[Product]  BBG-11 Zero G BeyStadium Defense Type

If I'm understanding the display of time and the people in hardhats on Ameblo correctly, they are undergoing maintenance until the time listed.

I would be more reliable if I read japanese, but the cartoon does not seem too ambiguous.

Posting that here as well, because people might not check the Levizer thread.

I don't think the stadium is good.. I don't even like the colour.
(May. 15, 2012  12:53 PM)Cannon Wrote:

Posting that here as well, because people might not check the Levizer thread.

I don't think the stadium is good.. I don't even like the colour.

OMG the beasts look awesome also the stadium reminds me of a halloween punch bowl...
Yeah, know we can see how the beasts are, I just don't like the stadium.
This is the official image :

[Image: zerogstadiumdefensetype.jpg]

The centre can clearly be seen.
I'll have to see it IRL before I know whether or not I like it. But at least it won't be easy to mix up which stadium is which...

Wink
If you look closely at the picture, here are the differences(visual) from the zero-g attack stadium:
1: Green Smile
2. the center bit seems to be flat Chocked_2
3. there is only one hole.

This stadium looks much more stable... but also complex in my opinion.
(May. 15, 2012  5:39 PM)Luckâ„¢ Wrote: If you look closely at the picture, here are the differences(visual) from the zero-g attack stadium:
1: Green Smile
2. the center bit seems to be flat Chocked_2
3. there is only one hole.

No, really ? We have known this for days, you are just repeating the obvious ...
Haha, yep. I thought so, except I didn't have much time, so I onl read the first few posts. Uncertain sorry. And the first few where basicly the questions for this. Grin
The Zero-G BeyStadium Defense Type is approximately one centimetre shorter, just in terms of height, than the Zero-G BeyStadium Attack Type.
Thanks for the image Kai-V. It looks really cool.
I think judging from that video is really not a good idea, the stadium will of course not move if both Bey are just sitting in the center. I also think writing off the legality of this stadium just because it has one pocket is not a great call.
I do not think that anybody already considers this stadium illegal. In fact, from what I remember, the response has been mostly positive so far.
If that's Ifreed battling Revizer then it definately weakens attack severely.
The stadium is a prime candidate for inclusion in the Zero-G metagame as far as I'm concerned. I want to see how the Attack, Defense and Balance stadiums operate as a set before even considering dropping any of them.
From the looks of it, the Zero-G stadiums change the metagame completely. You need to specifically build for the stadiums and an entire slew of spin tracks are unusable because of the nature of the stadiums. it's almost an entirely different format in itself.
(May. 23, 2012  4:40 AM)zionson Wrote: From the looks of it, the Zero-G stadiums change the metagame completely. You need to specifically build for the stadiums and an entire slew of spin tracks are unusable because of the nature of the stadiums. it's almost an entirely different format in itself.

Hence why we are having such a difficult time deciding how we implement Zero-G stadiums inside our tournament formats, and inside our Beypoint System, hah.

Do you have the Zero-G Stadium Defense Type though ?
(May. 23, 2012  5:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Do you have the Zero-G Stadium Defense Type though ?

Fresh off the boat, as it were.

Will test it out later tonight. Will share my thoughts when I manage to sit in front of a computer long enough.
(May. 22, 2012  8:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not think that anybody already considers this stadium illegal. In fact, from what I remember, the response has been mostly positive so far.

I am one of the potential exclusions to this. I really do not like a singular pocket, but it does seem to be much bigger than it originally looked.

My stance on it will depend entirely on how much flat surface really is present.
(May. 23, 2012  9:49 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(May. 22, 2012  8:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not think that anybody already considers this stadium illegal. In fact, from what I remember, the response has been mostly positive so far.

I am one of the potential exclusions to this. I really do not like a singular pocket, but it does seem to be much bigger than it originally looked.

My stance on it will depend entirely on how much flat surface really is present.
There isn't much. While the bowl is shallower than the BBG-04, it wobbles just as much if beys go to the sides. Ironically, despite the fact that there's only one pocket, it's fairly easy to stadium out because the bey will tend to be flung out in that direction. But basically if you use an attack type bey in this stadium your chances of self-KO is fairly high.

I'll need to do more tests and we'll be using this stadium for a side event on BeyDay, so we'll learn more. If there's one thing I can say it's that it's extremely noisy, making it difficult to test while the rest of my family is asleep lol.
(May. 23, 2012  11:38 PM)zionson Wrote: Ironically, despite the fact that there's only one pocket, it's fairly easy to stadium out because the bey will tend to be flung out in that direction. But basically if you use an attack type bey in this stadium your chances of self-KO is fairly high.

Really? The Stadium is circular, I can't think why Beys would gravitate towards the pocket more than anywhere else. Looking forward to some feedback on this particular Stadium though.

I can see why Zero-G is so hard to implement now, haha. With these new stadiums there's a potential of an extremely balanced metagame. On the other hand it could be more broken than before. Personally I don't like the stadium for the same reasons Hazel listed. Only time will tell :p
(May. 24, 2012  4:45 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I can see why Zero-G is so hard to implement now, haha. With these new stadiums there's a potential of an extremely balanced metagame. On the other hand it could be more broken than before. Personally I don't like the stadium for the same reasons Hazel listed. Only time will tell :p

Agree 100%. Smile

I missed the update/release of this stadium, but now when I see it, I am not really impressed with it....
It won't be too much of a problem implementing Zero G, as long as we can easily get rid of this stadium by calling it illegal for WBO Organized Play.

But well, its quite a weird thing to have just one pocket in a Stadium like that... Confused
(May. 24, 2012  3:32 PM)Serotonin Wrote:
(May. 23, 2012  11:38 PM)zionson Wrote: Ironically, despite the fact that there's only one pocket, it's fairly easy to stadium out because the bey will tend to be flung out in that direction. But basically if you use an attack type bey in this stadium your chances of self-KO is fairly high.

Really? The Stadium is circular, I can't think why Beys would gravitate towards the pocket more than anywhere else. Looking forward to some feedback on this particular Stadium though.
The stadium isn't strictly circular as there is that one pocket which makes the wobble imbalanced. This means that when it rotates, the tilt will favor the pocket side naturally because of the weight on that side. Also, if you inspect it closely, the curve of the bowl extends beyond the level of the pocket, meaning if a bey were to start climbing up the slope of the bowl with its spin, it will inevitably stadium out because the slope is higher than the hole.

Perhaps pictures will explain it better ...

More anecdotal thoughts: The stadium will also rock significantly if you use a wild bey, just as with the Attack Type stadium, but you risk throwing yourself out a lot more. The slightest "flat" surface in the center of the stadium is practically a safe zone for heavy defense types, and it's difficult for attack beys to push them around. From the get go, using an attack type bey in this arena is a very bad idea because attack types will start climbing the bowl by default and eventually push themselves out. Attack types cannot control the battle by rocking the stadium. Instead, the stadium encourages the use of stamina and defense beys that stay in the middle.

EDIT: Personally, I like the addition of the Zero-G stadiums to the game. It forces you to think beyond the bey. You need to consider the stadium you're building for, not just your opponent. While there's always the random factor due to the movement of the stadium, good blading will result in consistent wins in these new arenas. The easiest decision would be to simply declare them illegal, for sure. But there's something that Zero-G stadiums bring to the game that no new bey design can match. More than ever, you're forced to consider the environment where you're battling and build towards it.
I completely agree with your edit, zionson. It will force you not only make combo against other beys, but combos for other stadiums. I could see something where in tournaments, there would be all three stadiums, and the stadium you battled in would be random,so you not only had to choose a combo against the other bey, but a combo for that specific stadium. If there would be a separate Zero-G format in tournaments and you wanted to use it, you would have to be required to have all three stadiums(attack, defense, and balance).
The top-tier combos would have to be more precise than ever. Here's what an example of what the format would be:

Attack type combos for Attack type stadium:
bey x
bey y
bey z

Defense type combos for Attack type stadium:
bey a
bey b
bey c

Stamina combos for Attack type stadium:
bey d
bey e
bey f

Balance combos for Attack type Stadium:
bey g
bey h
bey i

And so on and so fourth for each type of stadium and each type of bey combo for that stadium.

See, I think the stadiums should be made legal, but you had to have all of them for a tourney, and you had to use a special Zero-G format if you wanted to use the stadiums.