[Product]  BB-22 Bey Custom Set Stamina & Defense Type

(Nov. 23, 2008  9:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2008  9:16 PM)savatoex Wrote: DEFINETLY BUYING ideal should have it by now but they dont for some reason btw y does the grip say beypointer?
It tells you where to insert the Beypointer. On the handle, it is written "Launcher Grip".

darkbladerx200, Aquario weighs 36 grams according to hind.

yeah thats were i found the weghts wasnt 2 sure thoght so are theese just some useless weels or will they be useful i think they both look promiseing aqurio will be good in left spin imo and 100hf doesnt look usefull at all XD
I have a strong suspicion that Hole Flat will surprise many of you...
(Nov. 24, 2008  2:50 PM)Spinster Wrote: I have a strong suspicion that Hole Flat will surprise many of you...

What makes you say that?
My understanding of the principles of ballistic physics. It's a bit early right now, and I went on quite a bender last night with some mates, so I'm not going into it at the moment, but I'll explain my theories in due time.
Saving all the physics and explenations for later. Can you say what you think it will do good?
You think it will preform beter than a regular flat?
I figure the only difference will be that its potentialy lighter.
In short, same lateral speed as flat, more survival time.
Actually, Spinster's right as this new bottom enhances the air distribution over the Beyblade that it will have the same performance in speed manner as the Pegasis(relative decrease in speed that can easily be neglected) and due to less friction it will have a greater survival time that we'll have a more balanced(in power and the stability/equilibrium of the rotational axis)

Overall, I think HF will be a perfect choice for smash attackers(When compared with the current bottoms) in terms of its greater survival/attack ratio
Is it me or the HF bottom seems to be also nice for upper attack ?
Well, not really. To properly upper attack, the attacker must weight more than the defender, otherwise you just wind up force-smashing yourself. While it's negligible, any loss of mass will increase the trend towards the latter scenario.
Okay, I am very interested in HF now haha
To be honest unless the bottom of the flat bottom is somewhat convex, the middle of it won't be contacting the stadium floor at all during all but the lowest speeds anyway. I think that Hole Flat will not be very different from Flat, but we'll see...
But honestly, considering the relative weight of the tip to the wheel, and how much mass can be removed from the tip, I don't see this making much difference to performance. It's probably negligible, looks nice in theory but not in practice.
I have four of these (2 attack and balance, 2 defense and stamina) coming... so I will be able to test Virgo and Aquarrio completely.
(Nov. 25, 2008  5:50 AM)Nic Wrote: But honestly, considering the relative weight of the tip to the wheel, and how much mass can be removed from the tip, I don't see this making much difference to performance. It's probably negligible, looks nice in theory but not in practice.

The issue is not the weight but the difference in the air-flow and friction distribution over the Beyblade
(Nov. 25, 2008  10:49 AM)ZenX Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2008  5:50 AM)Nic Wrote: But honestly, considering the relative weight of the tip to the wheel, and how much mass can be removed from the tip, I don't see this making much difference to performance. It's probably negligible, looks nice in theory but not in practice.

The issue is not the weight but the difference in the air-flow and friction distribution over the Beyblade

Are we still talking about hole flat? A flat tip with a hollowed out core, as with [Image: 3c93e6fd.jpg] this photo taken from hind? Otherwise, what the carp are you talking about?
Yes, we are still talking about the hole flat(physics behind it)
I really don't see how hole flat will perform any differently than regular flat.
(Nov. 25, 2008  9:24 PM)Anubis Wrote: I really don't see how hole flat will perform any differently than regular flat.

In theory, it should perform better for smash attackers, however, I can't say anything further since I haven't put my hands on one Grin
Why would it perform better for smash attackers? If the thing even performs better at all, the idea is that it has more stamina. Why would this be particularly helpful to smash attack?
(Nov. 26, 2008  2:27 AM)Anubis Wrote: Why would it perform better for smash attackers? If the thing even performs better at all, the idea is that it has more stamina. Why would this be particularly helpful to smash attack?

I get the feeling he's being like Gotruto and spouting out random/false logic about the laws of physics.

I personally think that HF will perform similarly to WF, but that's just my opinion. It's not backed by any science, false or otherwise.
It will not perform like WF unless it is nearly the same width...
(Nov. 27, 2008  3:42 AM)Anubis Wrote: It will not perform like WF unless it is nearly the same width...

I said that because I imagine the width to be about the same. When I first saw "Hole Flat", I pictured a large, flat tip, but with a hole in the center. So, again, I don't have much basis behind my theories regarding this particular Bottom, since it's all based on how I imagined it.
(Nov. 27, 2008  3:40 AM)Grey Wrote: I get the feeling he's being like Gotruto and spouting out random/false logic about the laws of physics.

I personally think that HF will perform similarly to WF, but that's just my opinion. It's not backed by any science, false or otherwise.
XD
(Nov. 27, 2008  3:40 AM)Grey Wrote: I get the feeling he's being like Gotruto and spouting out random/false logic about the laws of physics.

When a hole at the bottom of a spinning top changes the friction distribution (whatever the carp that is), it's more than a feeling.
I love Boston!