[Product]  BBG-17 Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 2 Archer Gargole SA165WSF

Blood Orange Ver. perhaps? haha. But then again, the colour isn't that dark.

I like the "Black Archer" Crystal Wheel, looks very nice.
(Jul. 21, 2012  3:33 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Thanks again Kai-V but I have a question: are the red M145Q parts pearlised like those gorgeus crystal-like faces?

If so, I want them!

All the plastic parts in this Random Booster are translucent.
(Jul. 21, 2012  3:36 PM)Cannon Wrote: Blood Orange Ver. perhaps? haha. But then again, the colour isn't that dark.

I like the "Black Archer" Crystal Wheel, looks very nice.

I think "Harvest Moon Ver." comes to mind with the alt color.
(Jul. 21, 2012  3:38 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: All the plastic parts in this Random Booster are translucent.

That is both obvious and not what I was asking.
Being pearlised and being transparent (they are not translucent, since you can actually see through them) are not interconected traits. The presence of one does not exclude or assure the presence of the other. The facebolts are both transparent and pearlised but the video does not make it entirely clear whether the rest of the parts share their pearlessence.

EDIT: sorry about the fancy words, I'm willing to rephrase if need be.
I am not necessarily sure what "pearlised" is then.
Pearlessence is a quality similar to metalicness (metalicity?) but one that can be imbued to the plastic, rather than requiring the addition of paint or glitter. As such, it is far more resist to wear. Most starter legends have their parts pealised and yet, for some reason, most bladers don't seem to know what the term means.

The name comes from the fact that their shine resembles that of pearl.
Very interesting insight you have on the matter, Draco. I'm guessing Takara is emphasizing on the advantages, or had, with pearl colored parts?
Im excited for this Random Booster,I'll be getting those Reviser's for sure! The Zero-g random boosters so far are very useful in my opinion,lots of good parts. I hope I can find these beys super-cheap like I did with the first one.
(Jul. 21, 2012  4:14 PM)Syncrystal Wrote: Very interesting insight you have on the matter, Draco. I'm guessing Takara is emphasizing on the advantages, or had, with pearl colored parts?

I have never seen a big deal made out of it by any company.
Hasbro didn't even mention that it was a feature of the legend series and it wasn't always obvious through the layers of their packaging. Plus, they ditched it entirely in the double packs.
TT favoured glitter over it when it came to adding shine to the "legend blader" clear wheels so they clearly weren't that up on it either.
DRACO: Translucent is probably a more accurate description as they generally don't allow detailed images to pass through them. If they are pearlised then they'd definitely be translucent rather than transparent.
I've come to realise that there is no clear dividing line between transparent and translucent. Call them what you will, so long as you have understood the terms you're using.
Pearlized is a color descriptor commonly used in paint. Think of it as kind of metallic, with slight metallic flecks or a metallic quality swirled into the plastic.
How much you wanna bet in Zero-G Attack mode it makes a noise similar to GCF?
(Jul. 22, 2012  3:34 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: How much you wanna bet in Zero-G Attack mode it makes a noise similar to GCF?

Who are you talking to exactly? haha. And, are you talking about SA165?

If you're talking about SA165, then of course it will make a similar nose; due to those bumps or protrusions, on it. Just like what S130 does. Smile

Anyways .. here's the box.
[img]http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/marchenshop/cabinet/hobby/img58517038.jpg[/img]
Yeah, I was talking about SA165, haha.
Dunno what you mean about S130, it doesn't really do that when it hits the stadium. (I've never even had that happen...)

Box looks too much like 1 lol.
TT really step up on Zero G box designs. I really like it. But of course like Raigeiko said, it look like 1.
I bet it make even creepier noise than GCF
I dig how zesty the green is even, though Archer Gargole is mostly black.

Edit: or purple, forget me.[/code]
It is not necessarily related to this product, but looking at another Zero-G box again, I really like that they write "Synchrom System" on it, because it clearly hints at more systems in the future.
Wow the box look beautiful and I'm lovin' it. So epic but i don't really like the face bolt
(Jul. 22, 2012  4:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is not necessarily related to this product, but looking at another Zero-G box again, I really like that they write "Synchrom System" on it, because it clearly hints at more systems in the future.

With the direction Synchrom is going, I wouldn't be surprised if the very next season (if there is a next season) or, the anime's second-arc introduces a new system with one or two more layers. I fully expect automatic mode change being a regular function again. Except with Plastic/Metal UP modes.
I like that box,its cool...I expected some kind of purple box though. I might order one of these.
(Jul. 21, 2012  11:31 PM)zionson Wrote: Pearlized is a color descriptor commonly used in paint. Think of it as kind of metallic, with slight metallic flecks or a metallic quality swirled into the plastic.

It's not quite the same shine as metallic but it is similar, yes. It is a quality swirled in though, not flecks within the parts. The metalic flecks of the TT legend blader beys are not the same as the pearlisation of the hasbro legend series beys.
so i've thought a bit about the best place to post this, but i thought that this would be the most appropriate since i have done some tests, none of which are official because i don't have a BB-10 stadium.

i would like to give my initial thoughts on the new track SA165, of which i have 2.

in the "normal mode", where the concavity of the disk faces up, it allows the bey to wobble at large angles without scraping, however this was on a relatively flat surface. i'm not sure how the inclinations of a stadium would alter this property. some predicted that the bowl shape of this disk can give the blade a signifcant LAD advantage when almost out of stamina when the part came out, and it is true that once fallen on its side the blade is still able to make quite a few rotations lasting for approximately between 1-2 seconds (this was measured on a rubber sharp tip due to it easily tipping over at low spin velocities and having no LAD properties of its own)

in the "zero-g attack mode", where the concavity of the disk faces down, the small bumps around the rim of the disk come into contact with the surface of the stadium when tipped over, resulting in a greatly decreased LAD performance, although some still exists. that said, in this mode the angle of wobbling before the rim comes into contact with the stadium surface is greatly decreased, and hence presents a balance issue. however, it should be noted that tips with their own LAD properties such as RDF and WD can be used to completely prevent scraping within the natural sloping of the bottoms (i.e. the bey does not slant at angles further than the plane of the WD tip) on a flat surface, a WD tip completely lying on its plane will leave just over 1.0mm of space between the edge of the disk and the floor. again, this may decrease to a concerning amount in the curved nature of a stadium which i cannot vouch for.

i cannot draw any conclusions about the defensive properties of the track at this point in time, as it is rather difficult to get an attack type to hit full force on the defense custom i have tried to mess around with (MF-H Death Cygnus SA165 "zero-g attack" RDF) in a stadium as big as mine, not even taking into account that my stadium is broken. however, at low track heights (100) which allowed for flash to hit the plastic rim, the plastic-metal contact did reduce recoil. yet considering that low track attack customs seem to have fallen out of favor compared to their S130 and __145 variants, the chances of the aforementioned plastic on metal contact are really quite low.

one final point i almost forgot to add: not all metal wheels can utilize SA165 in both modes legally(?), due to the overhanging of some metal wheels (my death wheel, for example). in "normal mode", the wider part of the track is perfectly in line with where the metal wheel is held in place by the track. as such, metal wheels with an overhanging rim like death do not allow for the disk to be completely fitted on in normal attack mode, and hence a bottom cannot be fixed onto the track, creating an illegal situation. I tried screwing in the facebolt AFTER attaching a bottom to the track to prevent the disk from popping out in order to accomodate this extra overhang, and it did work aside from the fact that i nearly broke the facebolt and track from over tightening it. however, i believe this is illegal because it would change the overall height of the track and not let it serve its intended purpose.

overall, i feel that in normal mode SA165 has a potential as a stamina track due to it's LAD capabilities, although it's odd height might be its downfall (but TH170 is in the "competitive MFB combos" stamina list, and a i doubt a difference of 0.5mm would be much) it's wide diameter (although not as wide as BD145 i believe: i measured and both my SA165 have a diameter of 4.15cm -just short of the death metal wheel-, but i don't have a BD145 so hey, what do i know xD) and weight (??no scale so i can't measure..) may help it in the defense category. i do believe that it encounters less scraping problems than BD145, but since i don't have one i can't vouch.

that's all for now (oh wow, that was quite a bit O.o) but i hope members that have the parts (and a stadium.... curse me) can test for top-tier potential!
SA165 in Normal Mode can only fit with some Metal Wheels ? That would be very stupid from TAKARA-TOMY : either make it legal only for one part like Hell and BD145, or make it legal for everything ...

Is anything mentioned about that in the instruction sheet ? Could you scan it or take close and clear photographs of it ?
Heres the unboxing- www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFbkNDnNRmw&feature=plcp