[Product]  BBG-11 Zero G BeyStadium Defense Type

This looks horribly biased against attack. That said, I'm kind of hoping based on its release, that attack types might be strong enough in Zero-G to warrant the release of a stadium specifically designed to nerf them.

I doubt it's any real indication though.
I concur. With the strategy of using the centrifugal force to throw your opponent out of the Attack Type Stadia, they will be to powerful. So, a defense type stadium is needed. Maybe, it has a small flat bottom from what I saw, and enough force could send it rocking, so Attack Types have some chance of winning by using that one hole.
I was thinking mayby the bowl in the middle is deeper than most stadiums so defence types will be harder to knock out the stadium.
Just a guess. We'll have to wait and see.
If it is only one hole, this looks sick! I'd love to do Attack vs Attack in that for fun, kinda like Super Vortex stadium, haha.

Thanks for all the pictures including the other topics, Kai-V!
Looks a lot heavier than the Zero-G attack stadium, maybe it will sway less or not sway at all?

The extra pocket makes the stadium remind me of one of the stadiums in the MFB Cyber Pegasus video game.
Oh that's a good point, the amount of sway could be different for different stadiums! I believe that's also what Hazel was getting at, although in a different way.
(Mar. 21, 2012  10:43 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Looks like 1 pocket only to me.

No, that is definitely an external pocket containing an exit, ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) was right.
Haha, just to joke around:

The Attack Type Stadium may be a good salad bowl, but this is a good frying pan.
[Image: e9fech.jpg]
looks like strategy will have to come to play for this one.
IMO, unless attack in ZG is that overpowered, then this stadium will clearly be unbalanced meta wise

Then again, the strong possibility exists where because of the numerous factors taken into consideration with ZG, I dont even know if we will have a metagame at all, or if everything will literaly just be "lets wing it" minus one or 2 combos that just dominate almost everything
(Mar. 22, 2012  2:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2012  10:43 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Looks like 1 pocket only to me.

No, that is definitely an external pocket containing an exit, ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) was right.

1 pocket only, as opposed to the attack stadium which has 3. I'm right.
(Mar. 22, 2012  4:01 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: 1 pocket only, as opposed to the attack stadium which has 3. I'm right.

That is what I meant by "extra pocket". The Zero-G Stadium Attack Type's shapes are not really pockets ... At least, they are really not as pronounced as the Defense Type's one, which oddly sticks out, hah.
So its just one hole with a larger radius.
This has to be one of the weirdest looking stadiums ever...
For me, the naming "Defense" or "Attack" stadiums doesn't make sense, because looking at videos, it seems as though normal statistics don't apply to these stadiums, and matches are significantly shorter.

That being said, this stadium looks interesting, I'll be ordering some of these.
At the most basic level it makes perfect sense.

The "Attack" stadium provides 3 holes that an attack bey can use to knock other beys out of the stadium.
The "Defense" stadium provides only 1 hole that an attack bey can use to knock other beys out of the stadium.

3 exits favors attackers and 1 exit favors defenders (and stamina beys).
(Mar. 22, 2012  6:27 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: At the most basic level it makes perfect sense.

The "Attack" stadium provides 3 holes that an attack bey can use to knock other beys out of the stadium.
The "Defense" stadium provides only 1 hole that an attack bey can use to knock other beys out of the stadium.

3 exits favors attackers and 1 exit favors defenders (and stamina beys).

Yes, it makes perfect sense, with 3 exits attack beys could easily make the stadium sway enough or knock the beys out, but with a defense stadium there is only one exit so the attack bey/s will have to have a perfect shot to knock the bey/s out. And I thought attack beys would dominate.
Does this mean we can look at metagame balancing on a new level? Rather than just find one stadium that kind of works for all 3 types, have seperate stadiums that work in an effective manner in different situations? Assuming that all of these new stadiums perform as intended (Defense best in defense, attack best in attack) couldn't we use whatever stadium, or maybe even alternate stadiums in tourneys? We could also use these stadiums to control metagame balancing. If attack gets overpowered, use the defense stadium. If defense gets overpowered, use the attack stadium

Again, this is all under the assumption that both of these ZG stadiums truely are equal with respect to benifiting their intended type.
This kind of seems like an oversimplified version of the differences brought to the table with Tornado Balance Type S and Tornado Attack in HMS competitive play, really.

On the one hand, neat.

On the other hand, I have two buy two Stadia... possibly more...
But why use a stadium that favors toward one type if a stadium does come out that works well for all three?
What situation would call to use a stadium that works best for a single type unless a type is overpowered though? And if Attack (or any type for that matter) does become overpowered, I'd expect that we would already be trying to find a new stadium or even hit the ban hammer on a part or two, if need be.
That would really just be it. If the metagame unbalances on one side, we use one stadium. if it unbalances on the other, we use the other stadium

That is in theory anyway. We will not know how good/bad these stadium are for ZG until the toy line and the stadiums are released and properly tested.
Ah, well you confused me when you said "situations, since I wouldn't see any other situation than that.
And yes, only time will tell.
In HMS, it was a game of knowing what worked in each Stadium. If these are all relatively balanced enough in their respective fields, they will of course be legal.

Only time and a whole lot of testing will tell, though.
We could never use a stadium-adjusted metagame, i.e. change the stadiums to adjust the metagame, because getting even one stadium is a hassle for most hosts and probably the largest reason for tournaments not happening.

The Attack stadiums have always been the most balanced, and unless attack is excessively powerful, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the same again (based on wall-exit ratios and all that).

Having a single exit doesn't seem like an attack type could ever win through anything more than chance, but yeah, we don't know anything yet.
I agree. Time and testing will tell though.

On the subject of stadium availability, I suspect that Hasbro will be able to sell these stadia (as opposed to their own design) because the new design is inherently "safe". That would make a huge impact for all of us I think.