[Product]  B-199 Booster Gatling Dragon.Kr.Cm'-10

This Dragon looks pretty cool, and what a coincidence this video dropped just right after the WBO's Gatling Dragon giveaway aha.

So yeah, from what I can tell, Gatling doesn't have the bound gimmick like Tempest does, instead the back part of the moveable wings can fold outwards which push the front wings out. It kinda reminds me of the mechanism behind Roar in terms of the way it moves outwards. Another cool detail is awakened mode has the dragon head pop out.

I have also said that Gatling was gonna be without surprises, but I was wrong. The awakened mode actually has a Double Strike type of gimmick a bit like Killer Deathscyther, as the forward wings can slide forwards and backwards, when striking the fixed contact points in front. High Mode predictably locks the wings in though.

The only other noteworthy part to comment on is Dragon's core. The core has three teeth! Yes, they addressed the Valkyrie 1 issues with this! They seem decently sharp, but in a way where it probably won't snap as easily, I hope. The bound gimmick also doesn't wind back as much as Valkyrie, which is weird but it is what it is. I guess it makes it a bit different?

The D Gear has semi free spinning movements, like Kreis from MFB. That's it.
Gatling now having the "double strike" makes more sense now considering the name and yeah this what i've been waiting for a fresh rehash of an old gimmick.

D-gear being semi free spinning is a relief i really though they were just gonna make it sort like a frame so kudos to TT for this.
Glad to see that Gatling and D gear are a bit more unique than I expected, (almost) always love a bit of uniqueness in beys. Also wasn't expecting the return of killers gimmick, as much as I wasn't a fan of it it's strangely nice to see again after all these years.
I kind of just want to put the D-Gear and Nexus on Dragon. It matches it so much more than Karma.
Context: Was MFB’s Kreis even good? And was it becuz it round?
Gatling Dragon is a solid release. So far most of BU bey has blade gimmick except Divine. I hope all of them has this too
(Jun. 10, 2022  5:42 PM)WickedHero Wrote: Gatling Dragon is a solid release. So far most of BU bey has blade gimmick except Divine. I hope all of them has this too
Divine's gimmick is metal. And the gears.
Divine's "gimmick" is metal - which is underwhelming, but not all BU Blades can have crazy gimmicks I guess.
Will Double Strike x2 even work? Considering that the gimmick made Killer bad and all.
(Jun. 11, 2022  3:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Will Double Strike x2 even work? Considering that the gimmick made Killer bad and all.

Double Strike, if you want it to actually be effective and do anything, is a really tricky gimmick to design. The best example of a working version would be Hyperion Burn, and it's basically unusable due to various burst resistance nerfs and a total reliance on Limit Break discs. The design philosophy of Deathscyther's (and now Dragon's) Double Strike makes sense in theory, but in practice the laws of physics make it nigh impossible to pull off on this scale without something being spring-loaded. As for the D-gear... no. Just... no.
(Jun. 11, 2022  4:34 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Double Strike, if you want it to actually be effective and do anything, is a really tricky gimmick to design. The best example of a working version would be Hyperion Burn, and it's basically unusable due to various burst resistance nerfs and a total reliance on Limit Break discs. The design philosophy of Deathscyther's (and now Dragon's) Double Strike makes sense in theory, but in practice the laws of physics make it nigh impossible to pull off on this scale without something being spring-loaded. As for the D-gear... no. Just... no.
It must be decently heavy too to make something. Which, in my experience, plastic pieces aren't known for.
And yes, a spring helps a lot (but it makes it a one shot gimmick so not much worth it.)
Anyhow, Gatling isn't half bad.
Karma sure is a disappointment but the rest is fine.
Charge metal' is cool due to the burst res. problems that normal Charge metal has. Might not ever enter a tournament but nice driver.
Dragon core is bound, which I'm both happy and sad for. I really wanted a left spin spring loaded core like how we got right spin Bahamut with Kerbeus, but they fixed the problems Valk1 has. Sure it needs testing to be sure but, yeah. Also the avatar is so familiar to me that makes me wonder if they copy pasted it. Idk, seems wierd for me.
Garling is... Ok. Sure awakening gimmicks and stuff + double strike, but the awakening seems minor and the double strike section will probably perform like Killer Deathscyther in terms of effectiveness. We do need to test it to be sure but from view experience it might be the case.
D gear is fine, no bound so it is just half the Sting disc
(Jun. 11, 2022  4:34 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2022  3:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Will Double Strike x2 even work? Considering that the gimmick made Killer bad and all.

Double Strike, if you want it to actually be effective and do anything, is a really tricky gimmick to design. The best example of a working version would be Hyperion Burn, and it's basically unusable due to various burst resistance nerfs and a total reliance on Limit Break discs. The design philosophy of Deathscyther's (and now Dragon's) Double Strike makes sense in theory, but in practice the laws of physics make it nigh impossible to pull off on this scale without something being spring-loaded. As for the D-gear... no. Just... no.
So...basically you need Gravattack powers to make it work?
(Edit: No, you need psychokinesis, forgot Gravattack controls gravity, that won't work as you need to manipulate its mass..)

Also, I think BU really needs to diversify beyond Achilles (Last Known Release). Like stop spoon-feeding us these big names, let the more obscure ones shine, you have a pretty decent chunk, so please diversify!
(Jun. 11, 2022  11:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2022  4:34 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Double Strike, if you want it to actually be effective and do anything, is a really tricky gimmick to design. The best example of a working version would be Hyperion Burn, and it's basically unusable due to various burst resistance nerfs and a total reliance on Limit Break discs. The design philosophy of Deathscyther's (and now Dragon's) Double Strike makes sense in theory, but in practice the laws of physics make it nigh impossible to pull off on this scale without something being spring-loaded. As for the D-gear... no. Just... no.
(Edit: No, you need psychokinesis, forgot Gravattack controls gravity, that won't work as you need to manipulate its mass..)

Also, I think BU really needs to diversify beyond Achilles (Last Known Release). Like stop spoon-feeding us these big names, let the more obscure ones shine, you have a pretty decent chunk, so please diversify!

Most or if not all releases have not been confirmed but been leaked by a trustworthy source who leaked the beys in the new RB
(Jun. 11, 2022  11:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2022  4:34 AM)BladerGem Wrote:

Let's try and ease up on the Ben 10 references, they get a bit off topic from the thread, at least when it goes on for the majority of some of your posts.

Anyway, while we would definitely love more obscure motifs to return (I in particular want Jinnius), BU is almost meant to be a celebration of most major lines (besides Knight), and IMO Xcalibur or Kerbeus are just semi large, they don't have the numbers that Valkyrie, Spriggan, Fafnir, Longinus, Ragnaruk have, or the legacy that Achilles or Dragon leave in the anime (both being main characters once).
(Jun. 10, 2022  4:20 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Context: Was MFB’s Kreis even good? And was it becuz it round?

Meta staamina part in MFB 4d.
(Jun. 12, 2022  11:28 AM)shrim Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2022  4:20 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Context: Was MFB’s Kreis even good? And was it becuz it round?

Meta staamina part in MFB 4d.
Yeah, but was it carrried by the fact that it’s round? Becuz D Gear isn’t. 
(Duo would like to known your location).
Huh, so Gatling is gonna end up like Tempest again? If so hopefully it will provide some variety to the meta game that's just spamming Dynamite+F (mostly).
I’m confused on the gimmick of Gatling, so in high mode it’s locked and in low mode the wings are spring loaded? Or is there more to it?
(Jun. 22, 2022  12:31 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I’m confused on the gimmick of Gatling, so in high mode it’s locked and in low mode the wings are spring loaded? Or is there more to it?
Maybe high mode is basically Strike God Chip if its locked, as teh armor will compress the spring or something and not allow it to move. Is that how Strike God Chip worked?
(Jun. 22, 2022  3:40 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2022  12:31 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I’m confused on the gimmick of Gatling, so in high mode it’s locked and in low mode the wings are spring loaded? Or is there more to it?
Maybe high mode is basically Strike God Chip if its locked, as teh armor will compress the spring or something and not allow it to move. Is that how Strike God Chip worked?
Yeah that’s how it worked, so it that Gatlings gimmick?
(Jun. 22, 2022  3:56 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2022  3:40 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Maybe high mode is basically Strike God Chip if its locked, as teh armor will compress the spring or something and not allow it to move. Is that how Strike God Chip worked?
Yeah that’s how it worked, so it that Gatlings gimmick?
Maybe? Can't believe no one drew the similarities, but what caused God Valkyrie's to fail initially? Is is the shape?
"In theory the spring loaded Layer would increase Burst Attack by moving upon impact and forcibly springing back. However, without a locking mechanism, in practice the Bound Attack gimmick fails to work, instead recoil is only produced when the Bound Layer is pushed as far as it will go and will only spring back after the opponent has been pushed away. Furthermore, the spring will render recoil null late in battle when spin velocity becomes too low to force the Bound Layer back to the limit, instead slowing the God Valkyrie Combination down."
Hmm... what is a locking mechanism for a spring?

In low mode, the free moving wings can be clicked outwards and inwards, and in high mode, the wings are locked inwards due to the armour. Low mode's awakening mode can form a double strike like gimmick too. There's no spring loaded wings this time, and the wings are not locked outwards in high mode, surprisingly, they're locked in.