[Product]  B-23 Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme

[Image: CXKQhufUwAAw2DL.jpg:large]

You can see that Xcalibur's teeth are highly extended compared to typical tooth design.

(Source: https://twitter.com/Y61WtpOH0P2E0KF/stat...2893299712)
Oh wow, so they are fatter too? Awesome! Finally a layer that could outclass Valkyrie with better teeth! Our prayers have been answered. Should be getting mine tomorrow. I will report back on the tooth wear and get some good pics of them
Sadly, I doubt Xcalibur is actually a better Layer for attack than Valkyrie, from the bits I've seen so far. I would kill for them to reissue Valkyrie with teeth in this style. Unhappy
If the teeth are actually sharper and more durable than Valkyrie's, maybe it's only as a way of compensating for Xcalibur's apparently terrible Stamina; if they were on Valkyrie, it might be too good.
Well, either way, performance that deteriorates significantly over time is unacceptable; I'm speaking solely from a durability standpoint.
Hm, now how do I draw a wider ring for the teeth comparison illustration hah ... Still, I have no idea why this solution did not come to our mind instead of the material change.
Well, I had figured that making the teeth more rectangular in shape would help, just hadn't considered actually extending the space available for them (since I didn't know if this would break the mechanism in some way).
Interesting. Wonder if this could reduce the amount of wear on the teeth?

By the way, how's the string launcher in this pack? Is it more like the red beylauncher or is it more like Wyvern's?
(Dec. 29, 2015  7:01 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Interesting. Wonder if this could reduce the amount of wear on the teeth?

That's almost certainly the idea.
(Dec. 29, 2015  7:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2015  7:01 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Interesting. Wonder if this could reduce the amount of wear on the teeth?

That's almost certainly the idea.

I hope they stick with this then. I'm not even sure if my Beys are wearing but it seems like it. So the fact that TOMY's addressing this is good.
I think the launcher isn't good, but that's just my opinion, I don't have any fact to prove its any worse that the other string launchers. But at the moment I don't use it anymore. I've reverted to my trusty purple launcher
(Dec. 30, 2015  2:02 AM)gankoba Wrote: I think the launcher isn't good, but that's just my opinion, I don't have any fact to prove its any worse that the other string launchers. But at the moment I don't use it anymore. I've reverted to my trusty purple launcher

not worse than the other, exactly the same as the previous one not to easy to use at 1st when use it, but with the new system that they put on the Light Launcher from B-22
But after done a lot of shoots with it, it will be the same as your old purple one.

And apparently the string is quite longer than the other ones
They are tall as heck too. It is really hard to snap together at first. Lol. First impressions: Xcaliber doesn't seem that great. It's not better than Valkyrie at attack and it's not better than Minoboros at Quake attack. It also obviously has awful stamina. Surprisingly, when I try to use it for Quake attack. it actually seems to burst itself a fair amount, even with those teeth. It's pretty weird. It seems the teeth are a necessity. Force seems like it might be really good for Quake attack because of its square shape. Valkyrie Heavy Extreme is awesome and does a great job at beating OHD. It gets KO'S like it's going out of style, right out of the package. I can't wait to see it broken in
[Image: 4i0lrd.jpg]
OH YEAH! Because lord knows that Xcaliburs teeth doesn't already have quite enough advantages right?!

I mean the teeth are pretty much what any layer wishes to have, it's as it they really wanted Xcalibur to be OP at attack almost.
Maybe Xcalibur is better for knocking out the opponent, since it has great teeth.
I think we'll find more more uses for Xcalibur and other layers once someone has a worn-in Xtreme.
(Dec. 30, 2015  7:20 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: OH YEAH! Because lord knows that Xcaliburs teeth doesn't already have quite enough advantages right?!

I mean the teeth are pretty much what any layer wishes to have, it's as it they really wanted Xcalibur to be OP at attack almost.

Not sure what you mean by OP; it's necessary to have sharp, resistant teeth to compensate for its huge recoil. It has extremely poor stamina too, so it needs to be resistant in some regard.
(Dec. 30, 2015  8:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2015  7:20 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: OH YEAH! Because lord knows that Xcaliburs teeth doesn't already have quite enough advantages right?!

Not sure what you mean by OP; it's necessary to have sharp, resistant teeth to compensate for its huge recoil. It has extremely poor stamina too, so it needs to be resistant in some regard.

When I saw Gankoba's videos I through of that, it has huge flaws, so it has to have huge advantage to compensate (or at least TT tried to compensate it) I hope it sees uses in attack when people starts testing it, but because I love the design and idea to waste it
But is TT aware of it's recoil? Did they actually know that this had a lot of recoil? Since the coro coro pages with Xcalibur seemed to promote it as a devastating attack layer with the giant sword and all.

I said that "it's LIKE that they were trying to make it OP"!
(Dec. 30, 2015  4:49 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: But is TT aware of it's recoil? Did they actually know that this had a lot of recoil?

I think that people who have been designing Beyblades for many years would be able to tell that a design with a huge sword sticking out of it would have high recoil. Recoil is kind of a given with this style of smash attack.

But of course they're not going to write about what's bad about it in their marketing.
(Dec. 30, 2015  4:49 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: But is TT aware of it's recoil? Did they actually know that this had a lot of recoil? Since the coro coro pages with Xcalibur seemed to promote it as a devastating attack layer with the giant sword and all.

It looks awesome and it's design is intriguing. They did their job, haha.
Received my Xcalibur today! Got a picture of the teeth:

I'll be comparing Xtreme to RF when I get home Smile
(Dec. 30, 2015  5:56 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2015  4:49 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: But is TT aware of it's recoil? Did they actually know that this had a lot of recoil? Since the coro coro pages with Xcalibur seemed to promote it as a devastating attack layer with the giant sword and all.

It looks awesome and it's design is intriguing. They did their job, haha.

Eh, the design really isn't for me, it looks okay but I just don't like it that much so far.
Looks like everyone is getting theirs!
Same for me, today!!