[Product]  B-36 Booster Rising Ragnaruk.G.R

Hey, for once it was not copied from MFB but HMS.
looks kind of like horusood.
(Mar. 18, 2016  3:11 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Hey, for once it was not copied from MFB but HMS.

Do you need to make a post like this in every thread about an upcoming release?

Meanwhile, we get designs like Victory Valkyrie which look genuinely novel, yet I don't see much outpouring of praise for it.

It's not my intention to be rude to anyone here, sincerely, but the posts in upcoming release threads are almost always either complaints or really wild speculation.

It would be nice if we could see some more positive remarks more often, and some discussion about what the potential gameplay implications of these parts could be.

As for Rising Ragnaruk, I don't get the sense it will be super strong. It's right spin only and the attack points for that don't look very prominent. And the indents on the perimeter seem like they will only serve to invite the spikes of opposing Beyblades. But it's hard to say just from one photo from one angle.

Both the Disk and Driver seem like they will be must-haves, though.
Actually, Victory Valkyrie, while still quite different from it, is very reminiscent of Blitz Unicorno. Nothing wrong with that though, Blitz was an excellent design and Victory does a great job of condensing it down into a more visually appealing (and colourful) form.

Nor is there anything wrong with Rising Ragnaruk. Yes, it's shape is sort of similar to Jiraya but it's still its own thing and is unlikely to be anything like the HMS bey in performance due to material differences. It looks weak to bursting due to the notches on its edge but seems to have a good outward weight distribution without too aggressive of a shape. And, of course, there's definitely something to be said for the fact that the only enclosed edge plastic is the "helmeted" face piece, that's nice and thematic.

I try to keep my own speculation based in fact and do love to discuss hypothetical performance.
Honestly, Blitz has very little in common with Victory Valkyrie other than its general three-reversed-spikes shape. If we are going to call similarities based on superficial details like that, then I guess Takara-Tomy will never be able to produce an "original" design again.
(Mar. 18, 2016  4:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Do you need to make a post like this in every thread about an upcoming release?

Meanwhile, we get designs like Victory Valkyrie which look genuinely novel, yet I don't see much outpouring of praise for it.

It's not my intention to be rude to anyone here, sincerely, but the posts in upcoming release threads are almost always either complaints or really wild speculation.

It would be nice if we could see some more positive remarks more often, and some discussion about what the potential gameplay implications of these parts could be.

I'm sorry if most of my messages about the upcoming releases are negative, but release after release I'm disappointed by the lack of effort and the lack of originality Takara Tomy put in the drivers' design, so far. I'm not expecting any overly powerful driver, just a new design that was not taken from the Metal Fight serie and that was not already discussed and tested extensively.

Of course, I know that Burst is a new system completely different, but I still don't understand the point of creating a brand new system if it's only for reusing almost every design from the previous generation, that was only 5 years ago ?

Please excuse my overall negativity about Beyblade Burst in general, I'll try to keep my negative comments and complaints for myself in the future.
It seems like we are and, to be honest, it doesn't surprise me.

You understand what you're talking about when it comes to spinning top combat I'm sure but, for the majority of people, their comprehension of beyblade comes largely from what has worked for them in the past. Comparisons are bound to be drawn and, while some of them do belittle TT's creativity, some of them don't seem to be meant that way at all.

The main reason Valkyrie is reminiscent of Blitz is just because Blitz was the first exclusively blunt hitting bey with Dragoon-esque blades and is, so far as I know, the only prior example of such a daring design.

EDIT: MissingNo: If this driver works as described, being a sharpish tip with a wide free-spining surround to help stop toppling, how is that unoriginal? And the layer certainly doesn't look like metal fight either.
Quote:Of course, I know that Burst is a new system completely different, but I still don't understand the point of creating a brand new system if it's only for reusing almost every design from the previous generation, that was only 5 years ago ?

The purpose of creating a new Beyblade system is so Takara-Tomy can sell the product and make money. That's it. I for one am happy to have Beyblade back in any form. I also think I've been one of the most critical voices of Takara-Tomy's work on Burst; at the same time, I think we need to be more conscious of where we apply that criticism.

There's a few things to consider:

1. Burst has entirely new gameplay mechanics due to the Burst mechanism and the fact that they are plastic, not metal. So even similar designs will have drastically different impact on the game. It makes sense to re-explore these ideas in that new context.

2. Takara-Tomy has been developing Beyblade for a long time and have a good sense for how the design works. There are only so many ways that these things can be designed.

3. It would be absurd to expect Takara-Tomy to throw away nearly two decades worth of research and development just for the sake of novelty, especially when the target demographic for Beyblade Burst has never played Beyblade before.

4. This series has only been running for a year and we've already gotten a lot of interesting parts. It's crazy awesome to me that tips like Unite, Variable and Revolve are coming out at the beginning of the anime launch. This series has to run for at least three more years for it to be a success for Takara-Tomy, so I think it's too soon to be complaining about a lack of ingenuity. It seems to me that they are front-loading a bunch of existing ideas and we can expect them to explore newer designs later.

I dunno. I've been around for most of Beyblade's history and I would say that the designs we're seeing here are very impressive for a product line just beginning its lifespan.
(Mar. 17, 2016  4:08 PM)エダルバイブ Wrote: Gravity is the heaviest disk by far, as the promotion says.
Revolve only adds a free-spinning 'guard', to reduce the loss of spinning power.

Omg! AS is coming back! Grin I´m so glad. Jiraya + Basalt + AS = Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve!?! Grin
On that note, let's compare to pre-spingear plastics. 3 WDs and most beys used one of the same 3 bases. Yet now you're complaining when almost every bey has different parts because they're not different enough?
And people wonder why they could never redo plastics...
(Mar. 18, 2016  5:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Honestly, Blitz has very little in common with Victory Valkyrie other than its general three-reversed-spikes shape. If we are going to call similarities based on superficial details like that, then I guess Takara-Tomy will never be able to produce an "original" design again.

I personally think Victory Valkyrie has a lot in common with Blitz in Barrage Mode. Just look at the shape. It makes also sense because the original Valkyrie was based on Ray/Blitz which you can clearly see when you look at it from the bottom. You can see it a bit, too, when you look at it from the top. Smile
That's true! did you seen Free spining tips in first release of MFB??? I don't think so. If you look these generation you see a biggest fail in evolved tips like we see in Hybrid wheel and higher, also with burst drivers. I expect to see for burst some crazy sort of drivers. In the other hand it could be safer to used what they already known to keep a good performance of their toys.
(Mar. 18, 2016  6:05 PM)Zera Wrote: I personally think Victory Valkyrie has a lot in common with Blitz in Barrage Mode. Just look at the shape.

This is exactly my point. They have a similar silhouette but that's only a superficial commonality. The actual design is very different.
(Mar. 18, 2016  5:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [...] This series has only been running for a year and we've already gotten a lot of interesting parts. It's crazy awesome to me that tips like Unite, Variable and Revolve are coming out at the beginning of the anime launch. This series has to run for at least three more years for it to be a success for Takara-Tomy, so I think it's too soon to be complaining about a lack of ingenuity. It seems to me that they are front-loading a bunch of existing ideas and we can expect them to explore newer designs later.

I think this is a really good point. The fact that many of the parts we have generally considered to be well-engineered/designed and high performance such as bearing, rubber (etc.) tips are coming out this early means that there is a lot of room for Takara Tomy to develop new designs. I think this bodes well for the direction Beyblade Burst is moving in.

(Echoing loyd87 also)

Edit: Also adding that I think most of the designs seem pretty unique and fresh, to me. I think most of the layers look great. However, this round of Disks seem to be pretty underwhelming to me, aesthetically at least. Although I appreciate it's probably not very easy to design this particular aspect of a Beyblade.

I'm excited for all of the new releases!
The Ragnaruk's releases are always promising... The prototype of Ragnaruk has Heavy which is now one of the most used disks... Gravity is for me going to be so interesting too! Smile I love the shape between the two "wings" of Rising Ragnaruk, this is not very ai resisting, it's rounded: it changes of Ragnaruk which has deceived me for a stamina type...

Following what I see on the picture the weight is mainly directed towards the outside of Rising Ragnaruk, I have confidence in the stamina of this layer Grin
I'm hoping Gravity has something to offset its weight to prevent it from being instantly superior to Heavy. If it's poor balance though, Revolve already seems like it'll be one of the best tips for counteracting that.
I really like the design i already have a dual layer combo when i get these VV Gravity United
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm hoping that this won't be utterly useless like the original Ragnaruk was. Heavy was a great part, but the rest of the Bey just ended up being terrible overall.
(Mar. 23, 2016  10:38 PM)Wizard Wrote: I'm a little late to the party, but I'm hoping that this won't be utterly useless like the original Ragnaruk was. Heavy was a great part, but the rest of the Bey just ended up being terrible overall.

Survive wasn't really "terrible." Revolve, in this instance, looks amazing.
(Mar. 23, 2016  10:30 PM)灼炎寺 カイザ Wrote: Is Revolve a bearing sistem like Orion?

There is no indication of that, so it might just be like the Gyro Driver but with a wider tip that helps it precess more.
(Mar. 23, 2016  10:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  10:38 PM)Wizard Wrote: I'm a little late to the party, but I'm hoping that this won't be utterly useless like the original Ragnaruk was. Heavy was a great part, but the rest of the Bey just ended up being terrible overall.

Survive wasn't really "terrible." Revolve, in this instance, looks amazing.

I certainly can't disagree with that. If this thing turns out to be free-spinning it'll turn out to be amazing for sure but we'll have to wait and see.
I really hope Revolve will be as good as AS or even better.
(Mar. 23, 2016  10:54 PM)Zera Wrote: I really hope Revolve will be as good as AS or even better.

But AS sucked didn't it?
In my opinion AS was pretty ok. It's not as good as WD but it still was cool. Revolve seems to have the same gimmick as AS: a free spinning guard around a sharp tip.