[Product]  BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D

(Sep. 18, 2011  8:35 PM)BladeUnicorno Wrote: I read something interesting about the phantom wheel. One of the reasons why phantom has a plastic core is to make the center of the bey light. That means all the weight is focused into the outer part of the wheel, thus "maybe" contributing to phantom's amazing stamina.
But is that not obvious already? The whole Phantom Wheel itself is a round, heavy ring. If central weight is added, even to such a slight point, it could be that shock runs throughout the Core.

But then again, we have to notice that no testings are up as of this post, so it is not so true yet, if it is at all.
(Sep. 18, 2011  9:01 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: To Dragocmeat, I believe that that would be a tad bit different in MFB with bearing cores..

I watched enough videos to know that the basics of bearing cores remain the same. BGrin has been show to spin at an angle with little to no loss of stamina, right up until the moment it stops.

Now with the realeased with B:D give stamina the upper hand in battle now
(Sep. 18, 2011  10:42 PM)Zero X Wrote: Now with the realeased with BGrin give stamina the upper hand in battle now
Not exactly... Just because it has incredible spin times doesn't mean it's impossible to beat. I'm sure a decent attack type (Variares, Blitz, Beat, etc.) can KO it.
(Sep. 18, 2011  10:44 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  10:42 PM)Zero X Wrote: Now with the realeased with BGrin give stamina the upper hand in battle now
Not exactly... Just because it has incredible spin times doesn't mean it's impossible to beat. I'm sure a decent attack type (Variares, Blitz, Beat, etc.) can KO it.
In a video posted I think on page 10 of this thread (50 posts per page, to warn you) that showed that an uncustomized Phantom Orion can be beaten by an uncustomized Blitz Unicorno, so yeah, what Kaiba said, I guess...
Here's the link again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aljthJpZ6...er&list=UL
Yea and the thing with stamina types are sometimes they don't have good defence however that could be fix by putting a basalt wheel with Bearing Drive but I guess a decent attack type could KO or beat it.
(Sep. 18, 2011  10:49 PM)CRUelty Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  10:44 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote:
In a video posted I think on page 10 of this thread (50 posts per page, to warn you) that showed that an uncustomized Phantom Orion can be beaten by an uncustomized Blitz Unicorno, so yeah, what Kaiba said, I guess...
Here's the link again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aljthJpZ6...er&list=UL

Uncustomized Blitz Unicorno comes with a defense tip and a bad track(for its method of attacking).

I wish people would stop placing so much value in random youtube videos - by and large, they're absolutely worthless. Either performed by incompetent people, or utilizing terrible/default combos.
I know, but it's marketed as an attack type, and Kaiba referred to a 'decent attack type'... which uncustomized Blitz is vaguely, in a small way is one...
It's not like I was the one that found it...
(Sep. 19, 2011  12:56 AM)CRUelty Wrote: I know, but it's marketed as an attack type, and Kaiba referred to a 'decent attack type'... which uncustomized Blitz is vaguely, in a small way is one...

EDIT: Derp, misread it. -Deleted-
(Sep. 19, 2011  12:56 AM)CRUelty Wrote: I know, but it's marketed as an attack type, and Kaiba referred to a 'decent attack type'... which uncustomized Blitz is vaguely, in a small way is one...

No, you didn't find it, but you're citing it as a reliable source of Phantom Orion beating an attack type. The MW of Blitz is the only attack part on that entire default setup - and a MW is really the second-most-important part of what defines a "type" of Bey. It's more about the tip, which dictates the movement patterns.
Kaiba You didn't refer to anything, exactly. You just said 'a decent attack type'.
EDIT: I never said it was reliable, either.
(Sep. 19, 2011  1:00 AM)CRUelty Wrote: You didn't refer to anything, exactly. You just said 'a decent attack type'.

Refer to my post immediately after his.

If you don't really know what "decent attack type" means, don't respond to it.
But you have to go with a small fact:

How can we be so sure he had a "faulty" set of equipment? I understand what Hazel is saying, but if there is no momentum with Blitz on RSF what about momentum, on rapid movement with RF!?
(Sep. 19, 2011  1:26 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: But you have to go with a small fact:

How can we be so sure he had a "faulty" set of equipment? I understand what Hazel is saying, but if there is no momentum with Blitz on RSF what about momentum, on rapid movement with RF!?

RSF isn't aggressive enough to be called "attack". Blitz is best used on R2F, because Blitz appreciates extreme amounts of speed to KO in its typical fashion. RF works well, too, especially on lighter things, but R2F has become popular for a reason.

It's a matter of physics, not opinion.
I know but how is it still useless? All I am saying is that if a plain Blitz Unicorno is doing such, then how would it not be possible to do what you mentioned?
If certain CS' are considered attack, RSF is definitely considered. I know people who use RSF for attack which apparently has similar speed and more spin-time.
(Sep. 19, 2011  1:34 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I know but how is it still useless? All I am saying is that if a plain Blitz Unicorno is doing such, then how would it not be possible to do what you mentioned?

I'm not saying a KO with Blitz on RSF is impossible. I'm saying it's not the best circumstance to base claims of defeat on. Going "Well, Phantom Orion B: D beat Blitz Unicorno 100RSF, Blitz combos get beaten by it" is asinine. If it can bring down Blitz when Blitz is being used properly, more power to you. But it's not going to hold any water that a bad combo got beaten.

(Sep. 19, 2011  1:35 AM)Dan Wrote: If certain CS' are considered attack, RSF is definitely considered. I know people who use RSF for attack which apparently has similar speed and more spin-time.

I have RSF and a hasbro and sonokong CS. A mint hasbro CS is MUCH, MUCH faster and more aggressive than an RSF.
True, BD145CS on Gravity even is looked great at points.

I do not see then why B:D would be so shifting, actually I expect it to be increasing instead because people will know that naturally, B:D is taken down by Attack.
ok I thake my words back I just saw the new vid of AD I don't know if somebody already posted it. I am sorry if I double post. If not check this link out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5esQWT7o...re=feedbul
here you can see that it spins well over 7min
Precautions unaccounted:

1. Using Modified Launcher
2. Getting 7 Minutes with a DIY: Hint: Imagine a stock BeyLauncher.
(Sep. 19, 2011  1:41 AM)stevebak Wrote: ok I thake my words back I just saw the new vid of AD I don't know if somebody already posted it. I am sorry if I double post. If not check this link out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5esQWT7oKQ&feature=feedbul

So just as I knew from the beginning, there must be at least one or two pages worth of posts about how Phantom Orion cannot actually spin for seven minutes, people panicking, saying TAKARA-TOMY might have done something weird, trying to find out what is wrong with the users on YouTube, when all along it was absolutely clear that of course, Phantom Orion can spin for seven minutes. Do we really need any video to confirm this ? I believed TAKARA-TOMY from the beginning. This is like an unboxing : we can see all the parts on TAKARA-TOMY's site, so why are people doing videos showing the parts and the box again ...
Hmmm his BD had lost stamina due to the gap between the bearing and metal shift.... But still Phantom... its good......
(Sep. 19, 2011  1:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2011  1:41 AM)stevebak Wrote: ok I thake my words back I just saw the new vid of AD I don't know if somebody already posted it. I am sorry if I double post. If not check this link out.

So just as I knew from the beginning, there must be at least one or two pages worth of posts about how Phantom Orion cannot actually spin for seven minutes, people panicking, saying TAKARA-TOMY might have done something weird, trying to find out what is wrong with the users on YouTube, when all along it was absolutely clear that of course, Phantom Orion can spin for seven minutes. Do we really need any video to confirm this ? I believed TAKARA-TOMY from the beginning. This is like an unboxing : we can see all the parts on TAKARA-TOMY's site, so why are people doing videos showing the parts and the box again ...

Skepticism is the hip thing to do.

So, too, apparently, is trusting random people on youtube more than WBO members and Takara Tomy themselves.
(Sep. 19, 2011  1:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Well, I personally do unboxings for entertainment and for people who might be interested but don't go to TT's site. :\ Back on topic.

Yep, Phantom Orion can definitely spin for 7+ minutes. I never doubted them either; it wouldn't be like them to lie about it. Though, AD is still using his modified RUL. I'd like to see some solo spin times with a regular Beylauncher that aren't from random YouTube users.
that is EDS on orion not BGrin