[Product]  BB-18 Libra DF145BS

I don't think Libra's track will work if it's supposed to suck down air and create some pressure. The weight is just too much centralized on the top to let the track in the middle influence the whole blade.
I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly Libra's Track is trying to accomplish.
Guessing from the pictures in the video Kai-V posted, the wings are supposed to work like a ventilator pushing air down while spinning. It's probably supposed to give the blade stability. And as I said, I can't believe it will seriously affect the blade.
(Oct. 15, 2008  9:16 PM)Kei Wrote: I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly Libra's Track is trying to accomplish.

it's going to be worthless, calling this right now, especially at 145
The track is used to clean the stadium of dust which may affect your Beyblade's performance!

Anyway I don't like the track. It could be stronger than 145 due to the additional weight, but I don't see any promise.

The tip really excited me because the red one on the topic looks like it has a metal tip, but it has revealed itself to just be another sharp tip. I don't think it will be any stronger or weaker than sharp bottom. Oh well...
Takara-Tomy is obviously stalling. I bet Metal tips on Bottoms won't be released until 2009.
It almost looks like they're trying to give that Track Upper attack...and failing at it. Sort of. :\

Anyway, the Track's a disappointment, especially at 145. Ball Sharp...not sure how useful that will be.

Isn't "Ball Sharp" an oxymoron?
It seems like the Track is trying to create downforce.

However will those "wings" be enough to actually do so?
(Oct. 16, 2008  2:22 AM)bugturtles Wrote: It seems like the Track is trying to create downforce.

However will those "wings" be enough to actually do so?

I don't know if the slopes are long enough for that... I mean I can understand the theory, but it just seems sorta stupid to do it on such a small scale and expect it to work wonders..
It worked for Metal Sting base back in plastic gen...
(Oct. 16, 2008  5:46 AM)Spinster Wrote: It worked for Metal Sting base back in plastic gen...

it did not
Libra is my star sigh, so I will definately get this. However, I like the wheel design for Libra, something I will definately use. From the photo, I can't see it being a Bearing Shaft. All will become clear in a week or so though =D.
(Oct. 16, 2008  9:25 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Libra is my star sigh, so I will definately get this. However, I like the wheel design for Libra, something I will definately use. From the photo, I can't see it being a Bearing Shaft. All will become clear in a week or so though =D.

You should really read the last few posts of a thread before posting in it ... we already know the Track and Bottom.
Yes, my bad...I just found this out when I looked at BB Spirit.

I assumed, but we all know what assuming is don't we lol.

Anyway, looking forward to getting blade. I agree with the downforce that is meant to occure from thos wings on the track...can't see them making a huge amount of difference to the blades potential.

I may have over-looked something but I'm not to sure on whether somebody has mentioned this?? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Libra's DF145BS could mean "Down Force" 145 "Ball Sharp". I may be stating the obvious here. Looks like the database for part abbreviations will be pretty big??
im sooo behind on MFB......but Libra looks bad carp
(Oct. 16, 2008  10:53 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Libra's DF145BS could mean "Down Force" 145 "Ball Sharp". I may be stating the obvious here. Looks like the database for part abbreviations will be pretty big??
Actually, now that you mention it, they did write "DOWNFORCE" (in Katakana) on the whole beyblade picture. This would make a lot of sense.
I can't tell whether your being sarcastic or genuine here lol O.o?
i'd already assumed DF was Downforce haha
(Oct. 16, 2008  3:07 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I can't tell whether your being sarcastic or genuine here lol O.o?
Hm, I was serious.
The wings physically do not have the power to provide significant downforce. It pushes the air up, and it will get plenty of air, but they aren't large enough to make a difference. Back in plastic generation, we saw Bump King and Trypio giving noticeable force. Bakushin-Oh's force was not noticeable, but I think because of the position of the blades and the number of them, it would make a physical difference on the Beyblade's performance. May not be noticeable though.

These wings are too small and too close to the center to make a difference at all.
(Oct. 16, 2008  3:07 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I can't tell whether your being sarcastic or genuine here lol O.o?
Rarely is Kai-V sarcastic when verifying information on MFB. Wink

(Oct. 16, 2008  7:56 PM)Anubis Wrote: These wings are too small and too close to the center to make a difference at all.

Are we completely sure, though? The only pictures of the Track that I saw were a side-view, and a render.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the video. Those wings don't look like they'd be big enough after all, but I'll wait and see.
(Oct. 16, 2008  10:22 PM)Grey Wrote: Rarely is Kai-V sarcastic when verifying information on MFB. Wink

It appears I have a lot to learn about Kai-V =D. I think she is a mysterious character...just need to get to know her I suppose.

Anyway, this will be bought in the beginning of November =D.
Back of the Wheel

And according to that Japanese BBS this image came from (I would link to it, but posts disappear after a while ...), it would be quite heavy, approximately 42g, but this is really not certain.
i REALLY preferred the look of the prototype image that was released, without the reinforced parts. Unhappy
Looks really good. It looks like it will be more useful for Defense than Endurance, though.