[Product]  BB-80 Gravity Perseus AD145WD

I only managed to sit through the first video, but it seems amazing to me that Gravity Perseus lost against everything.
Oh well there's still hope since it's still a long way from being fully tested.
I was surprised that this Bey was cheaper than Ray Unicorno or Galaxy Pegasis. I mean, this IS a somewhat main bey in the anime, and it also has the double beylauncher feature, so why is it cheaper?
(Rhetorical question btw.)
(Jun. 28, 2010  1:45 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: I was surprised that this Bey was cheaper than Ray Unicorno or Galaxy Pegasis. I mean, this IS a somewhat main bey in the anime, and it also has the double beylauncher feature, so why is it cheaper?
(Rhetorical question btw.)
Both R2F and CS require the rubber to be placed through or wrapped over the plastic parts, this procedure is more difficult than just molding plastic parts.
Also, both sets (G.Peg and R.Uni) include the Beypoint card.
This is true.
I stand (well, actually sit) corrected.
I'll still never understand for the life of me why people test blades un-customized.
It's like trying to street race with a nissan skyline straight out of the factory, you just wouldn't do it, you will loose.

We need Gravity Perseus 90RF and CH120CS in both right and left spin,
along with Gravity Perseus GB145/C145WB in both right and left spin in a stadium with a ridge.

Before anyone states "why not R145?", R145 isn't tested, we know we get solid results from both GB and C.
im guessing people test un-customized to see if its anygood out the box,
although beyblades being good out the box is quite a rare case
I'll test some tomorow (It's 1030 PM here, dont want to wake anyone up).
I currently only have 90RF, the RF being really worn down, and CS, no CH120 D:.
And I don't have either GB nor C, but I do have ED and R, which, I know, aren't the best defensive parts.
I apologize for the lack of parts.
It's fine, try it with ED145WB for defense if you can, and D125CS.
It's obviously not going to be as effective as CH120 is, but it's still closer in height and diameter than 90.
Alrighty, do you want just text or video as well?
If you can do video, then that's all the better!
But if you don't have a tripod or anyway of filming it without sacrificing how well you're launching then just text results laid out as shown here:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MF-Quetz...#pid277951
Will be fine.
(Jun. 28, 2010  3:03 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: What's the opposing bey?
It would be great if you can test it against other Top-Tier combos from each type.
Thanks for doing this, OkiBlader!Joyful_2
I'll try my best.
I think when DrigerGT gets his, his battles will be more informative, since he's done it before.
So here is what I'm gonna try to test tomorow:
MF Gravity Perseus ED145WB VS MF Lightning LDrago D125RF
Gravity Perseus 90RF VS Earth Bull ED145WB

Yea or Nay?

I will do each round best out of 5, first to three, twice: once with GP in left spin and once with right.
Should I also switch the modes as well?
If so, that will add up to a whopping 8 battles.

I apologize again for the lack of good top tier parts.
Since it's so heavy wouldn't it preform better with a CS than an RF?
Not really. When someone tested it it didn't work as well as with RF. The statement that CS works better on heavier attackers isn't really that true it seems. Anyway it doesn't really matter for one single test.
(Jun. 28, 2010  3:24 PM)OkiBlader Wrote: So here is what I'm gonna try to test tomorow:
MF Gravity Perseus ED145WB VS MF Lightning LDrago D125RF
Gravity Perseus 90RF VS Earth Bull ED145WB

Yea or Nay?

I will do each round best out of 5, first to three, twice: once with GP in left spin and once with right.
Should I also switch the modes as well?
If so, that will add up to a whopping 8 battles.

I apologize again for the lack of good top tier parts.
It would be best if you can add a Metal Face to Earth Bull ED145WB.
Also, testing the different modes in different spin directions would help provide us with some good information on how Gravity Perseus performs.

Again, Thank You for doing this!
No problem.
However, My LLDrago JUST broke during the testing, so Perseus as a defense type tests will be delayed.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
I was thinking about using Storm Aquario 100RF if that was still a good combo, instead of LLDrago.
Yea or Nay?
Yeah that's a top tier combo.
(Jun. 27, 2010  3:27 AM)OkiBlader Wrote: It looks like to me that TT reused parts from Blue Beylaunchers and Beylauncher L's for the prongs.
I do not know how you meant this, but personally this move that TAKARA-TOMY did might not have been made out of pure laziness and worry of economy, like might be believed. It is actually a very good way to remind people what rotation they are using : "Oh, this set of prongs is white, so it must be the left-spin side. I will switch." Japanese kids are not necessarily able to read and understand English, so even if it is engraved in the launcher, they might not know.

Well, this is assuming that the left prongs are indeed for left spin, hah. From the CoroCoro pages, they should be.
(Jun. 28, 2010  3:39 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: change D125 to 90.

Wait whaaaa? With MF Lightning LDrago the top tier combo is with CH120 so you can match the height. Or at least I believe it's that way. So I think for battling against a 145 height track you should put it at a 145 height.
EDIT: Sorry read earlier posts he does not appear to have a CH120 sorry again for that.
(Jun. 30, 2010  1:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2010  3:27 AM)OkiBlader Wrote: It looks like to me that TT reused parts from Blue Beylaunchers and Beylauncher L's for the prongs.
I do not know how you meant this, but personally this move that TAKARA-TOMY did might not have been made out of pure laziness and worry of economy, like might be believed. It is actually a very good way to remind people what rotation they are using : "Oh, this set of prongs is white, so it must be the left-spin side. I will switch." Japanese kids are not necessarily able to read and understand English, so even if it is engraved in the launcher, they might not know.

Well, this is assuming that the left prongs are indeed for left spin, hah. From the CoroCoro pages, they should be.

I didn't mean it to be a bad thing, I was just pointing out something that might have been true. I think its good for them for doing so.

And yea, White is for left spin.
Gravity Perseus 100CS* VS MF Earth Bull ED145WB
Attack Stadium
MF Earth Bull launched first
Beylauncher-LR for Both
Banking with Gravity Perseus
Gravity Perseus 100CS in Counter Mode, Right spin

Results:
Gravity Perseus 100CS: 2
MF Earth Bull ED145WB: 6
Double KO's: 1

Banking shots were perfect with Gravity Perseus, but it didn't have the potential to knock out MF Earth Bull. When Perseus lost its power, it transitioned into stamina mode and lost by outspin. The protrusions of Gravity are not large enough to create a really strong smash attack.

*CS was used as an alternative to RF because my current RF would only stay place and lose by outspin.

This is what I have so far, I'll be continuing testing later.
(Dun-Dun-Duuuuuuun!)