[Product]  BBG-24 Beyblade Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Attack & Balance Type

if that face bolt icon is any indication, it doesn't seem to harken to Godzilla at all. more like a mythical horse beast. zurafa is a good close one, but doesn't seem to be quite right, either. no idea how it connects to the name 'Zirago' at all, but that face bolt certainly appears to be some sort of Kirin.
IM SO EXITED FOR THIS SET! THANKS FOR THE PICTURES! Grin

EDIT: This is my 100TH post Grin
Absolutely love the design of 'Zirago.' Looks closer to a giraffe than Godzilla though. Maybe the track and tip are supposed to be huge? Hahaha, I have no clue.
I think the beast in the Stone face is more closer to this beast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin#Japan
Oh man....Takara Tomy has done it again I am so totally sold on that set. That thing is probably the most beautiful Zero-g IMO.
.... So no Godzilla beyblade despite the heavy godzilla-pun sounding name?

I'm rather disappointed.
(Oct. 24, 2012  3:27 AM)Technocrat Wrote: .... So no Godzilla beyblade despite the heavy godzilla-pun sounding name?

I'm rather disappointed.

So am I, really. Why would a giraffe always be associated with Qilin anyway, and why would TAKARA-TOMY pronounce the 'gi' correctly this time ?

I have no idea why a giraffe would be a qilin but the face marks and the scales on zurafa's clear wheel make it pretty obvious that TT don't understand what a regular giraffe looks like.
Hopefully, if I had both DX sets, I can make the Ultimate Fire and Water Synchrom beys, Saramanda Ifraid E230GCF and Orojya Revizer A230JSB. Hopefully, WSF is in this DX set.
quilin, in japanese is spell kirin, which is also meant giraffe in modern japanese
I thought kirin is one of the Chinese's ancient beast.
@∞: The Qilin/Quilin/Quillin is definitely an ancient beast of chinese mythology but "Kirin" is the japanese name and I have no reason to disbelieve the statement that the japanese name can also be used for giraffes since it would definitely explain the otherwise very strange connection between the animals.
well personally i`m glad its not Godzilla i was never fond of the idea but Qilins are one of my favorite mythological creatures soo i`m cool with it Joyful_3 also has everyone forgotten that Balro is a carp BALROG???!!!! THAT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!
It was basically known, but I can now confirm that "Girago" is based on Qilin : it was written in last month's CoroCoro ...
Thks for the information Kai-V
My guess was right after all.
Really? "Girago"?
Anyway, it's one of my favorite Zero G Bey so far
Just curious (I really don't mean to imply any failure on your part) but how does one confuse a Z and a G?
In that pronunciation, they're both "ji" in katakana. ジ could be gi pronounced like ji, or could be zi.
(Nov. 07, 2012  10:16 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Just curious (I really don't mean to imply any failure on your part) but how does one confuse a Z and a G?

The Katakana ジ (Ji) is used for both Zi and the "Dji" pronunciation of "Gi".
And, as I have mentioned many times, Godzilla is written "gojira" in Japanese ...
Sorry, I forgot there was an alternate writing of "gi".
Do we know yet if this set includes a launcher?
(Nov. 09, 2012  2:29 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Do we know yet if this set includes a launcher?

All the content is shown in the first post, and you can see everything on the right side of the box too, where I do not seem to see any launcher. It would be shown there if there were any.
cant wait till it comes
After this link was posted in the BBG-25 topic, I have added the full, confirmed list of content for this Set with all the official spellings in the first post.

https://my.takaratomy-business-service.c...t-136.html