[Product]  B-200 Starter Xiphoid Xcalibur.Xn.Sw'-1

New Starter set to release on July 16th, 2022. Includes four all-new parts, one new Dash Driver, and a Custom Sword Launcher with a Power Gear. Retail price is 2640 JPY.

Product Promo Images from TakaraTomy Mall:
[Image: 4904810209874_3470da786efe482d88ae32cb443c6020.jpg]
[Image: 4904810209874_26b94adcf91a4a3480df9a6850b91b98.jpg]
[Image: 4904810209874_62e783ad00544de89f83b58e3dc2af7f.jpg]

Part Promo Images from the official Beyblade Burst Website, with description translations courtesy of DataBeys Project from Twitter:
I'm super excited for this. Square Power finally returns! I like how integrated everything is, though the disk looks a bit too light I'm curious to see how it all works out. Expecting great things from Xiphoid... Just wish it had a better driver. Iron' or High Xtreme' would have been sweet.
(Jun. 20, 2022  6:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: Just wish it had a better driver. Iron' or High Xtreme' would have been sweet.

Yeah, they really dropped the ball with Sword'. It won't even line up with the metal sword anyway, so what was the point? This would have been the perfect time to bring Xtreme' into a standard, accessible release too. Iron' would have been nice as well but Iron disappointed me when it released with sX. I could never get it to run smoothly, and I think part of that was due to the shape of the tip not being ever-so-slightly beveled like all good flat tips should be. Not Semi-Flat-level bevel, but just enough to make it run more smoothly while not skipping a ridge, yknow? Metal Flat had that bevel, so idk what happened there... I suppose Sword does have the bevel, but that doesn't make it not unstable garbage lol

I feel like they made the Disc way too proprietary to Xcalibur's context too, but I have a feeling the metal core of Xanthus is going to be reused in the same way Magnum's core was used for other "fused discs". Perhaps the rumored Air Knight evolution will use the core with a new plastic piece based on Expand? That'd be neat, but admittedly it's neither here nor there. The BU Lock is an interesting idea though, even if it just looks like a vertically oriented version of the little plastic nubs on stuff like Lord, late-mold Ace, and Dragoon V2... Much to think about. Nice to see Xcalibur make a comeback after the mediocrity that was bX though.
I'm personally really excited for this Xcalibur and I'm interested to see how the core will perform on other Beys. I wish it didn't come with Sword' though, I wish it came with Xtreme' or a New Rubber Flat Driver so Extreme' would be more viable. I think this will be one of the most Powerful Attack Type DB Beys because of its Sword Gimmick and the 1 Armor and the Blade since it'll all concentrate into 1 Spot, I could see this being one of if not the Best Xcalibur. It's perfect for combining all the Xcalibur's into one and this is what BU is all about. Hopefully, we'll get more Beys like this, and I have a lot of High Hopes for Xcalibur so hopefully, it'll be a Good Bey. And maybe even good enough to be used competetively.
Finally the thread is here lol. But anyway, Xiphoid Xcalibur is pretty cool honestly, strange but interesting name, best looking db bey imo (way better than the concept art), and a pretty neat gimmick which is also quite fitting for an Xcalibur. Biggest disappointment is easily the driver, like c'mon TT you can do better than Sword', especially after every bu driver being a disappointment so far.
The launcher looks like a direct fusion between the original sword launcher and the digital sword launcher (and it's my 2nd favorite of the 3 design wise, go figure). Pretty great to see the return of the rip cord sword launcher though.
[Image: aOGYnDH.jpg]
I don't think any release in the past 2 years has me this excited over a bey. It definitely makes the july release spot feels special again other than a stupid/crazy headliner gimmicky bey.

Like i said in other thread i love the design of this bey it felt unique, fresh and appealing! Not so much a fan of Sw' but eh i guess i can ignore it. Also always appreciate new sword launcher.

For a B-200 this is definitely feels like a milestone bey i can't see them pulling this much excitement on other beys like Spriggan nor Valkyrie.
I've given my thoughts on Xcalibur before but I'll make a clearer thought on each part:

Xcalibur DB Core - Starting with Xcalibur, it's a really really cool DB core. Right off the bat it's already one of my favourites for the nice design (despite the strange orientation) and especially that wacky gimmick. The gimmick is so cool considering it's on a small part. I love the idea of a popping sword, I love weird gimmicks in general. This is also the first truly asymmetrical core gimmick that could cause imbalance by default, assuming the core isn't balanced when the sword isn't popped out too.

A fun headcanon I have is that launching super super hard causes the sword to fly into the disk tab and act like a pseudo "burst stopper", it of course wouldn't actually work but the idea is funny.

Xiphoid DB Blade - This one is pretty neat, I was a bit disappointed that this doesn't have any gimmicks like a metal sword at all, but the shape does show a bit of promise for attack, it's not as "angular" as I had hoped but it is still square shaped. Also, when I digitally made a size comparison, Xiphoid was a bit smaller than I expected, which isn't a bad thing of course, a small square could seriously pack a punch, it just surprised me was all.

1 DB Armour - Finally we got ourselves a new armour! Aaaaaand I don't have much to say about it, surprisingly. It looks a bit weird to be honest, the weird arrow just plopped onto this weird round design? Doesn't sit with me.

Xanthus DB Disk - I like the idea that this disk can tighten when used with the Xcalibur core (I assume there's a slit under the sword that latches onto those disk nubs), but the design doesn't look that great. The metal part looks much more like the 5 core disk than any of Xcalibur's, it just feels like a weird mish mash with the plastic part. Also... what is the point of the red plastic part aside from a Magnum callback?

Sword' - This one's a bit stupid, since the sword doesn't even align with the swords on the layer and core, so what's the point? Just get a neutral driver like Iron' or Xtreme'. It's not the worst driver choice they've made, I mean Sword' height is somewhat understandable due to the DB disks stationed so low, so it avoids scraping... but... that's it. This is just really dumb, nobody liked Sword.

Despite some questionable parts, the good or interesting parts are reeeeally cool for me, and as a whole it's a neat package and I'm willing to buy this and that cool BU sword launcher (which I suspect I'll suck at using).
Very interesting, looks like BU actually introduce new sytem after all. Its BU lock some what similar to burst stopper but different mechanism. Only tighter the Spring from driver using Core and Disc very genius tbh
I'm especially excited for the launcher, looks like a lot of fun. Being able to go full throttle with a ripcord while using a power unit and not having to worry about changing out parts to change rotation is great. The built in handle is also amazing.
A lot of the parts seem very Xiphoid specific, but the overall package is very exciting. Like, what's the use case of the core or the armor outside of this? And... sword...
The BU locking system was a surprise, loved how they revealed it comparing how most discs wobble while Xiphoid was near completely rigid. I didn't actually know about the nubs on the Divine Belial core. It seems pretty interesting, and I hope we see a lot more of this especially in the rumored Achilles.
Overall, I am optimistic but will wait for in hand reviews before getting it myself. I want to like it, but my buying pattern of only getting beys whose parts I can use often contradicts all of this with how proprietary most of it is. Or just bad. (Sword....)
Too bad looks like Xiphoid Xcalibur middle X is a giant sticker, people with OCD will have a bad time applying those. thankfully the eagle eye are not sticker like astral
Honestly I think the problem with Xcalibur still plagues this one: it needs the parts it has to stay more balanced. Also the placement of 1 and the Sword on the core...oh jeez...
So.much.creativity.

Definitely not what I expected at all but I love it! The disc lock is shocking and genius. The little sword coming out of the core is so amazing. While the alignment of the core with the rest of the Beyblade was jarring at first, I've grown to appreciate it. Much like Nightmare Longinus, I like the change in the formula.

Let's just hope the Xn disc is heavy
Dangerous Belial release Belial 2 chip: No Xanthus compatible nubs
Divine Belial release Belial 2 chip: Xanthus compatible nubs
XCalibur chip: Xanthus compatible nubs

I can't imagine that the XCalibur + Xiphoid burst stopper with the tiny sword going into that edge of the blade is going to have too much of a burst stopping effect.

But seriously, 3 burst stoppers across the entire bey? Chip/Blade, Chip/Disc, and Disc/Driver? That's wild. They REALLY do not want this thing to burst.
(Jul. 08, 2022  5:09 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Dangerous Belial release Belial 2 chip: No Xanthus compatible nubs
Divine Belial release Belial 2 chip: Xanthus compatible nubs
XCalibur chip: Xanthus compatible nubs

I can't imagine that the XCalibur + Xiphoid burst stopper with the tiny sword going into that edge of the blade is going to have too much of a burst stopping effect.

But seriously, 3 burst stoppers across the entire bey? Chip/Blade, Chip/Disc, and Disc/Driver? That's wild. They REALLY do not want this thing to burst.

The sword are not burst lock. Only the disc and core
Guess I might as well, make a thoughts post for the new Xcalibur.

Xcalibur Core 7/10: I mean right now, we don't know about the locks, but the actual BU Lock System looks really interesting! I paused and looked at the teeth, they look okay, I guess. Just going to keep this a 7/10 until zankye reviews.

Xiphoid Blade: 8/10: This Blade could be very good, from everything we've seen so far, this blade may be good. Kinda wish there was metal on Xiphoid though. Honestly, this is probably my favorite part of this Starter.

Xanthus Disc: 7/10: The Disc is interesting. I like the reference to Magnum, but this disc really doesn't scream Xcalibur. It honestly looks like a Nexus + S Gear clone, not a alignment disc.

Sword' Driver: 5/10: The Driver ruins the entire bey, like honestly, okay if the entire bey lined up, I'd give some credit, but it doesn't even too that! I'm personally wishing they had done Iron', but I guess we didn't get Impact' or something like that. As much as I don't care for Xtreme' and it's obvious competitive use, I would've been fine with Updated Mold Metal Xtreme, High Xtreme', or something like that.

1 Armor: 8/10: Finally, a new armor! It sounds dumb, but Ultimate Valkyrie had the newest armor being 9, and then Divine had 3, Chain had 6 and finally Gatling had 10, and can't forget literally none of the new armors, feature stickers, like wtf!? Anyway, it's good to see a new armor, but I'm assuming this will only be good with Xcalibur or Xiphoid.

Overall for Xcalibur: 35/50: This is probably the best score, I could've given. I wasn't ever a big fan of the Xcalibur/Xcalius line, but I did think the gimmick was always cool. Good to see Xcalibur back.

DB Sword Launcher: 8/10: I personally like String Launchers more then Ripcord Launchers......BUT this gets an exception, because this is sick! I personally am all for the spin direction change, without having to take the entire launcher apart. I'm glad it comes with the Power Core. Ending this off now.

Entire Starter Overall: 43/60: I'll most likely be picking this starter up, definitely excited to see how this bey preforms.
(Jul. 11, 2022  4:44 PM)g2_ Wrote: When is this coming out?

July 17th I believe
(Jul. 11, 2022  4:48 PM)--- Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2022  4:44 PM)g2_ Wrote: When is this coming out?

July 17th I believe
It’s actually the 16th technically but we’ll probably start seeing Videos from Japan or from other people around the 15th because of Time Zones.

Btw, G2, it would help reading the first post before asking questions since that’s what has all the information
(Jul. 11, 2022  5:42 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 11, 2022  4:48 PM)--- Wrote: July 17th I believe
It’s actually the 16th technically but we’ll probably start seeing Videos from Japan or from other people around the 15th because of Time Zones.

Btw, G2, it would help reading the first post before asking questions since that’s what has all the information
I'm sorry, I was looking for it, but I missed it.
Honestly the Sword Launcher make sense now as the show had some sort of Balance and Power Side for the Xeno Launcehr which was huh?

overall weight is great
78.5gram which about the same with stock combo Astral Spriggan
https://youtu.be/_opdafZKWvo

This may be kinda unpopular thought, but now I feel like it's safe to speak about it: Xanthus disc is totally the main 'star' of this release. I mean, even before first reviews popped up I suspected that 'BU lock' thing was gonna make it already viable (taking into account even something as OP as red Belial II has it), but damn, 32,5 g of weight? This thing is easily near S-tier level and I can't wait to see if its combo with red Belial II will be enough to finally end off Savior's problem with self-bursting (also for anyone worrying of it being unbalanced - no reason for worrying about it, one little plastic tab (the one that's supposed to align with sword) is not enough to make it any notable)
(Jul. 13, 2022  10:15 AM)SomebodyUnknown Wrote: https://youtu.be/_opdafZKWvo

This may be kinda unpopular thought, but now I feel like it's safe to speak about it: Xanthus disc is totally the main 'star' of this release. I mean, even before first reviews popped up I suspected that 'BU lock' thing was gonna make it already viable (taking into account even something as OP as red Belial II has it), but damn, 32,5 g of weight? This thing is easily near S-tier level and I can't wait to see if its combo with red Belial II will be enough to finally end off Savior's problem with self-bursting (also for anyone worrying of it being unbalanced - no reason for worrying about it, one little plastic tab (the one that's supposed to align with sword) is not enough to make it any notable)

Calling it "S-Tier" based entirely on weight seems to be jumping the gun a bit. Without any testing, how can we know it's on the same level as Over or Giga?