[Product]  B-201 Zest Achilles Customize Set (Zest Achilles.Il.Qt'-4)

(Jul. 15, 2022  4:55 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Alright I know that the TT weight stats tend to be inaccurate, but Illegal having a 5 starred weight along with it's extremely high emphasis on centrifugal force is very concerning to me. The fact that it says that it gives it unfair levels of it makes me really hope this isn't better than Over, or at least has a much higher burst risk. If nothing else, make it extremely beneficial for attack. This also just feels more like a stamina disk to me, so seeing it as a new part on Achilles is odd.

I also just realized that Achilles technically has all new parts if you count Qt' as actually new.

From the way the description and stats describe "Illegal", I suppose that's where the name comes from - it's so absurdly powerful that it should be "illegal".
Also, whoa it comes out 3 days before SG National Day..and same colors too...
I’m definitely getting it. Dual spin is definitely a strange thing to add to the last Achilles release. I wish they had have introduced it earlier though.
(Jul. 22, 2022  8:00 AM)originalzankye Wrote:

Tbh, Zest Achilles doesnt gave good impression for me at all, the Blade looks too thin, lightweight and fragile even with the attachment, also illegal disc too hollow i still think Over has more weight. The only good thing i saw is the teeth has the same size with Valkyrie but can spin LR which amazing
(Jul. 22, 2022  8:23 AM)WickedHero Wrote:

Tbh, Zest Achilles doesnt gave good impression for me at all, the Blade looks too thin, lightweight and fragile even with the attachment, also illegal disc too hollow i still think Over has more weight. The only good thing i saw is the teeth has the same size with Valkyrie but can spin LR which amazing
Which Valkyrie? If its Valkyrie 1 we're all gonna die.

Also I'm gonna straight up blurt a hot take: Wish They didn't revert to Legend/Requiem/Cho-Z Spriggan Teeth for Dual Spin. Like I prefer the flick function way more, as it allows them to have more consistent burst resistance.
(Jul. 22, 2022  9:31 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2022  8:23 AM)WickedHero Wrote: Tbh, Zest Achilles doesnt gave good impression for me at all, the Blade looks too thin, lightweight and fragile even with the attachment, also illegal disc too hollow i still think Over has more weight. The only good thing i saw is the teeth has the same size with Valkyrie but can spin LR which amazing
Which Valkyrie? If its Valkyrie 1 we're all gonna die.

Also I'm gonna straight up blurt a hot take: Wish They didn't revert to Legend/Requiem/Cho-Z Spriggan Teeth for Dual Spin. Like I prefer the flick function way more, as it allows them to have more consistent burst resistance.
What flick function?
(Jul. 22, 2022  11:30 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2022  9:31 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Which Valkyrie? If its Valkyrie 1 we're all gonna die.

What flick function?
The one Diabolos and Spriggan had in Sparking to switch spin direction.
(Jul. 22, 2022  2:24 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2022  11:30 AM)g2_ Wrote: What flick function?
The one Diabolos and Spriggan had in Sparking to switch spin direction.

Oh, yeah that was great.
I watched Zankye's video (will also check the TT video out) and tbh, I feel the same way as WickedHero. My worries on Zest are not fragility, but how thin the Blade is. It also doesn't seem to have a very aggressive shape, even with the Zest Swords on. Like, even those two "shield" parts on the top and bottom protrude further than the actual swords. That's kinda sad. Illegal also looks very sus in my eyes, it doesn't have that massive design like Fortress has and those holes look kinda big. It definitely won't reach Over's weight. The only parts of the Bey that really convince me are the Achilles Core and Quattro', but otherwise I'm not really feeling this Bey and the release as a whole.
Pretty funny that Achilles stole Quattro from Spriggan, finally got its payback for having Dimension stolen by Lord Spriggan lol
TBH I think this set is fine for the SG community as we never got access to Hollow's RB for some odd reason.
And chain and fortress in the set is much better than gambling for them in the RB.
Zest being thin...well...just use it sparingly.
(Also TT pulling a swindle on us by making us buy a million of these in case one breaks.)
Also shame metal is gone. I liked Achilles when it had metal.

I have a few worries about zest

The blade overall looks to thin and easy to break and the carp looks a bit light
If it can beat tapered’s weight and is shorter than taper then it can be used for a replacement in Dynamite Perseus F Gear 9 Tapered Bearing’ in 3on3 format.
(Jul. 22, 2022  8:23 AM)WickedHero Wrote:

Yeah, their review definitely took the wind out of my sails for this release. I think if I'd waited until after this was out to pre-order it, I probably would've skipped this set.
Any hope I had for the A gear is gone, Zest overall seems quite underwhelming (especially considering how thick things like Chain, Gatling, and Xiphoid have been), and the rest of the set + Quattro' doesn't really make up for it.

Unless you're a big Achilles fan, or a collector that prefers anime-accurate colors, I think you can safely skip this set and put the money towards whatever the next release is.
Then again, without testing, we can't really say for certain if Zest and Illegal will be bad or not. These are just my first impressions.
The blade on Zest for the left spin looks super hollowed out. The left spin version really does not look right to me
It's like six shot where mode you have to imagine it doing something
(Jul. 22, 2022  8:59 PM)Attila Wrote: The blade on Zest for the left spin looks super hollowed out. The left spin version really does not look right to me
Honestly, I thought the left spin version looked terrible because of the bad quality when I first saw it. But it actually looks terrible like Achilles wasn't supposed to be left spin at all. I like the fact that there is a dual-spin Achilles but I wish Takara Tomy gave the left-spin side a good design.
(Jul. 23, 2022  5:51 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2022  8:59 PM)Attila Wrote: The blade on Zest for the left spin looks super hollowed out. The left spin version really does not look right to me
Honestly, I thought the left spin version looked terrible because of the bad quality when I first saw it. But it actually looks terrible like Achilles wasn't supposed to be left spin at all. I like the fact that is a dual-spin Achilles but I wish Takara Tomy gave the left-spin side a good design.
This tbh. The left spin version of achillies looks like if you flipped a gt, sparking, db layer to make it left spin making it look super weird. They only added 2 stickers to make it more “aesthetic” lol.

As for the A gear I feel like they reused brave valkyries gimmick but the blade is just more smoothed out, making it a more circular shape. Might be good for stamina combos
Personally, I think it will be a good competitive stock combo which is out of the ordinary (Myself currently using an infinite hyperion combo with 1A and zone’.) What are your thoughts?
I hope the two notches are good at attacking.
it seems as though they will be, but then again, it could be a disappointment like xiphoid xcalibur was to me
My expectations on zest Achilles are high like he has more modes then even spriggan like that Achilles be gooooood
I just hope it won’t be another spamina layer. I hope it can be used to bully Dynamite+F like Xcalibur does before it wears. Also, this could go into the beyblade random thoughts thread or the official Zest Achilles booster thread.
sorry i’m new here, idk which categories certain things fit under

but yes i have high hopes for this, i love the achilles line and i’m hoping this isn’t another BU disappointment