[Product]  B-200 Starter Xiphoid Xcalibur.Xn.Sw'-1

(Jul. 13, 2022  7:07 PM)KIO Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2022  10:15 AM)SomebodyUnknown Wrote: https://youtu.be/_opdafZKWvo

This may be kinda unpopular thought, but now I feel like it's safe to speak about it: Xanthus disc is totally the main 'star' of this release. I mean, even before first reviews popped up I suspected that 'BU lock' thing was gonna make it already viable (taking into account even something as OP as red Belial II has it), but damn, 32,5 g of weight? This thing is easily near S-tier level and I can't wait to see if its combo with red Belial II will be enough to finally end off Savior's problem with self-bursting (also for anyone worrying of it being unbalanced - no reason for worrying about it, one little plastic tab (the one that's supposed to align with sword) is not enough to make it any notable)

Calling it "S-Tier" based entirely on weight seems to be jumping the gun a bit. Without any testing, how can we know it's on the same level as Over or Giga?

Well, that's why I said NEAR S-tier level, meaning at least high A bc in this case we have both weight and stability (thanks to CWD), combined with better burst resistance and supposedly less scrape risk than Nx+S/D.
(Jul. 13, 2022  10:15 AM)SomebodyUnknown Wrote: https://youtu.be/_opdafZKWvo

This may be kinda unpopular thought, but now I feel like it's safe to speak about it: Xanthus disc is totally the main 'star' of this release. I mean, even before first reviews popped up I suspected that 'BU lock' thing was gonna make it already viable (taking into account even something as OP as red Belial II has it), but damn, 32,5 g of weight? This thing is easily near S-tier level and I can't wait to see if its combo with red Belial II will be enough to finally end off Savior's problem with self-bursting (also for anyone worrying of it being unbalanced - no reason for worrying about it, one little plastic tab (the one that's supposed to align with sword) is not enough to make it any notable)

Looking at the video I'm not sure people will be using Savior once Xiphoid is out (Ultimate is already better than Savior anyhow tbh).

I am also not sure that CWD is really what you want on attack... Traditionally it has only been coincidentally present for extra weight, and OWD overall preferred. There's a reason we primarily use Wide Defense over Ten Heavy on attack in Plastics. Fortress, despite advertising, is mostly OWD and works well on Guilty because of this.

Xanthus looks fine, but I will see what it's like. The indentations underneath do the opposite of bending Vanguard so I'm not sure if it's actually good for Burst Resistance? If they don't have a negative impact Xanthus will probably be a good disk, albeit with a lot of competition.
[Image: unknown.png]

Some people already destroy chunk of the plastic sword tip. i hope it doesnt affect its performance at all
(Jul. 16, 2022  6:38 AM)WickedHero Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

Some people already destroy chunk of the plastic sword tip. i hope it doesnt affect its performance at all

Didn't sieg also suffer form this?
(Jul. 16, 2022  6:38 AM)WickedHero Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

This is unavoidable with pretty much every Xcalibur layer and happens even faster than Judgement wearing down, so...
(Jul. 18, 2022  9:39 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: https://youtu.be/zvgUOtwMPOg
(Worried tone)

@th!nk, TheRogueBlader you gotta see this.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but... what exactly are we supposed to be looking at?
(Jul. 18, 2022  7:16 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2022  9:39 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: https://youtu.be/zvgUOtwMPOg
(Worried tone)

@th!nk, TheRogueBlader you gotta see this.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but... what exactly are we supposed to be looking at?
Some combos this guy cooked up...and they're looney becuz.
-Valkyrie 1 on attack=bad!
-Xiphoid Xcalibur layer separated bad
Report: Xcalibur teeth wears easily. A fellow blader used MX on it and the teeth are already shattered...
Um that’s wrong for how they got to the conclusion… Xcaliburs clicks aren’t like Phoenix for size so of course it wears on MX it is not Metal Driver immune
I asked my SG bladers chat what they think of Xiphoid.
One says it's less consistent than Ultimate, and all the damage is last minute with either KOs or bursts due to bad stamina(as weight distribution is unbalanced). The BU Lock does work though.
How is everyone's experience w the new launcher? I currently use the Hasbro sword launcher (the blue one) as my go-to - I feel like I can more power from the ripcord over the string launchers (of which I have MANY). This really, REALLY looks like my new go-to. I already have it and plan to bust it open on Sunday. Hoping it's as good as it seems...
finally I got hands on Xiphoid Xcalibur, I'm actually surprised that BU lock doesnt add that much resistance perhaps my expectation were too high, anyone had same experience?

I had Sword', Hxt+', Quick', all of them had same strength click on Xcalibur Core, but somehow my Xtreme' from Rbv green pegasis make Xcalibur core very tight click as strong ad Ultimate Valkyrie and Guilty Longinus core, anyone knows why? was all Dash driver not equal strength spring?
(Jul. 23, 2022  5:34 PM)n00bBeybladeDad Wrote: How is everyone's experience w the new launcher? I currently use the Hasbro sword launcher (the blue one) as my go-to - I feel like I can more power from the ripcord over the string launchers (of which I have MANY). This really, REALLY looks like my new go-to. I already have it and plan to bust it open on Sunday. Hoping it's as good as it seems...

I find the DB Sword Launcher fairly difficult to control, so I personally prefer the BeyLauncher. While the DB Sword Launcher feels excellent, based on the RPM tests from Zankye and my own solo spin test times, it seems to still lag behind a DB BeyLauncher.

(Jul. 23, 2022  5:43 PM)WickedHero Wrote: finally I got hands on Xiphoid Xcalibur, I'm actually surprised that BU lock doesnt add that much resistance perhaps my expectation were too high, anyone had same experience?

I believe the primary focus of the BU Lock was to make a Combination less shaky - I don't think Burst Res is actually increased by much.
(Jul. 23, 2022  7:00 PM)KIO Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2022  5:34 PM)n00bBeybladeDad Wrote: How is everyone's experience w the new launcher? I currently use the Hasbro sword launcher (the blue one) as my go-to - I feel like I can more power from the ripcord over the string launchers (of which I have MANY). This really, REALLY looks like my new go-to. I already have it and plan to bust it open on Sunday.  Hoping it's as good as it seems...

I find the DB Sword Launcher fairly difficult to control, so I personally prefer the BeyLauncher. While the DB Sword Launcher feels excellent, based on the RPM tests from Zankye and my own solo spin test times, it seems to still lag behind a DB BeyLauncher.

(Jul. 23, 2022  5:43 PM)WickedHero Wrote: finally I got hands on Xiphoid Xcalibur, I'm actually surprised that BU lock doesnt add that much resistance perhaps my expectation were too high, anyone had same experience?

I believe the primary focus of the BU Lock was to make a Combination less shaky - I don't think Burst Res is actually increased by much.

Agreed, since Xcalibur teeth just mediocre at best, i saw someone battled Xcalibur with Guilty, how the heck Xcalibur not bursting so much even its bursting guilty, it has Big recoil blade and average teeth still confuse me.

I had Sword', Hxt+', Quick', all of them had same strength click on Xcalibur Core, but somehow my Xtreme' from Rbv green pegasis make Xcalibur core very tight click as strong ad Ultimate Valkyrie and Guilty Longinus core, anyone knows why? was all Dash driver not equal strength spring?

I've noticed the same thing. While admittedly I haven't messed around with the parts yet, I was surprised with how not tight it was when I assembled it out of the box. Might break out my box of parts today and experiment with it a bit, because it definitely didn't seem as tight as others made it out to be in videos.
(Jul. 23, 2022  9:50 PM)BladerGem Wrote:

I had Sword', Hxt+', Quick',  all of them had same strength click on Xcalibur Core, but somehow my Xtreme' from Rbv green pegasis make Xcalibur core very tight click as strong ad Ultimate Valkyrie and Guilty Longinus core, anyone knows why? was all Dash driver not equal strength spring?

I've noticed the same thing. While admittedly I haven't messed around with the parts yet, I was surprised with how not tight it was when I assembled it out of the box. Might break out my box of parts today and experiment with it a bit, because it definitely didn't seem as tight as others made it out to be in videos.

Well please report back after your experiment
Hello, I am pretty new here (on Beyblade too) so I didn't know where to post this question. I wanted to buy some beyblades at my local "Kaufland"(It's like Walmart or Target but in Germany). They only had these https://ibb.co/yWqd9dj . Would help me a lot if anyone could recommend me some.
Thanks
(Jul. 24, 2022  12:06 AM)WickedHero Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2022  9:50 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I've noticed the same thing. While admittedly I haven't messed around with the parts yet, I was surprised with how not tight it was when I assembled it out of the box. Might break out my box of parts today and experiment with it a bit, because it definitely didn't seem as tight as others made it out to be in videos.

Well please report back after your experiment

There's not much to report, unfortunately. Xcalibur's chip seems to have several normal teeth, with the last click before bursting being slightly stronger than the rest, and Xanthus's BU lock only gives a minor increase to burst resistance. I'd say your best bet for burst resistance would be using Divine's Belial II on Xiphoid with Xanthus, but because of how they designed Xiphoid, using any chip that isn't Xcalibur makes the combo look... rather horrid.

Xiphoid's also got an interesting design, there's a pocket that the armor fits in, meaning that any disk in low mode is held very close to the layer with little to no gap whatsoever.
Overall seems interesting, might be good on X' or Qc' but it almost feels like it'd be better as a stationary attacker? Idk, it's not like it's got any better chance at busting through Dynamite+F than Saviour or Ultimate.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to what Kei's review on Beybase says about it! They definitely go further in-depth than I ever could 😅
(Jul. 25, 2022  2:53 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2022  12:06 AM)WickedHero Wrote: Well please report back after your experiment

There's not much to report, unfortunately. Xcalibur's chip seems to have several normal teeth, with the last click before bursting being slightly stronger than the rest, and Xanthus's BU lock only gives a minor increase to burst resistance. I'd say your best bet for burst resistance would be using Divine's Belial II on Xiphoid with Xanthus, but because of how they designed Xiphoid, using any chip that isn't Xcalibur makes the combo look... rather horrid.

Xiphoid's also got an interesting design, there's a pocket that the armor fits in, meaning that any disk in low mode is held very close to the layer with little to no gap whatsoever.
Overall seems interesting, might be good on X' or Qc' but it almost feels like it'd be better as a stationary attacker? Idk, it's not like it's got any better chance at busting through Dynamite+F than Saviour or Ultimate.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to what Kei's review on Beybase says about it! They definitely go further in-depth than I ever could 😅

True, I'm waiting for Kei's review too. but have u tried to put in on Xtreme' that come with green galaxy pegasis? mine somehow the lock got much tighter with that dash driver than the other dash driver
(Jul. 25, 2022  7:01 AM)WickedHero Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2022  2:53 AM)BladerGem Wrote: There's not much to report, unfortunately. Xcalibur's chip seems to have several normal teeth, with the last click before bursting being slightly stronger than the rest, and Xanthus's BU lock only gives a minor increase to burst resistance. I'd say your best bet for burst resistance would be using Divine's Belial II on Xiphoid with Xanthus, but because of how they designed Xiphoid, using any chip that isn't Xcalibur makes the combo look... rather horrid.

True, I'm waiting for Kei's review too. but have u tried to put in on Xtreme' that come with green galaxy pegasis? mine somehow the lock got much tighter with that dash driver than the other dash driver

Unfortunately I don't have that X', the only one I have is from Shadow Amaterios, and I'm pretty much only using it in tournaments to minimize wear.
I suppose I do have a Metal Xtreme, but without a Kerbeus core I doubt I'll ever use it on a right-spin bey.
(Jul. 25, 2022  7:39 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2022  7:01 AM)WickedHero Wrote: True, I'm waiting for Kei's review too. but have u tried to put in on Xtreme' that come with green galaxy pegasis? mine somehow the lock got much tighter with that dash driver than the other dash driver

Unfortunately I don't have that X', the only one I have is from Shadow Amaterios, and I'm pretty much only using it in tournaments to minimize wear.
I suppose I do have a Metal Xtreme, but without a Kerbeus core I doubt I'll ever use it on a right-spin bey.
Is it the old mold?
Also, yes I can't wait for Kei to review this, but the problem is his wording is often too cryptic for me and my recent drafts(which take into account whatever he writes) are butchered slightly.

Also on closer inspection xanthus is unbalanced. Uh oh.
i might actually get this, i haven't gotten any new beys in a while