[Product]  B-199 Booster Gatling Dragon.Kr.Cm'-10

(Jul. 02, 2022  6:25 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Yeah, they've definitely dropped the ball with BU. I thought it was a fluke with Divine Belial, but I just got my Gatling Dragon, and it doesn't have the instructions for sticker placement either. Very disappointing...

Is it really "dropping the ball" over something so petty? Not to mention they've made it fairly clear that instructions are available in PDF form, and the sticker instructions are on the box - at that point the fault is the buyer and not TT.

I understand that most foreign buyers can't read Japanese, but at a certain point you can't blame TT for these things, especially over a non-issue such as this.
I don’t think I am better than anyone else on here so don't put words in my mouth , I am just pointing out to you that

If you are going to post on a thread saying that one of the disappointments to BU is “no sticker guide” then yes the first response would be to look at the back of the box since the visual is right there with “STICKER”.

Like out of ALL the things to complain about with BU that are valid like poor part performance or parts that are new that don't perform well the sticker guide was extremely petty and an extreme overreaction to what I said.
(Jul. 02, 2022  7:37 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2022  7:09 AM)originalzankye Wrote: I can understand not liking BU for whatever reason for a release, 

but quote "I thought it was a fluke with Divine Belial, but I just got my Gatling Dragon, and it doesn't have the instructions for the sticker placement either. Very disappointing.." 

The "disappointing" can be resolved by looking at the back of the box where the clear visual is there for sticker placement.

[Image: 9Rlptgr.jpg]
[Image: EGTNYCO.png]

I can understand thinking you're better than everyone else because you're a youtuber,

but quote "the clear visual" is somewhere TT has not put sticker instructions in the nearly seven years of Burst's existence. 

The "clear visual" can be pointed out in a way that is not demeaning or insulting.

Don't you think it is common sense to just look at the box? Did you just rip the Beyblade out without looking at the box?
(Jul. 02, 2022  4:57 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2022  7:37 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I can understand thinking you're better than everyone else because you're a youtuber,

but quote "the clear visual" is somewhere TT has not put sticker instructions in the nearly seven years of Burst's existence. 

The "clear visual" can be pointed out in a way that is not demeaning or insulting.

Don't you think it is common sense to just look at the box? Did you just rip the Beyblade out without looking at the box?
That's something I think I would have done
(Jul. 02, 2022  4:58 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2022  4:57 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Don't you think it is common sense to just look at the box? Did you just rip the Beyblade out without looking at the box?
That's something I think I would have done

I recommend you stay out of this. This is between BladerGem and a couple other people. You shouldn't butt in saying this because it could make the problem worse. I reccomend staying out of this one if you're not directly involved. You didn't do anything wrong, I just don't want you to get roped into this.
To be honest, after 7 years of including the sticker placement guide in the instruction pamphlet, I think it's forgivable to be confused by its absence. Regardless of how clear they make it, it's still something that's easy to be caught off guard by if you're not intimately familiar with this new status quo. It's not that unreasonable to assume someone would have just torn the box apart because until this point, it's never been expected of the consumer to not do that, because there's never been essential information like that printed on it. It's not a good change, frankly.

So, conversation over. No more ganging up, find something else to do today.
(Jul. 02, 2022  5:02 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2022  4:58 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: That's something I think I would have done

I recommend you stay out of this. This is between BladerGem and a couple other people. You shouldn't butt in saying this because it could make the problem worse. I reccomend staying out of this one if you're not directly involved. You didn't do anything wrong, I just don't want you to get roped into this.

Ok, sorry. I don't want to get Waspinator-ed.

So a fellow blader thinks Dragon is more attack oriented than Valkyrie 1. Reason: the teeth. I even saw someone use it on Ultimate at a local yesterday.
I got my Gatling Dragon. And the two modes are interesting. But it brings up a rules issue.

I can confirm that at least in low mode, the layer can be launched in both Circle and Oval mode. As previously stated, in high mode, it is locked in Circle mode. The question becomes, do the WBO or WBBA rules permit launching in Oval mode?

According to the Burst Standard rules,
[font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]"Parts with gimmicks/mode changes that may activate or change–whether intentionally or not–post-launch must be reset after each battle. These are not considered mode changes and do not count towards the single mode change per battle limit for parts with mode changes that require disassembly."[/font]
In short, a layer must be returned to the mode it launched in. However, there's nothing really stopping you from launching in Oval mode. In Oval mode, the chip cannot be removed, it has to be returned back to Circle mode to remove the chip. And the activation of Oval mode doesn't affect the burst resistance any, that's handled within the chip. Imperial never had this sort of option, its changes were one way. And Tempest seems to have a bound effect for its wings but it doesn't seem to stay out.

What does WBBA say about the rules for launching this layer? I have no idea. I need someone to fully translate the two boxes in the lower left:
[Image: PXL_20220703_003652247.jpg]
According to a Very rudimentary Google Translate app, the bottom left section is detailing the existence of the two modes, with a note at the bottom that it can only exist in Circle mode when the layer is in High mode. And the section next to it appears to be "How to Reset", detailing how to put it back into Circle mode, with a note at the bottom that says the BU Chip cannot be removed while Oval mode is engaged. But these are not stone tablet rules that say "Thou shalt only launch Gatling in Circle mode".

If the WBBA rules are specific about demanding it be returned to Circle mode before legal launches are permitted, I could see that being the same rule WBO went by. However, WBO's current ruleset doesn't indicate whether or not we are compelled to abide by that WBBA restriction, if it exists.

Essentially, Gatling seems like a Decent to Mediocre layer when launched in Oval mode, maybe it has good attack capabilities. And in Circle mode is just seems not great. I'm wondering if we might be allowed to launch it in Oval mode. I've heard several organizers say it would require a reset to circle for any launch, but I'm not sure that's what the rules really say. It honestly seems more like a conscious mode decision like Twin Nemesis. And yes, I would like to launch it in Oval mode.
Another thing to add since I've noticed it could just be mold or whatever but after a lot of Gatling battles my lock on the blade got a lot looser so it is technically possible to normally wear down Gatling and have it be oval mode at the start while still having it reset to regular circle slash mode before u launch.
(Jul. 03, 2022  2:00 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The question becomes, do the WBO or WBBA rules permit launching in Oval mode?

What does WBBA say about the rules for launching this layer?

You must reset. At 8:20 here, you can see them specify that you must reset the Layer before launching.

Going to need something in writing, honestly. Even if the video is WBBA authoritative, a written translated transcript of that section.

EDIT: The note on that screen appears to read, in clumsy Google translation,
"When shooting bey, please return to the slashing mode before shooting."
So that's not at all authoritative. That's not even remotely authoritative for WBBA tournaments, it isn't a stone tablet "thou must" sort of directive, and that hardly counts. That's a footnote from an advertisement video. It even said Please.

If WBO bases a Circle mode launching only for Gatling rule on that, there's something wrong.
(Jul. 03, 2022  12:31 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Going to need something in writing, honestly. Even if the video is WBBA authoritative, a written translated transcript of that section.

EDIT: The note on that screen appears to read, in clumsy Google translation,
"When shooting bey, please return to the slashing mode before shooting."
So that's not at all authoritative. That's not even remotely authoritative for WBBA tournaments, it isn't a stone tablet "thou must" sort of directive, and that hardly counts. That's a footnote from an advertisement video. It even said Please.

If WBO bases a Circle mode launching only for Gatling rule on that, there's something wrong.

It is authoritative, though. When Takara Tomy directly tells us "reset the Blade between rounds," it is authoritative. They say "please" because polite phrasing is important in Japan, but I'd understand if that's something you don't get. Gatling is no different than any other part with a gimmick that activates and is required to be reset between rounds (Cho-Z Valkyrie/Spriggan/Achilles, Tempest, Shot, etc.) and should be treated as such.
Codify specifically in rules if you don't want people launching Gatling in Oval mode at upcoming tournaments. That goes for Prominence, which has also been totally missed.
(Jul. 03, 2022  4:55 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Codify specifically in rules if you don't want people launching Gatling in Oval mode at upcoming tournaments. That goes for Prominence, which has also been totally missed.
And there is:
"Parts with gimmicks/mode changes that may activate or change–whether intentionally or not–post-launch must be reset after each battle. These are not considered mode changes and do not count towards the single mode change per battle limit for parts with mode changes that require disassembly."
Even if you can launch Gatling in Oval mode and Prominence without armor, they must be reset because of this rule stated above. They aren't mode changes but mid-battle gimmicks, with this case being not permanent (Unlike Imperial or Savior for instance). As such, they should be reseted.
Technically you can launch Shot and Almight without reseting too, but they are still required to be reset by this rule and it doesn't seem like they raised the same problem on debut, but suddenly Gatling has this problem. 
Also, just a random thought that I had: Even if WBBA doesn't ban it (which I doubt but who knows), the "reccommendation" to not launch it could be a reason to ban it on the WBO ig.
I wasn't around when Revive debuted but did it cause the same problem Gatling supposedly has with the mid-battle gimmicks being reset? If not, what does it have in different with Prominence or Gatling?
Reset... to what, exactly? The pre-launch state? The default "You may only launch under this state" state? Problem being, there is no pre-launch state defined in the rules for Gatling, Tempest, etc. They need to be defined.

The rules as written could be interpreted that you could launch Gatling in Oval, and would be forced to reset Gatling back to Oval between battles. Fix it.
(Jul. 03, 2022  6:04 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Reset... to what, exactly? The pre-launch state? The default "You may only launch under this state" state? Problem being, there is no pre-launch state defined in the rules for Gatling, Tempest, etc. They need to be defined.

The rules as written could be interpreted that you could launch Gatling in Oval, and would be forced to reset Gatling back to Oval between battles. Fix it.
The gimmick description shows clearly that the bey goes from circle to oval. As such i would believe the circle is the pre-launch state (at least the intended one). 
Taking shot as an example, it's gimmick also shows clealy that the pre-launch state is with the spring in, with or without the description. I can launch Activated Shot even tho it is not the pre-launch state, and yet it doesn't make it the pre-launch state
To give my two cents, I'm inclined to agree with the others who say that you're meant to reset the awakening in each launch. I really don't think TT would point it out if it was completely optional, saying "please" doesn't omit the fact that it's mandatory.

The whole point of Gatling (at least in low mode) is that you're meant to have it change during the battle, it's not a traditional mode change layer, or else they'd have some kind of locking mechanism that doesn't easily change mid battle. Showing circle to oval in Gatling is just to show what both states look like, especially important to show which state is okay to launch visually, in case people somehow don't know.

This should be the same case as the Limit Break beys, sure you can launch their awakened state, but I don't think you're meant to.
You can write all the words you want about assuming TT's intent for WBBA tournaments based on one visual line midway through an announcement video, but that doesn't make a difference. What matters is how the WBO rules are written. Right now, bladers could theoretically launch in Oval in WBO tournaments, because the initial state of Gatling isn't described in the rules.

I certainly hope this is addressed in the Burst Standard rules before Saturday.

EDIT: I propose the following sections under Beyblade/Part-Specific Rulings:
Tempest
- The default state for Tempest, which it must be reset to before each battle, is with wings pushed in.
Gatling
- The default state for Gatling, which it must be reset to before each battle, is with the wings not pushed in, its more circular mode, which does not impede removing the DB Chip with its wings.
Prominence:
- Shield pieces cannot be picked up during battle.
- The Prominence Shield (the outer ring of the Blade Body which can pop off mid-battle) must be used with this Blade and may not be omitted.
- When the shield comes off during battle it is considered an active piece in the stadium as part of the "Promience" combination in use. Any hits, KO, or Burst it inflicts on the opposing Beyblade are considered to belong to the "Promience" combination which inflicted it.
- The shield piece attached to the Blade Body at the beginning of the battle must be reattached after each battle it comes off.
(Jul. 03, 2022  7:17 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You can write all the words you want about assuming TT's intent for WBBA tournaments based on one visual line midway through an announcement video, but that doesn't make a difference. What matters is how the WBO rules are written. Right now, bladers could theoretically launch in Oval in WBO tournaments, because the initial state of Gatling isn't described in the rules.

I certainly hope this is addressed in the Burst Standard rules before Saturday.
Prob my last post on this matter:
I don't see the problem that you do in this situation. The rule perfectly fits Gatling in with this.
(Btw the statement of the video would only really matter if they said you could rather than being polite enough to suggest the option.)
Gatling changes shape mid battle if struck hard enough and, much like Phoenix, can and must be reseted. The rule states that the gimmicks that activate mid battle, intentional or not, must be reset. Gatling's gimmick activate midbattle and isn't permanent, unlike Imperial's gimmick. The description of the gimmick is beysically going from circle to oval, so we already have our pre-launch state since it is supposed to go from A to B, so it can't be on B.
So I'm not sure how it is confusing and legal in any way.
Giving some examples again:
Shot goes from sharp to flat by a mechanism that must be reset. Swap "Shot" with "Gatling" and "Sharp to Flat" with "Circle to Oval" and you get the same case.
Prominence, Revive and Dead Phoenix all have Armors that detach and must be placed back before launching due to the same rule. Swap some names around and it is the same thing.
Almight, if launched hard enough, goes from a cone free spinning tip to a flat locked tip and also must be reset. Same case as Shot which is, by proxy, the same case as Almight (Shot can not activate if launched softly enough, much like Almight. This would seem like it is a rule break but the rule states that they must be reseted if they activate, thus it is fine to have them not activate even when they are supposed to (especially on Shot's case))
Tempest is similar to Gatling, so no much need to elaborate.
Bullet ejects part of itself much like Phoenix, so it is the same case by proxy.
Cho-Z layers need to be reset, tho idk for sure if you can launch them while activated.
Limit Break must be reseted which, if you pay attention, is a similar case with Gatling because both change the layer after taking some hits (less connected than the rest, but still very connected).
And yeah that's about it that i came up with, sorry if I'm bothering or anything but I just don't get it.
Edit: About the default states thing:
If Gatling is supposed to awaken towards Oval, it is supposed to be launched on Circle. So circle is the default in this case.
Prominence is supposed to have the shield fall mid battle, thus it has to have the shield on before launching. Making it the default state. (Revive didn't have this problem, idk why promi has)
To finish it off, the rules states that gimmicks that activate mid battle must be reset (if they aren't permanent duh), so I would prob suppose this applies to Gatling and Prominence too since they, much like all the examples, activate midbattle and aren't permanent.
They are gimmicks, not modes.
Something bizzare I noticed at my local SG Tournament is someone has the guts to use Dragon on Ultimate...even though its shouldn't be used on so.

Also a random YT clip says becuz Gatling is heavy, it can make Vl tamable.
Can anyone say which blade is better for competitive purposes?

1. GATLING layer (from Gatling Dragon)
2. Burst Layer (from Burst Spriggan - burst ultimate vs set)

And tell me their respective one of the best competitive combos please