[Product]  Hasbro Launcher - Sword Launcher

Welcome here to the thread where we discuss Hasbro’s potentially new Hasbro Sword Launcher (as included in the Xcalius X3 Set)
Rant about how bad Hasbro’s Launcher’s plastic is through wear and tear, and potential internal breakdowns through gear multipliers (hoping that won’t happen anytime soon)
Discuss how powerful it could be with an extremely long Ripcord and gear multipliers
And most importantly, when it finally releases (and since I’m in Australia I will definitely NOT be the first to test it but I would test it if it does come here), testing the Sword Launcher and discussing it’s use in the tournament and everywhere else.
If anyone else posted this first, I apologise for not looking through hard enough.

P.S. Hasbro’s Sword Launcher does look kinda tiny.
I wonder how badly they'll mess this product up Unhappy
(May. 01, 2018  4:02 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote: I wonder how badly they'll mess this product up Unhappy
That's a little harsh, OldSchool! At least they're finally making a sword launcher! And besides, you can't already know how bad the product will be if it hasn't been released yet!
is there a photo? do you know if it’s LR?
https://goo.gl/images/8bWkLz

The link has a picture of it, if you look closely it says L and R next to the ripcord
(May. 02, 2018  3:47 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Omg it's so small haha

It looks like it is about the size of the master kit launcher, which is barely enough room for my hand, so I agree with you
My question isn't so much about power but longevity. The Digital Sword Launcher is well-known for lasting a short time compared to other launchers, as it would start to slip gears very early in its life cycle and go downhill from there as its condition declines with more launches. It just wears down way too fast to be a viable purchase.

Will the Hasbro version have this same wear issue, or will they fix that problem? That's what I'll be waiting to learn when this releases.
(May. 02, 2018  4:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: My question isn't so much about power but longevity. The Digital Sword Launcher is well-known for lasting a short time compared to other launchers, as it would start to slip gears very early in its life cycle and go downhill from there as its condition declines with more launches. It just wears down way too fast to be a viable purchase.

Will the Hasbro version have this same wear issue, or will they fix that problem? That's what I'll be waiting to learn when this releases.

For starters, it's got gears so it will wear out eventually, but since Hasbro's launchers make up lost power for durability, we may have better chances of surviving longer. But, this is the only sword launcher they've released, the new ripcord system may be exactly like the Takara Tomy version. But fingers crossed that this launcher does its job well without breaking so quickly like the others.
TT: Oh no, our sword launchers are breaking. Our fans are asking whats up.

Hasbro: Hold my soda.
(May. 02, 2018  4:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: My question isn't so much about power but longevity. The Digital Sword Launcher is well-known for lasting a short time compared to other launchers, as it would start to slip gears very early in its life cycle and go downhill from there as its condition declines with more launches. It just wears down way too fast to be a viable purchase.

I’m not sure the DSL complaints were about the launcher wearing down.  Most complaints i’ve read around here relate to a single specific gear that strips almost immediately.

That’s the symptom at least.  I suspect the digital RPM meter encourages ultra hard ripping as well, so excessive and repeated full powered launches by grown adults chasing higher RPM numbers might be the actual cause of the stripped gear. at least that’s the reason i broke 2 of mine, lol.
Since the Hasbro Sword Launcher is becoming a thing now, maybe it’s time we throw in some sense and review this thing. Should take a couple months to fully complete this. Or 6 months...
I just hate how all their launchers are super small because it’s like the don’t want anyone past the age of 8 using them
My hand’s like the size of the entire supergrip launcher, which I predict is only a minor amount smaller than the Hasbro Sword Launcher.

Even I feel a pain when I try to grip like all the anime bladers do.
I don't think the size of the Excalius Sword Launcher would too much of a problem. But that's just me.
Feel “Free” to give this thread a “Double Impact” full of observation and discussion.
Since when did this thread stop being noticed? Should someone replace it to somewhere else or something?
I have noticed something interesting in JoJo's unboxing video of the Xcalius Set. The spin directions at the mouth of the launcher are on the opposite sides, eg. L is on the right and R is on the left. I believe this makes it easy to see that the Xcalius Sword Launcher has two gears instead of the usual three in the TT Sword Launchers.
(Aug. 04, 2018  1:24 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I have noticed something interesting in JoJo's unboxing video of the Xcalius Set. The spin directions at the mouth of the launcher are on the opposite sides, eg. L is on the right and R is on the left. I believe this makes it easy to see that the Xcalius Sword Launcher has two gears instead of the usual three in the TT Sword Launchers.

That does sound true, knowing the Hasbro Sword Launcher looks too tiny to hold four gears.
(Aug. 04, 2018  1:24 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: I have noticed something interesting in JoJo's unboxing video of the Xcalius Set. The spin directions at the mouth of the launcher are on the opposite sides, eg. L is on the right and R is on the left. I believe this makes it easy to see that the Xcalius Sword Launcher has two gears instead of the usual three in the TT Sword Launchers.

I hope someone is able to unscrew it to see the gears inside...
Has anyone tried out a Wear Out Test? One where you rip your launcher a thousand times until you feel a difference? It’d be cool to see some results but 1: I’m on a budget and don’t trust online services
2: Xcalius X3 Set isn’t released in Australia from what I hear.
I have the launcher and it does 9 turns in one launch. I counted the number of teeth on the ripcord and got about 81. So the gear must have nine teeth.

Also if you pull the ripcord at an angle is makes an odd noise. Otherwise is is hasbro best launcher yet. Nice grip, good power, and ia L/R.
(Aug. 04, 2018  1:56 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: That does sound true, knowing the Hasbro Sword Launcher looks too tiny to hold four gears.

Four? The TT Sword Launchers only have three gears. One the winder pulls, one where the prongs are, and one in-between the two.
(Aug. 04, 2018  1:57 AM)Grey Bey Wrote:

I hope someone is able to unscrew it to see the gears inside...

I could maybe unscrew mine, unless someone else is willing to, haha.

I've taken stuff apart for years, I should be able to put it back together once I take pictures of the inside ^-^
I mean before and after pictures would be useful to see what ends up wearing down after use, but I wouldn't want to risk my own until it becomes nearly useless lol.

It would be cool if they used some kind of standardized size gears, it would be pretty simple to replace the worn plastic ones then.

On an off note other than metal gears for launchers it would be really cool to fabricate a grip handle that could snap into the hasbro switchstrike ripcord launchers side spot.