[Product]  BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D

Seriously, does TAKARA-TOMY have two teams designing Beyblades? This is yet another Battle Striker-esque design. :\

(Aug. 09, 2011  6:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If TAKARA-TOMY is intelligent, they will continue trying to fix the issues from Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, so this ridiculous width for the 4D Bottom must be very intentional, yes.

It has to be. B:D is going to be very easy to KO, and 230/220 height customs shouldn't have trouble defeating it (an option which did not exist in previous generations where such dramatic height differences did not generally exist).

This is an interesting part, but it isn't going to be the "end of the metagame" (whatever that means).

(Aug. 09, 2011  6:40 PM)Mr. N Wrote: After Libra, I don't think TT will make the mistake of releasing a too over-powered part.

Basalt.
I get it, I get it. I edited my other post. :\
Ohmygosh.

Bearings... that's a new development. I really like that bring back of BGrin. This is definetely worth buying just for that. Don't know about the wheel, though.
To me the wheel looks like a night but it do's look cool and worth buying.
B:D is nice and all, but what about the MW? It looks like the new Burn to me. And the CW has a nice color.
Not burn, but a thicker version maybe. I don't think Attack will be much good. As Shabaabaloo said, the BGrin doesn't look as weak as it probably is.

AS...
(Aug. 09, 2011  7:35 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Not burn, but a thicker version maybe. I don't think Attack will be much good. As Shabaabaloo said, the B:D doesn't look as weak as it probably is.

AS...

It looks like a thicker version of Burn, yes.

It does look like AS, doesn't it? I was thinking that when I saw the picture of B:D.
That's what I'm afraid of? Zombies are cool and what not, but seriously AS stinked.

Honestly, it looks exactly the same. But the inner core of it looks much more productive and stationary in battle.
Hrm... This is a pretty varied development. It could be game breaking or simply good. Actually, this SHOULD be instantly top-tier, especially if it is 130+ height. I'm a bit interested in Phantom, since the thing looks beast, and may be a pretty good wheel. That 7 minute solo... I wonder if you could get 5+ with Phantom on something else? Simply because this is guaranteed to at least shake up the metagame, especially with Basalt and MLD. I don't, however, see this being as game-breaking as Wolborg MS' RC or Libra at the time of it's release. Gravity Perseus on RF will still be able to KO the thing, and Lightning should too. Regardless, amazing release.
lol all the discussion so far has been over F:D, nothing else.
To me, the wheel looks iffy. The protrusions on the side that look similar to Gravity look as if they could have smash (the "teeth") and the wheel looks like a mix of Burn and Night. The Clear Wheel, oh my god that is a sexy purple. Just plain sexy. Aesthetically, this bey looks soo much different from other beys, it has a different overall design to it, due to B:D and Phantom. It's sort of like looking at a Burn ___ 145WD, which looks kind of cool lol

EDIT: What's AS?
EDIT 2: herp a derp Sol Blaze
That's what I was thinking when I first saw this.
Haha, Kai-V was beaten to this. Anyways, if what it says is true (7 mins) then so much for Scythe Kronos.. and yeah... zOMG! Bearing Core! Hype much..
(Aug. 09, 2011  7:41 PM)Temporal Wrote: Hrm... This is a pretty varied development. It could be game breaking or simply good. Actually, this SHOULD be instantly top-tier, especially if it is 130+ height.
Not sure where you are getting that from..

Your statement on Gravity and Lightning contradicted that. Gravity should easy take this down on D125 height if it is 145 Below.
The mechanism of this is completely different to AS, despite how it appears.
(Aug. 09, 2011  7:45 PM)Hakumen Wrote: Haha, Kai-V was beaten to this. Anyways, if what it says is true (7 mins) then so much for Scythe Kronos.. and yeah... zOMG! Bearing Core! Hype much..
I remember when everyone was saying Scythe got an easy 5 Min plus, hopefully there's no false advertising involved.

(Aug. 09, 2011  7:45 PM)♥ Wrote: The mechanism of this is completely different to AS, despite how it appears.
Yes I know, but I was talking about a possible balance issue on the bottom of BGrin.

But nonetheless, you are correct. Haven;t read through everything, but is this a confirmed BGrin?
No, Kai-V cannot find the words B:D anywhere (at least she said that earlier) It IS confirmed Bearing Core though. If they call it B:C I'll squeal like a little anime schoolgirl KAWAII!!! because I originally made B:C for my story :D
I would think then that she would change the title, given she has the authority though.

I do understand that the gimmick here is 'BGrin', but I really like the Metal Wheel's clean cut side-to-side.
(Aug. 09, 2011  7:45 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  7:41 PM)Temporal Wrote: Hrm... This is a pretty varied development. It could be game breaking or simply good. Actually, this SHOULD be instantly top-tier, especially if it is 130+ height.
Not sure where you are getting that from..

Your statement on Gravity and Lightning contradicted that. Gravity should easy take this down on D125 height if it is 145 Below.

230. I remember seeing somewhere that 230 has issues with left-spin combos on 145+.
Lower Attacks = Tower brought down.

Yes, that is right, but that would totally suggest that huge height for it would be a no-no. Unless somehow the mechanism is just that good.
(Aug. 09, 2011  7:09 PM)Kei Wrote: 230/220 height customs shouldn't have trouble defeating it (an option which did not exist in previous generations where such dramatic height differences did not generally exist).

I don't think we should rule anything out yet other than the completely obvious fact that it will be trivial to KO. I think it should defeat 220/230 if it is 145 height.
Ah, the thing still looks so damn GOOD! Seriously, I would have gotten it just for Phantom and Orion, 'cause they just look so SMOOTH. Suave, if you will.
How about a Destabilizer on B : D? That would give it more stamina and the ability to destabilize higher track beys.
But think about it versing higher attacks? That would be just be instant-death...

That is, if B:D is taller than we expect.
That's what I was getting at. Destabilize then OS 230/220.

EDIT: BBS, this is the third time in two days that you ninja'd me. Really.
(Aug. 09, 2011  7:58 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Lower Attacks = Tower brought down.

Yes, that is right, but that would totally suggest that huge height for it would be a no-no. Unless somehow the mechanism is just that good.
I thought 85 became near useless because of 230? Lol, that's somewhat true, but 85 vs 230, 230 usually wins, but I see what you're getting at.
As Dan said, we cannot just suspect that immediately. I mentioned poor balance, but if Dan's theory is also correct. There could be a mix-up between lower heights, but still tall such as TH170 on 195 height. We can't OS that so easily...