is worth. 

There is also burst attack, but unfortunately in Burst Standard, Burst Attack is kinda dead.

(Apr. 13, 2022  1:46 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: So… I always see all of this back and forth about the driver types. While yes the way some drivers such as destroy preform in a way that is more balance and could be considered balance, you then have the creators of the game (Takara Tomy) calling it an attack driver. So… the real question is who is right as to what type of driver it is and why? Are the players right because of how they use it? Or is Takara Tomy right because of how they intended it to be used? So this whole debate is actually playing around in a really grey area.

Leone is defense. Drift is defense. Apparently. We agreed 2 decades ago that Takara don't know what type their parts are. This part of the debate was settled in plastics. As was flat rubber tips being the go-to for attack...
What would you classify the Volcanic driver as?
(Apr. 13, 2022  1:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: Leone is defense. Drift is defense. Apparently. We agreed 2 decades ago that Takara don't know what type their parts are. This part of the debate was settled in plastics. As was flat rubber tips being the go-to for attack...
I’m not saying that we the competitive players don’t know that we should classify a driver by how it preforms over what it’s branded. I’m just saying that some people might still just go by Takara’s branding instead and that’s how the debate happens. It’s all about people having different points of view. And that is something that effect everything in all of life.
(Apr. 13, 2022  1:46 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: So… I always see all of this back and forth about the driver types. While yes the way some drivers such as destroy preform in a way that is more balance and could be considered balance, you then have the creators of the game (Takara Tomy) calling it an attack driver. So… the real question is who is right as to what type of driver it is and why? Are the players right because of how they use it? Or is Takara Tomy right because of how they intended it to be used? So this whole debate is actually playing around in a really grey area.

TT isn’t necessarily correct with how they label typings. Accel and Zephyr perform near identical, yet one is attack and the other is balance. But please, tell me about Tempest and it’s spectacular attack power.
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:03 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  1:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: Leone is defense. Drift is defense. Apparently. We agreed 2 decades ago that Takara don't know what type their parts are. This part of the debate was settled in plastics. As was flat rubber tips being the go-to for attack...
I’m not saying that we the competitive players don’t know that we should classify a driver by how it preforms over what it’s branded. I’m just saying that some people might still just go by Takara’s branding instead and that’s how the debate happens. It’s all about people having different points of view. And that is something that effect everything in all of life.
Aye, but the WBO community long ago settled that those people are wrong, and spent most of its existence making fun of them... I know that sounds mean but... It is what happened. 

Anyway, should we work on a way to work out pocket rules for HasPro? I think it's worth the time. It would possibly help with rebounds in b09 as well. For the moment it would be fine to just use the b09 rule plus a neatly phrased "inside the pocket", maybe? I hope Crab's tournament will give us some insight on the scale of this issue with his tendency to detail gameplay trends almost as much as the weather 😅
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:10 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:03 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: I’m not saying that we the competitive players don’t know that we should classify a driver by how it preforms over what it’s branded. I’m just saying that some people might still just go by Takara’s branding instead and that’s how the debate happens. It’s all about people having different points of view. And that is something that effect everything in all of life.
Aye, but the WBO community long ago settled that those people are wrong, and spent most of its existence making fun of them... I know that sounds mean but... It is what happened. 

Anyway, should we work on a way to work out pocket rules for HasPro? I think it's worth the time. It would possibly help with rebounds in b09 as well. For the moment it would be fine to just use the b09 rule plus a neatly phrased "inside the pocket", maybe? I hope Crab's tournament will give us some insight on the scale of this issue with his tendency to detail gameplay trends almost as much as the weather 😅

I'll be sure to upload my battle footage so folks can see firsthand how it works out.
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:02 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  1:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yes actually, correct - this is because attack has a unique win condition. Defense and Stamina both aim to outspin things as a primary wincon, so they blur together. The cut off for pure attack is where you say "I forfeit any hope of outspinning defense to put everything on KO". So there are far fewer of them - it is why they were impacted so badly by the driver variant rule in fact. There are also only so many ways to make a pure attack tip. I wish TT would release a Dash Hunter-S size tip (with good rubber). 

Oh I guess there's also like fresh Merge and uhhhh... Maybe Impact for what that thing is worth. 

There is also burst attack, but unfortunately in Burst Standard, Burst Attack is kinda dead.

Leone is defense. Drift is defense. Apparently. We agreed 2 decades ago that Takara don't know what type their parts are. This part of the debate was settled in plastics. As was flat rubber tips being the go-to for attack...
What would you classify the Volcanic driver as?

Balance. Perfect Phoenix Outer/Haswheel Volcanic makes very good use of the stamina as it is awakened. In what situation would you use it with the intent to purely KO versus rubber options and not be just making a suboptimal choice for that by trading off speed and control? I think Variable is the most borderline option if you want to go on a fishing expedition with me for whatever reason, given you can use 00E to give it some LAD. That one is quite interesting. Unfortunately it also isn't amazing in the DB stadium.

(Apr. 13, 2022  2:15 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: Aye, but the WBO community long ago settled that those people are wrong, and spent most of its existence making fun of them... I know that sounds mean but... It is what happened. 

I'll be sure to upload my battle footage so folks can see firsthand how it works out.

I would deeply appreciate that.
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:16 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:02 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: What would you classify the Volcanic driver as?

Balance. Perfect Phoenix Outer/Haswheel Volcanic makes very good use of the stamina as it is awakened. In what situation would you use it with the intent to purely KO versus rubber options and not be just making a suboptimal choice for that by trading off speed and control? I think Variable is the most borderline option if you want to go on a fishing expedition with me for whatever reason, given you can use 00E to give it some LAD. That one is quite interesting. Unfortunately it also isn't amazing in the DB stadium.

(Apr. 13, 2022  2:15 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: I'll be sure to upload my battle footage so folks can see firsthand how it works out.

Volcanic as a balance driver... bet.
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:27 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:16 PM)th!nk Wrote: Balance. Perfect Phoenix Outer/Haswheel Volcanic makes very good use of the stamina as it is awakened. In what situation would you use it with the intent to purely KO versus rubber options and not be just making a suboptimal choice for that by trading off speed and control? I think Variable is the most borderline option if you want to go on a fishing expedition with me for whatever reason, given you can use 00E to give it some LAD. That one is quite interesting. Unfortunately it also isn't amazing in the DB stadium.

Volcanic as a balance driver... bet.

Yeah, pP outer/wh(h) volcanic is actually a really fun combo in GT and while I prefer Hold, you can make Ultimate do some interesting things with it too. The LAD it has goes a long way, especially as you awaken it! Unfortunately the advent of super lad heavy stuff hurts it a bit, but it's pretty cool all around. A very good balance driver imo. Fast moving and flat does not make an attack driver by itself, after all.
Ehhh I forfeit my self from this discussion. By your logic you’re basically saying that drivers such as Rise, Kick and Never aren’t stamina drivers because when launched hard they go wild like attack tips and don’t spin in the center. 🤷‍♂️ I know this is off topic, my apologies.
(Apr. 13, 2022  3:02 PM)maxrod Wrote: Ehhh I forfeit my self from this discussion. By your logic you’re basically saying that drivers such as Rise, Kick and Never aren’t stamina drivers because when launched hard they go wild like attack tips and don’t spin in the center. 🤷‍♂️ I know this is off topic, my apologies.

I'm not sure you get my logic at all honestly. They aim to OS as their primary win condition whether they go wild or not. Rise has seen balance use though, and its same spin stamina is meh, so... Yeah kinda! It was pretty solid on Rage 3A actually, fun stuff.
Never is pretty solidly stamina and kick is uh. A stamina driver, sure.

Do we want to turn this into th!nk tells everyone what type he thinks each driver is or should we move back to discussing how we might approach pockets etc as well as the many excellent suggestions crisis has made?
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:09 PM)Friedpasta Wrote:

TT isn’t necessarily correct with how they label typings. Accel and Zephyr perform near identical, yet one is attack and the other is balance. But please, tell me about Tempest and it’s spectacular attack power.

I cannot stress this more with what Pasta said but just because Takara labels a part with one type does not actually mean it performs like that type nor the label of the combo competitive.

There are a lot of parts that you can go in on for being X type we don't need to devolve the thread on the original discussion.

Like don't get me started on Ignition vs Hybrid lmao
In terms of looking at the HasPro for use in ranked play, someone made a thread pretty much as soon as they got one:

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-...BO-formats

Actually, they even sorta continued to update the video section.  Please fell free to contribute there if you think HasPro needs to be legalized in more formats.
(Apr. 13, 2022  3:15 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  2:09 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: TT isn’t necessarily correct with how they label typings. Accel and Zephyr perform near identical, yet one is attack and the other is balance. But please, tell me about Tempest and it’s spectacular attack power.

I cannot stress this more with what Pasta said but just because Takara labels a part with one type does not actually mean it performs like that type nor the label of the combo competitive.

There are a lot of parts that you can go in on for being X type we don't need to devolve the thread on the original discussion.

Just clarifying that I am not implying that what is written on the box is what the parts actually are. I’m implying that some people (mostly newer players) probably do read the branding as what the drivers are and that is how the confusion for people comes into play. That’s why I said it’s all a matter of a persons point of view.

Now back to what th!nk is talking about. The pockets on the Pro Series stadium. I don’t know if it would be better to try and work Knock-Outs or the Play-Area in a way that it reflects both types of stadium, or if it would be better to make 2 separate definitions, 1 for “Closed Pockets” and 1 for “Open Pockets”.
(Apr. 13, 2022  4:12 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  3:15 PM)originalzankye Wrote: I cannot stress this more with what Pasta said but just because Takara labels a part with one type does not actually mean it performs like that type nor the label of the combo competitive.

Just clarifying that I am not implying that what is written on the box is what the parts actually are. I’m implying that some people (mostly newer players) probably do read the branding as what the drivers are and that is how the confusion for people comes into play. That’s why I said it’s all a matter of a persons point of view.

Now back to what th!nk is talking about. The pockets on the Pro Series stadium. I don’t know if it would be better to try and work Knock-Outs or the Play-Area in a way that it reflects both types of stadium, or if it would be better to make 2 separate definitions, 1 for “Closed Pockets” and 1 for “Open Pockets”.
I'm gonna sleep in a min but I think we can make it cover both tbh. Maybe we do have to specify certain elements but we should work out the pocket walls first
(Apr. 13, 2022  3:07 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2022  3:02 PM)maxrod Wrote: Ehhh I forfeit my self from this discussion. By your logic you’re basically saying that drivers such as Rise, Kick and Never aren’t stamina drivers because when launched hard they go wild like attack tips and don’t spin in the center. 🤷‍♂️ I know this is off topic, my apologies.

I'm not sure you get my logic at all honestly. They aim to OS as their primary win condition whether they go wild or not. Rise has seen balance use though, and its same spin stamina is meh, so... Yeah kinda! It was pretty solid on Rage 3A actually, fun stuff.
Never is pretty solidly stamina and kick is uh. A stamina driver, sure.

Do we want to turn this into th!nk tells everyone what type he thinks each driver is or should we move back to discussing how we might approach pockets etc as well as the many excellent suggestions crisis has made?

Seeing as you and a few others argue that the DB stadium isn’t good for attack types then it’s important for everyone to understand what you all are classifying as an attack type. If everyone isn’t on the same page it causes confusion.

But it seems this conversation is shifting to the HasPro stadium, so the misclassification of drivers is no longer worth chatting about.
As a newish player the marriage between “this is a real attack driver!!!1” and “only this stadium is fair to attack types!!” Seems like a self justifying argument. These stadiums are bad because these drivers don’t work on them, which is why these drivers are the real ones and this stadium is good. It’s tautological.

Like, I get that you’ve all played the game a certain way forever, but it really just seems like resistance to change. If there are viable forms of attack that yes, often out spin by destabilizing first, why isn’t that a viable attack type in a new evolution of the game? If it fills the meta niche so that you have a healthy balance between different strategies why isn’t that just as valued as old ways of playing? Am I missing something here?

To me the final value determining playability should always be a healthy set of options for different strategies, not making sure old strategies remain viable.
(Apr. 21, 2022  8:50 PM)Whiskeytango Wrote: As a newish player the marriage between “this is a real attack driver!!!1” and “only this stadium is fair to attack types!!” Seems like a self justifying argument. These stadiums are bad because these drivers don’t work on them, which is why these drivers are the real ones and this stadium is good. It’s tautological.

Like, I get that you’ve all played the game a certain way forever, but it really just seems like resistance to change. If there are viable forms of attack that yes, often out spin by destabilizing first, why isn’t that a viable attack type in a new evolution of the game? If it fills the meta niche so that you have a healthy balance between different strategies why isn’t that just as valued as old ways of playing? Am I missing something here?

To me the final value determining playability should always be a healthy set of options for different strategies, not making sure old strategies remain viable.

I support this message.
(Apr. 21, 2022  8:50 PM)Whiskeytango Wrote: As a newish player the marriage between “this is a real attack driver!!!1” and “only this stadium is fair to attack types!!” Seems like a self justifying argument. These stadiums are bad because these drivers don’t work on them, which is why these drivers are the real ones and this stadium is good. It’s tautological.

I kind of get where you're coming from, but I still agree with others' sentiments. Rubber drivers have been a staple for attack types since the beginning, almost 20 years ago, and for good reason! They embody the very essence of attack: high grip, high speed, low stamina, wild movement, and most importantly: the ability to flower pattern when launched properly. 

Of course, there are non-rubber drivers that can perform on a similar level, but they're few and far between, while usually sacrificing at least one aspect in order to be on par with rubber drivers in another way. For example, most plastic/metal drivers sacrifice grip (and sometimes speed) for the ability to have more stamina. Some drivers, like unawakened Volcanic and Hold, aim for high speed at the cost of uncontrollable movement and the inability to flower pattern effectively. While other drivers... will simply never have a use. I mean, do you really think that a stadium change would make drivers like Impact or Sword viable? 

At the end of the day, rubber attack drivers are the cream of the crop. While things like Destroy and maybe Venture+V are still usable, they're ultimately outclassed in terms of pure attack. The reasoning behind sticking with the current stadium is to preserve what effectiveness attack currently has, as no matter how much better underclassed drivers may become in a new stadium, they'll be hard-pressed to meet or exceed the current effectiveness that rubber drivers have in the Standard stadium.
(Apr. 21, 2022  11:48 PM)BladerGem Wrote:

I kind of get where you're coming from, but I still agree with others' sentiments. Rubber drivers have been a staple for attack types since the beginning, almost 20 years ago, and for good reason! They embody the very essence of attack: high grip, high speed, low stamina, wild movement, and most importantly: the ability to flower pattern when launched properly. 

Of course, there are non-rubber drivers that can perform on a similar level, but they're few and far between, while usually sacrificing at least one aspect in order to be on par with rubber drivers in another way. For example, most plastic/metal drivers sacrifice grip (and sometimes speed) for the ability to have more stamina. Some drivers, like unawakened Volcanic and Hold, aim for high speed at the cost of uncontrollable movement and the inability to flower pattern effectively. While other drivers... will simply never have a use. I mean, do you really think that a stadium change would make drivers like Impact or Sword viable? 

At the end of the day, rubber attack drivers are the cream of the crop. While things like Destroy and maybe Venture+V are still usable, they're ultimately outclassed in terms of pure attack. The reasoning behind sticking with the current stadium is to preserve what effectiveness attack currently has, as no matter how much better underclassed drivers may become in a new stadium, they'll be hard-pressed to meet or exceed the current effectiveness that rubber drivers have in the Standard stadium.

My whole point is that it sounds like other drivers are better at attack in the DB stadium, but because the old standby’s don’t work you don’t experiment with new. Preserving the old for the sake of preserving the old, and then upset when the meta game doesn’t stay the same. Has anyone truly experimented with all these “bad drivers” in all these alternate stadiums?
(Apr. 22, 2022  1:27 AM)Whiskeytango Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2022  11:48 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I kind of get where you're coming from, but I still agree with others' sentiments. Rubber drivers have been a staple for attack types since the beginning, almost 20 years ago, and for good reason! They embody the very essence of attack: high grip, high speed, low stamina, wild movement, and most importantly: the ability to flower pattern when launched properly. 

My whole point is that it sounds like other drivers are better at attack in the DB stadium, but because the old standby’s don’t work you don’t experiment with new. Preserving the old for the sake of preserving the old, and then upset when the meta game doesn’t stay the same. Has anyone truly experimented with all these “bad drivers” in all these alternate stadiums?

You don't seem to understand the issue.

Even if other drivers do better in the DB stadium than they do in Standard, the fact is it's highly unlikely that they would perform at a similar level as the current best drivers in the Standard stadium, resulting in attack effectively being nerfed. 

You keep talking about "the meta game doesn't change", and "experimenting with bad drivers". There's a multitude of other formats that provide what you're looking for. Why are you so dead set on shaking up Standard, when the whole point of the format is to be as vanilla as possible?
(Apr. 22, 2022  2:40 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2022  1:27 AM)Whiskeytango Wrote: My whole point is that it sounds like other drivers are better at attack in the DB stadium, but because the old standby’s don’t work you don’t experiment with new. Preserving the old for the sake of preserving the old, and then upset when the meta game doesn’t stay the same. Has anyone truly experimented with all these “bad drivers” in all these alternate stadiums?

You don't seem to understand the issue.

Even if other drivers do better in the DB stadium than they do in Standard, the fact is it's highly unlikely that they would perform at a similar level as the current best drivers in the Standard stadium, resulting in attack effectively being nerfed. 

You keep talking about "the meta game doesn't change", and "experimenting with bad drivers". There's a multitude of other formats that provide what you're looking for. Why are you so dead set on shaking up Standard, when the whole point of the format is to be as vanilla as possible?

You’re like, proving my point exactly. There are no other formats that include the latest beyblades and you’re arguing to keep the game as familiar and vanilla as possible. If you want to play like that why not play BGT. Everyone says it has the best meta for attack types in the standard stadium. Or make a particular event format that is “Burst Vanilla Pro” or whatever. And you proved my second point when you immediately stated “it’s unlikely that”. Meaning you’ve never tested it. And you don’t know. Also, it would only be “nerfed” from functioning the way you’re accustomed to playing. Until we see win ratios this is all paranoid conjecture. 

What I want is to play with my beyblades in more than one arena and actually have my innovation challenged. To see tournaments of multiple types as considered normal. Do you know how counter intuitive it is to come to the competitive scene and find that in all these really interesting looking stadiums that only *one* is ever played with? I started collecting two years ago during GT. I quit at the end of GT and basically just restarted. It’s incredibly depressing to me to see that everyone is still just playing in the same arena on quick’ and xtreme’ against Bearing (now a dash driver) and Xtend+ (now high and dash). With dynamite beys that just look like heavier versions of GT beys most of the time. Drift is like the only new driver people are really playing. 

Coming from a competitive TCG background, it’s super weird to me how you all choose to restructure the rules to try and recreate the exact same experience you’ve been playing for years. To me that’s like banning new blitz creatures in magic to make sure you can still play control decks. 

My point is, if the meta is healthy, meaning there are multiple routes to victory and multiple counter balancing strategies that are consistent and effective, why aren’t we including these in basic tournaments? Why wouldn’t we host tournaments of many varieties that let people bring their beyblades into many different situations?

Now let me be clear, if there *isn’t* a healthy meta this point doesn’t stand. I am going off of what I’m hearing from folks who have tested and played in this stadium more than I, and what I’m hearing is that there are effective strategies for attack and that they just don’t conform to traditional attack roles of aggressive knockouts on rubber. Which seems like an extremely arbitrary definition. 

As for why I want to “shake up standard”, to me that’s because standard should represent the game as a whole, not simply the most traditional way to play. Also, like I said, because there are no other formats to play dynamite beys in legally unless I missed something. Every other format is curated to play older less powerful beyblades, and manages what parts are allowed to create this particular balance you all love. It’s silly to me that the only forms of competition the WBO provides are *all* in this one stadium. It… honestly seems very elitist.

Ok rant over. I hope my point got across without sounding harsh. I’m not good at internet communication and I don’t mean any of this as a personal attack, I just really enjoy this game and the homogeneity of game play that’s allowed that I’ve seen is disheartening.
(Apr. 22, 2022  4:05 AM)Whiskeytango Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2022  2:40 AM)BladerGem Wrote: You don't seem to understand the issue.

You’re like, proving my point exactly. There are no other formats that include the latest beyblades and you’re arguing to keep the game as familiar and vanilla as possible. If you want to play like that why not play BGT. Everyone says it has the best meta for attack types in the standard stadium. Or make a particular event format that is “Burst Vanilla Pro” or whatever. And you proved my second point when you immediately stated “it’s unlikely that”. Meaning you’ve never tested it. And you don’t know. Also, it would only be “nerfed” from functioning the way you’re accustomed to playing. Until we see win ratios this is all paranoid conjecture. 

And what, pray tell, is your point, exactly? I'm arguing for predictability and balanced performance levels between the types, what are YOU arguing for? If you want to make a point, then go produce test results in the DB stadium showing something like Impact, Sword, Xceed, Shot, ETC having similar or better win rates than Quick' and X' in the Standard stadium. Hell, try doing it with Adventure, literally the newest attack driver to date.

I'll admit that you're right about one thing, though: I haven't tested, because I personally don't own a DB stadium. If I had one, I'd be more than happy to break out my beys and do some in-depth testing. However, I don't own one because I don't feel like spending $50+ on something I don't have storage for, that isn't (and most likely won't be) usable for tournaments, and that would ultimately be a hindrance to my collection.

As for why people are "still" using Quick' and X'? It's because TT hasn't released a good attack driver in years, instead opting to pump out burst resistant, high LAD drivers like Bearing', Metal Drift, Zone'+Z, High Xt+', (not to mention this unholy abomination), etc. Not to mention, Attack drivers have largely been left in the dust, while stamina and LAD keeps getting stronger.

But sure, let's use a stadium with less pockets and a deeper bowl, that is almost universally understood as being a hindrance to attack types. Literally look at any comparison between the DB and Standard stadiums. The only thing it's got going for it is that it's bigger, and at that point it's got more in common with the Limit Break DX stadium than the Standard stadium.
We already ran into this new/old gameplay debate back in Zero G. We resolved it thru a separate format. The conversation for a second stadium has mostly (rightly) moved towards Hasbro's Pro Series Stadium, which is available to people who cannot buy online as well as not being such a vast departure from B09 for the most part.
For what it's worth, regarding prior comments about not wanting to adapt or not being able to - I have attack working in DB - Guilty HXt+' does KO things well in that stadium. It totally lacks the accountability that makes attack interesting for me personally though.

Not to change the topic (though this one has been done to death at this point I think), but how do people feel about this point? Are there any particular points of concern with it?

CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:8th Change:

Parts with Multiple Modes
Unless specified otherwise under Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings above, the following applies for all parts with multiple modes:

Modes may be changed at any point during the match before it begins or between battles.
It is possible to switch parts that can change modes and attach / detach the frame / level chip / driver chip for each battle. In addition, please do these actions that involve the separation of the Beyblade within an acceptable time frame given by the judge.
If two players wish to change modes at the same time, they must turn around and do so in secret before continuing the match.
Parts with gimmicks/mode changes that may activate or change–whether intentionally or not–post-launch must be reset after each battle. These are not considered mode changes.

Let's face it. Burst beys have gained so many cool and unique gimmicks since the start of Burst. Now every single bey just about has a cool gimmick that requires you to disassemble the Beyblade to do it. So why should we be restricted to only being able to change it once? After all we are paying a lot of money for these beys from Takara Tomy and when we don't get to use all their gimmicks it’s like only getting half of what we paid for. Things like High and Low mode are so very strategic and can really show the skill of a blader. It would also be cool to allow bladers to change up things throughout their match to see if they can score a point using their bey in a different way than they thought. The WBBA allows bladers to use all the gimmicks of their beys as well as removing parts like the Z and X chip because it is a form of mode change to the driver. No real difference than the mode changes on Zeta, Quattro, or Xtend+. So, this was just something I thought would be a good and healthy change to the game.
(Apr. 22, 2022  6:52 AM)th!nk Wrote: We already ran into this new/old gameplay debate back in Zero G. We resolved it thru a separate format. The conversation for a second stadium has mostly (rightly) moved towards Hasbro's Pro Series Stadium, which is available to people who cannot buy online as well as not being such a vast departure from B09 for the most part.
For what it's worth, regarding prior comments about not wanting to adapt or not being able to - I have attack working in DB - Guilty HXt+' does KO things well in that stadium. It totally lacks the accountability that makes attack interesting for me personally though.

Not to change the topic (though this one has been done to death at this point I think), but how do people feel about this point? Are there any particular points of concern with it?

CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:8th Change:

Parts with Multiple Modes
Unless specified otherwise under Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings above, the following applies for all parts with multiple modes:

Modes may be changed at any point during the match before it begins or between battles.
It is possible to switch parts that can change modes and attach / detach the frame / level chip / driver chip for each battle. In addition, please do these actions that involve the separation of the Beyblade within an acceptable time frame given by the judge.
If two players wish to change modes at the same time, they must turn around and do so in secret before continuing the match.
Parts with gimmicks/mode changes that may activate or change–whether intentionally or not–post-launch must be reset after each battle. These are not considered mode changes.

Let's face it. Burst beys have gained so many cool and unique gimmicks since the start of Burst. Now every single bey just about has a cool gimmick that requires you to disassemble the Beyblade to do it. So why should we be restricted to only being able to change it once? After all we are paying a lot of money for these beys from Takara Tomy and when we don't get to use all their gimmicks it’s like only getting half of what we paid for. Things like High and Low mode are so very strategic and can really show the skill of a blader. It would also be cool to allow bladers to change up things throughout their match to see if they can score a point using their bey in a different way than they thought. The WBBA allows bladers to use all the gimmicks of their beys as well as removing parts like the Z and X chip because it is a form of mode change to the driver. No real difference than the mode changes on Zeta, Quattro, or Xtend+. So, this was just something I thought would be a good and healthy change to the game.
I like the idea of mode change for starters it gives QD more of a reason to use since the entire point of the drivers is based on mode changes so that be pretty cool. It also gives a good chance for DB stuff with Low and High since I personally feel like it could get to some REAL interesting matchups that would be great to see. Also thinking of standard even if Qt is not crazy (pray for Qt' TT) it also allows that driver to have real use. Of course, I would want to see a trial run of the idea to see if it works out but on paper it sounds really cool. 

You could even switch Nx+S to free spin from fixed if you wanted to for whatever reason, it honestly just spices up the game. I think the more we explore things like that which Crisis did a good job with their proposal the more we can enjoy a meta and have fun.
(Apr. 22, 2022  5:25 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2022  4:05 AM)Whiskeytango Wrote: You’re like, proving my point exactly. There are no other formats that include the latest beyblades and you’re arguing to keep the game as familiar and vanilla as possible. If you want to play like that why not play BGT. Everyone says it has the best meta for attack types in the standard stadium. Or make a particular event format that is “Burst Vanilla Pro” or whatever. And you proved my second point when you immediately stated “it’s unlikely that”. Meaning you’ve never tested it. And you don’t know. Also, it would only be “nerfed” from functioning the way you’re accustomed to playing. Until we see win ratios this is all paranoid conjecture. 

And what, pray tell, is your point, exactly? I'm arguing for predictability and balanced performance levels between the types, what are YOU arguing for? If you want to make a point, then go produce test results in the DB stadium showing something like Impact, Sword, Xceed, Shot, ETC having similar or better win rates than Quick' and X' in the Standard stadium. Hell, try doing it with Adventure, literally the newest attack driver to date.

I'll admit that you're right about one thing, though: I haven't tested, because I personally don't own a DB stadium. If I had one, I'd be more than happy to break out my beys and do some in-depth testing. However, I don't own one because I don't feel like spending $50+ on something I don't have storage for, that isn't (and most likely won't be) usable for tournaments, and that would ultimately be a hindrance to my collection.

As for why people are "still" using Quick' and X'? It's because TT hasn't released a good attack driver in years, instead opting to pump out burst resistant, high LAD drivers like Bearing', Metal Drift, Zone'+Z, High Xt+', (not to mention this unholy abomination), etc. Not to mention, Attack drivers have largely been left in the dust, while stamina and LAD keeps getting stronger.

But sure, let's use a stadium with less pockets and a deeper bowl, that is almost universally understood as being a hindrance to attack types. Literally look at any comparison between the DB and Standard stadiums. The only thing it's got going for it is that it's bigger, and at that point it's got more in common with the Limit Break DX stadium than the Standard stadium.

So I believe I stated that I’m going off of the other people in this threads experience saying they’ve had positive results using destroy’ and Venture +V and possibly some others. If those results can’t create a balanced meta than like I said, this point is moot, at least in regards to this stadium. What I protest in your argument is the traditionalism mentality of “prove it first and then we’ll try something”. 

My main hope is I wish this community would take a broader approach, at the *very* least in its language, to what a balanced meta means and looks like, and not be entirely married to old ways of looking at things. We should be trying to find ways to include more stadiums, not exclude everything that plays differently than we are used to. I hope we can agree on that point. 

Like I said, from a newbie outsiders perspective, it looks like the WBO painted itself into a corner and refuses to consider finding a way out unless it’s on xtreme’.