[Product]  B-192 Booster Greatest Raphael.Ov.HXt+'

(Oct. 14, 2021  11:48 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  10:15 PM)USN Wrote: Are we just gonna ignore the shape without the bear trap? It's literally Garuda! If there is a way to take the gimmick off then we could be in trouble. While it's extremely unlikely, we do know that there is no armor...

Oh yeah! I just realized that after you said it. The shape is literally Garuda! And if the gimmick helps it’s stamina I agree, we could be in trouble. But I think you might be forgetting that it only activates after losing a lot of stamina. So it’ll only be in that shape near the end of a battle, not for the majority of it.

I mean that the gimmick might be removable, like an armor piece. It's far fetched, but bear trap Valkyrie? That's something to hope for.
(Oct. 14, 2021  11:57 PM)USN Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  11:48 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Oh yeah! I just realized that after you said it. The shape is literally Garuda! And if the gimmick helps it’s stamina I agree, we could be in trouble. But I think you might be forgetting that it only activates after losing a lot of stamina. So it’ll only be in that shape near the end of a battle, not for the majority of it.

I mean that the gimmick might be removable, like an armor piece. It's far fetched, but bear trap Valkyrie? That's something to hope for.

I guess it might be. Since the layer is premature-fused in high mode and the core is non-detachable I guess if something were to be removable it might be the gimmick. And yeah bear trap Valkryie would be sick!
(Oct. 14, 2021  11:57 PM)USN Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  11:48 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Oh yeah! I just realized that after you said it. The shape is literally Garuda! And if the gimmick helps it’s stamina I agree, we could be in trouble. But I think you might be forgetting that it only activates after losing a lot of stamina. So it’ll only be in that shape near the end of a battle, not for the majority of it.

Its not, all of the part are fused
So, my short review on the info we have now:
Greatest Raphael: I don't think there's any need to explain how stupid/useless the gimmick is, but the fact those claws are actually plastic makes me still hope that it won't get destabilized too bad bc of its height after activation. The shape of the layer after activation is very good for stamina (both same and opposite spin) unlike that before activation unless those spikes are short and rounded enough which can't be told exactly from images we have so far, so I keep my fingers crossed - if my assumption is true + with decent weight and OWD this can easily become another strong meta part despite that gimmick unless that rumour about metal teeth is true (bc then it ruins everything)
Over - really good reason to get this especially for those who don't have/doesn't want to get Astral specifically or it's Customize Set generally
High Xtend+' - that's totally the cherry on the top of easily getting Over here and the reason this is must-buy for competitive bladers. Getting high version obviously gives Xt+ perfect chance to shine once again in DB meta and it being dash driver makes things even better. For those, who actually think that this being basically variation of Xt+' gonna break meta - well, the last really top-tier Xt+-based combo was Tempest Solomon (MCC) Wheel Xtend+ 1S, which was already pretty troublesome to burst, so the only possible way to beat it with attack combo was obviously KO, and with every DB stamina/LAD-based competitive combos it's pretty much the same, so I'm almost 100% sure that it having dash driver-level burst resistance isn't gonna change anything
High Xtend+’ Combos: Astral Fafnir Over/Giga High Xtend+-0, Vanish Bahamut Over/Giga High Xtend+’-0, and Dynamite+F Belial Over/Giga High Xtend+’-0
I don't know where it was made up that Raphael will have "metal teeth" since ZERO CoroCoro scans showed or mentioned a detail like that would've been very relevant to the advertising.

In the official blog post, none of that was mentioned https://www.beyblade.jp/news/3769/ just talks about the gimmick of the bey.

If it does end up having it then sure go for it talking about it, but wait for confirmation.
(Oct. 15, 2021  2:23 AM)originalzankye Wrote: I don't know where it was made up that Raphael will have "metal teeth" since ZERO CoroCoro scans showed or mentioned a detail like that would've been very relevant to the advertising.

In the official blog post, none of that was mentioned https://www.beyblade.jp/news/3769/ just talks about the gimmick of the bey.

People just love to misinform and spread it like an officials
Ik Zankye I hate rumor spreaders

You too wicked
This mf beyblade gonna eat my other beyblades wtf is this canabalistic world we live in
Anyway TT probably won’t do metal teeth on a Beyblade
[Image: z6YDtpE.png]
[Image: KjzI1pC.png]
pics of the parts
(Oct. 15, 2021  6:06 AM)originalzankye Wrote: [Image: z6YDtpE.png]
[Image: KjzI1pC.png]
pics of the parts

I Found the driver statistic on TT part list web, but not with the layer. I wonder how did they called it, Db core or Blade.
Not sure if its just me but i kinda wish that High Xtend+' was actually black or silver instead of orange, it just doesn't match with the color of the bey imo. The clear Xtend+ Chip looks fine tho
(Oct. 15, 2021  6:18 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Not sure if its just me but i kinda wish that High Xtend+' was actually black or silver instead of orange, it just doesn't match with the color of the bey imo. The clear Xtend+ Chip looks fine tho

Same with me, i wish layer and drive have the same color. But if the layer gold and clear might looks good too

Just like Full custom power launcher
TBH a high xtend+' is smart, it won't scrape as much with discs like tapered and (obvi) it's a dash!
I see this being useful in many combos, eg:
Vanish Bahamut Tapered High XT+'
Guilty Bahamut Over High Xtend+'
[Image: 245786565_4353274341386402_1933403614871...e=618D9681][Image: 243156783_4353274488053054_7654385622483...e=618F0F42]

Thankfully no Metal Teeth confirmed. i guess folks are confused between teeth and burst lock (burst stopper)
Blades look so fragile !
I can't see the way not to break when Greatest stops (and falls) and other beyblade still spins.

It's look reminds me of Scythe Kronos the most.

(Oct. 15, 2021  12:11 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2021  11:57 PM)USN Wrote: I mean that the gimmick might be removable, like an armor piece. ...

I guess it might be. Since the layer is premature-fused in high mode and the core is non-detachable I guess if something were to be removable it might be the gimmick.

Umm ... if not, duct tape can help Grin
...hmm, bey has to be tilted at significant angle to be hit onto those teeth. I think that the purpose of those plastic pieces to pop up is to make layer as circular as possible. Remember, those teeth are in the "air" while layer and disk underneath are perfectly circular providing no resistance to the opponent...Smile
(Oct. 15, 2021  5:49 PM)model850 Wrote: ...hmm, bey has to be tilted at significant angle to be hit onto those teeth. I think that the purpose of those plastic pieces to pop up is to make layer as circular as possible. Remember, those teeth are in the "air" while layer and disk underneath are perfectly circular providing no resistance to the opponent...Smile

Brilliant deduction, Holmes!
I’m sorry, balance type? I thought it was a defense type? Then again a defense type doesn’t have a dash driver excpect for wave’, keep’, zone’+z, metal drift, metal defense. (metal drivers have dash springs) But Xtend+ and over are balance type parts so I guess it makes sense. I just assumed that the whole thing was the protags beys was usually an attack bey and the antags bey was usually a defense type.
(Oct. 15, 2021  6:29 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I’m sorry, balance type? I thought it was a defense type? Then again a defense type doesn’t have a dash driver excpect for wave’, keep’, zone’+z, metal drift, metal defense. (metal drivers have dash springs) But Xtend+ and over are balance type parts so I guess it makes sense. I just assumed that the whole thing was the protags beys was usually an attack bey and the antags bey was usually a defense type.

#notallantagonists

On a bigger note, this whole thing reeks of balance typing. High Xtend+' aside, it starts off with a sharp "attack" mode (which I expect will suck, this shape is not good for that), and then goes to Defense later. I already expect at least one moment of Valkyrie jumping on top and getting bear trapped honestly.

Still, the shape change is more important than the "defensive done", and with a bit of weight coming from the outer edge to the center it's spin velocity may increase slightly when it happens much the same as how tucking your arms in on a spinning chair speeds you up too.
(Oct. 15, 2021  6:29 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I’m sorry, balance type? I thought it was a defense type? Then again a defense type doesn’t have a dash driver excpect for wave’, keep’, zone’+z, metal drift, metal defense.  (metal drivers have dash springs) But Xtend+ and over are balance type parts so I guess it makes sense. I just assumed that the whole thing was the protags beys was usually an attack bey and the antags bey was usually a defense type.

Shu, Lui, and Arthur would like to speak with you
I just want to see how it performs in real life, I know its going to be good in the anime for the beginning but will it be good in real life? will that gimmick work in real life? whats it going to do? flip beys? trap beys?
(Oct. 15, 2021  10:20 PM)ZionandBirddo Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  6:29 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I’m sorry, balance type? I thought it was a defense type? Then again a defense type doesn’t have a dash driver excpect for wave’, keep’, zone’+z, metal drift, metal defense.  (metal drivers have dash springs) But Xtend+ and over are balance type parts so I guess it makes sense. I just assumed that the whole thing was the protags beys was usually an attack bey and the antags bey was usually a defense type.

Shu, Lui, and Arthur would like to speak with you
Hearts says hey too.
(Oct. 15, 2021  11:04 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2021  10:20 PM)ZionandBirddo Wrote: Shu, Lui, and Arthur would like to speak with you
Hearts says hey too.

Hearts wasn't a Main Villan. He was just an annoying dude who was evil and was interested in Aiga (Kinda creepy)