[Product]  BB-80 Gravity Perseus AD145WD

GP seems to be lacking in our (my little brother and I's) tinkering with the bey. It definitely doesn't even have a shot at winning if it isn't spinning in the opposite direction of the opponent.

And we don't really see a differnce in Counter and Defense.
Which mode has more recoil, counter or defense?
(Jul. 03, 2010  10:00 AM)NAP Wrote: And we don't really see a difference in Counter and Defense.

took the liberty of fixing up the typo.
(Jul. 03, 2010  11:45 PM)momiji manju Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2010  10:00 AM)NAP Wrote: And we don't really see a difference in Counter and Defense.

took the liberty of fixing up the typo.
.... Tongue_out Was that really necessary?

About Perseus, has anyone seen a clear difference in performance with Left and Right spin? I don't expect there to be one, since the wheel seems to be fairly circular, but I am curious.

Edit: Anyone use as a crappy zombie? Tongue_out_wink
(Jul. 03, 2010  10:00 AM)NAP Wrote: It definitely doesn't even have a shot at winning if it isn't spinning in the opposite direction of the opponent.

Me fixing the typo up was not necessary, however it was polite to inform people that I did, rather than do it unknowingly. Was it necessary to make a note of it?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TAKARA-BEYBLADE-L...048wt_1139

(Dun-Dun-Duuun!)
(Dunnna-Dunnna-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun--Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun)
(Jul. 04, 2010  3:20 AM)Sora. Wrote: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TAKARA-BEYBLADE-L...048wt_1139

(Dun-Dun-Duuun!)
(Dunnna-Dunnna-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun--Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun)
You do not need to post what dimsum2u has on eBay. He already makes topics here with the new items he receives, if you have not noticed, and he gives members here a discount compared to his prices on eBay. He is one of the WBO Authorized Beyblade Dealers. Considering how long you have been here, I would have expected you to know all of this already.
(Jul. 04, 2010  12:59 AM)Hero Wrote: Edit: Anyone use as a crappy zombie? Tongue_out_wink

How many people will ask this?
Left spin =/= zombie
Bearing tip + round + small protrusions + opposite spin direction of opponent = zombie.
Sorry... It was just really weird to see something on ebay only 9 days (2 days) after its release.
Why not use it as an attack combo because of the recoil?
I have been thinking that maybe GP may have its own trick to be used. Has anyone tried launching with less power? Could it be that reducing the power of the launch reduce its recoil? I am not that good of a physicist but just trying to think. Has anyone tried this before?
That would reduce recoil, theoretically at least.
I think a fair few people have been launching it at full force.
Considering that the stamina of the vast majority of attack combinations is completely abysmal, it should have more than enough momentum left even when launched at a 1/3 of the usual strength considering the wheels weight, especially with a metal face.
(Jan. 29, 2010  1:20 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2010  1:05 AM)The LVJ Wrote: In certain myths, Perseus, Medusa, and the Pegasus are linked.

Perseus beheads Medusa, and Pegasus springs from the pool of blood if I remember correctly.

Perseus cuts Medusa's head off, then Pegasus rises from the blood that spurted out of Medusa's body. He then uses Pegasus to fly to the sky to defeat the Chimera, by using his new head for a weapon
(Jul. 07, 2010  5:08 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2010  1:20 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2010  1:05 AM)The LVJ Wrote: In certain myths, Perseus, Medusa, and the Pegasus are linked.

Perseus beheads Medusa, and Pegasus springs from the pool of blood if I remember correctly.

Perseus cuts Medusa's head off, then Pegasus rises from the blood that spurted out of Medusa's body. He then uses Pegasus to fly to the sky to defeat the Chimera, by using his new head for a weapon

Its all because of this beyblade i want to watch that film, "clash of the titans" again. rofl!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPQYEXNFt...0JGQoHIYkQ

Ha ha, you can totally see after Gravity Perseus wins, it's still spinning, but when they do another camera angle it's not!
Haha, I see what you mean. It was most likely edited.
The most odd thing, in my opinion, is that in the show, when Perseus changes modes, Medusa appears, instead of Perseus. The things that concern me are:
1. Poison Serpent already uses Medusa in the show
2. I see no connection between Medusa an Perseus, except for the fact that Perseus killed her.
(Jul. 10, 2010  3:22 AM)OkiBlader Wrote: The most odd thing, in my opinion, is that in the show, when Perseus changes modes, Medusa appears, instead of Perseus. The things that concern me are:
1. Poison Serpent already uses Medusa in the show
2. I see no connection between Medusa an Perseus, except for the fact that Perseus killed her.

According to the WBBA blog post on the Gravity Perseus prototypes, the 3 dots you see on the Gravity wheel represents Snake eyes.
http://www.c-player.com/ac98884/thread/1100095174224
I believe Perseus, according to mythology, also personally used Medusa's head against others. So, in that sense, he "controls" her, or her powers.
Oh, that makes sense.
The thing about the Snake Eyes is still sorta odd to me... I still see no pure connection between Perseus and snakes, besides Medusa, again. Maybe that's just it.
i was actully expecting the face to be a greek soilder holding up medsuas severed head lol,but that would probley be to graphic for a kids toy..

But still at least they inculding something reffercing medusa since the constaltion is actully of both medusa and perseus
(Jul. 10, 2010  3:22 AM)OkiBlader Wrote: Poison Serpent already uses Medusa in the show
Haha, I see what you mean. It was most likely edited.

I know its getting off topic but... i agree, if i were to change the storyline of the anime i would've made Julius use GP to perm defeat this in order to unlock the powers.
Yh i also agree, they definitely edit that part, at least when they went and edit it they actually had Unicorn out of the stadium would've thought they forgot Tongue_out

(Jul. 10, 2010  3:29 AM)Climax Wrote: According to the WBBA blog post on the Gravity Perseus prototypes, the 3 dots you see on the Gravity wheel represents Snake eyes.
http://www.c-player.com/ac98884/thread/1100095174224

Yes the dots are medusa's eyes (or her snakes).