[Product]  B-23 Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme

mmmhh... Excalibur was a sword, at the time the myth was born I don't think they thought of gold (because is not a strong material), it should be more like engraved steel and maybe bronce, but, has certain myths says, the blade was so shiny it blinded enemies with its bright, but you can turn steel to reflect like a mirror easily, ninjas in japan did that, so europe could do it anytime they wanted to Smile

I think white or any kind of blue would suit it more since it was really shiny but made of an special kind of steel, and also given by the lady of the lake
(Aug. 26, 2015  1:30 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: mmmhh... Excalibur was a sword, at the time the myth was born I don't think they thought of gold (because is not a strong material), it should be more like engraved steel and maybe bronce, but, has certain myths says, the blade was so shiny it blinded enemies with its bright, but you can turn steel to reflect like a mirror easily, ninjas in japan did that, so europe could do it anytime they wanted to Smile

I think white or any kind of blue would suit it more since it was really shiny but made of an special kind of steel, and also given by the lady of the lake

It wouldn't be impossible for Excalibur to be gold (or at least soil-ish colour) since legends tend to describe gold-coloured stuff to a degree of unrealisticly strong.
Besides, gold are so chemically inert which could remain its shine for decades or even centuries, but not steel.
(Aug. 26, 2015  1:30 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: mmmhh... Excalibur was a sword, at the time the myth was born I don't think they thought of gold (because is not a strong material), it should be more like engraved steel and maybe bronce, but, has certain myths says, the blade was so shiny it blinded enemies with its bright, but you can turn steel to reflect like a mirror easily, ninjas in japan did that, so europe could do it anytime they wanted to Smile

Google Excalibur Sword images, 90% of the results show some gold on the sword wither it be the blade itself or the hilt. If there isn't any gold/yellow on this I will be extremely puzzled. A reminder that this is normally portrayed as a magic sword, so most go with the idea that it doesn't matter how strong the material is, just that it looks good.

Now mostly metallic blue with a hint of gold, that I like allot.
(Aug. 26, 2015  1:54 PM)Giraton Wrote:

Google Excalibur Sword images, 90% of the results show some gold on the sword wither it be the blade itself or the hilt. If there isn't any gold/yellow on this I will be extremely puzzled. A reminder that this is normally portrayed as a magic sword, so most go with the idea that it doesn't matter how strong the material is, just that it looks good.

Gold and red(especially electroplating effect) is much betterSmug
Besides Valkyrie is also blue and gold.
(Aug. 26, 2015  1:30 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: mmmhh... Excalibur was a sword, at the time the myth was born I don't think they thought of gold (because is not a strong material), it should be more like engraved steel and maybe bronce, but, has certain myths says, the blade was so shiny it blinded enemies with its bright, but you can turn steel to reflect like a mirror easily, ninjas in japan did that, so europe could do it anytime they wanted to :)

at that time a "good steel" was a more bluish silverish one, and hilts were made of bronce, iron or steel, only a ritual sword has gold (which excalibur never was), they were perfectly aware gold is not good for swords :/

if anything goldish is portraited, it should be polished bronce

Also, according to the myth, it was more like "it cuts anything" than real magic at all, the only "magic" I saw in the myth was "it blinded it's enemies with it's bright"

other than that I think a read the scabbard was more magical (Arthur's wounds didn't bleed because of it, for example)

I hope this beyblade is extremely aggresive just because it's named excalibur, if not I will be very dissappointed! so hyped right now!

EDIT: If I remember right, gold in sword was used in literature, much later than the myth of excalibur (s.1100)
I really would be surprised if the actual colors of a sword have anything to do with the color scheme of this Beyblade.
(Aug. 26, 2015  2:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I really would be surprised if the actual colors of a sword have anything to do with the color scheme of this Beyblade.

Leave me alone with my dreams and hopes!

Well, Valkyrie is not far from repressenting itself, but again spprigan is signal red LOL
(Aug. 26, 2015  2:55 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2015  2:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I really would be surprised if the actual colors of a sword have anything to do with the color scheme of this Beyblade.

Well, Valkyrie is not far from repressenting itself, but again spprigan is signal red LOL

Well, valkyries are actually all women, so I would say Takara-Tomy's representation fails in a critical regard Tongue_out

And I don't think valkyries have been historically portrayed wearing bright blue armor.
(Aug. 26, 2015  3:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Well, valkyries are actually all women, so I would say Takara-Tomy's representation fails in a critical regard Tongue_out

And I don't think valkyries have been historically portrayed wearing bright blue armor.

not in the meaning of bright blue... but they are depicted in grey colors or bluish colors, also they retained the idea of the wings of the helmet in some way)

is it supposed to be a man or robot for TT? lol
(Aug. 26, 2015  3:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Because this is a main character beyblade and most Japanese animes portrayed protagonists with blue colour schemes (for the meaning of being righteous), and Valkyries never have an official colour given to their armor or stuff, so well you know the rest.

I think TT did a splendid job in designing the Valkyrie instead - Not only the diadem and curved but strong lines of the layer strongly brings out the strength of the female warriors, but the feminine feeling as well. Quickly fell in love with this design.

(Aug. 26, 2015  2:51 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:

at that time a "good steel" was a more bluish silverish one, and hilts were made of bronce, iron or steel, only a ritual sword has gold (which excalibur never was), they were perfectly aware gold is not good for swords Uncertain

if anything goldish is portraited, it should be polished bronce

Also, according to the myth, it was more like "it cuts anything" than real magic at all, the only "magic" I saw in the myth was "it blinded it's enemies with it's bright"

other than that I think a read the scabbard was more magical (Arthur's wounds didn't bleed because of it, for example)

I hope this beyblade is extremely aggresive just because it's named excalibur, if not I will be very dissappointed! so hyped right now!

EDIT: If I remember right, gold in sword was used in literature, much later than the myth of excalibur (s.1100)

Gold is strongly attractive to humans in human history. For most cases swords are meant to kill and cuts through stuff, so myth-wise they gave it a golden colour (or atleast a shade of gold) to show how gorgeous and powerful it is is pretty logical imo.

Chinese history have myths (or probably historical notes) that demonstrates the legend swords of China, and some of them even really exists in reality (although none of them are made out of gold, some of them are made with alloys with composites that are impossible for humans with nowadays technology to make replicas of those swords).

Since Excalibur doesn't really exist in reality but in myths, they probably just gave it a common attractive gold colour just like most stories and myths does.
Quote:Not only the diadem and curved but strong lines of the layer strongly brings out the strength of the female warriors, but the feminine feeling as well.

Come on, it doesn't look feminine at all. I'm not going to try to justify Takara-Tomy's sexist decision. And I know why it's blue, but I'm just saying, they don't always go with the most pertinent color schemes ... Kerbeus was green, after all.
(Aug. 26, 2015  4:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:Not only the diadem and curved but strong lines of the layer strongly brings out the strength of the female warriors, but the feminine feeling as well.

Come on, it doesn't look feminine at all. I'm not going to try to justify Takara-Tomy's sexist decision. And I know why it's blue, but I'm just saying, they don't always go with the most pertinent color schemes ... Kerbeus was green, after all.

Really? I can sense it from start easily.
To me the head (and of course the crown) looks nothing like a male to me for some reason.
Yeah, because it's inhuman. But it's obviously not feminized.
(Aug. 26, 2015  4:33 PM)TenshouTsubasa Wrote: Gold is strongly attractive to humans in human history. For most cases swords are meant to kill and cuts through stuff, so myth-wise they gave it a golden colour (or atleast a shade of gold) to show how gorgeous and powerful it is is pretty logical imo.

According to the myth it had gold scabbard, not gold sword, and the hilt was supposed to be decored with two quimeras carved in gold, but doesn't especify if the hilt was really pure gold. The sword is always treated like a really-good-steel sword, which reflect, by that time, would be bluish. Let's not confuse one thing with another .-.

I hope excalibur will be released this year and we have a sample image soon! (I know it might take too long for even an image)

If the design is cool I will buy it for sure
In the legend of Excalibur, it is pointed out in clear terms that Excalibur is a sword for killing, and not a spinning top for battling
I think pretty much all we could say for semi-sure, is that, with a name like that, it will be an attack type.
I will laugh if its totaly invert! hah like a defense type or Balance type.
Name sound coolio~ 10/10 wonderful taste~
i think it is a defence or stamina, many of us may think it could be a attack type [i'm not sure] because of its name excaliber [a sword] force extreme [like a man cut something with a a sword [excalibur] to cut something extreme force]. but we should remember in metal sega, variares [is based on a sword] and gravity persus [it beast use a excalibur!!] are defence type [i'm not sure about variares]
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:13 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: i think it is a defence or stamina, many of us may think it could be a attack type [i'm not sure] because of its name excaliber [a sword] force extreme [like a man cut something with a a sword [excalibur] to cut something extreme force]. but we should remember in metal sega, variares [is based on a sword] and gravity persus [it beast use a excalibur!!] are defence type [i'm not sure about variares]

Kerbecs and Kerbeus are both Cerberus' and Kerbeus is defense and Kerbecs is stamina so...
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:18 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:13 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: i think it is a defence or stamina, many of us may think it could be a attack type [i'm not sure] because of its name excaliber [a sword] force extreme [like a man cut something with a a sword [excalibur] to cut something extreme force]. but we should remember in metal sega, variares [is based on a sword] and gravity persus [it beast use a excalibur!!] are defence type [i'm not sure about variares]

Kerbecs and Kerbeus are both Cerberus' and Kerbeus is defense and Kerbecs is stamina so...

i mean if you think about a sword based bey it isn't always attack type
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:35 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:18 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:

That comment is a double edged sword, no pun intended.

It's true it's possible that it isn't an attack type but it has the same chance as your guesses.
I would be pretty surprised based on all these names combined didn't produce an attack-type
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I would be pretty surprised based on all these names combined didn't produce an attack-type

Me too, the names seem abstract for any other type, like what would Extreme be for stamina?
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:37 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:35 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2015  7:18 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Kerbecs and Kerbeus are both Cerberus' and Kerbeus is defense and Kerbecs is stamina so...

That comment is a double edged sword, no pun intended.

It's true it's possible that it isn't an attack type but it has the same chance as your guesses.

by the way did you notice the pattern between cerberueses [first in original series was a attack type, second in metal sega was stamina type and third was a defence in burst]. did you think there could be a pattern in excalibur too