Prominence Phoenix mode change?

Hey so I had an idea about prominence Phoenix and it’s mode change.So with the new Phoenix being released the armor was advertised as a shied and was able to change into 2 modes: “normal mode” and “heavy mode” and I was wondering what if there was a ruling where say in the first match someone puts Phoenix in normal mode and the armor comes off that they should be able to change it next round,but if the armor doesn’t come off it stays in the same mode it was originally placed to begin with. Id honestly hope this would be a good ruling for Phoenix but what do you guys think?
(Oct. 24, 2021  5:13 PM)TheLordGrim Wrote: Hey so I had an idea about prominence Phoenix and it’s mode change.So with the new Phoenix being released the armor was advertised as a shied and was able to change into 2 modes: “normal mode” and “heavy mode” and I was wondering what if there was a ruling where say in the first match someone puts Phoenix in normal mode and the armor comes off that they should be able to change it next round,but if the armor doesn’t come off it stays in the same mode it was originally placed to begin with. Id honestly hope this would be a good ruling for Phoenix but what do you guys think?

What makes sense would be this if at the start of the match you use the Prominence blade and you have it in normal mode then even if the armor comes off you should assemble it back in normal(vice versa for heavy mode).
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:28 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  5:13 PM)TheLordGrim Wrote: Hey so I had an idea about prominence Phoenix and it’s mode change.So with the new Phoenix being released the armor was advertised as a shied and was able to change into 2 modes: “normal mode” and “heavy mode” and I was wondering what if there was a ruling where say in the first match someone puts Phoenix in normal mode and the armor comes off that they should be able to change it next round,but if the armor doesn’t come off it stays in the same mode it was originally placed to begin with. Id honestly hope this would be a good ruling for Phoenix but what do you guys think?

What makes sense would be this if at the start of the match you use the Prominence blade and you have it in normal mode then even if the armor comes off you should assemble it back in normal(vice versa for heavy mode).
So, does the armor change require disassembly like for example twin nemesis’s 2 modes, or does it not require disassembly like the zeta driver? Cause if it does then you would have to choose between normal and heavy, if you choose normal you’d be weaker vs stamina beys and if you choose heavy you would be weaker vs attack beys. If it doesn’t require disassembly then you wouldn’t need to worry about that after the 1st round
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:31 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:28 PM)originalzankye Wrote: What makes sense would be this if at the start of the match you use the Prominence blade and you have it in normal mode then even if the armor comes off you should assemble it back in normal(vice versa for heavy mode).
So, does the armor change require disassembly like for example twin nemesis’s 2 modes, or does it not require disassembly like the zeta driver? Cause if it does then you would have to choose between normal and heavy, if you choose normal you’d be weaker vs stamina beys and if you choose heavy you would be weaker vs attack beys. If it doesn’t require disassembly then you wouldn’t need to worry about that after the 1st round

It isn't like Twin Nemesis it's like mode-changing drivers like Trans or Zeta, I'm under the idea you should know what mode you want Prominence in before your match whether it is risky or not risky.
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:35 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:31 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So, does the armor change require disassembly like for example twin nemesis’s 2 modes, or does it not require disassembly like the zeta driver? Cause if it does then you would have to choose between normal and heavy, if you choose normal you’d be weaker vs stamina beys and if you choose heavy you would be weaker vs attack beys. If it doesn’t require disassembly then you wouldn’t need to worry about that after the 1st round

It isn't like Twin Nemesis it's like mode-changing drivers like Trans or Zeta, I'm under the idea you should know what mode you want Prominence in before your match whether it is risky or not risky.
I guess that’s true. But you just have to get through the first round and you will be able to switch to the mode that gives you the advantage. But yeah knowing what mode you want prominence in could help you in the first round and get that 1 extra first point for the win.
The ruling on prominence is that the armor is considered a mode change without disassembly.  So:
  • Modes may be changed at any point during the match before it begins or between rounds.
  • If the part with a mode change requires disassembly, the initial mode must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before presenting your Beyblade to the judge for inspection. After the first round, it may only be changed once for the entire match.
  • If two players wish to change modes at the same time, they must turn around and do so in secret before continuing the match.
  • Parts with gimmicks/mode changes that may activate or change–whether intentionally or not–post-launch must be reset after each round. These are not considered mode changes and do not count towards the single mode change per battle limit for parts with mode changes that require disassembly.
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:45 PM)Shindog Wrote: The ruling on prominence is that the armor is considered a mode change without disassembly.  So:
  • Modes may be changed at any point during the match before it begins or between rounds.
  • If the part with a mode change requires disassembly, the initial mode must be selected during the Beyblade Selection phase before presenting your Beyblade to the judge for inspection. After the first round, it may only be changed once for the entire match.
  • If two players wish to change modes at the same time, they must turn around and do so in secret before continuing the match.
  • Parts with gimmicks/mode changes that may activate or change–whether intentionally or not–post-launch must be reset after each round. These are not considered mode changes and do not count towards the single mode change per battle limit for parts with mode changes that require disassembly.

I have a question on this rule. With draws being so prevalent in today’s meta game, is a point required to happen before you can do a regular mode change that doesn’t require disassembly? Like say after a draw can I swap my xtend+ from stamina to defense mode for the next battle? Or does it have to stay in stamina mode until one of us gets a point?
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:15 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  6:45 PM)Shindog Wrote: The ruling on prominence is that the armor is considered a mode change without disassembly.  So:

I have a question on this rule. With draws being so prevalent in today’s meta game, is a point required to happen before you can do a regular mode change that doesn’t require disassembly? Like say after a draw can I swap my xtend+ from stamina to defense mode for the next battle? Or does it have to stay in stamina mode until one of us gets a point?
If you read the first and second bullet point, my interpretation is you can regular mode change “at any point during the match before it begins or between rounds.”  I would take “any point” literally, personally.
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:31 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:15 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: I have a question on this rule. With draws being so prevalent in today’s meta game, is a point required to happen before you can do a regular mode change that doesn’t require disassembly? Like say after a draw can I swap my xtend+ from stamina to defense mode for the next battle? Or does it have to stay in stamina mode until one of us gets a point?
If you read the first and second bullet point, my interpretation is you can regular mode change “at any point during the match before it begins or between rounds.”

Okay. I was curious because when it’s come up Geetster would always refer to dying metal fight a point had to be issued before any sort of mode change could happen.
There is sort of an exception I guess

“Replays
After each round, the loser is asked if they want a replay.
This bars both bladers from switching their Beyblade (or mode of their Beyblade) in the next round.
Replays do not alter the result of the previous round; a loss is still a loss, and you can’t replay once you’ve lost the match.”
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:33 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:31 PM)Shindog Wrote: If you read the first and second bullet point, my interpretation is you can regular mode change “at any point during the match before it begins or between rounds.”

Okay. I was curious because when it’s come up Geetster would always refer to dying metal fight a point had to be issued before any sort of mode change could happen.
I see. 
This is directly copied from MFB rulebook:

Parts with Multiple Modes
Unless specified otherwise under Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings above, the following applies for all parts with multiple modes:
  • If using a Beyblade that has multiple modes, it is illegal to change the mode of the part(s) if you have to separate or disassemble the Beyblade in any way to do so.
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:39 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:33 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Okay. I was curious because when it’s come up Geetster would always refer to dying metal fight a point had to be issued before any sort of mode change could happen.
I see. 

Unless specified otherwise under Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings above, the following applies for all parts with multiple modes:
  • If using a Beyblade that has multiple modes, it is illegal to change the mode of the part(s) if you have to separate or disassemble the Beyblade in any way to do so.

Interesting. Alright well now I know for sure. Maybe he thought a draw wouldn’t technically be the conclusion of a battle?
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:41 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:39 PM)Shindog Wrote: I see. 

Interesting. Alright well now I know for sure. Maybe he thought a draw wouldn’t technically be the conclusion of a battle?
I guess draws are not specifically stated.  I have made updates to the rulebook in the past and I have read all the rulebooks more than twice, but I don’t claim to be the authority or an expert on rules.  I just interpret the rulebooks the best I can like everyone else.  I may be wrong here.
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:50 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  8:41 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Interesting. Alright well now I know for sure. Maybe he thought a draw wouldn’t technically be the conclusion of a battle?
I guess draws are not specifically stated.  I have made updates to the rulebook in the past and I have read all the rulebooks more than twice, but I don’t claim to be the authority or an expert on rules.  I just interpret the rulebooks the best I can like everyone else.  I may be wrong here.

That’s fair. Thanks for what help you could provide!