[Product]  B-23 Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme

(Nov. 13, 2015  10:39 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Extreme is almost certainly going to be a force to be reckoned with. When it comes out, Extreme is going to run rampant amoung attack types. Defense types will need to adapt to counter it. Attack types will then be forced to reconsider older drivers to overcome Extreme's flaws. There is so much room for creativity there, especially with how there's a chance that Edge could be the perfect answer to Extreme.

It's one thing to be creative to win. It's a whole different thing when you are creative to defeat one single combo. After all, it wouldn't be fun and more stressful on the blader. I felt this stress when I used non rubber parts when battling top tier rf combos.
Yes, specifically countering one Extreme combo would be a frustrating task to an extent but it's not like defeating pre-HWS Libra, say. The latter was a single part which lost all relevance with later releases, whereas Extreme is the first of a potential range of rubber tips still to be seen. The principles applied now will cast ripples all throughout the future of burst and how we react to the different materials we see appear.

What we are about to witness is a new evolution in our beloved game, one in which we should be happy to play a part for what we do now will be remembered by bladers everywhere.

I should really consider getting into burst soon.
I agree that Extreme may be a dominant part, but that is what attack needs right now, in my opinion. Attack has no chance against mobile defense right now and Odin makes it not really that great against stamina either, because of its ability to deflect. In my opinion, attack should always be the most powerful type, if there is one more powerful, because it takes the most skill to use. Now, with Edge, stamina/defense may be even more resistant to bursting.
I also think, to get away from a Valkyrie like attack layer, with teeth that wear horribly, they need a more aggressive driver because they are going to have to use a less aggressive layer. I think this is what they are trying to do with Excalibur, solve the tooth wear problem for attack layers, that's why Excalibur's layer design it so drastically different. I don't know if it will work, but let's hope, I know that I am sick of buying Valkyries. Lol
(Nov. 14, 2015  12:48 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: I think this is what they are trying to do with Excalibur, solve the tooth wear problem for attack layers, that's why Excalibur's layer design it so drastically different. I don't know if it will work, but let's hope, I know that I am sick of buying Valkyries. Lol

Actually to me Excalibur seems like it will be either really lackluster or amazing on a niche combo because it looks like TT put all of its attack power into the blade's edge on the layer, the rest of it being pretty blunt. To me it seems like a blow from that will either slice the opponent layer clean off or the recoil will kill Excalibur itself.
I have no idea why the quotes in my post didn't render properly ...

Quote:Honestly, I feel like that is what is changing with the release of Extreme. It seemed like the meta had its own thing but with this release, I fear it could BECOME like MFB's meta.

It's flat-out too soon to come to this conclusion. Being skeptical is one thing, but this thread is devolving into near-panic, based on huge assumptions and leaps of logic.

Quote:I think what he meant by creativity was that instead of trying out new stuff, people would just go with the tried and true good combo. And I think he's right to an extent.

What does this mean? I seriously don't get it. Playing in a tournament with a combo that doesn't perform well isn't "creativity." Creativity is doing the research before the event, trying out every combination versus other combinations and finding the hidden gems of performance. A lot of this reads like opining for a time that never existed; there was never an idyllic point in the game where dozens of cooky, fun combinations dominated.

Furthermore, I can't fathom how having basically Accel as the only viable Attack-type Driver somehow enables more "creativity." And as many have already pointed out, Burst comes with new gameplay considerations that could bring considerable drawbacks to using a rubber flat tip.

Quote:Yes, there are good parts and there are bad parts, and yes there are combos that win all the tourneys and stuff but then there's lots of parts that don't see much use at all, and like I mentioned in my post, parts that are never fully tested enough to realize their potential in the meta and are effectively DOA.

The meta is not fixed, and it is up to each individual player to discover strategies that work for them. If there are good parts that aren't being used because nobody's discovered their potential, that doesn't mean they're "dead on arrival." It means that there is an opportunity to be exploited. By you.

That's creativity: doing the work yourself, discovering a hidden gem, and reaping the reward of your efforts. Not using parts that perform poorly and then getting frustrated that they don't do well. Beyblade can be played casually, for fun, where competitive parts aren't that important, but you can't expect the metagame to be like that.

Finally, I want to talk about the purpose of customization testing. There seems to be an attitude that parts that aren't being tested are overlooked, or that no conclusions can be drawn without formal testing. But the purpose of testing is to prove a hypothesis that you've formed by observing general gameplay. We don't need a test, for example, to prove to us that Oval isn't competitively viable; dozens of players have attempted it in various combinations and have collectively found nothing successful. A test is redundant.

Again, I don't necessarily have a problem with speculation. But it would be nice to not see the discussion become so panicked, possibly making people who don't know better worry about something that would likely never come to pass.
(Nov. 14, 2015  8:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Again, I don't necessarily have a problem with speculation. But it would be nice to not see the discussion become so panicked, possibly making people who don't know better worry about something that would likely never come to pass.

Oh, I'm not panicking. Sorry if it came off that way, and I see how newbies could get a headache reading all of this. I'll stop.

You're right tho, I need to get me a stadium and some good parts so I can start testing myself. One things for sure tho, this tips definitely gonna be strong for attack and I cant wait to have it in my hands!!
Sorry to seem like a downer :')

I will say that I am really unimpressed at how much it looks like MFB's RF, right down to the plastic color ... I am really sick of the trend of colouring Drivers this way.
(Nov. 14, 2015  8:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sorry to seem like a downer :')

I will say that I am really unimpressed at how much it looks like MFB's RF, right down to the plastic color ... I am really sick of the trend of colouring Drivers this way.

THANK YOU...

It's as if they copy MFB sometimes, like the main characters Beyblades, the blue attack type, green defense type, red balance type and yellow stamina type.
(Nov. 14, 2015  9:17 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2015  8:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sorry to seem like a downer :')

THANK YOU...

It's as if they copy MFB sometimes, like the main characters Beyblades, the blue attack type, green defense type, red balance type and yellow stamina type.

Well, I can't really say they are "copying" MFB considering it's their own invention, and it makes sense to establish a pattern based on what works. But the blue plastic+red tip ... it seriously would just look like RF if you cropped the image. I don't particularly like rubber as the default choice for all rubber tips, either; they should come in different colors like every other part. (Though maybe this has to do with ease of manufacturing.)

And in this case, a blue Driver just seems like a weird choice considering the rest of the Beyblade's color-scheme.
It's almost like the used the same mould from MFB to make the rubber part. C'mon, it's a brand new serie, they should at least try something different...
I guess if it ain't broke ... I'm not sure how they could improve the design of this much other than playing with the size of it. I am sure if it were not exactly the same colors as the MFB release, people wouldn't feel so annoyed by it.
At this point, I just realized the clear plastic on excallibur is red, and NOW I WANT IT IMMEDIATELY!
Okay, if it's not copying, rehashing is more accurate. It looks nice don't get me wrong but I would prefer it red for this colour scheme. Then again, Unicorn has a green driver so...
Just realized this was a thing.
RF makes its return. Interesting. Will this be amazing, or actually worse for Bursts?
Risky, it seems. I'll definitely pick this guy up. I'm glad they are using awesome Mythological things, like Yggdrasil or Excalibur. It's a new theme that I'm very fond of.
It isnt copying, if it is then the metal saga copyed alot from classic ( blue attack bey, green defence, red balance and so on ) so this has been part of the beyvlade series, as for extream being RF but for burst....well ya thats true and i see why every one is complaining, not just about this driver but a few others.....but atleast it was a good tip in metal fight, if it will do good here or not we have to see as the burst system is different. The metal saga also had a few parts passed down from the original and all though it was the same in nature it was different since metal fight ots self was different then the original as burst is to the metal fight beys
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:33 AM)Latios300000 Wrote: It isnt copying, if it is then the metal saga copyed alot from classic ( blue attack bey, green defence, red balance and so on ) so this has been part of the beyvlade series, as for extream being RF but for burst....well ya thats true and i see why every one is complaining, not just about this driver but a few others.....but atleast it was a good tip in metal fight, if it will do good here or not we have to see as the burst system is different. The metal saga also had a few parts passed down from the original and all though it was the same in nature it was different since metal fight ots self was different then the original as burst is to the metal fight beys

Um no, Dragoon was white, Dranzer was blue, Driger was grey and Draciel is the only one that is the same.

When I said Blue Attack type etc it was the main characters I was on about. Of course I don't expect super new gimmicks for Burst parts, I was just pointing out that some of the Driver colour seemed similar to the MFB colours based on gimmick.
Yes dragoon was a white bey, dranzer was a blue bey and so on.....but i mean their beast, dragoon was blue and was an attack type, dranzer was red and so on. Thats what i memt lol. And i know what your trying to say but again some parts of the metal saga did recycle parts of the classic like dracil, he had the free moving ball base right? And then earth virgo has a spin track verry similar to it. So burst beys using verry similar parts is not as good as a new part but it might still act differently. Like quake for burst, from what ive seen it doesnt jump the the one in the metal saga does, bit its verry similar tips
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:49 AM)Latios300000 Wrote: Yes dragoon was a white bey, dranzer was a blue bey and so on.....but i mean their beast, dragoon was blue and was an attack type, dranzer was red and so on. Thats what i memt lol. And i know what your trying to say but again some parts of the metal saga did recycle parts of the classic like dracil, he had the free moving ball base right? And then earth virgo has a spin track verry similar to it. So burst beys using verry similar parts is not as good as a new part but it might still act differently. Like quake for burst, from what ive seen it doesnt jump the the one in the metal saga does, bit its verry similar tips

The comment you made before didn't clearly state it was the beast, since I was on about the actual tops. I don't mind if gimmicks are reused from the series, heck I want to see their execution for Bearings or Metal Ball for Burst, and I don't mind if one or two Drivers have the same colour as the MFB Track/Bottom depending on gimmick, but it's slightly bothering when they do start rehashing the colour. Then again it's slightly better than having all the Defense drivers be green.
Hahahha ya sory that one was my fault i should have been more clear what i ment about the color. And ya i know what you mean. It can be anoying i agree but lets be honest at least were getting a good part, seeing as how rubber tips in the past two generations were usually good
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:58 AM)Latios300000 Wrote: Hahahha ya sory that one was my fault i should have been more clear what i ment about the color. And ya i know what you mean. It can be anoying i agree but lets be honest at least were getting a good part, seeing as how rubber tips in the past two generations were usually good

Well I shouldn't make too big of a deal since recolours should hopefully come soon.

I'm actually surprised a rubber bottom was released this early, and I'm excited to see what it's like.
Same i thoughy it would be released later on towards the end of season one of burst. Or at the start of season 2 again just because the way burst is, since its different and rubber tips mighy make the bey amazing or good with some consequence
(Nov. 14, 2015  10:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: And in this case, a blue Driver just seems like a weird choice considering the rest of the Beyblade's color-scheme.

It's possible this image of Xtreme from CoroCoro is just that of a prototype? Maybe blue and red were just used to draw contrast between the different materials. IIRC, an early render of RDF also featured the part's plastic portion in blue but was ultimately colored red in the release.

EDIT: Found it @[J.I.N.B.E.E!] http://i.imgur.com/RWTbJMN.jpg

EDIT2: Actually, that's not it, but it's similar. The original was small, pixelated, and I can't find it.
(Nov. 15, 2015  3:37 AM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2015  10:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: And in this case, a blue Driver just seems like a weird choice considering the rest of the Beyblade's color-scheme.

It's possible this image of Xtreme from CoroCoro is just that of a prototype? Maybe blue and red were just used to draw contrast between the different materials. IIRC, an early render of RDF also featured the part's plastic portion in blue but was ultimately colored red in the release.

Wait, there was an image of a blue RDF? Mind linking me the picture if you have it?

@[Angry Face], thanks! But isn't that just a 3D render while this Driver is realistic?
(Nov. 15, 2015  3:42 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: @[Angry Face], thanks! But isn't that just a 3D render while this Driver is realistic?

As I said, it was an early render similar to that one, but much smaller, and minus the bubble containing a picture of the actual part.

The fact that the image we have of Xtreme isn't just a render makes it more likely that what we've seen are it's final colors, though.
Ok. That sword isn't plastic. I have proof