[Product]  Pegasus Thunder Whip: "This stadium sucks harder than Wyborg for attack types"

Post your impressions of Hasbro's Pegasus Thunder Whip BeyStadium here.

I cannot KO anything in this stadium. Here are some test results:

Thermal Pisces DF145SD vs.
Thermal Pisces always shot first.

Storm Pegasis 100RF
Launcher Grip + MFB Shooter

Thermal Pisces: 5 wins
Storm Pegasis: 0 wins

Lightning L Drago CH120RF (145 height)
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher L

Thermal Pisces: 5 wins
Lightning L Drago: 0 wins

Quetzalcoatl 90RF
Alternating between Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher/MFB shooter for Quetzalcoatl

Thermal Pisces: 10 wins
Quetzalcoatl: 0 wins

I also tried MF Sagittario 90RF in a couple battles, but to no avail. And, as you would imagine, it none of these customs fared any better against MF Earth Aquario C145WB. These are by no means comprehensive, but I got really bored quite quickly after the first 10 battles. Has anyone else been having completely different results than me?

There is a couple problems with Thunder Whip:
  • It is not nearly steep enough. You really notice this when you compare it to the Attack Stadium
  • In theory, having only two pockets alleviates the stadium positioning problem that was brought up in the most recent release of the WBO Official Rules, but the way in which it has been employed messes up the wall-to-exit/pocket ratio. In other words, there is a lot more wall space, than there is openings into the pockets.
  • The Tornado Ridge is OK, but the flatness of the stadium negates how useful this should be. Even so, I often found my Beyblades to be skipping over the ridge, and then rebounding awkwardly off of the corners. You can score some decent hits, but I seriously haven't been able to get a fair KO.
Ah, as I thought, the flatness makes attack types completely useless. That is why Beyblade stadiums compared to Battle Strikers ones, for instance, give totally different results.
I've noticed, like you said, in all the videos I've watched the stadium has no pitch and really favors stamina based strategies.
Finding it odd that, although named after Storm Pegasus, it doesn't help Pegasus at all. But aren't the yellow and blue stadiums the same, rendering Attack types useless in both stadiums?
That's the first thing I noticed when I saw To's video - there is hardly any slope.

I didn't expect this stadium to be very good anyway...
glad I didn't buy. Hopefully future stadiums shall be more balanced.
i can never knock anybody out attack types are the worst in this stadium i think defense types are the best in this stadium
If attack types are garbage then wouldn't it follow that endurance types are the best?
Basically. Or really, really good Balance types (if that's even possible). Or, until they make a stadium that isn't total carp for attack types. that is.
My beyblades performance tip keeps getting weird everytime I battle so Im getting annoyed of fixing them
(May. 17, 2010  1:38 AM)WindLeone Wrote: My beyblades performance tip keeps getting weird everytime I battle so Im getting annoyed of fixing them

This has nothing to do with Pegasus Thunder Whip. Use Beyblade Random Thoughts for things like this.
(May. 17, 2010  1:39 AM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 17, 2010  1:38 AM)WindLeone Wrote: My beyblades performance tip keeps getting weird everytime I battle so Im getting annoyed of fixing them

This has nothing to do with Pegasus Thunder Whip. Use Beyblade Random Thoughts for things like this.
Sorry I meant when I battle in the pegasus thunder whip stadium
I was afraid this would be the case.
The ridge seems to perform well then, it's just the slope that's the problem.
I was wondering why so many of the videos show combos with Dark winning, balance types seem to have a better chance in this stadium than any other.
That in itself is kind of interesting though, since it could open up the game to people actually using balance and compact combinations?
Honestly, I don't think this stadium will be suitable for WBO OP, especially if Kei's getting results like this:
That's not normal at all. It's way too unbalanced.
(May. 17, 2010  11:37 AM)Aqua Wrote: Honestly, I don't think this stadium will be suitable for WBO OP, especially if Kei's getting results like this:
That's not normal at all. It's way too unbalanced.
I agree. At least in most, if not all the TAKARA-TOMY stadiums, attack types had a chance to exist. Now, with Hasbro's, we would only see boring stamina matches ... We made a new rule on stadium positioning to try to help attack types ...
Fair point. It's a real shame, hopefully later stadiums like the portable stadium will have a better balance to them.
Vortex is already out due to the lack of exits, regardless of the stadiums internal shape.
Isn't shaping up to be a good release :\
I've had a couple of Blades get trapped in the pockets. But yeah, Storm Pegasus has maybe won two or three matches in that stadium even when I launch it after the other Beyblade. This also helps explain my comment in the other thread about Storm Pegasus getting rocked by, well, everything.
I think extremely worn RFs could help a bit on going over the ridge and the shallowness.
But the pockets are very small compared to MFB attack stadiums.
(May. 17, 2010  1:06 PM)Olympian Wrote: I think extremely worn RFs could help a bit on going over the ridge and the shallowness.
But the pockets are very small compared to MFB attack stadiums.

The MFB Attack Stadiums do not have pockets...
I noticed the exact same thing, I can't K.O for carp in this stadium, moreover, my S. Pegasus is 90% of the time losing.
I'm new to bey blade,but when i bought the stadium i new something was wrong. i regret buying the Pegasus thunder whip
(May. 17, 2010  1:19 PM)diamondclimax Wrote: The MFB Attack Stadiums do not have pockets...

I think he means that the gaps in the MFB stadiums are much larger than the pockets.
Im thinking of getting the Thunder Whip just to test everything out.
I wanted to try an Attack on Attack in that stadium. With the slopes being all messed up, it wouldn't really matter if both of them are going at it right?
I'm really tempted to pull out a heat gun and make the center a little more concave. Though I can't tell how forgiving the stadium's construction will be if the shape is changed.