[Product]  B-49 Random Booster Vol. 3 Yaeger Yggdrasil .G.Y

(Jun. 14, 2016  8:06 PM)Kei Wrote: Wow, such bright and saturated colours. Thanks marutti!

Takara-Tomy Mall's pics are always oversaturated, fwiw
I just fell in love with Yeager Yggdrasil *-*
Yeager Yggdrasil comes with .G.Y, in case nobody noticed it yet. Also just to clarify, it will indeed come out as a second 'wave' on July 16th separate from Xeno Xcalibur, which gets released on July 2nd.

The Y Driver is made of POM, a different sort of plastics that is smoother. Additionally, from what I understand, it might have a cylinder-shaped tip, like a flat tip. This is weird though since Yggdrasil was a Stamina type before...

This is a list with the Disks confirmed, as bigger pictures allow us to see:

- Yeager Yggdrasil Gravity Y (Driver made of POM)
- white Storm Spriggan Boost ?Driver
- turquoise Rising Ragnaruk Knuckle ?Driver
- grey Kaiser Kerbeus Knuckle ?Driver
- blood red Victory Valkyrie Limited ?Driver
- green Strorm Spriggan Limited ?Driver
- yellow/green Rising Ragnaruk Boost ?Driver
- orange/red Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity ?Driver
(Jun. 15, 2016  5:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yeager Yggdrasil comes with .G.Y, in case nobody noticed it yet. Also just to clarify, it will indeed come out as a second 'wave' on July 16th separate from Xeno Xcalibur, which gets released on July 2nd.

The Y Driver is made of POM, a different sort of plastics that is smoother. Additionally, from what I understand, it might have a cylinder-shaped tip, like a flat tip. This is weird though since Yggdrasil was a Stamina type before...

This is a list with the Disks confirmed, as bigger pictures allow us to see:

- white Storm Spriggan Boost ?Driver
- turquoise Rising Ragnaruk Knuckle ?Driver
- grey Kaiser Kerbeus Knuckle ?Driver
- blood red Victory Valkyrie Limited ?Driver
- green Strorm Spriggan Limited ?Driver
- yellow/green Rising Ragnaruk Boost ?Driver
- orange/red Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity ?Driver

Given that the Layer colors and disk type reflect what we saw in RB1 I think it's fair to say the combos are.

- white Storm Spriggan Boost Y Driver
- turquoise Rising Ragnaruk Knuckle Y Driver
- grey Kaiser Kerbeus Knuckle Variable
- blood red Victory Valkyrie Limited Unite
- green Strorm Spriggan Limited Variable
- yellow/green Rising Ragnaruk Boost Press
- orange/red Kaiser Kerbeus Gravity Revolve

If Random Booster vol. 4 is going reflect combos in Random Booster vol. 2 like this set is, then we can make some good guesses about what's coming when that wave hits too
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyoxymethylene This is what is "POM", the part "properties" is the one which interest us ^^ Very interesting choice from Takara Tomy... Smile
My worry is that the rigidness of POM might work against it in such a high-contact game- however, I am very interested in obtaining it- original flavor Yggdrasil is one of my favorite layers for aesthetic purposes and this seems like an expansion of that.

EDIT: To clarify what I mean here, as someone who's worked with POM before, the material has a slippery, almost oily feel that could actually make quite a difference in a contact-based game like Beyblade- however, strong impacts against several types of polyoxymethylene- specifically, STRAIGHT impacts, have been known to shatter them (and rather violently). My other worry is that this layer will be CONSIDERABLY easier to burst- seeing as the teeth on a layer is made from the colored material of a layer, it's likely that the teeth on YY will also be POM- making them considerably slicker and easier to burst.
(Jun. 15, 2016  5:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Yeager Yggdrasil comes with .G.Y, in case nobody noticed it yet. Also just to clarify, it will indeed come out as a second 'wave' on July 16th separate from Xeno Xcalibur, which gets released on July 2nd.

Wait, I thought that I've already pointed out that Yeager Yggdrasil came with Gravity in the previous page...

It comes with a Y Driver, what could it possibly be? Well, thanks for the info about the Driver Kai-V.
(Jun. 15, 2016  11:20 AM)Orichalcon Wrote: My worry is that the rigidness of POM might work against it in such a high-contact game- however, I am very interested in obtaining it- original flavor Yggdrasil is one of my favorite layers for aesthetic purposes and this seems like an expansion of that.

EDIT: To clarify what I mean here, as someone who's worked with POM before, the material has a slippery, almost oily feel that could actually make quite a difference in a contact-based game like Beyblade- however, strong impacts against several types of polyoxymethylene- specifically, STRAIGHT impacts, have been known to shatter them (and rather violently). My other worry is that this layer will be CONSIDERABLY easier to burst- seeing as the teeth on a layer is made from the colored material of a layer, it's likely that the teeth on YY will also be POM- making them considerably slicker and easier to burst.

No no, only the tip of the Driver will be made of POM. The same plastic as before will constitute the Layer, no worries there.
(Jun. 15, 2016  5:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The Y Driver is made of POM, a different sort of plastics that is smoother. Additionally, from what I understand, it might have a cylinder-shaped tip, like a flat tip. This is weird though since Yggdrasil was a Stamina type before...

Wasn't Polished Defense made of POM? Maybe the driver would have a similar shape/movement pattern?
(Jun. 15, 2016  11:20 AM)Orichalcon Wrote: My worry is that the rigidness of POM might work against it in such a high-contact game- however, I am very interested in obtaining it- original flavor Yggdrasil is one of my favorite layers for aesthetic purposes and this seems like an expansion of that.

The POM is characterized high abrasion resistance and Low coefficient of friction ^^ "High abrasion resistance" Smile
And the layer is made of classic plastic. Only the driver is made of POM Wink
And the Zeus tip was, too, IIRC?

Was hoping for a Zeus like tip, of a WD. But maybe TT is going for a staller idea?
what if it is an eternal flat driver, that would be pretty nice.
does POM sort of have lower friction than other plastics?
(Jun. 15, 2016  9:12 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: does POM sort of have lower friction than other plastics?

Yes, that is what everyone has said in the posts above starting from mine.
Though frankly I am slightly worried- if there's nothing like Zeus' bearings in the driver, every single strike will send the blade to the other end of the stadium. Frankly I'm hoping for a thin tip, since it's the best way to make use of POM's friction-low nature, but a flat tip would be interesting, if probably useless.
I really would've liked Dark Deathscyther in here, IIRC it looked fantastic in orange in the anime.
You're probably going to get Dark Deathscyther colors in the next Random Booster but it's most likely going to be in the same colors as the Deathscythers in Random Booster 2
(Jun. 15, 2016  10:41 PM)Takowowo Wrote: You're probably going to get Dark Deathscyther colors in the next Random Booster but it's most likely going to be in the same colors as the Deathscythers in Random Booster 2

I can only hope. Teal Deathscyther is the definitive model.
Considering black K2 has Gravity Revolve which was an upgrade of KHS, from RB1, I think they should, weird they actually did that RB1 random Beyblades the same colour as the RB3 Beyblades as well as being upgrades.
The colours are sick, especially red VV... Any idea though what will be the price of this random booster?
(Jun. 16, 2016  1:45 AM)ronitnath Wrote: The colours are sick, especially red VV... Any idea though what will be the price of this random booster?

972 yen each.
[Image: akh91d.jpg]

Here is a picture of the Driver. It looks alright, kinda like Zeus' tip (except not free-spinning)

Credit goes to marutti.
Woooah, that's pretty cool. Interesting choice of the translucent yellow Driver with pink tip. Also; is that whole pink part the tip part, or is it more of a 'base' for a smaller part which I think I see near the bottom?
Its name is Ylting?

Is red POM a first in Beyblade? For sure that is usually the colour of rubber hah.
(Jun. 25, 2016  3:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Its name is Ylting?

Is red POM a first in Beyblade? For sure that is usually the colour of rubber hah.

Ylting... What even.

Red POM was used for Zeus Wink