[Product]  BB-119 Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF

Um. No. The rubber is thinner than RF, but the D part is extremely wide. It's logic that it should have a 100% self-KO rate after extreme wear.
(Oct. 13, 2011  12:19 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Um. No. The rubber is thinner than RF, but the D part is extremely wide. It's logic that it should have a 100% self-KO rate after extreme wear.

"The D part is extremely wide" ? I think this whole Bottom is a Frankenstein's monster between defense and flat : if you look at the Bottom the way it would be attached to a Beyblade, with the tip pointing downwards, the upper platform seems quite flat, if only with a slight angle or curb, then you have the protruding tip in the centre which is narrow but might be counted as a part of 'Defense', and finally the end of that tip is cut off, making it mostly flat.
I would have thought that the protrusion would be considered the "F" since it looks like F and the rest of it would be "D" since it is shaped like WD, but I guess it makes more sense since it's rubber defense, not rubber flat defense.
Well, I would like to call this tip as a completely opposite CS- (wondering if anyone noticed this)
This thing has rubber at the center, and a plastic D; as opposed to CS' plastic at the center and rubber around it.
Well, even though I can clearly see a modified DS in that tip, I am sure that it would work quite differently.
dei- Yes, even I think that the tip might wear down extremely fast. Also, the purpose of naming it RDF is still a mystery.
Quote:I would have thought that the protrusion would be considered the "F" since it looks like F and the rest of it would be "D" since it is shaped like WD
This is what even I have believed unto now. But, your other explanation also seems to be true. Smile
If the tip protrusion really is rubber then this will be useless within a week or two.
That's what I'm afraid of, but as Kai-V implied, it is quite narrow.
An even clearer image of RDF :
http://ameblo.jp/takahisa4227/image-1104...84327.html

So the brighter red part in the middle is the rubber, and the plastic 'casing' around it is dark red plastic ...
I hope they make it so this rubber doesn't wear fast.
Because if so, it's gonna wear faster than a soft RS. :\
Unless they dynamically molded the plastic inside the very end so there is a plastic tip of matching shape, keeping it usable even if illegal.
Looking at RDF, I can't help but feel as though it's going to be similar to RSF and we're just going to use it for Defense combos. Really hoping it'll be a rubber similar to the RSF's after Ray Gil though so we can get some more aggressive movement.
The side view looks really interesting!
Thanks for the pics, Kai-V and minglok!
Well yes, RDF really looks quite thin and prone to wearing. But I am sure it might find niche use in Defense! With every new picture, I seem to change my observations. That looks like RS, which would offer pure Defense. Followed by a DS like outer casing which might help to counter RS' Balance issues.
it seems realy nice, I will get it when it comes out, but I want to know if rdf will be good ?
We cant say whether it will be good before it is tested but yes as Jan said it looks like an RS covered by the plastic of DS so it might be a good part for defense or else may act a little like RSF? but I really think it might be a lot more calm due to the plastic on the outside being larger than the inner rubber so after rubber wears down a little..only plastic will stay
It is a near flat rubber tip with a plastic outer casing (angled at the very edges to lessen scraping slightly), making it the width of WD. The rubber then protrudes outwards in the center to form a rubber version of the "F" tip. This is not, however, "RF" as RF is the width of "XF" and not the width of F.
I hope that helps.
I'm still puzzled why TAKARA-TOMY is releasing so many images of this Beyblade; hell there might be a week left but this is just odd..

I think the design is ingenious, while I think its "usefulness" after wear can be significant, If anything, that thing is a rubber protrusion, it will grip on.
Still, you cant judge a book by its cover. How about tests first, then our opinions? Because are we ABSOLUTLEY SURE that the flat part is rubber, and how far away it is from defense part? No. And its kinda obvious why BBS, theres a week left....
(Oct. 15, 2011  4:14 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: And its kinda obvious why BBS, theres a week left....

The official pictures were published several days ago, and that is highly unusual for TAKARA-TOMY who is commonly very secretive about upcoming Beyblade releases.
Am I the only one who sees Metal Weight Grip Core?
So added weight in the tip? Sounds like even more reason to believe it will wear fast. Should be pretty great out of the box though...
(Oct. 15, 2011  1:50 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: So added weight in the tip? Sounds like even more reason to believe it will wear fast. Should be pretty great out of the box though...

It's not a fact that there's added weight you know, Deikailo simply stated that it looked like it to her.
There is no metal in that tip otherwise they would have clearly shown it in CoroCoro and perhaps even in TAKARA-TOMY's pictures.
Cant say that I'm in love with the color scheme, but I love the overall design of the metal segments.