[Product]  BBG-09 Random Booster Vol. 1 Thief Phoenic E230GCF

It says: Approximately.
Oh, so it shall move up and down? So that is what the word "Elevator" stands for, eh?
I did expect this to happen, but not as it has been described here. I would have fancied mode changes there, wherein the "disk" could be fixed on a wide-range of heights. Probably ranging from 230 to 145.
But well, seemingly it is not fixed at all... So, lost a bit of interest in it, but well, the gimmick seems to be fun anyway...
The gimmick sounds so cool, but the reality always comes out to this: it probably sucks, great idea though. Try again next time.
This looks so cool, i want one so bad now.
Guess theres not gonna be any extra cardboards since zerog beys weigh nearly the same.e230 and gcf looks seemingly heavier than most tracks though.
I did miss that. I don't know if this has been said before, but the Gya/Gear Circle Flat might connect to E230 in a certain way that it's like a mechanical-working TH170, thus the gear (/gya), working it's way up/down when hit. So, if it could bring itself down to _____ height, what would we call that terminology-wise? If it could go from 230 to 85, that would be AMAZING( not very likely). Also, what if we could set this at a certain height, say 210, and then it would work it's way from there? So we could set a height at the beginning of a battle, knowing we want an attack type at the beginning, stamina/defense at the end, so it could go from set hieght to another height depending on the number of hits? Sorry, I'm ranting speculation, but these ideas might be true, showing how little we know.
There is a gear on E230, and there is one, fixed, on GCF. Two separates gears ...
GCF might be like CF but when the gear scrapes E230 changes height?...
(Apr. 15, 2012  4:33 AM)Blazeburn Wrote: GCF might be like CF but when the gear scrapes E230 changes height?...

GCF is not connected to E230 in any special way ... You could have RS on E230 and the elevator gimmick would probably still work.
I think the first thing I'll be doing if I get two of these is trying to find something fun to do involving interlocking the gears on the tracks/tips...
So..... The gear has something to do with the gimmick.All i can think of is twisting the whole disk before battle like the the old G(?) series.
It is an elevator. An elevator does not twist, there is just one row where something can go up or down.
A 230 for attack? Ok this series just got a whole lot interesting.

Thanks Kai V.
(Apr. 15, 2012  5:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is an elevator. An elevator does not twist, there is just one row where something can go up or down.

Actually, the very first elevator-like devices did twist. It's called an "Archimedes Screw".

[Image: Archimedes-screw_one-screw-threads_with-..._small.gif]
image credit: wikipedia
So, if TT decided to make E230 with this "Archimedes Screw", would that mean that we would have a track that either twists mid-battle or you have to twist before every battle? Oh my god..... wouldn't that mean the supposed twisting would throw the bey off-balance if hit while twisting, or crunch the other bey and be the single best defense track yet? Yet again, I'm speculating.
Doesn't look like it would be any sort of archimedes screw to me, it really looks like a straight pillar (like an extended version of BD145's centre part).
Yeah, but I think what Arupaeo is getting at is that there is the potential for the disk to spin around the centre to work it's way up or down. Kinda like a screw. At least I think that's what he's getting at. Although, it is kinda difficult to figure out how the heck that would work with a spinning Beyblade.
Yeah, but that's the thing, I really don't see any mechanism to make that happen, it looks like a very straight, roughly square shaft, and squares don't rotate that smoothly Tongue_out
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the screw idea isn't happening. Seems way too elaborate and complicated.
I'm fairly confident that the gimmick you can change what height the disk part of E230 sits on the track. Basically this track is the child of BD145 and TH170.
Just looking at E230GCF, I totally see an evil Beyblade. Especially with Phoenec's design.
(Apr. 15, 2012  8:55 PM)-Vulcan- Wrote: Basically this track is the child of BD145 and TH170.

I never thought that tracks were even able to... never mind. But really, it does have that air about it that makes it look like BD145 with the abilities of TH170, except that it might be mechanical. Could Elevator mean it elevates in the same sense of CH and TH?
(Apr. 15, 2012  3:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: Doesn't look like it would be any sort of archimedes screw to me, it really looks like a straight pillar (like an extended version of BD145's centre part).

(Apr. 15, 2012  5:05 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Yeah, but I think what Arupaeo is getting at is that there is the potential for the disk to spin around the centre to work it's way up or down. Kinda like a screw. At least I think that's what he's getting at. Although, it is kinda difficult to figure out how the heck that would work with a spinning Beyblade.

Actually I was just saying that the earliest elevators did in fact rotate, and so that the presence of the word "elevator" did not by definition exclude rotation from the potential mix.

The picture doesn't seem to support any rotation, so my own best guess would be that the disk of E230 can be moved up or down the shaft of the track to various fixed positions.
Maybe it will work like Vari? When Vari is low on rpm, the yellow part comes out. Maybe on E230, when it's low on rpm, it will go lower, and vice versa.
(Apr. 15, 2012  11:07 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: The picture doesn't seem to support any rotation, so my own best guess would be that the disk of E230 can be moved up or down the shaft of the track to various fixed positions.

That's what I was saying in my rants. It might be able to stay at fixed positions and then move from there, if what I'm gathering from the last 2 pages or so are correct. I'm going off of Kai-V(?) saying that E230 changes it's height slightly when hit. If so, depending on if E230 only moves down, as an example, you could aim for it to be hit with a certain combo, so it would work it's way down to 125 height, which Brood has said is golden in the Attack stadia in another thread. Could it's gimmick be moving to different heights during battle, changing from ____ type to ____ type by the end of the battle? I'm ranting again, so if you guys are annoyed by it I'll stop.
There's a pic of the whole blade in a pic in an ebay item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221000678132?s..._740wt_973

The track looks quite odd. I'm hoping that the ring will go upwards towards the MW. Hopefully this will mean a new defence track since the only proper one we've had for a while is BD145. GCF looks wierd and useless.