[Product]  BB-114 VariAres D:D

Cool, at least we know what to expect. Hopefully tourneys will allow this.
hmm, even though the suggested method of changing modes is illegal during tournament rounds, wouldn't it be preferred to switch just by switching it without taking the blade apart?
I'd think they included the warning for good reason, though, and obviously they've had to include it as it wasn't mentioned in early videos.

Maybe it's just instructions for if it gets stuck or something? I dunno.
That could be possibility, actually. I don't see why they'd use that 'pen' tool without for it not changing on axis.
Possibly,this is illegal.Where did you get yours Oki?Yours might be a little different than AkirasDaddy.Since he didn't show the warning in his video.Also,did you try changing modes with that pen-like tool?Like get a pen or something.
The best is for us to see what happens when you change the tips with DGrin on its own, and attached to a Wheel.
Luckily, I received my Vari Ares in the mail yesterday just in time for HPT3, but I was too busy testing it to even notice that paper.

The F and S tips are slightly more difficult to switch, but after fiddling with it a bit again right now, I don't see how changing the modes by hand–while it is attached to a Wheel–could damage anything at all ...
Woo,when you change to F and S, is it stuck?
(Jul. 17, 2011  8:14 AM)Whatzzer Wrote: Woo,when you change to F and S, is it stuck?

Hmm? What do you mean? You pull out the tip, rotate it, then push it back down to lock it in place ... it's very easy to do.
Well,you did say it's slightly difficult.
(Jul. 17, 2011  8:22 AM)Whatzzer Wrote: Well,you did say it's slightly difficult.

Only because there isn't really any "ridges" for you to grip on to with your nails on the F and S tips. But even so, it's not what I would call "hard" to pull them out, and there is no scraping or resistance or whatever you want to call it with other parts as you switch tips.

I don't understand why TAKARA-TOMY would suggest you disassemble the entire Beyblade and use a pen to change the tips instead of just using your fingers. :\
More importantly, kei, first impression, should I buy it?
Mine is fully legal. I live in Japan, so I don't know why you would question it at all...

Kei, have you played around with the Light Launcher LR at all? It seems like the winder has a lot of resistance to the launcher, similarly to how you described the Digital Power Launcher. Do you see a similarity? It seems stronger than just a regular LL2 or LLL.
Torque is the word I use, I think it's right.

And I suspect the WHF release came without the warning, so maybe they've found an issue (jamming maybe, or something?) that required fixing. Dimsum's was WHF, so yeah.

Still, worth buying, just a yes or no would be fine? Even a PM? Pweeeaaase? Cute
Um a question Okiblaze? How much does it weigh? And is it worth buying?
Go to youtube and type Variares and search for Daddys videos.
(Jul. 17, 2011  10:02 AM)Katanazero Wrote: How much does it weigh?
Total: 50.14g
VariAres: 43.65g
Delta Drive: 5.44g
Facebolt: 1.09g
(credit goes to akirasdaddy for this info)
comparison to Basalt Horogium
Total: 54.19g
Basalt Horogium: 47.84g + 2.78g = 50.62g
(Jul. 17, 2011  9:36 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Kei, have you played around with the Light Launcher LR at all? It seems like the winder has a lot of resistance to the launcher, similarly to how you described the Digital Power Launcher. Do you see a similarity? It seems stronger than just a regular LL2 or LLL.

I don't see any similarity with the Digital Power Launcher as far as resistance goes. To me, it just feels like the LL2 and LL2L, except with maybe a slightly higher tendency to scrape. :\
I am quite late, but with TAKARA-TOMY's update of the official Beyblade site, it is clearly confirmed that this Beyblade's name is in only one word, although it is not clear whether the "A" should be capitalised or not. This joined name of course represents the fact that the 4D Metal Wheel is just one piece and that there is not even a Clear Wheel.
I was also wondering why people would say: " 'VariAres' has so much recoil. "

After seeing one Japanese video of 'VariAres', it was spelled the same; with a capital "A", that is.
Loving the appearance Cool
I sorta clicked on this because I thought it said Vari Aries.
uhm my DGrin is kinda tight...is this a factory defect or something?
(Jul. 29, 2011  3:40 PM)m0by_dick Wrote: uhm my DGrin is kinda tight...is this a factory defect or something?

Would you rather it be loose...?
i can't pull out F and S out without taking the bey apart...it's kinda annoying...
(Jul. 29, 2011  10:50 PM)m0by_dick Wrote: i can't pull out F and S out without taking the bey apart...it's kinda annoying...

Are you certain ? Although TAKARA-TOMY recommends to unassemble D:D from the rest of the Beyblade anyway, it did not seem impossible for other people to actually pull the current tip, rotate it slightly, then push the next tip back in without taking of D:D.